Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78

Christian Young Adults Forum

Young adults and silly people: post your topics here, and respond to others.

Thread: Abortion

  1. #1
    Brandon777
    Guest

    Default Abortion

    Abortion is the easy, heartless way out from changing one's lifestyle for most people getting one. Sadly, many women are pressured into it by family members or boyfriends. Is it morally correct to outlaw it? Yes, of course! Life is the number one right that any person can have as a citizen of under a government. In my opinion a child should be considered a citizen at conception.

    Let me say that it is 100% false that the embryo is apart of the woman's body. Yes it is dependent and attached, but it has separate DNA and thus is a separate human being with a separate set of cells. It doesn't take a genius to know that a person that starts out small is still a person.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Abortion

    I disagree that it is acceptable or right to out law abortion, yes it is a tragic thing and no it shouldn't be used as birth control, but it should be between the man and woman who are having (or not having) the baby. Why does everyone always concentrate on the babies rights, when does the mother who will have to carry the child rights begin and end?

  3. #3
    Phoenix
    Guest

    Default Re: Abortion

    Psalms 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

    Luke 17:2
    It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.


    YES abortion is Murder!!! It is a selfsih act on the part of the woman! The man might have say in it but ultimately it is her who walks int o the clinic. No a decison of life or death should not be left up to a man and woman! The inccocent has no say in the matter! Abortion is another attempt by satan to make man feel he is almighty to God! MAYBE if you didn't have sex to begin with and waited for marriage..... like the BIBLE states you wouldn't have the need or want for such drastic services! The Bible is a guideline. if we obey it look at how much heartache would be avoided!!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Psalms 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

    Luke 17:2
    It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.


    YES abortion is Murder!!! It is a selfsih act on the part of the woman! The man might have say in it but ultimately it is her who walks int o the clinic. No a decison of life or death should not be left up to a man and woman! The inccocent has no say in the matter! Abortion is another attempt by satan to make man feel he is almighty to God! MAYBE if you didn't have sex to begin with and waited for marriage..... like the BIBLE states you wouldn't have the need or want for such drastic services! The Bible is a guideline. if we obey it look at how much heartache would be avoided!!
    The bible may be a Christian's guidelines, but not everybody is a Christian, a law should not be put into effect based on religious beliefs. Also, I've never known someone who felt almighty after having an abortion, it is a sad and hard decision to make.
    I also feel if abortions are outlawed that would just cause more back alley abortions, and be further risk to women's health.
    If you don't want abortion, don't have one.

  5. #5
    jimmydiggs
    Guest

    Default Re: Abortion

    The more I study and learn, the more I become convinced that we as humans have no rights. What about the mothers rights? What about the baby's rights?


    Where do these rights come from? Can you find this in the bible?


    Abortion is wrong because it is a sin, committed against God.(as all sin is) It's not a sin because of some notion of rights violation.


    , a law should not be put into effect based on religious beliefs.
    You'll need to back that up with scripture.

    I myself, don't demand that the law change. If it would, hey, that's great.

  6. #6
    Siberian_Khatru
    Guest

    Default Re: Abortion

    While I disagree with the act, the ability to choose is important. Let people make their mistakes and be judged in the eyes of the Lord, rather than restrict our freewill.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankensteinGirls View Post
    a law should not be put into effect based on religious beliefs.
    Where do you think the concept of law originated from? Murder is a crime before man because it is a crime before God. People forget this.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,417
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydiggs View Post
    The more I study and learn, the more I become convinced that we as humans have no rights.
    Amen, the notion of right is largely based on abstraction.

    People have a natural dignity bestowed upon them by being created in the Lord's image, but the term "right" is so completely overused that it has become an ambiguous way of defending oneself or attacking others in discussions like these.

    Human life is sacred as is the family unit. If we legally allow routine murder within a family the consequences will be dire in the long-term.

    As a side note, I always thought that abortion, if legalized, would make more sense after age ten. "Sorry, you had your chance."

  8. #8
    Brandon777
    Guest

    Smile Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankensteinGirls View Post
    I disagree that it is acceptable or right to out law abortion, yes it is a tragic thing and no it shouldn't be used as birth control, but it should be between the man and woman who are having (or not having) the baby. Why does everyone always concentrate on the babies rights, when does the mother who will have to carry the child rights begin and end?
    It is the duty of a mother to be a mother to her child. The law should recognize that the child's right's superceed the inconvenience of care giving, which according to my mother and in my opinion, isn't that difficult. Care giving shouldn't be considered an inconvenience anyway...

  9. #9
    Brandon777
    Guest

    Default Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankensteinGirls View Post
    "a law should not be put into effect based on religious beliefs." Also, I've never known someone who felt almighty after having an abortion, it is a sad and hard decision to make.
    I also feel if abortions are outlawed that would just cause more back alley abortions, and be further risk to women's health.
    If you don't want abortion, don't have one.
    Then you're against the Israelities of the Old Testament. All there governing laws were religious from God. If it were outlawed, there would likely be more back alley abortions, but hello! There would also be a ton less abortions! If your so much for women's health why don't you start where all women begin? In the womb.

  10. #10
    Brandon777
    Guest

    Smile Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian_Khatru View Post
    While I disagree with the act, the ability to choose is important. Let people make their mistakes and be judged in the eyes of the Lord, rather than restrict our freewill. .
    Is making a law against drinking and driving restricting our freewill? yes... and I'm glad for it.

  11. #11
    Brandon777
    Guest

    Default Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Psalms 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

    Luke 17:2
    It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.


    YES abortion is Murder!!! It is a selfsih act on the part of the woman! The man might have say in it but ultimately it is her who walks int o the clinic. No a decison of life or death should not be left up to a man and woman! The inccocent has no say in the matter! Abortion is another attempt by satan to make man feel he is almighty to God! MAYBE if you didn't have sex to begin with and waited for marriage..... like the BIBLE states you wouldn't have the need or want for such drastic services! The Bible is a guideline. if we obey it look at how much heartache would be avoided!!
    Yes! We need to speak up for the unheard cries of abortion victims! It's funny, the people who are pro-choice all seem to be born.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

  13. #13
    Senior Member LightningClap0002's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,370
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by grimgowers View Post
    GG, I dare say that you want to start a war.

  14. #14
    jimmydiggs
    Guest

    Default Re: Abortion


  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Abortion

    I feel like abortion is wrong, because an innocent unborn baby loses his or her life, but there are exceptions where abortion is a necessary evil. In cases of rape or incest, a young girl getting pregnant at too young an age, like a pre-teen, the birth putting the mother's life in danger, (like if she is too young, girl should not have had sex in the first place, parents should teach their kids to behave and respect themselves and God's laws of purity, teach them abstinence, to wait for marriage.) The mother is guilty of the sin of having sex outside of marriage (fornication) or if she was raped it is not her fault.


    What if it is a married couple and they are afraid of having a severely deformed, diseased water-head baby that wil only live a few hours? if the baby will be severely messed up and deformed mentally challenged handicapped retarded diseased, perhaps it's better not to be born. I'm not saying all handicapped people should be aborted, there are a lot of handicapped people that when god shuts one door he opens another door, they have great talents and postive attiude to make up for what they lack and can do great things despite, or maybe because of their handicap. THere is a man born with no eyes and he can't walk in a wheel chair he plays trumpet and is in a marching band his father pushes him in his wheelchair. He plays awesome music on the trumpet or trombone.

    I am mentally ill myself and i had a lot of difficulty at birth, was a premie baby. I am an artist, i draw and paint and do some writing.


    Sometimes there are people born without arms or legs. Or they are born as conjoined twins. There are babies born to drug addicted mothers and alcoholic mothers, born addicted. I think they should find these women and sterilize them. They don't desrve to have children.

    I think there's nothing wrong with having an abortion in special cases like these. Rape, incest, which usually is one family memeber raping or seducing another family memeber, the mother's life in danger, deformed messed up water head babies or babies that will die anyway a few hours or days after birth, well that's it. It's just common sense. God is merciful and he forgives. Women who have abortions have a difficult life-changing heart breaking decision to make, and they bear guilt and shame for the rest of their lives.


    I think it's also a sin to have too many children. It may have been ok in past generations, but this is the year 2011. Modern day parents should really limit how many kids they have, for the sake of qulaity of living, for the Earth, environment having enough food and resources to go around. 4 kids should be the limit for todays families. I don't understand why a family would want 8 or 10 kids. The world is dangerously overpopulated with human beings. We are running out of space. The animals habitats and wild places are being rapidly destroyed. SO many animals are endangered and many are going extinct. It's because they do not have enough natural habitat in their ecosystem, because humans are taking over.


    In Florida it is especially bad the way consturction destroys wild places. What is worse is sometimes they build strip malls and shops, but then they are left empty and no ones takes up buisnesses in them. There are newly built houses with no one in them, they remain empty, sometimes homeless people move in, but when the police find out, they run them off.

  16. #16
    Siberian_Khatru
    Guest

    Default Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon777 View Post
    Is making a law against drinking and driving restricting our freewill? yes... and I'm glad for it.
    Fair enough. This would be more valid if people actually obeyed.

  17. #17
    Brandon777
    Guest

    Exclamation Re: Abortion

    seraphprincess: I feel like abortion is wrong, because an innocent unborn baby loses his or her life, but there are exceptions where abortion is a necessary evil. In cases of rape or incest, a young girl getting pregnant at too young an age, like a pre-teen, the birth putting the mother's life in danger, (like if she is too young, girl should not have had sex in the first place, parents should teach their kids to behave and respect themselves and God's laws of purity, teach them abstinence, to wait for marriage.) The mother is guilty of the sin of having sex outside of marriage (fornication) or if she was raped it is not her fault.

    How is this evil ever necessary? Are you suggesting that taking the life of her unborn child will heal the hurt of the rape or incest? The problem here is that your referring to child birth and rearing as if it's a problem and as if the conception itself is a bad thing when clearly Scripture teaches that each baby is a blessing of Yahweh. Pslam 127:3-5 "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate." If the mother's life is in danger she should still have to go through with the birth if there is a high likelihood that the baby will live because the baby has longer to live.

    What if it is a married couple and they are afraid of having a severely deformed, diseased water-head baby that wil only live a few hours?

    That type of fear should never determine our actions. The Bible says fear not, but have faith and hope.

    if the baby will be severely messed up and deformed mentally challenged handicapped retarded diseased, perhaps it's better not to be born.

    That's the type of thing depressed or suicidal people say. Job said that he should never have been born to God while he was whining to him for his miserable life and what did we learn from that story? God made things the way they were for a reason and all things work together for good to those that love Him.

    I'm not saying all handicapped people should be aborted, there are a lot of handicapped people that when god shuts one door he opens another door, they have great talents and postive attiude to make up for what they lack and can do great things despite, or maybe because of their handicap. THere is a man born with no eyes and he can't walk in a wheel chair he plays trumpet and is in a marching band his father pushes him in his wheelchair. He plays awesome music on the trumpet or trombone.

    I am mentally ill myself and i had a lot of difficulty at birth, was a premie baby. I am an artist, i draw and paint and do some writing.


    Sometimes there are people born without arms or legs. Or they are born as conjoined twins. There are babies born to drug addicted mothers and alcoholic mothers, born addicted. I think they should find these women and sterilize them. They don't desrve to have children.

    Please realize how hateful what your suggesting is. According to the Bible none of us deserve to have children, or any of the good things God gives us. What we deserve is to spend eternity in hell. I hope and pray you believe that.You won't find any nuns sterilizing people. That's because they love God and so they understand that unconditional love means loving people that are unlovable. Which turns out to be everyone at some point.

    I think there's nothing wrong with having an abortion in special cases like these. Rape, incest, which usually is one family memeber raping or seducing another family memeber, the mother's life in danger, deformed messed up water head babies or babies that will die anyway a few hours or days after birth, well that's it. It's just common sense. God is merciful and he forgives. Women who have abortions have a difficult life-changing heart breaking decision to make, and they bear guilt and shame for the rest of their lives.

    I should say the obvious here and state that having their baby rather than aborting will avoid the guilt and shame for the rest of their lives. It's interesting that many mothers that go through with there pregnancies grow much fonder of their children then they expected and women are much more likey to say no to abortion after seeing a sonogram of that cute little innocent thing living inside them.

    I think it's also a sin to have too many children.

    This verse is in stark contrast to what you are saying. Please read the Bible before making a belief like that. Psalm 127: 3-5 "Behold, children are a heritage from Yahweh, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."

    It may have been ok in past generations, but this is the year 2011.

    Children are not bad. What your saying is very hateful towards yourself and the rest of humanity.

    Modern day parents should really limit how many kids they have, for the sake of qulaity of living, for the Earth, environment having enough food and resources to go around.

    It's a lie of rich people that overpopulation exists! Believe me I took college level environmental science and was top of my class! The resources are abundant, including everything that is needed for life, water, food, space etc...

    4 kids should be the limit for todays families. I don't understand why a family would want 8 or 10 kids. The world is dangerously overpopulated with human beings. We are running out of space. The animals habitats and wild places are being rapidly destroyed.

    That's not because we're running out of space, that's because people like to go to remote places for luxury.

    SO many animals are endangered and many are going extinct.

    That's because of pollution, overhunting, and habitat destruction like you said.

    It's because they do not have enough natural habitat in their ecosystem, because humans are taking over.


    In Florida it is especially bad the way consturction destroys wild places. What is worse is sometimes they build strip malls and shops, but then they are left empty and no ones takes up buisnesses in them. There are newly built houses with no one in them, they remain empty, sometimes homeless people move in, but when the police find out, they run them off.

  18. #18
    LK22
    Guest

    Default Re: Abortion

    Abortion is wrong in many ways....I didnt read through all the posts but I just wanted to put my opinion down too, not only is it murder because life DOES begin at conception, which is a scientific fact, also the mother is being selfish just because it would inconvenicne her or she cares too much about what ppl think. If you dont want the baby there a PLENTY of ppl out there that cannot have children that would love to adopt your child. Another reason is because in a sense you end up playing God because your choosing when and how this life will end.

    Sorry if Im late on this but I just joined today

  19. #19
    Senior Member jamie26301's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,153
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by LK22 View Post
    Abortion is wrong in many ways....I didnt read through all the posts but I just wanted to put my opinion down too, not only is it murder because life DOES begin at conception, which is a scientific fact, also the mother is being selfish just because it would inconvenicne her or she cares too much about what ppl think. If you dont want the baby there a PLENTY of ppl out there that cannot have children that would love to adopt your child. Another reason is because in a sense you end up playing God because your choosing when and how this life will end.

    Sorry if Im late on this but I just joined today

    Plenty of people up for adopting huh? Why, pray tell, are there so many children in foster care? I stated this on another thread. Most people who want to adopt only want babies. They overlook the older children. If your child gets older before getting adopted, she/he will likely never get adopted.

    I'm not pro-choice, but saying that everyone wants children is not true.

    Edit: Plus adopting a child is a strennous task.
    A young girl [said to me], "Father Anthony, you must be appallingly evil."
    "I am certainly evil, but how do you know that?"
    "Because you have described our sins so well that you must have committed them all yourself!"
    -Archbishop Anthony Bloom
    He who denies to another this right [to his own opinion], makes a slave of himself to his present opinion, because he precludes himself the right of changing it.
    -Thomas Paine
    Consider carefully what you hear...
    -Jesus, according to Mark 4:24


  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Abortion

    Sadly your post is true, people want to adopt babies, before they are mentally "damaged"..

    and then we've got all these americans going to russian and other places to adopt babies...we have children here who need homes..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Christianity and Abortion
    By Amarok in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: October 26th, 2011, 04:02 AM
  2. FYI, Dangers of RU - 486 abortion pill
    By aussigirl in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: May 24th, 2011, 08:59 AM
  3. Invitation to spiritually adopt an unborn baby in danger of abortion!
    By ChaoticStillness in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2011, 03:18 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2011, 03:46 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 1st, 2011, 03:34 AM