Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 181

Christian Young Adults Forum

Young adults and silly people: post your topics here, and respond to others.

Thread: Does God want me to masturbate?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 22nd, 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Does God want me to masturbate?

    I really want to, but I don't want to make him angry. Also, if he can see everthing, that means he sees me when I do it. So, it's like he's frowning at me.

    Help?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Maddog's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    I'm pretty sure He doesn't want you to masturbate, so I'd try and avoid it if you can.

  3. #3
    angelos
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    wierdest thread name i've ever seen O.o

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2010
    Age
    57
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    Quote Originally Posted by 53rv4n7 View Post
    I really want to, but I don't want to make him angry. Also, if he can see everthing, that means he sees me when I do it. So, it's like he's frowning at me.

    Help?

    absolutely excellent thread...

    way to go for putting it out there for discussion...


    I say its better to masterbate..then go frustrated...

    yes..god does see everything..even when you have sex with your wife or husband...

    so..you must learn to feel comfortable with your "sexuality" in front of your maker..

    what he wants for you..is a woman..who will be your..."vessel" of contentment...

    in a private way..beyond..wordly eyes...like google ..<(chuckles at all the images they save ..)

    I love that you had the boldness to ask this question....on a christian site...

    good on ya mate....(chuckles)

    since I am not in a relationship...yes occasionally I masterbate...

    I know God is watching.....is he a perv??..NO...

    but he does understand a biological need..as he created us this way.....meaning "sexual beings"...

    I think masterbation beats ..screwing someone you really may not want to marry..just to get"off"...
    now...if you have a wife already..???


    hmmm..I say you should discuss this with her instead of .."us"..???

    thats my take on it....(smiles)...<in french

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2010
    Age
    57
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    oops.....this could be a woman I was referring to...same thing...

    just switch the part that God wants you to have a woman..to God wants you to have a MAN...

    am I clear on that..hope so.....(frowns) <in arabic

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    God wants you to be happy. Sexually repressed and frustrated people are not happy, and they are denying nature. Nature says "Touch Yourself" and God created nature.

  7. #7
    angelos
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canterbury View Post
    God wants you to be happy. Sexually repressed and frustrated people are not happy, and they are denying nature. Nature says "Touch Yourself" and God created nature.
    that's nature AFTER the fall no one knows what nature was like BEFORE the fall

  8. #8
    lil-rush
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    Where in the Bible does it say God wants us to sin just so we can be happy?

    Masturbation is a sin, and God does not want anyone to sin. If you can't control your lust, Paul gave you the solution: get married. Paul did not say "If you are burning up with lust, masturbate." He said to find you a spouse. Masturbation is a sin because it is all about self, about pleasing your flesh. It's a perversion of what God intended to be between a man and woman.

    If you are so controlled by your lust that you can't be happy unless you masturbate, then you have a serious problem. Repent and get right with God.

  9. #9
    angelos
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    the bible doesn't mention masturbation as sinful or unsinful it just isn't in the text

  10. #10
    lil-rush
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    Quote Originally Posted by angelos View Post
    the bible doesn't mention masturbation as sinful or unsinful it just isn't in the text
    The Bible doesn't mention alot of things. It's called Critical Thinking. You take what is given to you, and deduce what is right and what is wrong based off what you know.

    You realize that if God had to take the time to outline every possible sin a human could commit, the Bible would be thousands of volumes long?

    If your mom tells you "don't eat any cookies before dinner" you wouldn't go and lick a cookie, would you? It's common sense to know that if you cannot eat the cookie, you better not lick it either.

    Likewise, God said to only have intercourse with your spouse. Masturbating is having intercourse with yourself, not your spouse. It's perverse, and it is adulterous. It is also gratifying your flesh, and hurting your spirit. If you are pleasing one, you are hurting the other. You cannot serve two masters, for you will hate the one and love the other. If you are serving your flesh, you are not serving your spirit.

  11. #11
    angelos
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    Quote Originally Posted by lil-rush View Post
    The Bible doesn't mention alot of things. It's called Critical Thinking. You take what is given to you, and deduce what is right and what is wrong based off what you know.

    You realize that if God had to take the time to outline every possible sin a human could commit, the Bible would be thousands of volumes long?

    If your mom tells you "don't eat any cookies before dinner" you wouldn't go and lick a cookie, would you? It's common sense to know that if you cannot eat the cookie, you better not lick it either.

    Likewise, God said to only have intercourse with your spouse. Masturbating is having intercourse with yourself, not your spouse. It's perverse, and it is adulterous. It is also gratifying your flesh, and hurting your spirit. If you are pleasing one, you are hurting the other. You cannot serve two masters, for you will hate the one and love the other. If you are serving your flesh, you are not serving your spirit.
    in the same way having sex with your spouse is gratifying your flesh. Eating is gratifying your flesh. I dont see how masturbating is intercourse with yourself you could then make the argument that oral sex is intercourse. I personally don't see masturbating as sinful

  12. #12
    lil-rush
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    Quote Originally Posted by angelos View Post
    in the same way having sex with your spouse is gratifying your flesh. Eating is gratifying your flesh. I dont see how masturbating is intercourse with yourself you could then make the argument that oral sex is intercourse. I personally don't see masturbating as sinful
    Eating is necessary to live. Gluttony (over-indulgence of food) is gratifying the flesh.
    Having sex is necessary for reproduction, and it was ordained by God as acceptable in marriage. Obsession with sex is gratifying the flesh.

    Oral sex is intercourse, hence the term "sex" being used in the phrase "oral sex."

    It really doesn't matter what you think. You're wrong. As my pastor once said: "everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn't mean your opinion is right."

  13. #13
    angelos
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    you don't know if i'm right or wrong you simply assume i am wrong and that your are right

  14. #14
    lil-rush
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    It's not an assumption. It's the truth, and I'm not going to sugarcoat it by saying "I believe this" or "I believe that."

    I am sick and tired of Christians trying to excuse their sins by saying crap like "Well the Bible doesn't say..."

    God gave you a brain! Use it!

    We all sin. Get over yourself, and just admit it, and strive to do better.

    Take procrastination, for example. The Bible never once says "procrastination is a sin" but I can use the brain that God gave me to logically come to the conclusion that procrastinating is a sin. "Hmm, God says not to be slothful, because that's a sin. Procrastination comes from being too lazy to do right now what I could put off for later, so that means procrastination is a sin." Do I still procrastinate? Yes, but I'm not afraid to admit that I'm sinning when I do it. Yes, procrastinating "makes me happy" because I get to laze off and do stuff that is fun instead of doing what needs be done, and by y'alls reasoning that makes it okay, because "God wants me to be happy."

    Wrong! God wants me to be obedient. He could care less about my happiness if it means I am going to sin against Him. It should make you happy to obey God. If you were doing that, you wouldn't have to worry about your precious masturbation.

  15. #15
    angelos
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    if this is making you angry then the discussion should not be had regardless of our views if you cannot keep your temper then this discussion has no profit in it

  16. #16
    lil-rush
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    Well, there is such a thing as righteous anger.

    Angry or calm, I have a feeling you wouldn't want to listen to what I say anyways. You hear what I'm saying, but you aren't listening.

  17. #17
    angelos
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    Quote Originally Posted by lil-rush View Post
    Well, there is such a thing as righteous anger.

    Angry or calm, I have a feeling you wouldn't want to listen to what I say anyways. You hear what I'm saying, but you aren't listening.
    your assuming that of me, there is a difference between listening and agreeing, just because i still disagree with you doesn't mean i am not listening to you.

  18. #18
    Member romans1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    idk. I could be wrong. But, i always viewed it as sinful. But if nothing else isn't it true it leads to other sinful things? Like impure/lustful thoughts, porn, etc? I always viewed it as sinful but have no biblical verses to really support myself at this time. So my opinion doesn't really matter I suppose. But what about when masturbating leads to the other things that I mentioned?

  19. #19
    angelos
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    any number of things can lead to impure/lustful thoughts and masturbation in itself does not lead to porn it usually porn that lead to masturbation

  20. #20
    angelos
    Guest

    Default Re: Does God want me to masturbate?

    can i not post links or am i just unaware of how to post them
    Last edited by angelos; May 27th, 2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: didn't post link

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. YHVH + Jesus + Holy Spirit
    By James_Steven in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: May 20th, 2014, 11:28 PM
  2. The 10 Commandments-The Sabbath (#4)
    By Truth2010 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: April 6th, 2014, 05:29 PM
  3. The heresy of limited atonement refuted
    By MahogonySnail in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: September 14th, 2013, 03:22 PM
  4. Predestination
    By mpaper345 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: February 12th, 2012, 04:56 AM
  5. Are muslims really worshiping satan?
    By Sharp in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 350
    Last Post: March 18th, 2010, 12:23 AM