Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By willfollowsGod
  • 1 Post By fredoheaven
  • 2 Post By fredoheaven

Filipino Christian Forum

From the Philippines, or interested in the Philippines, and born again (or want to be)? Join our Filipino Christian fellowship!

Thread: C. H. Spurgeon?

  1. #1
    Senior Member LClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2012
    Age
    67
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    6

    Default C. H. Spurgeon?

    Is Charles Spurgeon, the famous 19th Century preacher, popular in the Philippines? His daily devotional, Morning and Evening, is a best seller in the U.S. And many Christians post quotes from him, daily. He was a wonderful, faithful preacher. But here are some quotes that you will probably never see on American forums because he speaks truthfully about Christians and war. https://spurgeonwarquotes.wordpress.com/
    ..now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light,... and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
    Ephesians 5


    WELCOME to http://textsincontext.wordpress.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member willfollowsGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: C. H. Spurgeon?

    How about instead of attacking Christians who believe differently about war, this be discussed in the Bible study forum or some other forum? Also, please do not advertise your blog site here. I disagree with Spurgeon's views on war because there is a such a thing as a just war. God especially used Israel as an instrument of this in the Old Testament. I don't see a problem supporting the United States in their war on Islamic terrorism and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ at the same time with love, gentleness, and respect. Sorry C.H. Spurgeon I disagree with you, as for Duterte that man needs to go. I am not Filipino. God bless.
    Last edited by willfollowsGod; March 11th, 2017 at 05:30 PM.
    blue_ladybug likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member fredoheaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2015
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,598
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: C. H. Spurgeon?

    Quote Originally Posted by LClark View Post
    Is Charles Spurgeon, the famous 19th Century preacher, popular in the Philippines? His daily devotional, Morning and Evening, is a best seller in the U.S. And many Christians post quotes from him, daily. He was a wonderful, faithful preacher. But here are some quotes that you will probably never see on American forums because he speaks truthfully about Christians and war. https://spurgeonwarquotes.wordpress.com/
    Charles Spurgeon was popular to the Baptists only here in the Philippines but don't know his stand about war...

    God bless
    willfollowsGod likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member fredoheaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2015
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,598
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: C. H. Spurgeon?

    Quote Originally Posted by willfollowsGod View Post
    Sorry C.H. Spurgeon I disagree with you, as for Duterte that man needs to go. I am not Filipino. God bless.
    That's politics. As for Duterte, Filipinos voted for him. As for a Christian, we should know our responsibility to the Kings or rulers...
    willfollowsGod and Demi777 like this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member willfollowsGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: C. H. Spurgeon?

    Quote Originally Posted by fredoheaven View Post
    That's politics. As for Duterte, Filipinos voted for him. As for a Christian, we should know our responsibility to the Kings or rulers...
    I did not know that Filipinos voted for him (though I don't like him making deals with radical Islamic extremists like the Moro National Liberation Front and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front as well as others in the Philippines). As for a Christian, I know to pray for those who are in authority but I also want dictators to go down especially ones that execute drug lords instead of rehab for them and those who are one those drugs. At first I liked the man, but now he sounds really bad. That issue of drug rehabilitation vs. execution of drug lords divides a lot of Christians and you will hear various perspectives on that. God bless.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: C. H. Spurgeon?

    I didnt read his post as aggressive or attacking. Its good to question ones beliefs and see how they line up with Gods word.

  7. #7
    Senior Member fredoheaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2015
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,598
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: C. H. Spurgeon?

    Quote Originally Posted by willfollowsGod View Post
    I did not know that Filipinos voted for him (though I don't like him making deals with radical Islamic extremists like the Moro National Liberation Front and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front as well as others in the Philippines). As for a Christian, I know to pray for those who are in authority but I also want dictators to go down especially ones that execute drug lords instead of rehab for them and those who are one those drugs. At first I liked the man, but now he sounds really bad. That issue of drug rehabilitation vs. execution of drug lords divides a lot of Christians and you will hear various perspectives on that. God bless.
    Okay but with due respect and propriety wise, Filipinos don't call him dictator. I see, the war on drugs is getting your attention. That is his mandate. He is against drugs and drug lords which I think, is just the same dealings with the Islamic extremist.

    God bless

  8. #8
    Senior Member willfollowsGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: C. H. Spurgeon?

    Quote Originally Posted by fredoheaven View Post
    Okay but with due respect and propriety wise, Filipinos don't call him dictator. I see, the war on drugs is getting your attention. That is his mandate. He is against drugs and drug lords which I think, is just the same dealings with the Islamic extremist.

    God bless
    I don't care if some Filipinos don't call him a dictator but executing drug lords instead of just imprisoning them or getting drug rehab for those they have dealt with, is questionable. He has done deals with Islamic terrorists, the Christians in Mindanao fear for their lives.

  9. #9
    Senior Member willfollowsGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: C. H. Spurgeon?

    Quote Originally Posted by thisgirl View Post
    I didnt read his post as aggressive or attacking. Its good to question ones beliefs and see how they line up with Gods word.
    I don't see how my beliefs don't line up with God's word and the way it was set up it looked like he was being aggressive and attacking. Also, it is against site rules to advertise one's own set even with links posted. God bless.

  10. #10
    Senior Member fredoheaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2015
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,598
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: C. H. Spurgeon?

    Quote Originally Posted by willfollowsGod View Post
    I don't care if some Filipinos don't call him a dictator but executing drug lords instead of just imprisoning them or getting drug rehab for those they have dealt with, is questionable. He has done deals with Islamic terrorists, the Christians in Mindanao fear for their lives.
    I think, you really don't know what's happening here in the Philippines, you don't care that's it. But anyway, the topic seems going nowhere in the OP. I hope you understand.

    Thanks

  11. #11
    Senior Member willfollowsGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: C. H. Spurgeon?

    Quote Originally Posted by fredoheaven View Post
    I think, you really don't know what's happening here in the Philippines, you don't care that's it. But anyway, the topic seems going nowhere in the OP. I hope you understand.

    Thanks
    First of all, I know there is a drug problem, otherwise why would there be an execution of a lot of drug lords as well as trying to find the corruption in the government? But I do not like a leader like Duterte making deals with the Islamic terrorist group Moro Islamic Liberation Front as well as the Moro National Liberation Front, who are located on the island of Mindanao. Also, I believe depending on the individual and the crimes they have committed, execution or drug rehabilitation, but don't apply the sword when it does not need to applied. Since some drug lords can change and accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and sovereign Lord. Otherwise, the sword can be applied in certain circumstances. My concern has to do with the rise of a similar type of leader in Venezuela, named Hugo Chavez and now his successor Nicolas Maduro (taking the reigns after the death of the former dictator). That is why Duterte bothers me, that is all. He used to not, until I heard about the executions, then I got concerned. God bless you.

  12. #12
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,219
    Rep Power
    119

    Default Re: C. H. Spurgeon?

    Quote Originally Posted by willfollowsGod View Post
    I did not know that Filipinos voted for him (though I don't like him making deals with radical Islamic extremists like the Moro National Liberation Front and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front as well as others in the Philippines). As for a Christian, I know to pray for those who are in authority but I also want dictators to go down especially ones that execute drug lords instead of rehab for them and those who are one those drugs. At first I liked the man, but now he sounds really bad. That issue of drug rehabilitation vs. execution of drug lords divides a lot of Christians and you will hear various perspectives on that. God bless.


    If you start by admitting you know NOTHING about Filipino elections or politics...

    it doesn't give you much credibility when you jump in later like you have opinions on everything.




    Your first post here pretty much disqualifies your opinions from being taken seriously.

    For real.

    Furthermore, Duterte won in a landslide... which means NOBODY is going to listen to your opinion anyway.



    That's just the breaks.

Similar Threads

  1. The Heart of the Gospel by Spurgeon
    By Ariel82 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 17th, 2017, 11:29 PM
  2. The Power In Prayer (Spurgeon)
    By WarriorForChrist in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 21st, 2016, 10:56 PM
  3. What is Spurgeon talking about?
    By atwhatcost in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: October 21st, 2015, 10:52 AM
  4. Film on C.H. Spurgeon
    By jimmydiggs in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: January 13th, 2012, 08:18 AM
  5. do you like Spurgeon preaching?
    By AnandaHya in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: August 17th, 2011, 02:29 PM