Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By lizzie-marie
  • 1 Post By Demi777
  • 1 Post By Ugly
  • 2 Post By blue_ladybug
  • 2 Post By tourist
  • 2 Post By PennEd
  • 4 Post By Magenta
  • 1 Post By princessca

Christian Young Adults Forum

Young adults and silly people: post your topics here, and respond to others.

Thread: how much more can i take

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2018
    Age
    28
    Posts
    71
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    6

    Default how much more can i take

    cut it short, been in a relationship for 4 years, been lied to since day 1. finally thinking hes changing when something else comes out, I'm heart broken. I know I should leave him, but its so hard, I must say, I have never met anyone so selfish in my life. what would you do and how do you move on
    Magenta likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    18
    Posts
    5,199
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    166

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    id just take my stuff. leave, block his number and stuff everywhere, talk about it a lot and cry a lot.. thats how id do it..(know the feels)
    EmilyNats likes this.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  3. #3
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,707
    Rep Power
    213

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    If you've been suffering this long it really ends up being on you, not him. He showed his true colors. Over and over. You chose to stay, no matter how many times you were lied to.
    There's a differences between hopeful and optimistic and doing nothing wondering when it will stop.
    Why not stop wondering how much more you can take and do the right thing instead? At this point your suffering is your own fault.
    NotmebutHim likes this.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  4. #4
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,840
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    406

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    Here is your reply to another user here on a different thread. Take your own advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie-marie View Post
    there is only so long you can hang on for, don't waste your life away. good luck
    NotmebutHim and EmilyNats like this.



    Blue ladybug, fearless leader of the orange kitty battalion! She loves orange tabbies and is innocent as decreed by Pottersclay who states that Scripture says that all people who love orange tabbies are innocent. Truthtalk says that God created the world, and then He created wonderful orange tabbies. Joefizz has elected blue ladybug as captain of the brave orange kitty ​army!



    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    ​ Orange kitties approve



  5. #5
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,840
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    406

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    I would (and did) kick his ascot out to the curb and say bye bye bye... Then I would (and did) throw away or burn anything he ever gave me.


    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie-marie View Post
    cut it short, been in a relationship for 4 years, been lied to since day 1. finally thinking hes changing when something else comes out, I'm heart broken. I know I should leave him, but its so hard, I must say, I have never met anyone so selfish in my life. what would you do and how do you move on



    Blue ladybug, fearless leader of the orange kitty battalion! She loves orange tabbies and is innocent as decreed by Pottersclay who states that Scripture says that all people who love orange tabbies are innocent. Truthtalk says that God created the world, and then He created wonderful orange tabbies. Joefizz has elected blue ladybug as captain of the brave orange kitty ​army!



    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    ​ Orange kitties approve



  6. #6
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    18,957
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    398

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    Based on your post I am surmising that this relationship that your currently in is not marriage. Lying is extremely harmful in a relationship as it erodes any trust that there is and without trust there is no basis for a sound relationship. I am making another assumption and that there are no children involved either. You are still very young but are in a relationship that is eating you up inside. My advice is to cut your losses and move forward in your life without that anchor holding you down and tearing you up.
    NotmebutHim and EmilyNats like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  7. #7
    Senior Member PennEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2013
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,491
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    300

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie-marie View Post
    cut it short, been in a relationship for 4 years, been lied to since day 1. finally thinking hes changing when something else comes out, I'm heart broken. I know I should leave him, but its so hard, I must say, I have never met anyone so selfish in my life. what would you do and how do you move on
    I think you have a MUCH greater issue you should address while it is called today.

    Your profile says you are not a Christian, but getting closer. What if, God forbid, an accident should befall you before you were born again? The situation with your boyfriend would mean less than zilch.

    This is THE Gospel. Please pray on it and believe:

    God wrapped Himself in human flesh in the form of Jesus Christ. He was born of a virgin, conceived by the Holy Spirit. He suffered, was crucified. Died to pay the sin debt we owe. Was raised to life on the 3rd day according to the Scriptures.

    Confess Jesus as Lord, believe in your heart that He was raised from the dead, and you WILL be saved.

    Acts 26:28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, “You almost persuade me to become a Christian.”29 And Paul said, “I would to God that not only you, but also all who hear me ​TODAY, might become both almost and altogether such as I am, except for these chains.”


    Please don't be an "almost believer".
    tourist and NotmebutHim like this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,719
    Rep Power
    530

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie-marie View Post
    cut it short, been in a relationship for 4 years, been lied to since day 1. finally thinking hes changing when something else comes out, I'm heart broken. I know I should leave him, but its so hard, I must say, I have never met anyone so selfish in my life. what would you do and how do you move on
    Hello Lizzie-Marie. Four years of your short life is quite a good portion of it One seventh! Many of us understand how difficult it can be to let go of those in whom we have invested a lot of ourselves, and to whom we are emotionally attached. Walking away is not easy under any circumstances, but is necessary when you realize the things you have come to understand.

    I would suggest you stop placing your trust in this person who has betrayed you again and again. There is no point in prolonging your suffering by second guessing yourself, or thinking he is going to change for you. Find some good support groups in your community. There are plenty of them, depending on where you live. Surround yourself with people who have your best interests at heart, and who are working on their issues to the best of their ability. Perhaps a 12 step program would be beneficial to you. There are hundreds of them, all closely following a modification of the twelve steps as developed by Bill W. and Dr. Bob for alcoholics anonymous, originally borrowed from the evangelical Oxford group, which puts God front and center.

    I would suggest also that you read the literature of co-dependents anonymous.

    Signs of codependency include:

    Having difficulty making decisions in a relationship

    Having difficulty identifying your feelings

    Having difficulty communicating in a relationship

    Valuing the approval of others more than valuing yourself

    Lacking trust in yourself and having poor self-esteem

    Having fears of abandonment or an obsessive need for approval

    Having an unhealthy dependence on relationships, even at your own cost

    Having an exaggerated sense of responsibility for the actions of others


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2018
    Age
    28
    Posts
    71
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    Based on your post I am surmising that this relationship that your currently in is not marriage. Lying is extremely harmful in a relationship as it erodes any trust that there is and without trust there is no basis for a sound relationship. I am making another assumption and that there are no children involved either. You are still very young but are in a relationship that is eating you up inside. My advice is to cut your losses and move forward in your life without that anchor holding you down and tearing you up.
    no your right not married but engaged to be,and I have no children he has a son. you are all right I need to leave its just so hard, I hate being alone after all I have done, its just so hurtful and ungrateful

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2018
    Age
    28
    Posts
    71
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    I think you have a MUCH greater issue you should address while it is called today.

    Your profile says you are not a Christian, but getting closer. What if, God forbid, an accident should befall you before you were born again? The situation with your boyfriend would mean less than zilch.

    This is THE Gospel. Please pray on it and believe:

    God wrapped Himself in human flesh in the form of Jesus Christ. He was born of a virgin, conceived by the Holy Spirit. He suffered, was crucified. Died to pay the sin debt we owe. Was raised to life on the 3rd day according to the Scriptures.

    Confess Jesus as Lord, believe in your heart that He was raised from the dead, and you WILL be saved.

    Acts 26:28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, “You almost persuade me to become a Christian.”29 And Paul said, “I would to God that not only you, but also all who hear me ​TODAY, might become both almost and altogether such as I am, except for these chains.”


    Please don't be an "almost believer".
    I'm learning and I'm close to believe I want to understand it all first before I commit myself or come across something I might have to second guess. to me , my fiancé situation doesn't mean zilch, but I know where you are coming from, I'm useless with a broken heart .. I need to be healed to carry on what I have started, to lead and follow a Christian life

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2018
    Age
    28
    Posts
    71
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    I would (and did) kick his ascot out to the curb and say bye bye bye... Then I would (and did) throw away or burn anything he ever gave me.
    wish I was as strong as you

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2018
    Age
    28
    Posts
    71
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    If you've been suffering this long it really ends up being on you, not him. He showed his true colors. Over and over. You chose to stay, no matter how many times you were lied to.
    There's a differences between hopeful and optimistic and doing nothing wondering when it will stop.
    Why not stop wondering how much more you can take and do the right thing instead? At this point your suffering is your own fault.
    yes he has shown his true colours, many a time, I have no respect for myself, I never have when it has come to men, the fear of being alone takes over .. the type of boyfriends I have ever had were either drug takers, cheaters, and lies, but this one tops the bill with all the lies I have no idea on where to start

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2018
    Age
    28
    Posts
    71
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    Quote Originally Posted by Demi777 View Post
    id just take my stuff. leave, block his number and stuff everywhere, talk about it a lot and cry a lot.. thats how id do it..(know the feels)
    I would cry a lot your right, makes me useless

  14. #14
    Senior Member Lucy-Pevensie's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    Lizzie, is money and/or housing an issue? I mean can you afford your own place? Or do you have a place to go?
    Ezekiel 36
    *Then they will know that I am the Lord*




  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2018
    Age
    28
    Posts
    71
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-Pevensie View Post
    Lizzie, is money and/or housing an issue? I mean can you afford your own place? Or do you have a place to go?
    that is what is up in the air, I'm getting another place in a few weeks and I'm working out my money, and what I'm working out its very tight, very very tight, unfortunatly

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2017
    Age
    19
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: how much more can i take

    So I went through the same thing....dint know I was being lied to and manipulated for the 3 years I dated a guy. He finally showed his true colours when he left me for someone else and blamed me for not being good enough. Its been 5 months since and I can say ive grown so much closer to Jesus and experienced joy that ive never felt before. What I did, was constantly listen to sermons, pray and talk to God to grow my relationship with him...which I lacked during the relationship and finally, all my free time was spent listening to Christian music and really worshipping him.

    Advice I got from a sermon I watched...God takes away things that are not right for you that YOU brought into your own life. Although it hurts, its temporary pain. He is leading you back into his path which you went away from...so that in the future you will be soooo happy. Instead of ongoing pain due to a wrong decision, you are now going through temporary pain. Fellowship with him so that in the future, your decisions will reflect his plan for your life and there will be no pain but happiness and joy.
    EmilyNats likes this.