Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Seohce
  • 2 Post By Ugly
  • 1 Post By Utah
  • 3 Post By Ugly
  • 1 Post By maxwel

Filipino Christian Forum

From the Philippines, or interested in the Philippines, and born again (or want to be)? Join our Filipino Christian fellowship!

Thread: GREED

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2016
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Default GREED

    GREED IN THE CHURCH-
    Just as Judas Iscariot betrayed Our Lord Jesus because of GREED,(Mat26:14-15) we ought to know now who are the one's who betrays our Lord Jesus today. 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve." Many so-called Christian churrches today are being corrupted by the erroneous & deceitful teachings or doctrines of their church leaders. In 2 Peter 2:1-3,18-22 (False Teachers and Their Destruction)” But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. MANY WILL FOLLOW their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping. For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by APPEALING to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they ENTICE people who are just escaping from those who live in error. THEY PROMISE THEM FREEDOM, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and OVERCOME, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud “/The apostle John wrote in 1 John 4:1,5-6( Test the Spirits) Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.” These false teachers promises wealth, prosperity & abundance which are now the very obvious things they & most of their members and followers seek instead of God and His righteousness(mat6:33) They have twisted God’s words for their own personal gain or profit but Apostle Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 2:17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God.” while the Apostle Luke wrote what the Lord Jesus said in Luke 12:15, Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of GREED; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” Apparently, most of the churches today have been focussing on the topic of GIVING & PROSPERITY in their worship services,correlating each other with the BLESSING that was promised in the book of Malachi 3:10 which they even claim to be, A TESTER OF ONE’S FAITH. That if one faithfully & regularly GIVES his TITHE to the Lord, God will give it back to him pressed down,shaken together and running over.(Luke6:38) That if a Christian do not prosper or remains to be poor in spite of being a long time Christian, then something must be wrong with that person (while quoting from Jer29:11) These teachings only PROMOTES GREED and the love of money among themselves by twisting the truthfulness of the Gospel as it is written in 1 Timothy 6:6-10 But godliness with CONTENTMENT is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who WANT TO GET RICH fall into TEMPTATION and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the LOVE OF MONEY is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have WANDERED FROM THE FAITH and pierced themselves with many griefs.” And in verse 18 “Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant NOT TO PUT THEIR HOPE IN WEALTH, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who RICHLY PROVIDES US with everything for our enjoyment.”while in Matthew 5:3-12 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.” Luke 6:24-26 “BUT WOE TO YOU WHO ARE RICH, for you have already received your comfort. Woe to you who are well fed now, for you will go hungry. Woe to you who laugh now, for you will mourn and weep. Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for that is how their fathers treated the false prophets.” And in 2 Corinthians 8:9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might BECOME RICH.“ 1 Timothy 6:18-19 Command them to do good, to be RICH IN GOOD DEEDS, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life..(1Pet2:20-21) But if you SUFFER FOR DOING GOOD and you endure it, this is commendable before God. To this YOU WERE CALLED, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should FOLLOW IN HIS STEPS.” Therefore," keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”(heb13:5)
    Doxology: Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! “Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?” “WHO HAS EVER GIVEN TO GOD THAT GOD SHOULD REPAY HIM?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.(rom11:33-36)
    followjesus likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2011
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,541
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: GREED

    If you're going to write really long posts don't forget to use paragraphs. This 'wall of text' turns a lot of people away.
    Utah and Ultimatum77 like this.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,650
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: GREED

    Not some people if good sense is there i prefer more words

  4. #4
    Senior Member Utah's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    8,657
    Rep Power
    128

    Default Re: GREED

    Quote Originally Posted by followjesus View Post
    Not some people if good sense is there i prefer more words
    More words are fine but paragraphs help is what Ugly is saying.
    Ultimatum77 likes this.
    Fear not, little flock, for it is God's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,650
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: GREED

    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    GREED IN THE CHURCH-
    Just as Judas Iscariot betrayed Our Lord Jesus because of GREED,(Mat26:14-15) we ought to know now who are the one's who betrays our Lord Jesus today. 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve." Many so-called Christian churrches today are being corrupted by the erroneous & deceitful teachings or doctrines of their church leaders. In 2 Peter 2:1-3,18-22 (False Teachers and Their Destruction)” But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. MANY WILL FOLLOW their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping. For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by APPEALING to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they ENTICE people who are just escaping from those who live in error. THEY PROMISE THEM FREEDOM, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and OVERCOME, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud “/The apostle John wrote in 1 John 4:1,5-6( Test the Spirits) Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.” These false teachers promises wealth, prosperity & abundance which are now the very obvious things they & most of their members and followers seek instead of God and His righteousness(mat6:33) They have twisted God’s words for their own personal gain or profit but Apostle Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 2:17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God.” while the Apostle Luke wrote what the Lord Jesus said in Luke 12:15, Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of GREED; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” Apparently, most of the churches today have been focussing on the topic of GIVING & PROSPERITY in their worship services,correlating each other with the BLESSING that was promised in the book of Malachi 3:10 which they even claim to be, A TESTER OF ONE’S FAITH. That if one faithfully & regularly GIVES his TITHE to the Lord, God will give it back to him pressed down,shaken together and running over.(Luke6:38) That if a Christian do not prosper or remains to be poor in spite of being a long time Christian, then something must be wrong with that person (while quoting from Jer29:11) These teachings only PROMOTES GREED and the love of money among themselves by twisting the truthfulness of the Gospel as it is written in 1 Timothy 6:6-10 But godliness with CONTENTMENT is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who WANT TO GET RICH fall into TEMPTATION and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the LOVE OF MONEY is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have WANDERED FROM THE FAITH and pierced themselves with many griefs.” And in verse 18 “Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant NOT TO PUT THEIR HOPE IN WEALTH, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who RICHLY PROVIDES US with everything for our enjoyment.”while in Matthew 5:3-12 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.” Luke 6:24-26 “BUT WOE TO YOU WHO ARE RICH, for you have already received your comfort. Woe to you who are well fed now, for you will go hungry. Woe to you who laugh now, for you will mourn and weep. Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for that is how their fathers treated the false prophets.” And in 2 Corinthians 8:9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might BECOME RICH.“ 1 Timothy 6:18-19 Command them to do good, to be RICH IN GOOD DEEDS, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life..(1Pet2:20-21) But if you SUFFER FOR DOING GOOD and you endure it, this is commendable before God. To this YOU WERE CALLED, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should FOLLOW IN HIS STEPS.” Therefore," keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”(heb13:5)
    Doxology: Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! “Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?” “WHO HAS EVER GIVEN TO GOD THAT GOD SHOULD REPAY HIM?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.(rom11:33-36)
    Good stuff in there, i think that Greed is one of the most destructive and enticing things leading people away, in the church and outside of the believers. Money and all that man values so highly in this world, is detestable to God because it seeps into hearts, offers false security, blinds us to our daily need for Gods provision, leads into bad habits, there are so many paths available to those who obtain money, so much temptation comes with it and just a general observation the more we aquire and realize it makes life here so much easier, the more we crave that security rather than Gods

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2011
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,541
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: GREED

    I said nothing about the amount of words. I said formatting it so it's more easily readable.
    And many people do turn away, not because it's long, but because a 'wall of text' is difficult for many to read. What good is having solid content if it's put together in such a way that people won't even try to read it because it is hard on their eyes? Or hard to keep track of your place? Or makes peoples eyes blur or go crossed? It's a common complaint here.

    I made two short sentences that were to the point and simple, yet you managed to completely misread them.
    Mooky, Ultimatum77 and Desertsrose like this.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  7. #7
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,124
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: GREED

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    I said nothing about the amount of words. I said formatting it so it's more easily readable.
    And many people do turn away, not because it's long, but because a 'wall of text' is difficult for many to read. What good is having solid content if it's put together in such a way that people won't even try to read it because it is hard on their eyes? Or hard to keep track of your place? Or makes peoples eyes blur or go crossed? It's a common complaint here.

    I made two short sentences that were to the point and simple, yet you managed to completely misread them.
    LOL.

    When I do long posts, I break them into TONS of tiny paragraphs, with numbers and headers and different colors... and people STILL don't read them.


    Seohce,
    Your post was good.
    Please continue to post more.
    But breaking things into little paragraphs really does help the reader.

    Ultimatum77 likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    49,470
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    197

    Default Re: GREED

    Yes, paragraphs are definitely useful when a reply is as long as this OP's..





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    LOL.. I'll use that defense the next time I get accused of something.. lol


    To read my cancer, depression, physical pain & suicide testimonies, go to the blog tab in my profile.






  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2016
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GREED

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    If you're going to write really long posts don't forget to use paragraphs. This 'wall of text' turns a lot of people away.
    I really appreciate your comment. I did notice it too. I'll apply it on my next post. Thanks & God bless po.

Similar Threads

  1. Greed
    By persontalkto in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 9th, 2016, 12:16 PM
  2. Is it capitalism or is it greed?
    By RickyZ in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 25th, 2016, 03:43 PM
  3. Greed is a seed
    By PrincessK in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 11th, 2015, 01:12 PM
  4. Corporate Greed in the US
    By Billyd in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: March 3rd, 2015, 09:07 AM
  5. Greed
    By rainy2day in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 21st, 2011, 04:27 PM