Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree41Likes

Christian Young Adults Forum

Young adults and silly people: post your topics here, and respond to others.

Thread: Discouraged

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Discouraged

    I'm very frustrated with my walk with Christ.. I'm always thinking I should be way farther ahead. I'm getting discouraged because when I read certain scriptures I don't understand.... and I was told of you don't understand that means you aren't following Christ correctly ....... and then between trying to read the Word and chasing after my children is very hard. I want nothing more than to follow Christ understand and help others...I feel myself getting discouraged I know God doesn't give us a spirit of fear.. but hearing about North Korea and everything... just concerns me.... me and my husband pray... read the Word... but I'm feeling down and discouraged... like I can't get it right... or maybe I'm not Gods chosen... and he doesn't want to work with me anymore...excuse me if I sound absurd... just the way I am feeling... and I'm worried about the falling away... if anyone can give some encouragement or help me anyway. I will appreciate it..

  2. #2
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,237
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    376

    Default Re: Discouraged

    I am also very frustrated in my walk with Jesus. Having come from a religious background, I also thought I should be further ahead. However, having a religious background means nothing. I try to read the bible, but I always get distracted after just a few seconds. If I could just focus on reading it and not having a gazillion other things flooding my mind at the same time.

    We can't worry about what's happening elsewhere in the world. Just keep reading your bible and pray for understanding in what you read. Rest assured that you ARE one of God's chosen, and He never tires of working with us.

    Read Ephesians chapters 1-5 today. I did, and was very enlightened..
    SAS likes this.


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Imagine Blue Ladybug and an orange kitty army!!


    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    I am also very frustrated in my walk with Jesus. Having come from a religious background, I also thought I should be further ahead. However, having a religious background means nothing. I try to read the bible, but I always get distracted after just a few seconds. If I could just focus on reading it and not having a gazillion other things flooding my mind at the same time.

    We can't worry about what's happening elsewhere in the world. Just keep reading your bible and pray for understanding in what you read. Rest assured that you ARE one of God's chosen, and He never tires of working with us.

    Read Ephesians chapters 1-5 today. I did, and was very enlightened..
    Thank you for your reply. Yes I grew up to in a religious background I was adopted and my family we were always in church I mean all the time and in the choir . I got away from trying to do what I wanted to do. So I understand about being farther along.. it's frustrating I just want God to be pleased with me... thank you for your encouragement I'm going to keep praying keep reading....
    blue_ladybug likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,966
    Rep Power
    191

    Default Re: Discouraged

    please dont feel discouraged and just be patient

    Gods doesnt send everyone to be a teacher

    if right now all you need is to follow Christ thats a gift in itself


    just be patient keep trying
    and even if you dont have as much knowledge in the form of being able to teach doctrine God can use for for charity and to spread seeds of truth

    sharing the basic gospel is simple

    Jesus is the only way and the truth
    have faith in Him to save you and justify you because you have sinned and He is completely righteous and there is a righteous judgement coming



    God can use you for many other things
    we are all different members of the body of Christ and get different gifts at different times


    Galatians 5:22-23
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.


    (very helpful verse to me when i feel discouraged)
    PennEd, SAS, blue_ladybug and 3 others like this.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    please dont feel discouraged and just be patient

    Gods doesnt send everyone to be a teacher

    if right now all you need is to follow Christ thats a gift in itself


    just be patient keep trying
    and even if you dont have as much knowledge in the form of being able to teach doctrine God can use for for charity and to spread seeds of truth

    sharing the basic gospel is simple

    Jesus is the only way and the truth
    have faith in Him to save you and justify you because you have sinned and He is completely righteous and there is a righteous judgement coming



    God can use you for many other things
    we are all different members of the body of Christ and get different gifts at different times


    Galatians 5:22-23
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.


    (very helpful verse to me when i feel discouraged)
    Thank you! Your right sometimes I do rush it and want it to be overnight.. just like my transformation I want it to be at this moment ...thank you for the verses and encouragement.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Crimson_Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2012
    Age
    41
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Quote Originally Posted by TrustingGod4life View Post
    I'm very frustrated with my walk with Christ.. I'm always thinking I should be way farther ahead. I'm getting discouraged because when I read certain scriptures I don't understand.... and I was told of you don't understand that means you aren't following Christ correctly ....... and then between trying to read the Word and chasing after my children is very hard. I want nothing more than to follow Christ understand and help others...I feel myself getting discouraged I know God doesn't give us a spirit of fear.. but hearing about North Korea and everything... just concerns me.... me and my husband pray... read the Word... but I'm feeling down and discouraged... like I can't get it right... or maybe I'm not Gods chosen... and he doesn't want to work with me anymore...excuse me if I sound absurd... just the way I am feeling... and I'm worried about the falling away... if anyone can give some encouragement or help me anyway. I will appreciate it..
    Hi TrustingGod4life,
    Don't worry about where you should or should not be, that's for God to cover. God created those kids with all that energy, He understands how hard it is to chase them and try to read the Word. He also knows you are pouring yourself into being a mother, it's part of the good work He has for you- and you are accomplishing it.

    In my own life I have failed in my Christian walk more times that I would like to admit. In a lot of ways, I have not followed Christ correctly. But it's not the failure that is important, it's the getting back up and trying again. It's the diligent pursuit of Him that makes or breaks me. Every time I get knocked down when I get back up, I'm a little smarter and a little stronger and definitely more compassionate.

    One small practical tip: the next time you start feeling concerned or worried, think of 10 things you are thankful for in your life and speak them out loud. It's amazing how much it helps to refocus.

    Regarding scripture, the bible has depth. Applying it takes time and effort and sometimes you have to wrestle through. No one- and I mean no one- understands all of scripture the first time they read it- or even the third. Sometimes it's taken me YEARS to understand passages- but when I finally got them the truth stuck with me. This journey we are on is a process and sometimes it's God's will for us to wrestle through.

    Take heart, God isn't measuring your progress with a stick. He's patient, kind and loves you right where you are.
    PennEd, SAS, Rosemaryx and 1 others like this.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Lark View Post
    Hi TrustingGod4life,
    Don't worry about where you should or should not be, that's for God to cover. God created those kids with all that energy, He understands how hard it is to chase them and try to read the Word. He also knows you are pouring yourself into being a mother, it's part of the good work He has for you- and you are accomplishing it.

    In my own life I have failed in my Christian walk more times that I would like to admit. In a lot of ways, I have not followed Christ correctly. But it's not the failure that is important, it's the getting back up and trying again. It's the diligent pursuit of Him that makes or breaks me. Every time I get knocked down when I get back up, I'm a little smarter and a little stronger and definitely more compassionate.

    One small practical tip: the next time you start feeling concerned or worried, think of 10 things you are thankful for in your life and speak them out loud. It's amazing how much it helps to refocus.

    Regarding scripture, the bible has depth. Applying it takes time and effort and sometimes you have to wrestle through. No one- and I mean no one- understands all of scripture the first time they read it- or even the third. Sometimes it's taken me YEARS to understand passages- but when I finally got them the truth stuck with me. This journey we are on is a process and sometimes it's God's will for us to wrestle through.

    Take heart, God isn't measuring your progress with a stick. He's patient, kind and loves you right where you are.
    Thank you for understanding! It is challenging. I just seems to me others don't struggle and I always think I want to be their. So it's just not just me that takes awhile to understand some scriptures.
    Crimson_Lark and SAS like this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,237
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    376

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Read my testimonies, or any testimony in that forum, and you'll see that others do indeed struggle. I've gone through rape, cancer, epilepsy, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc... I'm still here.


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Imagine Blue Ladybug and an orange kitty army!!


    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Read my testimonies, or any testimony in that forum, and you'll see that others do indeed struggle. I've gone through rape, cancer, epilepsy, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc... I'm still here.

    I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I definitely understand especially the suicidal thoughts...molestation ...
    PennEd, SAS and blue_ladybug like this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,237
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    376

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Would you like to be my prayer partner? I've been looking for one, and I think you'd be perfect.
    SAS and TrustingGod4life like this.


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Imagine Blue Ladybug and an orange kitty army!!


    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  11. #11
    Senior Member Saturn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Quote Originally Posted by TrustingGod4life View Post
    I'm very frustrated with my walk with Christ.. I'm always thinking I should be way farther ahead. I'm getting discouraged because when I read certain scriptures I don't understand.... and I was told of you don't understand that means you aren't following Christ correctly ....... and then between trying to read the Word and chasing after my children is very hard. I want nothing more than to follow Christ understand and help others...I feel myself getting discouraged I know God doesn't give us a spirit of fear.. but hearing about North Korea and everything... just concerns me.... me and my husband pray... read the Word... but I'm feeling down and discouraged... like I can't get it right... or maybe I'm not Gods chosen... and he doesn't want to work with me anymore...excuse me if I sound absurd... just the way I am feeling... and I'm worried about the falling away... if anyone can give some encouragement or help me anyway. I will appreciate it..
    Hi

    I can really relate to your frustration. And this is just my take on things.

    I'm a single parent of 4 kids. My youngest are a set of twins that are 9 months old, but are up 3 to 4 times a night. So i really don't sleep much, by the time it's 7pm and they go down for the night, i'm done. I am mentally and physically exhausted and i just don't feel like i have much left in me to do anything else.
    I wish i had more time than i do to spend studying the bible or listening to sermons/teachings, but i just don't.
    Every morning or evening though i do spend at least a few minutes reading the bible or doing a bible study, and i only say a few minutes because i literally at times have 10 or 15 minutes before one of my kids needs something or someone is crying.

    This is how i see it. God knows my situation, he knows my heart, he knows my life, he see's what i do all day long, my life is no surprise to him. He see's that i am making that effort to spend time in the word.

    When you're a parent your life is a balancing act. How can i do A. B. C. and D. as well as take care of my children and honor God in the process.

    Now, i do not know where you have gotten the misinformation that because you do not understand scripture that you are not following Christ correctly. None of us have a perfect understanding of every verse in the bible. Sometimes it takes clarification. That's why it's great to have forums like these and pastors, teachers, to help us understand. And that's why we have pastors and teachers.

    Let me digress a moment. It sounds like you are doing all you can and you can only do what you can do. My favorite name for God is El Roi, ''The God who sees'' He is looking at you and at your marriage and he see's that you are trying to honor him in those areas of your life. He is not disappointed with you. He is not frustrated with you or mad at you. He loves you, he wants to help you, he wants to give you peace when you're feeling afraid and rest when you're tired. Don't try to take on so much.

    Set a goal to maybe help one person a week, and by helping that could be to encourage someone when they're down, or fill a need they might have. Whatever it is the Lord is speaking to you to do.

    Don't be so hard on yourself. You're a mom, a wife, a woman, you've got a lot on your plate. And i bet you are doing an amazing job

    As for fear. When i had the time each day, i would sit down and look up verses on fear and write them down. That way when i started getting fearful, i would go right to that paper and i would start reciting verses until i memorized them. So when fear started to come, nope, i'm not going to give into that because in Isaiah 41:10 it says, ''So do not fear for i am with you, do not be dismayed for i am your God I will strengthen you and help you, i will uphold you with my righteous right hand.''
    Then ask God to help you believe it, believe it with your heart and believe it in your mind.

    Im sorry if this is all jumbled! The twins went down for a nap and i'm trying to get it done quickly before they wake up and start to terrorize the house again hahaha

  12. #12
    Member OMEGA777's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2017
    Age
    70
    Posts
    35
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Discouraged

    YOUR NAME IS IN THE BOOK OF ETERNAL LIFE AND ANGELS WATCH OVER YOUR CHILDREN

    THEIR ARE BILLIONS OF ANGELS LOOKING AFTER YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND GOD WANTS TO ALWAYS BLESS YOU
    WITH WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING OF HIS WORD.

    Mt 18:10 That in heaven the angels of the Children do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

    1Ch 21:16 And David lifted up his eyes, and saw the angel of the LORD stand between the earth and the heaven,

    Ge 28:12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven:
    and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

    Joh 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.
    Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
    20 and TrustingGod4life like this.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Would you like to be my prayer partner? I've been looking for one, and I think you'd be perfect.
    I'm sorry for the late reply! But yes! I would love too I don't have one'
    blue_ladybug likes this.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
    Hi

    I can really relate to your frustration. And this is just my take on things.

    I'm a single parent of 4 kids. My youngest are a set of twins that are 9 months old, but are up 3 to 4 times a night. So i really don't sleep much, by the time it's 7pm and they go down for the night, i'm done. I am mentally and physically exhausted and i just don't feel like i have much left in me to do anything else.
    I wish i had more time than i do to spend studying the bible or listening to sermons/teachings, but i just don't.
    Every morning or evening though i do spend at least a few minutes reading the bible or doing a bible study, and i only say a few minutes because i literally at times have 10 or 15 minutes before one of my kids needs something or someone is crying.

    This is how i see it. God knows my situation, he knows my heart, he knows my life, he see's what i do all day long, my life is no surprise to him. He see's that i am making that effort to spend time in the word.

    When you're a parent your life is a balancing act. How can i do A. B. C. and D. as well as take care of my children and honor God in the process.

    Now, i do not know where you have gotten the misinformation that because you do not understand scripture that you are not following Christ correctly. None of us have a perfect understanding of every verse in the bible. Sometimes it takes clarification. That's why it's great to have forums like these and pastors, teachers, to help us understand. And that's why we have pastors and teachers.

    Let me digress a moment. It sounds like you are doing all you can and you can only do what you can do. My favorite name for God is El Roi, ''The God who sees'' He is looking at you and at your marriage and he see's that you are trying to honor him in those areas of your life. He is not disappointed with you. He is not frustrated with you or mad at you. He loves you, he wants to help you, he wants to give you peace when you're feeling afraid and rest when you're tired. Don't try to take on so much.

    Set a goal to maybe help one person a week, and by helping that could be to encourage someone when they're down, or fill a need they might have. Whatever it is the Lord is speaking to you to do.

    Don't be so hard on yourself. You're a mom, a wife, a woman, you've got a lot on your plate. And i bet you are doing an amazing job

    As for fear. When i had the time each day, i would sit down and look up verses on fear and write them down. That way when i started getting fearful, i would go right to that paper and i would start reciting verses until i memorized them. So when fear started to come, nope, i'm not going to give into that because in Isaiah 41:10 it says, ''So do not fear for i am with you, do not be dismayed for i am your God I will strengthen you and help you, i will uphold you with my righteous right hand.''
    Then ask God to help you believe it, believe it with your heart and believe it in your mind.

    Im sorry if this is all jumbled! The twins went down for a nap and i'm trying to get it done quickly before they wake up and start to terrorize the house again hahaha
    Awwwww God Bless you sister! You do have a a lot on your plate! Your doing a awesome job! Thank you for the encouragement truly I do get down on myself it's like I feel I'm not doing enough.... and it's like I pray but at times I feel God just won't hear me or not hearing me. My son had a speech and developmental delay so I try to manage that. So many things ... then read the Bible so thank you for encouragement truly it means a lot I love God I do.

    With the fear just like I was told children don't go to heaven.. then I was told they do.. it's like idk just a lot goes into my thoughts! And then I think I'm not doing it correctly following Christ...

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA777 View Post
    YOUR NAME IS IN THE BOOK OF ETERNAL LIFE AND ANGELS WATCH OVER YOUR CHILDREN

    THEIR ARE BILLIONS OF ANGELS LOOKING AFTER YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND GOD WANTS TO ALWAYS BLESS YOU
    WITH WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING OF HIS WORD.

    Mt 18:10 That in heaven the angels of the Children do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

    1Ch 21:16 And David lifted up his eyes, and saw the angel of the LORD stand between the earth and the heaven,

    Ge 28:12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven:
    and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

    Joh 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.
    Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
    Thank you sooo much for the encouraging verses! I will be writing those down! I don't realize sometiems the Word has everything we need! Thank you!

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
    Hi

    I can really relate to your frustration. And this is just my take on things.

    I'm a single parent of 4 kids. My youngest are a set of twins that are 9 months old, but are up 3 to 4 times a night. So i really don't sleep much, by the time it's 7pm and they go down for the night, i'm done. I am mentally and physically exhausted and i just don't feel like i have much left in me to do anything else.
    I wish i had more time than i do to spend studying the bible or listening to sermons/teachings, but i just don't.
    Every morning or evening though i do spend at least a few minutes reading the bible or doing a bible study, and i only say a few minutes because i literally at times have 10 or 15 minutes before one of my kids needs something or someone is crying.

    This is how i see it. God knows my situation, he knows my heart, he knows my life, he see's what i do all day long, my life is no surprise to him. He see's that i am making that effort to spend time in the word.

    When you're a parent your life is a balancing act. How can i do A. B. C. and D. as well as take care of my children and honor God in the process.

    Now, i do not know where you have gotten the misinformation that because you do not understand scripture that you are not following Christ correctly. None of us have a perfect understanding of every verse in the bible. Sometimes it takes clarification. That's why it's great to have forums like these and pastors, teachers, to help us understand. And that's why we have pastors and teachers.

    Let me digress a moment. It sounds like you are doing all you can and you can only do what you can do. My favorite name for God is El Roi, ''The God who sees'' He is looking at you and at your marriage and he see's that you are trying to honor him in those areas of your life. He is not disappointed with you. He is not frustrated with you or mad at you. He loves you, he wants to help you, he wants to give you peace when you're feeling afraid and rest when you're tired. Don't try to take on so much.

    Set a goal to maybe help one person a week, and by helping that could be to encourage someone when they're down, or fill a need they might have. Whatever it is the Lord is speaking to you to do.

    Don't be so hard on yourself. You're a mom, a wife, a woman, you've got a lot on your plate. And i bet you are doing an amazing job

    As for fear. When i had the time each day, i would sit down and look up verses on fear and write them down. That way when i started getting fearful, i would go right to that paper and i would start reciting verses until i memorized them. So when fear started to come, nope, i'm not going to give into that because in Isaiah 41:10 it says, ''So do not fear for i am with you, do not be dismayed for i am your God I will strengthen you and help you, i will uphold you with my righteous right hand.''
    Then ask God to help you believe it, believe it with your heart and believe it in your mind.

    Im sorry if this is all jumbled! The twins went down for a nap and i'm trying to get it done quickly before they wake up and start to terrorize the house again hahaha
    Thnk you for taking time to reply. You didn't have to I know you have a lot on your plate.

  17. #17
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,237
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    376

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Yayyyyyyy....

    Quote Originally Posted by TrustingGod4life View Post
    I'm sorry for the late reply! But yes! I would love too I don't have one'


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Imagine Blue Ladybug and an orange kitty army!!


    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Discouraged

    I have never had one before, so how does it work we pray for each other on different things?

  19. #19
    Senior Member LightBright's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Posts
    366
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Quote Originally Posted by TrustingGod4life View Post
    I'm very frustrated with my walk with Christ.. I'm always thinking I should be way farther ahead. I'm getting discouraged because when I read certain scriptures I don't understand.... and I was told of you don't understand that means you aren't following Christ correctly ....... and then between trying to read the Word and chasing after my children is very hard. I want nothing more than to follow Christ understand and help others...I feel myself getting discouraged I know God doesn't give us a spirit of fear.. but hearing about North Korea and everything... just concerns me.... me and my husband pray... read the Word... but I'm feeling down and discouraged... like I can't get it right... or maybe I'm not Gods chosen... and he doesn't want to work with me anymore...excuse me if I sound absurd... just the way I am feeling... and I'm worried about the falling away... if anyone can give some encouragement or help me anyway. I will appreciate it..
    Well you're kinda right but it's different for everyone now we should never be ok with where we are spiritually so that's good you want to progress but we also need to know we won't all progress as fast as others some 100 fold some 60? And some 30 so don't get discouraged but you do need to notice that you're not where you wanna be the more you read the word the more understanding you'll get, you learn more and more so just get in the word more pray about God giving you wisdom to understand and do what he says in his word it's not hard it's just costly it takes time hours a day at times maybe try to get a bible reading plan like read through the whole thing at least once a year or something maybe more if you can just make goals to work for so you can get more disciplined
    TrustingGod4life likes this.
    God First God Bless
    "Seek first the kingdom of God and that other crap will totally come too" ~ Nate's International Version

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Discouraged

    Thank you! I will do so. Thank you for the advice I will sure it for sure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. im so discouraged...
    By needingthelight777 in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 21st, 2015, 05:08 PM
  2. Discouraged
    By Pepper in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: October 1st, 2013, 08:24 AM
  3. Discouraged
    By zeddie in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 19th, 2012, 12:08 AM
  4. sad discouraged
    By bugles in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: November 15th, 2011, 11:29 AM
  5. I'm so sad and discouraged..
    By sonofjay817 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 10th, 2009, 10:26 PM