Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By BrittanyEJ
  • 1 Post By Siberian_Khatru
  • 1 Post By BrittanyEJ
  • 3 Post By pwrnJC
  • 1 Post By Hellooo
  • 3 Post By wisebeardman

Christian Young Adults Forum

Young adults and silly people: post your topics here, and respond to others.

Thread: I can't take feeling alone!!!

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2015
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    0

    Default I can't take feeling alone!!!

    I know that Jesus is here with me every second of my life. I mean that I can't take being the only one in my family who....... How can I put this? It's like whatever Jesus does for me... like the times he healed me seconds after I prayed, I don't truly think my family believes me. I'm very different from my family. I am 20 years old and I'm just not interested in drinking, drugs, partying, dressing very inappropriate, dating. I am very different and I don't really know why but I love it and I just wish I had people in my life like me. And it's not only things about Jesus it's also just random things. I never have anyone on my side no matter what the situation is and I'm fed up. Who can I talk to?? Someone who wants to talk about all the great things Jesus has done and is still doing for us. Someone who wants to praise dance with me. Omg.... I would absolutely love that!! I know I probably seem much younger for my age but that's just me. I really want someone I can chat with almost every single day. I want to talk about Jesus to someone for hours. I love him very much! I'm afraid that when I turn 21 in May, my sisters are going to try and change me. They already want to give me makeover. Put weave in my hair, give me fake eyelashes, different clothes, fake nails and makeup. That's too much. I have my own hair, nails and lashes. My oldest who's 24 wants me to hangout at the bar for my birthday and it's just not going to happen. It's always hard for me to say no but they aren't going to peer pressure me about things I'm not comfortable doing anymore. I love wearing jeans and a shirt, sandals, listening to gospel music, praise dancing. They are all the opposite. I'm not trying to change them so they need to stop trying to change me. I want to find someone like me!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,534
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    Do you attend a church, Brittany? I'm at odds with the faith anymore, but it seems to me you need a community of like-minded people. Maybe having that would at least balance out your struggles at home; a place where you have folks that you can talk with about all the things you're really fired up about.
    wwjd_kilden likes this.
    "It is a happiness to wonder;─ it is a happiness to dream."

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2015
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian_Khatru View Post
    Do you attend a church, Brittany? I'm at odds with the faith anymore, but it seems to me you need a community of like-minded people. Maybe having that would at least balance out your struggles at home; a place where you have folks that you can talk with about all the things you're really fired up about.
    I don't. I haven't attended church in years which is probably a bad thing. I'm extremely shy and quiet but I'm working on my social skills so that I can get out there and meet wonderful people.
    tourist likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,534
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyEJ View Post
    I don't. I haven't attended church in years which is probably a bad thing. I'm extremely shy and quiet but I'm working on my social skills so that I can get out there and meet wonderful people.
    Very cool. That's a start.
    "It is a happiness to wonder;─ it is a happiness to dream."

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,432
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    I love your boldness, your willingness to step up to the plate and be all that JESUS wants you to be. Keep in mind, JESUS was not accepted in his own hometown. Even his half brother James did not recognize JESUS as a Savior until years after JESUS had ascended to heaven. There is no recording of how the immediate DNA of Jesus and the children of Mary and Joseph mingled. In short, it was JESUS who told us that 'anyone who does the work of my Father (God) is my brother and sister. I would so encourage you to seek out those holy spirit filled people in whom would be there for you and in whom you would be there for them....which means joining together in a bible study group, or local holy spirit filled congregation, etc. Let JESUS lead you to this as you pray and seek. JESUS tells us that if we are not willing to leave our family behind to follow HIM.....well, you know the rest of the story. You are now in a marriage...you as the bride of CHRIST and HE as the bridegroom. That takes precedence over your DNA family. You will find like minded people such as yourself!
    blueorchidjd, GOP and JustWhoIAm like this.

  6. #6


    GOP
    GOP is online now
    Senior Member GOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2015
    Age
    35
    Posts
    983
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    Very soon GOD will grant you what you desire. The devil is just using your family to tempt you but Hold on to GOD always. Trust in HIS Word and make it the standard of your life. Remember this always that GOD will never fail nor forsake you; and HE will not allow anyone to put you to shame as it is written, "Those who trust in the LORD shall never be put to shame." Again, it is written, "Those who wait for the LORD shall never be disappointed". Again, it is written, "All things work for good for those who Love GOD." You have a very great and beautiful future ahead of you and that's why the devil is trying to steal or destroy it through his temptations which he brings through your family members.
    Pray this prayer, "Thank You LORD You are with me always. HOLY FATHER, let your Mercy and Your Favor speak for me always. LORD have mercy upon my family in JESUS Name. Thank You LORD for hearest me always in JESUS Name."

    Please feel free to talk to me any time and I will reply you as the LORD Will.
    Emmanuel!!!
    GOD WITH US!
    All glory to GOD through JESUS our LORD.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2012
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,541
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyEJ View Post
    I don't. I haven't attended church in years which is probably a bad thing. I'm extremely shy and quiet but I'm working on my social skills so that I can get out there and meet wonderful people.
    Honestly, the best way to work on those skills is to actually go out and just do it. There is no substitute for experience.

    Use your current dissatisfaction as an impetus to proactively put yourself in front of opportunities that force you to interact with others. If you're looking for other believers, reach out to your local church or see what kind of ministries are around you (- are you in school? There's usually a few student ministries on campus in college. ) as for your family, why don't you open up to your sisters about your faith and why you don't participate in certain things or wear certain clothes?

    There's a cliché that goes something like "the best way to make a friend is to BE one"...challenge yourself to strike up meaningful conversation with people you encounter (within reason), and make an effort to participate in your community (school, local, church, work).
    blueorchidjd likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member wisebeardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,476
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    well, rule 1 don't let anyone change you. stand your ground.
    blue_ladybug, GOP and Ultimatum77 like this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,534
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellooo View Post
    There's a cliché that goes something like "the best way to make a friend is to BE one"
    Ooh, I like that.
    "It is a happiness to wonder;─ it is a happiness to dream."

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2012
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,541
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian_Khatru View Post
    Ooh, I like that.
    ...right?

    I like to think in terms of asking myself what can *I* do to make the most or the best out of a situation, because ultimately that's where I have the most control. That little ongoing mental reminder helps me stay grounded when I find myself in stressful situations or dealing with difficult personalities.
    asking yourself what the worst case scenario is also can be helpful....sometimes articulating and acknowledging the worst possible outcome takes the edge off of things that seem uncomfortable or scary.

    your time is so very valuable and precious, BrittanyEJ, don't let yourself become lost in things out of your control, or on the other end of the spectrum, become complacent on goals that are within your reach. This means you might have to establish and communicate boundaries with your family, or spend a few weekends visiting churches, take it upon yourself to invite an acquaintance out for breakfast, make a care package for the sick neighbor you bumped into while grabbing the mail, or whatever. Loneliness does not have to be a permanent diagnosis, even if it may overwhelmingly feel that way at times.

    Just my .02

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2015
    Age
    32
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    God is doing a mighty work in you, I encourage you to make friends at your local church and go out with them to events, coffee and just chill with them. Learn to be part of a community of christians.

    The King He is our Saviour the Lord Jesus the Christ..

    Peace and many blessings
    Last edited by JosiahUntoTheChrist; February 10th, 2016 at 08:27 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member JustWhoIAm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2016
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyEJ View Post
    I know that Jesus is here with me every second of my life. I mean that I can't take being the only one in my family who....... How can I put this? It's like whatever Jesus does for me... like the times he healed me seconds after I prayed, I don't truly think my family believes me. I'm very different from my family. I am 20 years old and I'm just not interested in drinking, drugs, partying, dressing very inappropriate, dating. I am very different and I don't really know why but I love it and I just wish I had people in my life like me. And it's not only things about Jesus it's also just random things. I never have anyone on my side no matter what the situation is and I'm fed up. Who can I talk to?? Someone who wants to talk about all the great things Jesus has done and is still doing for us. Someone who wants to praise dance with me. Omg.... I would absolutely love that!! I know I probably seem much younger for my age but that's just me. I really want someone I can chat with almost every single day. I want to talk about Jesus to someone for hours. I love him very much! I'm afraid that when I turn 21 in May, my sisters are going to try and change me. They already want to give me makeover. Put weave in my hair, give me fake eyelashes, different clothes, fake nails and makeup. That's too much. I have my own hair, nails and lashes. My oldest who's 24 wants me to hangout at the bar for my birthday and it's just not going to happen. It's always hard for me to say no but they aren't going to peer pressure me about things I'm not comfortable doing anymore. I love wearing jeans and a shirt, sandals, listening to gospel music, praise dancing. They are all the opposite. I'm not trying to change them so they need to stop trying to change me. I want to find someone like me!!
    Take comfort. That means you're doing it right.
    I can relate if it helps any.

    Here you go

    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...17&version=NLT
    Mommy, where's fluffy?

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2016
    Age
    19
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    Hi Brittany. I can relate!!! We all need friends, true friends...but true friends are made when we love the same thing with all our heart. Sound's like you are having trouble finding other people who are trying to love Jesus with all their heart : ( Don't give up...there is a great adventure in this life for those who will follow the Light with all their heart...www.findinglife.info

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    If you still need someone to chat with PM me.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    41
    Posts
    18,135
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: I can't take feeling alone!!!

    Thread is 3 weeks old. OP hasn't been on the site in a week.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

Similar Threads

  1. new here in between feeling lost and feeling complete
    By lostblacksheep in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: December 17th, 2016, 06:13 PM
  2. From feeling unwanted to feeling accepted
    By Cali13 in forum Testimonies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 2nd, 2014, 02:22 AM
  3. not feeling well
    By levi85 in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 17th, 2013, 02:48 PM
  4. Not feeling this!
    By DrivenByGod in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: May 20th, 2013, 06:58 PM