Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By WUKONG
  • 1 Post By blessedjohn80
  • 2 Post By Blain
  • 1 Post By WUKONG
  • 2 Post By G00WZ
  • 2 Post By WineRose
  • 3 Post By blessedjohn80

Filipino Christian Forum

From the Philippines, or interested in the Philippines, and born again (or want to be)? Join our Filipino Christian fellowship!

Thread: Are You Prepared to Defend Your Faith?

  1. #1
    Member WUKONG's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2017
    Age
    23
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Are You Prepared to Defend Your Faith?

    Churches have always taught us about God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. They have taught us the basics of Christianity and what salvation and other info about the Bible. But have you ever gone far beyond the regular teachings? Have you studied? Have you moved on from simply listening to looking at further information about our God, about His story?

    The ultimate question lies: Can you defend the hope that is in you? Can you defend God? Can you defend your belief?

    Let's do a trial.

    You are a Christian. You believe in God and believe that Jesus died on the cross for us, carried our sins and rose on the third day, we are saved. Then you encounter someone who wants to know Christ, but just can't believe because of his or her skeptic and curious mind and personality. Or even an atheist who wants to disprove you.

    Then he asks:
    What is the proof that there is a God?
    Is Jesus real? Any literary and archaeological evidences?
    If there is a God why is there evil?

    Could you answer those questions?
    Are you equipped with the armor of God? If yes, then are you equipped with the right knowledge?
    Can---you---defend---your---faith and hope? (as mentioned in 1 Peter 3:15)

    I see many Christians have their faith destroyed so easily by those questions. And out of my care for you and everyone, I wish you will be strong in faith and never lose your stand through being equipped with the true knowledge of our powerful God.

    Any questions, feel free to ask.

    God bless you.

    Your loving monkey neighbor.
    Taro likes this.
    Wukong here, a bondservant of Christ, a sidewalk apostle.

    Galatians 5:22-23
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

  2. #2
    Senior Member blessedjohn80's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2016
    Age
    36
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Are You Prepared to Defend Your Faith?

    Knowing who my Lord Jesus is, I personally don't worry about defending my faith. Also, I certainly don't think I need to defend God, God defends me/us not the other way around. Defend my faith? I don't like to think of it that way, I'd rather share my faith than defend it. Usually those who take a shot at your faith just really wants to argue with you or irritate you. Basically, they're the ones sharing their faith to you and have already made up their mind about God and Jesus so it would probably be best to just be aware not to be swayed into their belief.

    But whenever I do encounter someone who really wants to know who Christ is then I would gladly share them who Jesus is. I'd start sharing who He is in my life then share who He is in the bible. As for those who come just to disprove you, just so they could disprove you, what I think you should do for them is to give them a summary of your faith in a few words and stop there. Any words after that would be pointless. It'll just be a battle of faith between you and an atheist. Just end the conversation in a good manner and pray for them in spirit.

    I do hear about Christians who lose their faith after facing questions like these and it's really sad but it's not the end for them, I'm sure. God is timeless and Jesus our Lord will always lead us to Himself. So, let's not lose hope as well when we hear these things happen because, in the end, their faith is their faith and ours is ours.

    Anyway, looking at the questions I think I have a few good answers to them that I'd like to share, as well as some thoughts on what I think about the questions themselves and the people behind them.

    "What is the proof that there is a God?"
    --Everything in nature is proof that there is God. From the complexities of our seemingly infinite universe down to the smallest of matter is just too much to deny the existence of a supreme being. Also, because everything in reality follows some form of law, known or unknown, proves that a higher being exists that created these laws. Laws and information are things that just cannot emerge from nothing. It's really funny because believing that there is no God takes just as much faith in believing that there is, probably even more.

    Is Jesus real? Any literary and archaeological evidences?
    --I believe He is. The bible itself is the evidence, (technically it is the direct translation of several old scrolls compiled to one book). The question really is if some archaeological evidences were found, would the scientific community welcome it as proof? I seriously doubt it.

    If there is a God why is there evil?"
    --The existence of evil doesn't disprove the existence of God just as much as the existence of stupid people doesn't disprove the existence of education. This is a prime example of subtle questions that attack God's image by implying that God is unfair and unjust. They usually go on and talk about poverty and suffering in the world, saying that good people suffer while evil men enjoy their lives. Yes, poverty and suffering is true and it is unfair to see a lot of evil people seem to have the time of their lives as opposed to good people getting the worst of life, but the truth is, biblical truth, no man is really good but God alone(Luke 18:19).

    In other words, if there is a God then all of us deserve the worst of life. So the real question now is, why isn't everyone suffering and in poverty? Why are there people living a productive, peaceful and joyful lives? If God does exist and no one is good then why isn't everybody dead? Why are people still alive at all? The answer is Jesus. Because of Jesus, everyone still gets the chance to receive God's salvation through the cross. Because God loves all of us. And God is not unjust in loving us because He sent Jesus, His beloved Son, as payment for all our evil deeds. That is why God is just and loving at the same time.

    God is far from unjust. Knowing Jesus, knowing His love, what He did, and what He still does, it's no wonder that people are still healthy, joyful, and alive. Why is there still evil? Because not everyone know who Jesus is, yet. Once Jesus is known all over, and upon His return, the world will know and will recognize Him as our Lord, then that will be the beginning of heaven on earth. Evil will no longer exist. Hallelujah!

    Anyway, I'm thankful for your concern about my faith and everyone else's. I do think I'm capable of defending my faith from men not out of my own wisdom but out of what Jesus' wisdom, God's grace, and the knowledge of the Holy Spirit in us.
    “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Cor 12:9
    "But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty" 1 Corinthians 1:25

    So let's not worry about defending our faith, instead, share our faith without fear. Because even with all our weaknesses, imperfections, and stupidity combined, God will use it all to show them His perfect justice, wisdom, and love.

    Peace to you and your family and God bless you with great health, wisdom, and prosperity.







    Taro likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,732
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    151

    Default Re: Are You Prepared to Defend Your Faith?

    I think defending our faith is the wrong term to use as we are not being attacked in such questions. As for proof of god we could say all kinds of things like how the stars are set into place, how the sun is placed at the exact distance from earth that it neither burns up the earth nor leaves it cold (which btw if you didn't know if sun was even a little closer to us we would burn up and if it was a little further way we would not have near enough and we would be very cold all the time) but these things can all be explained by science

    There is no actual proof of God that can shown especially to a skeptical person
    As for evidence of Jesus there are many images carved in stone that depict him found from ruins and also many scrolls that were found to have drawings that looked just like him

    As for if there is a God why is there evil you have normally explanation of satan and the story of adam and eve but in general the main issue people have is well if he is such a loving god why would allow evil to continue and suffering and pain and sorrow. This is not always an easy question to answer because some people will reject what you say no matter what you say but also because many times even the strongest of believers have trouble answering this question themselves
    blessedjohn80 and Taro like this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  4. #4
    Member WUKONG's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2017
    Age
    23
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Are You Prepared to Defend Your Faith?

    Quote Originally Posted by blessedjohn80 View Post
    Knowing who my Lord Jesus is, I personally don't worry about defending my faith. Also, I certainly don't think I need to defend God, God defends me/us not the other way around. Defend my faith? I don't like to think of it that way, I'd rather share my faith than defend it. Usually those who take a shot at your faith just really wants to argue with you or irritate you. Basically, they're the ones sharing their faith to you and have already made up their mind about God and Jesus so it would probably be best to just be aware not to be swayed into their belief.

    But whenever I do encounter someone who really wants to know who Christ is then I would gladly share them who Jesus is. I'd start sharing who He is in my life then share who He is in the bible. As for those who come just to disprove you, just so they could disprove you, what I think you should do for them is to give them a summary of your faith in a few words and stop there. Any words after that would be pointless. It'll just be a battle of faith between you and an atheist. Just end the conversation in a good manner and pray for them in spirit.

    I do hear about Christians who lose their faith after facing questions like these and it's really sad but it's not the end for them, I'm sure. God is timeless and Jesus our Lord will always lead us to Himself. So, let's not lose hope as well when we hear these things happen because, in the end, their faith is their faith and ours is ours.

    Anyway, looking at the questions I think I have a few good answers to them that I'd like to share, as well as some thoughts on what I think about the questions themselves and the people behind them.

    "What is the proof that there is a God?"
    --Everything in nature is proof that there is God. From the complexities of our seemingly infinite universe down to the smallest of matter is just too much to deny the existence of a supreme being. Also, because everything in reality follows some form of law, known or unknown, proves that a higher being exists that created these laws. Laws and information are things that just cannot emerge from nothing. It's really funny because believing that there is no God takes just as much faith in believing that there is, probably even more.

    Is Jesus real? Any literary and archaeological evidences?
    --I believe He is. The bible itself is the evidence, (technically it is the direct translation of several old scrolls compiled to one book). The question really is if some archaeological evidences were found, would the scientific community welcome it as proof? I seriously doubt it.

    If there is a God why is there evil?"
    --The existence of evil doesn't disprove the existence of God just as much as the existence of stupid people doesn't disprove the existence of education. This is a prime example of subtle questions that attack God's image by implying that God is unfair and unjust. They usually go on and talk about poverty and suffering in the world, saying that good people suffer while evil men enjoy their lives. Yes, poverty and suffering is true and it is unfair to see a lot of evil people seem to have the time of their lives as opposed to good people getting the worst of life, but the truth is, biblical truth, no man is really good but God alone(Luke 18:19).

    In other words, if there is a God then all of us deserve the worst of life. So the real question now is, why isn't everyone suffering and in poverty? Why are there people living a productive, peaceful and joyful lives? If God does exist and no one is good then why isn't everybody dead? Why are people still alive at all? The answer is Jesus. Because of Jesus, everyone still gets the chance to receive God's salvation through the cross. Because God loves all of us. And God is not unjust in loving us because He sent Jesus, His beloved Son, as payment for all our evil deeds. That is why God is just and loving at the same time.

    God is far from unjust. Knowing Jesus, knowing His love, what He did, and what He still does, it's no wonder that people are still healthy, joyful, and alive. Why is there still evil? Because not everyone know who Jesus is, yet. Once Jesus is known all over, and upon His return, the world will know and will recognize Him as our Lord, then that will be the beginning of heaven on earth. Evil will no longer exist. Hallelujah!

    Anyway, I'm thankful for your concern about my faith and everyone else's. I do think I'm capable of defending my faith from men not out of my own wisdom but out of what Jesus' wisdom, God's grace, and the knowledge of the Holy Spirit in us.
    “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Cor 12:9
    "But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty" 1 Corinthians 1:25

    So let's not worry about defending our faith, instead, share our faith without fear. Because even with all our weaknesses, imperfections, and stupidity combined, God will use it all to show them His perfect justice, wisdom, and love.

    Peace to you and your family and God bless you with great health, wisdom, and prosperity.
    Right answer

    Thank you blessedjohn.
    blessedjohn80 likes this.
    Wukong here, a bondservant of Christ, a sidewalk apostle.

    Galatians 5:22-23
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

  5. #5
    Member WUKONG's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2017
    Age
    23
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Are You Prepared to Defend Your Faith?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    I think defending our faith is the wrong term to use as we are not being attacked in such questions. As for proof of god we could say all kinds of things like how the stars are set into place, how the sun is placed at the exact distance from earth that it neither burns up the earth nor leaves it cold (which btw if you didn't know if sun was even a little closer to us we would burn up and if it was a little further way we would not have near enough and we would be very cold all the time) but these things can all be explained by science

    There is no actual proof of God that can shown especially to a skeptical person
    As for evidence of Jesus there are many images carved in stone that depict him found from ruins and also many scrolls that were found to have drawings that looked just like him

    As for if there is a God why is there evil you have normally explanation of satan and the story of adam and eve but in general the main issue people have is well if he is such a loving god why would allow evil to continue and suffering and pain and sorrow. This is not always an easy question to answer because some people will reject what you say no matter what you say but also because many times even the strongest of believers have trouble answering this question themselves
    Right with your point there, Blain. I recommend you the book "Man Myth Messiah" by Rice Broocks.
    Wukong here, a bondservant of Christ, a sidewalk apostle.

    Galatians 5:22-23
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

  6. #6
    Senior Member G00WZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2014
    Age
    31
    Posts
    438
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Are You Prepared to Defend Your Faith?

    I don't try to defend God or my belief/ faith, or even try to convince non believers to see what i see.It is better to be anchored in Christ so i don't need to argue, debate, convince, or defend. Christ lives in me so i don't need to defend anything, His reputation defends itself... As for the questions, i get those a lot in actual life because some want to know why i am the way i am or what im on, like what is driving me... i just tell them its Christ who lives in me, its something spiritual and many people from a natural mindset wont understand, but some actually want to learn more and then i might go deeper into the "whys" and "whats", but i always encourage others to do their own research rather than just taking my word for it.

    Christians get their faith destroyed by questions because they are not anchored spiritually in Christ... the armor of God is meant to spiritually maintain a Christian and keep them anchored, not as a defense against unanchored natural minded skeptics attacking faith by asking questions.
    blessedjohn80 and Taro like this.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2017
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Are You Prepared to Defend Your Faith?

    Quote Originally Posted by G00WZ View Post
    I don't try to defend God or my belief/ faith, or even try to convince non believers to see what i see.It is better to be anchored in Christ so i don't need to argue, debate, convince, or defend. Christ lives in me so i don't need to defend anything, His reputation defends itself... As for the questions, i get those a lot in actual life because some want to know why i am the way i am or what im on, like what is driving me... i just tell them its Christ who lives in me, its something spiritual and many people from a natural mindset wont understand, but some actually want to learn more and then i might go deeper into the "whys" and "whats", but i always encourage others to do their own research rather than just taking my word for it.

    Christians get their faith destroyed by questions because they are not anchored spiritually in Christ... the armor of God is meant to spiritually maintain a Christian and keep them anchored, not as a defense against unanchored natural minded skeptics attacking faith by asking questions.
    How then will you defend when they start implementing the mark of the beast?

  8. #8
    Senior Member G00WZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2014
    Age
    31
    Posts
    438
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Are You Prepared to Defend Your Faith?

    guess ill the one on the guillotine then

  9. #9
    Senior Member WineRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2017
    Age
    15
    Posts
    1,359
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Are You Prepared to Defend Your Faith?



    My pillow fort is prepared.
    Tinkerbell725 and WUKONG like this.
    I am a rose made out of wine who can type on this forum and achieve sentient thought and consciousness. Because I said so.

    "Thou shalt not troll on thy forum, lest ye shall be condemned."
    - WineRose

    Click here to see my only serious, non-funny post:

    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...ew-thread.html

    Seriously, this is the only one :/

  10. #10
    Member WUKONG's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2017
    Age
    23
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Are You Prepared to Defend Your Faith?

    Quote Originally Posted by WineRose View Post


    My pillow fort is prepared.
    WAHAAAAAAAAAAA CUTEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wukong here, a bondservant of Christ, a sidewalk apostle.

    Galatians 5:22-23
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

  11. #11
    Senior Member blessedjohn80's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2016
    Age
    36
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Are You Prepared to Defend Your Faith?

    Quote Originally Posted by dinonugget777 View Post
    How then will you defend when they start implementing the mark of the beast?
    Depends on how much you believe in Isaiah 54:17

    "No weapon formed against you shall prosper,And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
    You shall condemn.
    This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
    And their righteousness is from Me,”
    Says the Lord."

    Like blain said, "It is better to be anchored in Christ." If you're Jesus focused, you wouldn't worry of such things.

    Praise God for that. God bless.
    WUKONG, Taro and sujatha like this.

Similar Threads

  1. How do I defend Matthew 16:28?
    By Lecrae in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2014, 08:17 AM
  2. how not to defend atheism
    By zone in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2013, 02:22 PM
  3. Want to defend the Christian faith?
    By Daffy4Christ in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 13th, 2011, 06:03 AM
  4. A video to help defend our faith.
    By JimM1228 in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 10th, 2011, 08:24 PM