Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50
Like Tree75Likes

Christian Young Adults Forum

Young adults and silly people: post your topics here, and respond to others.

Thread: "christians"

  1. #41
    Senior Member Spokenpassage's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2013
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,955
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by G00WZ View Post
    I do see what you mean though, and yea there are those too "christian by association" .. "dad was a pastor so that automatically makes me a Christian too"
    With children raised right, you can't tell sometimes.
    Monnkai and G00WZ like this.
    "My beloved is mine, and I am his." - Song of Songs 2:16

    What is the gospel message? https://youtu.be/TXOWyjB7d24

    What is 1689 Federalism? Here are some videos and resources to introduce you to the historic position of Baptist Covenant Theology: http://www.1689federalism.com/

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2016
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Can explain your process on deciding if their saved or not? what are the factors of their standing of being saved or not saved?
    Well I'm a prophet. God tells me if I ask. Pretty sure he'd do the same for anyone and me being a prophet has nothing to do with it. I believe he tells me when I ask because if they are I want to fellowship and if they're not I want to share the gospel. You see?

  3. #43
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    57,746
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    326

    Default Re: "christians"

    You're a prophet? That's highly doubtful...


    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    Well I'm a prophet. God tells me if I ask. Pretty sure he'd do the same for anyone and me being a prophet has nothing to do with it. I believe he tells me when I ask because if they are I want to fellowship and if they're not I want to share the gospel. You see?
    Blain likes this.


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  4. #44
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,568
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    192

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    Well I'm a prophet. God tells me if I ask. Pretty sure he'd do the same for anyone and me being a prophet has nothing to do with it. I believe he tells me when I ask because if they are I want to fellowship and if they're not I want to share the gospel. You see?
    There are many who claim to be prophets as the scriptures say Matthew 7:15-16

    "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. "You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?

    [COLOR="#0000CD"]Jeremiah 23:16


    Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Do not listen to the words of the prophets who are prophesying to you They are leading you into futility; They speak a vision of their own imagination, Not from the mouth of the LORD.

    For the record many misunderstand what a prophet is, when they think of the prophet they think of hearing God's voice or hearing the word of the lord or giving a prophecy of future events and while he does sometimes do this with his prophets the role and gift of the prophet is to speak the heart of god most often times done in encouragement building up and uplifting the body of Christ. the prophets are the ones who are used by God to make that spark and ignite that flame they don't just speak of their own accord God places the words in their hearts to speak and it just seems to flow sometimes they don't even know what they said was prophetic at the time but the impact the words they spoke are clearly seen in peoples hearts.

    To claim to be a prophet without understanding what a prophet is or what walking in the gift of the prophet is makes me think you are a prophet by title only. It's very easy to mistake our own voice with God and it certainly is not for the prophet to decide who is saved or not by a voice we hear because as I said that is not the role we are given. To imagine a prophet in other terms you can think of them as the gasoline that makes the fire in people burn brighter or the glass that makes the light shine with much more intensity as if you notice glass makes light shine much more vividly. It has nothing to do with hearing his voice as anyone who knows his voice can hear it but it is rarely done so as an actual voice.

    His voice is most often spoken in much more subtle ways, in ways that you have to truly be able to hear and listen. His voice is in the wind and it is in the dew drops of the morning dew it is in the laughter of a child and it is in gentle waves of the ocean
    It is that still quite serenity when you are at peace and are simply being still and knowing him it is in the tears we cry we are sad and worn and it is in that fire that burns from our love and passion for him blazing a trail with a reckless and abandoned heart for him and for all others.

    He speaks to me all the time pretty much all day everyday but not through a voice in my head rather it's more like a language of the heart a connection with his heart and my own using a voice with no sound and words with no voice. Until you know and understand at least this much you can claim to be a prophet but it's the fruits that are the deciding factor
    Last edited by Blain; April 24th, 2017 at 12:15 PM.
    blue_ladybug likes this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  5. #45
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,004
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: "christians"

    well first I think a scripture from the bible would help,"as for me and my household we shall serve the lord" because whether a person is apart of your household or not the best way the inspire change in others is to right in your own responsibilities of life and the person whom you claim may not be saved, may take notice of how you do right for the lord and may want to change themselves,as to telling if they are saved yes you can tell somewhat by their fruits but not always for so many try desperately to ride the fence between righteousness and unrighteousness and they'll lie in such a way that can be confusing but ultimately you are not to trouble yourself for whether or not they will choose to be saved is between them and God ,you merely can be a role model and guiding light on their path if they wish for wisdom and correction ,asking God for one's soul to be saved is after all the Most personal conversation you share with God and it is not "something" it is what changes "EVERYTHING"!!!

  6. #46
    Senior Member CherieR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 7th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    508
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: "christians"

    If you know that they don't truly believe in Jesus and say they are Christian because they go to church or whatever else, then share the gospel to them. Tell them how Jesus died for our sins and rose again for our justification. Tell them that the need to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior and Lord.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Jimbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2014
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,432
    Rep Power
    83

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Judging a book by it's cover is NOT judging someone based on looks. Christians sin. That's a fact. So how is judging someone by their looks any different from judging them by how they act? You could sin every day, and still be saved. You might not be reflecting Jesus, but you'd still be saved, even if an observer thought otherwise.. That's what you are, an observer. Judging those people by their actions. Just because they smoke and swear, for example, you're assuming they can't possibly have the HS because of those sins.. I'll say it once again: CHRISTIANS SIN.
    I'm sorry Lady, but I totally disagree, if Johnny tells me "I'm saved", and then goes out every night to deal drugs, fight, fornicate with and pimp hookers, all preying on the weak for selfish gain, then I can tell he is not really saved. Your opinion disagree's with what Jesus said as posted above in Matthew 7:16-17. Jesus says we WILL know them by their actions, and though I do have a lot of respect for you, when it comes down between what you feel and what Jesus said then I'm going with Him every time. As I'm sure and hope you would with me as well.
    blue_ladybug likes this.
    Mat 5:30

    "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell."


    I find this to be very true because, God used me losing all function in my right arm after a motorcycle wreak to lead me to Himself, Truth, and Salvation.

  8. #48
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    57,746
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    326

    Default Re: "christians"

    As a Christian, I can tell you that I still sin sometimes. Does that mean I'm not truly saved? NOPE. It just means that I'm a mortal Christian who still slips up every now and then.. And if Christians don't sin then why is there a plethora of porn, adultery, masturbation, divorce, etc threads in the Family forum? Is it because they aren't actually saved after all? Sorry, Jim, you and I will have to agree to disagree on this. God knows we still screw up, that's why He gave us repentance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbone View Post
    I'm sorry Lady, but I totally disagree, if Johnny tells me "I'm saved", and then goes out every night to deal drugs, fight, fornicate with and pimp hookers, all preying on the weak for selfish gain, then I can tell he is not really saved. Your opinion disagree's with what Jesus said as posted above in Matthew 7:16-17. Jesus says we WILL know them by their actions, and though I do have a lot of respect for you, when it comes down between what you feel and what Jesus said then I'm going with Him every time. As I'm sure and hope you would with me as well.
    Jimbone likes this.


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    824
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "christians"

    I think that you are very intelligent person and what not but where is this beautiful light and stuff that you speak of? I haven't seen it....and they call me a saint.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Jimbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2014
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,432
    Rep Power
    83

    Default Re: "christians"

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    As a Christian, I can tell you that I still sin sometimes. Does that mean I'm not truly saved? NOPE. It just means that I'm a mortal Christian who still slips up every now and then.. And if Christians don't sin then why is there a plethora of porn, adultery, masturbation, divorce, etc threads in the Family forum? Is it because they aren't actually saved after all? Sorry, Jim, you and I will have to agree to disagree on this. God knows we still screw up, that's why He gave us repentance.
    I guess I wasn't very clear on the flip side of what I said, and as far as what you're saying about sinless perfection, I agree. I do not in ANY way think that I do not still sin, so I agree with you on that to be clear. My only point was that it is possible to tell if someone is not truly saved in some cases, but I understand it's not a black and white issue either, nor am I trying to make it that, but this notion that we as Christians cannot under any circumstance tell if His Spirit is in someone we know, I think is false. On the other hand I'm not saying we as Christians don't still struggle with sin, I know I do every day, but that's the thing there is a struggle and I am not struggling with the same things I was before I was saved. I was made new and now the sins I struggle with I would have laughed at myself about before salvation.

    We could discuss this all day and never even scratch the surface, but I agree with your point's about still sinning (a different league of battling over sin than the carnal mind), just not that we can NEVER make an informed assumption on ones salvation by looking at their overall actions over time. I am not at all saying anyone of us human beings are sinless or that we should go around looking to question others salvation, but when saved God indwells us and gives us the ability to battle that sin and draw closer to how He created us to be. A simple layout of my understanding.

    Not saved= sinning and justifying it no matter what.

    Saved= turning from sin, being more aware of and actually hating sin instead of loving it, and a lifelong process of seeking to draw closer to Him which has to result in sinning less and less.

    This is a result of salvation in my experience, and I would rather hurt a feeling speaking truth, than help along a false sense of security in the name of feelings.
    That’s just me though, and all that aside I still love your input and hope you have a great day and weekend.
    Mat 5:30

    "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell."


    I find this to be very true because, God used me losing all function in my right arm after a motorcycle wreak to lead me to Himself, Truth, and Salvation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 128
    Last Post: January 2nd, 2017, 07:27 PM
  2. Replies: 189
    Last Post: July 12th, 2016, 03:36 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 7th, 2014, 11:32 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: October 7th, 2013, 09:49 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 18th, 2013, 11:31 AM