Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 100

Christian Young Adults Forum

Young adults and silly people: post your topics here, and respond to others.

Thread: Girls deserve respect!

  1. #1
    PRAIASEmyGOD
    Guest

    Default Girls deserve respect!

    just about every guy i know talks about how a girl is "hot" or how a girl is "sexy" well it really makes me frustrated when they do!

    now i wont give in to them! (Proverbs 4:14-16) states don't do as the wicked!
    when people say "hot" or "sexy" i find them being prejudice by calling them doming names that even some girls give in to! and it makes me sick! now here is a verse not to be prejudice!

    Galatians 3:28-29

    -"We are no longer Jews or Greeks or slaves or free men or even merely men or women, but we are all the same --- we are Christians; we are one in Christ Jesus. And now that we are Christ's we are the true descendants of Abraham, and all of God's promises to him belong to us."


    now this verse says a lot, about how to treat each other equally and calling girls "hot" and "sexy" and maybe even "slut, whore, *****" any other kind of dominging name you can come up with is just amazing about how much of a prejudice you are now do guys get called hot and sexy? yea well guys what do you want them to call you beautiful? because i know most guys would rather hot, but a girl ask just about any girl if she would rather be called "hot" or "beautiful" and she will say beautiful because that is how it should be!

    here is another verse

    Proverbs 19:22

    -"kindness makes a man attractive."


    now do you think calling a girl a ***** is kind?


    -i will leave that up to you to decide

  2. #2
    BellaFlor
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    It makes me feel really proud, happy and admire it when seeing young people like you already thinking over these things. Also there are even people around your age that is even wiser than many adults are. That shows me more the fact from Job's book 32, 7-9:

    "I thought, 'Age should speak;
    advanced years should teach wisdom. But it is the spirit in a man, the breath of the Almighty, that gives him understanding. It is not only the old who are wise, not only the aged who understand what is right".

    Also many girls are calling guys sexy and hot, it is a very normal way of speaking for many people nowadays. But like you say, if a girl gets called Beautiful it is even more rare than getting called hot or sexy. Unfortunately, many girls nowadays seems to want to look more sexy than beautiful. Especially when being at your age, I beleive this is even more of a pressure than when getting older. It is great seeing young guys like you wanting to respect girls, and call them more beautiful than being a form for object for many others. That you want to respect girls more, there is nothing wrong with it. And I am sure that many girls at your age will appreciate it more than many of the other guys, also, this can help their self esteem too, I think. That they get more respect, will help them respecting themselves more too.

    God Keep Blessing You!
    Last edited by BellaFlor; January 5th, 2010 at 09:09 AM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Maddog's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by PRAIASEmyGOD View Post
    now this verse says a lot, about how to treat each other equally and calling girls "hot" and "sexy" and maybe even "slut, whore, *****" any other kind of dominging name you can come up with is just amazing about how much of a prejudice you are now do guys get called hot and sexy?
    I have no idea what a 'dominging' name is.

    But I don't think saying a lass is 'sexy' is necessarily an inappropriate adjective. It's more often than not probably simply an honest opinion. As with many things, the sin, if any, is going to be in the the motive behind the word and not the utterance of the word itself.

    As for 'whore' and 'slut', well I generally consider those to be demeaning, but again, it's about the context and motive.

    Oh, and my mother and sister call fellas sexy etc, especially if he's Colin Firth.

  4. #4
    PRAIASEmyGOD
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    I have no idea what a 'dominging' name is.

    But I don't think saying a lass is 'sexy' is necessarily an inappropriate adjective. It's more often than not probably simply an honest opinion. As with many things, the sin, if any, is going to be in the the motive behind the word and not the utterance of the word itself.

    As for 'whore' and 'slut', well I generally consider those to be demeaning, but again, it's about the context and motive.

    Oh, and my mother and sister call fellas sexy etc, especially if he's Colin Firth.

    sorry i have terrible spelling i ment demeaning

  5. #5


    Wug
    Wug is offline
    Senior Member Wug's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    Yeah, you're on the right path, but just a warning, as you get older, you're going to notice guys, (and maybe you already do) that treat women like garbage, and they seem to always have a beautiful girlfriend that they take for granted. And nice respectful guys seem to have great difficulty in getting a girlfriend. I don't know your relationship status, but you're still young, and the devil may try to persuade you into thinking that in order to get a girlfriend, you have to be a jerk. Don't let that happen, because if there's anything this world has too much of, it's ungrateful boyfriends/husbands. But yeah, women should be respected.

    Keep it real....

  6. #6
    PRAIASEmyGOD
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wug View Post
    Yeah, you're on the right path, but just a warning, as you get older, you're going to notice guys, (and maybe you already do) that treat women like garbage, and they seem to always have a beautiful girlfriend that they take for granted. And nice respectful guys seem to have great difficulty in getting a girlfriend. I don't know your relationship status, but you're still young, and the devil may try to persuade you into thinking that in order to get a girlfriend, you have to be a jerk. Don't let that happen, because if there's anything this world has too much of, it's ungrateful boyfriends/husbands. But yeah, women should be respected.

    Keep it real....

    I know what you mean because well i had a beautiful girlfriend that dumped me on the 4th of july.. and i was heartbroken after she got together with some jerk that same day, so i thought *in sixth or seventh grade* i had to be a jerk to get girls then I started going to church less and what not then something hooked me back into church where i realized i need to get my act together and so i did and apologized to those that i may have hurt.

    then church camp came rolling along and now i find the "woman" so amazing how she was made from the mans rib, to be protected, and to be loved and cared for so i just told everygirl that i am sorry if i was ever a jerk, and they all said "no, no you havent ever bein!" which made me feel like i had coonqoured something and i then realized how much girls appreciate being called beautiful

    thanks for your reply GOD BLESS!

  7. #7
    callthe5o
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    i agree with you 100%. and for me its hard because i have a ton(i mean a biiiig amount) of non-christian friends and its really hard for me to say that at school cuz they will all corner me and make fun of me. thank God there are guys like you still on earth. God bless you bro.

  8. #8
    PRAIASEmyGOD
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by callthe5o View Post
    i agree with you 100%. and for me its hard because i have a ton(i mean a biiiig amount) of non-christian friends and its really hard for me to say that at school cuz they will all corner me and make fun of me. thank God there are guys like you still on earth. God bless you bro.

    hey i always had friends who would back me up and said they where chrisitain but they didnt play the role and one day one of my so called friends was talkin trash about some girl and i told him to cut it out and he said stfu get of my table and so i did happilly as long as i have my amazing GOD i am great! for you i pray! in jesus name! AMEN!

  9. #9
    callthe5o
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    wow, thnx bro. thats what i'm going to do, i'm going to depend on God and him only. i wont keep my mouth silent anymore. it kills me inside to see how men treat women(including my dad ). btw, i really appreciate you praying for me, it means alot. God bless you and i will keep you in my prayers.
    Last edited by callthe5o; January 6th, 2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: bad spelling

  10. #10
    RubberDuckie
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    wow my mom and I were just talking about this today! I'm really sick of young men coming up to me and saying "ur hot!" or "ur sexy". It makes me feel gross...like I'm not beautiful to you? I'm just hot or sexy? It sounds like they're calling me trash.
    Thanks for posting!

  11. #11
    callthe5o
    Guest

    Smile Re: Girls deserve respect!

    i know, its really dissrespectfull, girls are not PLAY TOYS!!!!! lol thats so wierd praisemyGod, i say the exact same thing about the rib to my christian friends at school. i say " God takes a rib out of every newborn baby boy to prepare the girl of his dreams, a girl handcrafted by the heavenly father."

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2009
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,576
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    Perhaps girls would prefer being called ugly and unattractive.

  13. #13
    callthe5o
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    was that sarcasm?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2009
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,576
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    Yes.. they don't like being called hot ,they don't like being called ugly... the best thing is not to say anything at all.

  15. #15
    callthe5o
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    bro, hot/sexy is really different than beautiful. hot and sexy are lustfull words, beautiful isn't. what do you think sexy means? hint: "sex"y

  16. #16
    beth18
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    i agree with this very much so. As a girl i would much rather a guy call me beautiful. Sometimes it just feels disgusting to be call hot or sexy. Guys say that all the time and its just words but being called beautiful makes girls feel good, and it is much more respectful. Thanks for posting this

  17. #17
    callthe5o
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    hey beth, i agree with you. the word "beautiful" shows alot more respect then sexy. sexy is a word men and women use to either fit in, or(this might sound silly) to stimulate the person there saying it to. the word sexy means an attractive figure, a person that gives you lustfull thoughts. thats why it disgusts me when i hear men calling women that or vice versa, because the real meaning of that word is basicaly....... you know.

  18. #18
    asamanthinketh
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    GOD created women and their beauty is part of that. If a man is commenting on a woman's appearance I think it matters his intent because although he may not choose the most appropriate words he may mean well. But at the same time you are right, some men are not commenting from an admiration of a woman as a creation to be appreciated and admired.



  19. #19
    PRAIASEmyGOD
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    wow my mom and I were just talking about this today! I'm really sick of young men coming up to me and saying "ur hot!" or "ur sexy". It makes me feel gross...like I'm not beautiful to you? I'm just hot or sexy? It sounds like they're calling me trash.
    Thanks for posting!

    your admiration is appreciated, it just makes me want to throw up when people say such demeaning names to such gorgeous woman

  20. #20
    callthe5o
    Guest

    Default Re: Girls deserve respect!

    thats really true. but most ppl these days dont mean it in a different way, its mostly about lust these days.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Shy guy wanting to meet girls
    By MadDawg in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
  2. How do I become good and close friends with girls.
    By dothackzero in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: March 27th, 2013, 01:18 AM
  3. The Fat Factor.........
    By minnesotablu in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2012, 09:01 AM

Tags for this Thread