Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
Like Tree75Likes

Christian Young Adults Forum

Young adults and silly people: post your topics here, and respond to others.

Thread: "christians"

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2016
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    You are seeing through the wrong eyes and thus your understanding is in the wrong. Your answer about their spirit agreeing with your spirit about Jesus is not the correct answer because your spirit about Jesus may be in the wrong. It's easy to claim to have the holy spirit and think we know who is saved or not but only love can truly see and we can easily delude ourselves into thinking we can see into peoples hearts.
    How is Jesus spirit in me wrong?

  2. #22
    Senior Member TemporaryCircumstances's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 29th, 2016
    Age
    15
    Posts
    4,859
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    106

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    How is Jesus spirit in me wrong?
    How is their Jesus spirit in them wrong?
    And not that it disagrees with yours. That's the point Blain is saying.
    wwjd_kilden and Blain like this.
    God Bless,
    Natania ♡
    Your Frog President
    #froglivesmatter
    #greenlivesmatter
    http://christianchat.com/miscellaneo...-election.html

  3. #23
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,568
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    191

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    How is Jesus spirit in me wrong?
    Well think about this, you say if their spirit disagrees with the spirit of Jesus in you they do not have the holy spirit, however there is a major flaw in this thinking. to assume you know peoples hearts like that is very dangerous. the eyes we see through is the evidence of the state of our hearts and sadly can easily be altered and thus can see through the wrong pair of eyes.

    It's actually very easy to think their spirit disagrees with ours but it's because of this that we cannot assume we know their hearts or that they don't have the holy spirit. Never assume anything because things are rarely what they appear
    wwjd_kilden likes this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2016
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by TemporaryCircumstances View Post
    How is their Jesus spirit in them wrong?
    And not that it disagrees with yours. That's the point Blain is saying.
    If they have Jesus spirit its not wrong.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2016
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Well think about this, you say if their spirit disagrees with the spirit of Jesus in you they do not have the holy spirit, however there is a major flaw in this thinking. to assume you know peoples hearts like that is very dangerous. the eyes we see through is the evidence of the state of our hearts and sadly can easily be altered and thus can see through the wrong pair of eyes.

    It's actually very easy to think their spirit disagrees with ours but it's because of this that we cannot assume we know their hearts or that they don't have the holy spirit. Never assume anything because things are rarely what they appear
    I can tell if someone is saved.

  6. #26
    Senior Member TemporaryCircumstances's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 29th, 2016
    Age
    15
    Posts
    4,859
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    106

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    If they have Jesus spirit its not wrong.

    Okay
    But you said that their Jesus spirit doesn't match yours... which means they do have it, you just don't agree with it
    wwjd_kilden and blue_ladybug like this.
    God Bless,
    Natania ♡
    Your Frog President
    #froglivesmatter
    #greenlivesmatter
    http://christianchat.com/miscellaneo...-election.html

  7. #27
    Senior Member TemporaryCircumstances's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 29th, 2016
    Age
    15
    Posts
    4,859
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    106

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    I can tell if someone is saved.
    No.
    That's what everyone says but only one person can and ever will.
    God Bless,
    Natania ♡
    Your Frog President
    #froglivesmatter
    #greenlivesmatter
    http://christianchat.com/miscellaneo...-election.html

  8. #28
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    57,631
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    323

    Default Re: "christians"

    Take a journey into the Family forum. The plethora of porn, adultery, divorce threads. Those people have sinned and still are, but they are Christians.. So once again, YES, Christians do sin. We are not perfect, we do still stumble and sin. And no offense, but you sound a little prideful when you say "I can see when someone's saved."


    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    I'm not judging anyone based off actions. I can see the light of God on someone when they're saved. And no Christians don't sin. Were set free from sin. Only if you believe in the whole I can sin all I want cause im saved garbage. Christians don't sin. If they do its willful disobedience not sinning in ignorance like an unbeliever would. Its a dangerous thing to continue in sin after being saved. Its a disgrace actually.


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  9. #29
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    57,631
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    323

    Default Re: "christians"

    Are you omniscient? NO. Are you psychic? NO. Can you read their minds? NO. It is prideful and haughty behavior to say "I can tell when someone is saved". You ain't Jesus, and like TempCir said, ONLY Jesus knows whether someone's saved or not..


    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    I can tell if someone is saved.


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  10. #30
    Senior Member Monnkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    817
    Rep Power
    26

    Default Re: "christians"

    Well I think its hard if not impossible to tell if someone is truly saved. I have people I suspect are not saved,but I have no way of knowing. I would just pray for them and possibly bring up scripture in conversation and let God do his work.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,103
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    74

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    What do you do with someone who claims to be saved when it's painfully obvious they're not? Do you go through the true gospel with them or let them live in their little delusion?
    I let them be. I'm in no position to speak to them on any religious topic, and even if I see them acting in a manner contrary to what I feel they should be if they took their faith seriously, I'm in no position to judge due to my own struggles, not to mention my daily crisis of faith.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,568
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    191

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    I can tell if someone is saved.
    Can explain your process on deciding if their saved or not? what are the factors of their standing of being saved or not saved?
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  13. #33
    Senior Member G00WZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2014
    Age
    31
    Posts
    575
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    What do you do with someone who claims to be saved when it's painfully obvious they're not? Do you go through the true gospel with them or let them live in their little delusion?
    It depends on the person..I know a brother in Christ who pretty much smokes weed all day, hacks people online, and tries to preach on Facebook at the same time..Its sad to watch how he lives because he knows better yet he chooses this life for himself. I tried telling him the truth, but he would always like to pick and choose what scriptures to agree to, and which ones to ignore. In the end i had to stop mentoring him because he was starting to come against me with hate and jealousy
    and he made it crystal clear that he would rather get high than live in truth.

  14. #34
    Senior Member G00WZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2014
    Age
    31
    Posts
    575
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: "christians"

    also All who come to Christ are saved from being slaves to sin...Colossians 1:13 talks about how we were brought out from the darkness and into the kingdom of Christ. Ezekiel 36:26 talks about receiving a new heart and a new spirit put within us = the mind of Christ and the Holy Spirit... The issue is that after receiving all of this some people still choose operate from the old mind,old ways, not being slaves anymore, but still bound by old sinful habits because they have not yet learned how to function as a new creation in Christ and also not renewing their mind Romans 12:2.. the apostles gave instruction on how to live after being saved, but some people choose to neglect everything beyond the book of Matthew... People have options and choices to make, some don't know what they have, some choose to neglect it,some just flat out understand and walk in it completely, and some don't yet know but are learning and growing.. The best thing to do for anyone is to give them the truth of God and let them walk wherever they choose, cant force anyone into the kingdom or judge anyone for making dumb choices.. God judges a person by their heart, just have faith that his will be done always. and pray for those who fall.. sometimes they have to hit rock bottom to reach out to God so they can come back again.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Spokenpassage's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2013
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,955
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    What do you do with someone who claims to be saved when it's painfully obvious they're not? Do you go through the true gospel with them or let them live in their little delusion?
    Ask them if they know and understand the gospel. Usually if they aren't Christian, they either say 'Jesus died for our sins' without further explanation even if you ask them or that they don't know (by my statistics).
    "My beloved is mine, and I am his." - Song of Songs 2:16

    What is the gospel message? https://youtu.be/TXOWyjB7d24

    What is 1689 Federalism? Here are some videos and resources to introduce you to the historic position of Baptist Covenant Theology: http://www.1689federalism.com/

  16. #36
    Senior Member G00WZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2014
    Age
    31
    Posts
    575
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Spokenpassage View Post
    Ask them if they know and understand the gospel. Usually if they aren't Christian, they either say 'Jesus died for our sins' without further explanation even if you ask them or that they don't know (by my statistics).
    When i first came to Christ that is all i knew, so you can't go by how much knowledge or scripture a person knows

  17. #37
    Senior Member Spokenpassage's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2013
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,955
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by G00WZ View Post
    When i first came to Christ that is all i knew, so you can't go by how much knowledge or scripture a person knows
    Well, what I mean is that is usually the response of most people and nothing further. If you ask them what does that mean, they can't explain. Ask what happened after, they can't explain. Ask why he needed to do that, they can't explain. It was something they heard their parents or friends say.
    "My beloved is mine, and I am his." - Song of Songs 2:16

    What is the gospel message? https://youtu.be/TXOWyjB7d24

    What is 1689 Federalism? Here are some videos and resources to introduce you to the historic position of Baptist Covenant Theology: http://www.1689federalism.com/

  18. #38
    Senior Member G00WZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2014
    Age
    31
    Posts
    575
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Spokenpassage View Post
    Well, what I mean is that is usually the response of most people and nothing further. If you ask them what does that mean, they can't explain. Ask what happened after, they can't explain. Ask why he needed to do that, they can't explain. It was something they heard their parents or friends say.
    It goes both ways too because i know some satanists who know the bible even better than most Christians... its better to just give them the truth of God, if they accept it awesome, if not, it is what it is, sometimes like i said a person has to live a little longer to get the message, and like i said earlier, sometimes people in Christ just live wrong.

  19. #39
    Senior Member G00WZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2014
    Age
    31
    Posts
    575
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: "christians"

    I do see what you mean though, and yea there are those too "christian by association" .. "dad was a pastor so that automatically makes me a Christian too"
    Last edited by G00WZ; April 24th, 2017 at 01:25 AM.
    Spokenpassage likes this.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Spokenpassage's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2013
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,955
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by G00WZ View Post
    It goes both ways too because i know some satanists who know the bible even better than most Christians... its better to just give them the truth of God, if they accept it awesome, if not, it is what it is, sometimes like i said a person has to live a little longer to get the message, and like i said earlier, sometimes people in Christ just live wrong.
    Well, the Satanist isn't going to claim to be Christian.
    "My beloved is mine, and I am his." - Song of Songs 2:16

    What is the gospel message? https://youtu.be/TXOWyjB7d24

    What is 1689 Federalism? Here are some videos and resources to introduce you to the historic position of Baptist Covenant Theology: http://www.1689federalism.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 128
    Last Post: January 2nd, 2017, 07:27 PM
  2. Replies: 189
    Last Post: July 12th, 2016, 03:36 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 7th, 2014, 11:32 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: October 7th, 2013, 09:49 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 18th, 2013, 11:31 AM