Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Davidj
  • 2 Post By Amazing-Grace
  • 3 Post By BillG
  • 3 Post By CherieR
  • 1 Post By Jimbone
  • 1 Post By mailmandan
  • 1 Post By BillG
  • 1 Post By Jimbone

Christian Young Adults Forum

Young adults and silly people: post your topics here, and respond to others.

Thread: Question about salvation

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2017
    Age
    15
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Question about salvation

    hey i was saved like a few months ago? but i still do a sin every day when i get home from school? can i lose my salvation??

    im not on here everyday but you can kik me @ davidjurgins

    thx
    joefizz likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Amazing-Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2016
    Age
    58
    Posts
    640
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: Question about salvation

    If you are truly saved you would have a desire to not sin, you may still want to on occasion but you would feel convicted upon doing so because you know that sin goes against God and what He wants for your life. Your greatest desire should not be to sin but to please God and to grow closer to Him.
    joefizz and Aaronhalo18 like this.












    “Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who sets the planets in motion.” - Isaac Newton

  3. #3
    Senior Member BillG's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    135

    Default Re: Question about salvation

    Quote Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
    hey i was saved like a few months ago? but i still do a sin every day when i get home from school? can i lose my salvation??

    im not on here everyday but you can kik me @ davidjurgins

    thx
    Welcome brother.

    Praise God you are his child.

    Firstly know that this is the start of a journey. You are in Jesus and Jesus is in you.
    You have the Holy Spirit in you and he will walk with you and reveal the heart of God for.
    He will confirms you to the image of Christ.

    This is a walk, he walks with you and you with him.

    We will sin and do so even on this journey. The fact a believer can now recognise sin is a good thing.
    The amazing thing is though is that when we allow Jesus to increase in our lives, allow the Holy Spirit to work in us then what grips us will start to loosen.

    Dont focus on "Can I lose my salvation" instead focus on "God thank you for my salvation help me to grow in you"

    We all let God down at times but be assured he never let's us down.

    Its great to see you here.
    Last edited by BillG; July 13th, 2017 at 02:50 PM.
    joefizz, Rosemaryx and Aaronhalo18 like this.
    Lord

    Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

  4. #4
    Senior Member CherieR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    450
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Question about salvation

    If you have believed on Jesus: his divinity, death on the cross and resurrection by the power of God and have trusted in Jesus and what he did for you on the cross to save you and have asked Jesus to save you from hell then you are saved. I really like Psalm 34:22 : "The LORD redeems the soul of his servants, and none of those who trust in him shall be condemned."
    joefizz, Rosemaryx and Aaronhalo18 like this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Jimbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2014
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    83

    Default Re: Question about salvation

    Quote Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
    hey i was saved like a few months ago? but i still do a sin every day when i get home from school? can i lose my salvation??

    im not on here everyday but you can kik me @ davidjurgins

    thx
    Hey man I hope you're doing well. I would like to ask two questions in regard to your comments and question. First one, what do you understand "being saved" to be, like what does it do/why do you need to be saved? The second and more important in my opinion, was there a change in you when you were reborn? I guess that was kind of three questions, but the first to are asking more for you full understanding of what being saved even is.
    Aaronhalo18 likes this.
    Mat 5:30

    "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell."


    I find this to be very true because, God used me losing all function in my right arm after a motorcycle wreak to lead me to Himself, Truth, and Salvation.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Jimbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2014
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    83

    Default Re: Question about salvation

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    Welcome brother.

    Praise God you are his child.

    Firstly know that this is the start of a journey. You are in Jesus and Jesus is in you.
    You have the Holy Spirit in you and he will walk with you and reveal the heart of God for.
    He will confirms you to the image of Christ.

    This is a walk, he walks with you and you with him.

    We will sin and do so even on this journey. The fact a believer can now recognise sin is a good thing.
    The amazing thing is though is that when we allow Jesus to increase in our lives, allow the Holy Spirit to work in us then what grips us will start to loosen.

    Dont focus on "Can I lose my salvation" instead focus on "God thank you for my salvation help me to grow in you"

    We all let God down at times but be assured he never let's us down.

    Its great to see you here.
    I agree with a couple things you're saying and disagree with a few. Did you really mean "The fact a believer can now recognize sin is a good thing"? I can't disagree more with this. Sin is ALWAYS a bad thing.

    I do agree with "
    Don't focus on "Can I lose my salvation" instead focus on "God thank you for my salvation help me to grow in you"", but think there is a bigger and more important question we should ask. "Was I really saved in the first place?"

    I sat in church for years thinking I was saved with people telling me what you're telling him now, "Oh we all sin, even when you're saved you will always sin". While that is true to an extent, it can be VERY misleading. I thought it meant that just because I was still smoking weed, viewing porn, filling my head with all the crap I got from my music, TV, movies, video games, just living EXACTLY like I was before I repeated the magic words after the pastor that I was saved. No that's what my true conversion was like at all when I was REALLY saved. Like Amazing Grace said up there, after I was saved I was an "ALL NEW MAN" like Paul describes, I had new desires and wanted to please God, not on my own, but through the transforming power of the Holy Spirit.

    I understand that it is a personal thing and different for each person, also I understand not everyone has as radical a conversion as I did, I had my own "road to Damascus" experience that changed me completely overnight. I just think we need to be a little more careful and clear when dealing with the new converts, we don't want to give them a false sense of security that misleads them, but also don't want to give them unrealistic "rules" they can't live up to and that scare them off. They need to know it's ALL God and His power that changes us, not our own, but make it clear there IS absolutely a change.
    Mat 5:30

    "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell."


    I find this to be very true because, God used me losing all function in my right arm after a motorcycle wreak to lead me to Himself, Truth, and Salvation.

  7. #7
    Senior Member mailmandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2014
    Age
    51
    Posts
    12,220
    Rep Power
    272

    Default Re: Question about salvation

    The first year for me after my conversion was a roller coaster ride of attacks from the enemy! Salvation is not probation. Eternal life is not temporary life. Jesus is the door. He is not a revolving door.

    1 John 3:9 (AMP) - No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, because God’s seed [His principle of life, the essence of His righteous character] remains [permanently] in him [who is born again—who is reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose]; and he [who is born again] cannot habitually [live a life characterized by] sin, because he is born of God and longs to please Him.
    joefizz likes this.
    I'm not a bad guy. I'm just misunderstood.

    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

  8. #8
    Senior Member BillG's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    135

    Default Re: Question about salvation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbone View Post
    I agree with a couple things you're saying and disagree with a few. Did you really mean "The fact a believer can now recognize sin is a good thing"? I can't disagree more with this. Sin is ALWAYS a bad thing.

    I do agree with "
    Don't focus on "Can I lose my salvation" instead focus on "God thank you for my salvation help me to grow in you"", but think there is a bigger and more important question we should ask. "Was I really saved in the first place?"

    I sat in church for years thinking I was saved with people telling me what you're telling him now, "Oh we all sin, even when you're saved you will always sin". While that is true to an extent, it can be VERY misleading. I thought it meant that just because I was still smoking weed, viewing porn, filling my head with all the crap I got from my music, TV, movies, video games, just living EXACTLY like I was before I repeated the magic words after the pastor that I was saved. No that's what my true conversion was like at all when I was REALLY saved. Like Amazing Grace said up there, after I was saved I was an "ALL NEW MAN" like Paul describes, I had new desires and wanted to please God, not on my own, but through the transforming power of the Holy Spirit.

    I understand that it is a personal thing and different for each person, also I understand not everyone has as radical a conversion as I did, I had my own "road to Damascus" experience that changed me completely overnight. I just think we need to be a little more careful and clear when dealing with the new converts, we don't want to give them a false sense of security that misleads them, but also don't want to give them unrealistic "rules" they can't live up to and that scare them off. They need to know it's ALL God and His power that changes us, not our own, but make it clear there IS absolutely a change.
    No I am not saying that sin is a good thing. What I was saying was that "Now that a believer can recognise sin is a good thing"

    In other words recognising what sin is, is a good thing. God has changed their heart and revealed to then what sin is.

    With regards to you second point I disagree with you and am happy to do so.
    Every Christian who sins has the tendency to question whether they are saved. If we did that very time we will be a walking bag of nerves and thinking in one minute out the next.

    That is not the way God wants us to walk. We walk by faith.
    What you say can lead to "I must not sin and if I do then I'm out" it also can lead to being a robot in our walk, doing everything we possibly can to be saved. There is no love whatsoever in this.

    You posted above

    The second and more important in my opinion, was there a change in you when you were reborn? I
    What level of change do you expect in a new believer, a babe in Christ?
    Remember not everyone grows and changes at the same pace.
    To me the fact that a new believer now understands what sin is and wants to change is a great start and along with wanting to be like Jesus.

    Your approach can damage the walk before it has started.

    My approach with people that I have led to Jesus is along the lines of " Now you are a child of God, you are in him and he is in you" Then I take them through a discipleship phase as such where grounding in faith is taked about and what God wants to do in us.

    Now I agree with you that there will be a change, firstly in thinking and then in action and it's The Holy Spirit who brings about this change in us, and yes we have to cooperate.

    The Holy Spirit changes us as he knows best.
    He knows what he is doing in others but we don't.
    Last edited by BillG; August 4th, 2017 at 02:12 PM.
    joefizz likes this.
    Lord

    Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jimbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2014
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    83

    Default Re: Question about salvation

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    No I am not saying that sin is a good thing. What I was saying was that "Now that a believer can recognise sin is a good thing"

    In other words recognising what sin is, is a good thing. God has changed their heart and revealed to then what sin is.

    With regards to you second point I disagree with you and am happy to do so.
    Every Christian who sins has the tendency to question whether they are saved. If we did that very time we will be a walking bag of nerves and thinking in one minute out the next.

    That is not the way God wants us to walk. We walk by faith.
    What you say can lead to "I must not sin and if I do then I'm out" it also can lead to being a robot in our walk, doing everything we possibly can to be saved. There is no love whatsoever in this.

    You posted above



    What level of change do you expect in a new believer, a babe in Christ?
    Remember not everyone grows and changes at the same pace.
    To me the fact that a new believer now understands what sin is and wants to change is a great start and along with wanting to be like Jesus.

    Your approach can damage the walk before it has started.

    My approach with people that I have led to Jesus is along the lines of " Now you are a child of God, you are in him and he is in you" Then I take them through a discipleship phase as such where grounding in faith is taked about and what God wants to do in us.

    Now I agree with you that there will be a change, firstly in thinking and then in action and it's The Holy Spirit who brings about this change in us, and yes we have to cooperate.

    The Holy Spirit changes us as he knows best.
    He knows what he is doing in others but we don't.
    Oh, I got ya now. I knew I had to be missing something. Sometime text is hard to "get the point" the correct way. I agree that the ability to recognize sin is a good thing.

    As far as "Every Christian who sins has the tendency to question whether they are saved. If we did that very time we will be a walking bag of nerves and thinking in one minute out the next." I think you misunderstood me, I clearly said "I do agree with "Don't focus on "Can I lose my salvation" instead focus on "God thank you for my salvation help me to grow in you". My point was there are a LOT of false conversions, having been one I understand that firsthand.

    As far as "What level of change do you expect in a new believer, a babe in Christ?", that depends, but for me personally it was HUGE, so as a "babe in Christ" I was ALL NEW, but that was also why I qualified that with "I understand that it is a personal thing and different for each person, also I understand not everyone has as radical a conversion as I did". Yes not everyone is like me, nor will they be like you, but there WILL be a change. I do not believe at all that you can be saved, made new by the power of God and there be no change. My point to him is if you think you were saved and there is no change at all, then you may want to examine yourself and dig a little deeper.

    I'm saying that if one thinks one can be saved and live in sin the exact same way they were before, then I strongly disagree. If that was the case then why in the world would I want to be saved? Not only that but is that the power of God? Behold the power of God, you're exactly the same??? Nope that's not being born again in my experience, not only my own ,but in others I've seen regenerated too.

    It seems we are on the same page, but I think you misunderstood me a bit too. All I am saying is if you think you're saved yet nothing changed at all, then you may want to keep seeking and not just take all the folks saying "you'll still sin" as an excuse to think you've "arrived" and that's all there is. Like I said before I know this happens because it happen to me.
    Last edited by Jimbone; August 4th, 2017 at 02:58 PM.
    BillG likes this.
    Mat 5:30

    "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell."


    I find this to be very true because, God used me losing all function in my right arm after a motorcycle wreak to lead me to Himself, Truth, and Salvation.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Question about salvation

    Hello it is I Aaron Lee here and yes I'm a Christian since birth.

  11. #11
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,839
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Question about salvation

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronhalo18 View Post
    Hello it is I Aaron Lee here and yes I'm a Christian since birth.
    allow me to welcome you then...
    Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  12. #12
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    56,770
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    305

    Default Re: Question about salvation

    It's impossible to become a Christian at birth. Infants don't have the mental capacity to know Jesus, confess with their mouths that He is Lord and Savior, nor do babies even know WHAT a Christian even is.. So unless in your older, more cognitive years, you have come to know Jesus and claim Him as your Savior, and been saved, you're NOT a Christian. If you haven't done any of this yet, I suggest you hurry, because time is short and we will see the Lord soon. And NO, being baptized does NOT save you nor make you a Christian.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronhalo18 View Post
    Hello it is I Aaron Lee here and yes I'm a Christian since birth.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






Similar Threads

  1. A QUESTION FOR SALVATION LOOSERS
    By dcontroversal in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 381
    Last Post: May 15th, 2014, 06:15 AM
  2. Question about salvation
    By ShyForHim in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: April 10th, 2013, 11:30 AM
  3. Salvation question
    By chesser in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 31st, 2012, 12:22 PM
  4. Salvation question..
    By Sarah_D in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 30th, 2012, 04:59 PM
  5. Question about Salvation
    By Shyness in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 10th, 2011, 01:01 PM