Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
Like Tree13Likes

Heavenly Recipes

Got a heavenly recipe - or just a healthy one - that you'd like to share? Post it here!

Thread: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yall!

  1. #1
    Senior Member missy2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,971
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yall!

    Ginger beer
    Ingredients
    1 Litres water
    60 ml ground ginger
    750 ml sugar
    4 litres water
    125 ml raisins
    3 ml cream of tartar
    5 ml tartaric acid
    15 ml instant dry yeast (optional)

    Method

    Make a syrup by boiling together 1 liter water, ground ginger and sugar for 15 minutes.
    Place in a large container and add 4 liters water, raisins, cream of tartar and tartaric and yeast (if using).
    Leave at room temperature until raisins have risen to the surface.
    Pour into bottles, close securely and store in refrigerator.
    Makes 5 liters
    Romans 14:11 [Full Chapter]
    For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”

  2. #2
    Senior Member mochi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2015
    Age
    30
    Posts
    767
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    How does it taste Missy?
    I never had something like this and this is the first time i heard that combination.. Interesting
    and can i substitute cream of tar tar with lemon?
    I dont have cream of tar tar at home -_- i just dump it the other day since i barely use it and already expired
    missy2014 and Desertsrose like this.
    Love one another. As I have loved you - John 13:34

  3. #3
    Senior Member Desertsrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,138
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    Quote Originally Posted by missy2014 View Post
    Ginger beer
    Ingredients
    1 Litres water
    60 ml ground ginger
    750 ml sugar
    4 litres water
    125 ml raisins
    3 ml cream of tartar
    5 ml tartaric acid
    15 ml instant dry yeast (optional)

    Method

    Make a syrup by boiling together 1 liter water, ground ginger and sugar for 15 minutes.
    Place in a large container and add 4 liters water, raisins, cream of tartar and tartaric and yeast (if using).
    Leave at room temperature until raisins have risen to the surface.
    Pour into bottles, close securely and store in refrigerator.
    Makes 5 liters

    Hi Missy,

    Root beer uses licorice root and anise seed along with wintergreen in its recipe or sassafras root bark instead of the licorice root/anise seed. Sweeteners are added and other ingredients might be used as well. There are different recipes out there, but the drink tastes different from ginger beer.

    Ginger beer is like the drink ginger ale I'm told. Root beer is much sweeter and tastes different.

    My husband made root beer one time using root beer extract. It was fun, tasted great and it was for a large group, but we've never made it since.
    missy2014 and mochi like this.

    He has told you, O man, what is good;

    And what does the Lord require of you
    But to do justice, to love kindness,
    And to walk humbly with your God?
    Micah 6:8




  4. #4
    Senior Member peacenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11th, 2016
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,972
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    ginger beer is stronger than ginger ale - when drinking it, please be sure to use ice as it can be a bit too strong for most people who have never used it before
    missy2014 and mochi like this.
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

    Matt 5:9

  5. #5
    Senior Member missy2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,971
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    Quote Originally Posted by peacenik View Post
    ginger beer is stronger than ginger ale - when drinking it, please be sure to use ice as it can be a bit too strong for most people who have never used it before
    No worries peacenik glad ya liked it immmm want some now.... looks around and ok roger that folks "root beer is different to ginger beer". Yes I find that Peacenik it is stronger but its soo sweet! Yum
    Thanks for all the feedback folks and postive too .
    Romans 14:11 [Full Chapter]
    For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”

  6. #6
    Senior Member missy2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,971
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    Quote Originally Posted by mochi View Post
    How does it taste Missy?
    I never had something like this and this is the first time i heard that combination.. Interesting
    and can i substitute cream of tar tar with lemon?
    I dont have cream of tar tar at home -_- i just dump it the other day since i barely use it and already expired
    hey one of my friends yah keep it contact I always find when youve spoken to me its positive and encouraging infact ill a rep a few. it tastes delicious esp ginger beer (its not actually alcholic but its ohh so nice) which i have a bias between the two ginger beer and ginger ale. I'll pm you .aww no! dont you just hate that when that happens go to chuck the cream of tar tar and then there a nice recipe and your like where is my cream of tar tar?

    yeh um Mochi and folks this combination w raisins is particularly nice I tried it once at school we made it .
    Mochi I may try get a youtube video for you saw your smiley face yeh its definitely yuum imm well for me all the fans are around this recipe haaha. Lots of love to everyone.
    Romans 14:11 [Full Chapter]
    For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”

  7. #7
    Senior Member missy2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,971
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    oh and not gingery when i say not gingery its not like youve just put ginger in a cup of hot water, I wouldnt drink that its a sweet yet like Peace nik said strong raisins give it in my opinion that wow factor really tastes yummy and good supplement to the beverage.
    Romans 14:11 [Full Chapter]
    For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”

  8. #8
    Senior Member missy2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,971
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    *ones in Nz arent alcoholic
    Romans 14:11 [Full Chapter]
    For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”

  9. #9
    Senior Member missy2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,971
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    Quote Originally Posted by mochi View Post
    How does it taste Missy?
    I never had something like this and this is the first time i heard that combination.. Interesting
    and can i substitute cream of tar tar with lemon?
    I dont have cream of tar tar at home -_- i just dump it the other day since i barely use it and already expired
    Try google substitute for cream of tar tar
    Romans 14:11 [Full Chapter]
    For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”

  10. #10
    Senior Member missy2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,971
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    Quote Originally Posted by mochi View Post
    How does it taste Missy?
    I never had something like this and this is the first time i heard that combination.. Interesting
    and can i substitute cream of tar tar with lemon?
    I dont have cream of tar tar at home -_- i just dump it the other day since i barely use it and already expired
    ok nvm mochi haha lol! I was gonna pm you and send you a ginger beer bottle but maybe not hehe..

    : https://www.giftbasketsoverseas.com/...-Indonesia.htm
    Romans 14:11 [Full Chapter]
    For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”

  11. #11
    Senior Member mochi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2015
    Age
    30
    Posts
    767
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    Quote Originally Posted by missy2014 View Post
    hey one of my friends yah keep it contact I always find when youve spoken to me its positive and encouraging infact ill a rep a few. it tastes delicious esp ginger beer (its not actually alcholic but its ohh so nice) which i have a bias between the two ginger beer and ginger ale. I'll pm you .aww no! dont you just hate that when that happens go to chuck the cream of tar tar and then there a nice recipe and your like where is my cream of tar tar?

    yeh um Mochi and folks this combination w raisins is particularly nice I tried it once at school we made it .
    Mochi I may try get a youtube video for you saw your smiley face yeh its definitely yuum imm well for me all the fans are around this recipe haaha. Lots of love to everyone.
    ummmm.. i actually have no idea what is ginger beer or ginger ale i only know ginger tea! hahaha
    that is why i'm super curious with this recipe since i'm ginger lover (and i have some fresh ginger roots on my pantry.. hohoho)

    and yes!!!! i hate it when i need cream of tar tar i dont have any! i bought a small plastic bag (around 100 grams) but only use few grams and been yearsssss and its expired already and then i saw this recipe! grrrrr

    Quote Originally Posted by missy2014 View Post
    oh and not gingery when i say not gingery its not like youve just put ginger in a cup of hot water, I wouldnt drink that its a sweet yet like Peace nik said strong raisins give it in my opinion that wow factor really tastes yummy and good supplement to the beverage.
    awwww no worries! i'm ginger lover.. but since it's not gingery taste i still curious to try this recipe!!! its very unique..
    on your recipe you wrote it optional for yeast.. do you think its best for me to add or not? dilemma mode

    Quote Originally Posted by missy2014 View Post
    ok nvm mochi haha lol! I was gonna pm you and send you a ginger beer bottle but maybe not hehe..

    : https://www.giftbasketsoverseas.com/...-Indonesia.htm
    awwwww... thats so sweet of you Missy.. i do appreciate your kind heart thank you! and yes, better not sending ginger beer here.. its liquid.. it will need high maintenance or i'll ended received empty broken bottle.. lol..
    Love one another. As I have loved you - John 13:34

  12. #12
    Senior Member missy2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,971
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    Quote Originally Posted by mochi View Post
    ummmm.. i actually have no idea what is ginger beer or ginger ale i only know ginger tea! hahaha
    that is why i'm super curious with this recipe since i'm ginger lover (and i have some fresh ginger roots on my pantry.. hohoho)

    and yes!!!! i hate it when i need cream of tar tar i dont have any! i bought a small plastic bag (around 100 grams) but only use few grams and been yearsssss and its expired already and then i saw this recipe! grrrrr



    awwww no worries! i'm ginger lover.. but since it's not gingery taste i still curious to try this recipe!!! its very unique..
    on your recipe you wrote it optional for yeast.. do you think its best for me to add or not? dilemma mode



    awwwww... thats so sweet of you Missy.. i do appreciate your kind heart thank you! and yes, better not sending ginger beer here.. its liquid.. it will need high maintenance or i'll ended received empty broken bottle.. lol..
    love ya research it yeh i wouldnt know but I assume strongly yeast
    mochi likes this.
    Romans 14:11 [Full Chapter]
    For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”

  13. #13
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    55,038
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    275

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    Ginger beer and root beer are two entirely different things..





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    LOL.. I'll use that defense the next time I get accused of something.. lol


    To read my cancer, depression, physical pain & suicide testimonies, go to the Blog tab in my profile.



  14. #14
    Senior Member peacenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11th, 2016
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,972
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Ginger beer and root beer are two entirely different things..


    ... and both taste ever so good with lots of ice cream, cool whip, and a generous thread of strawberry syrup on top (with a few pistachios)
    blue_ladybug likes this.
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

    Matt 5:9

  15. #15
    Member Plimoth_Pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2017
    Age
    61
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    does it tend to blow up when stored at room temp? Regular beer bottling is finicky - my grandfather used to make it.

  16. #16
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    55,038
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    275

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    Ginger beer isn't beer. It's soda.


    Quote Originally Posted by Plimoth_Pilgrim View Post
    does it tend to blow up when stored at room temp? Regular beer bottling is finicky - my grandfather used to make it.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    LOL.. I'll use that defense the next time I get accused of something.. lol


    To read my cancer, depression, physical pain & suicide testimonies, go to the Blog tab in my profile.



  17. #17
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    15,567
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    239

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Ginger beer isn't beer. It's soda.
    It taste bad too. Raisins?
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  18. #18
    Member Plimoth_Pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2017
    Age
    61
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    commercially sold "ginger beer" isn't beer at all, but rather ginger flavored carbonated water. (It's not brewed)
    What's described here is brewed (heat, sugar, yeast). The raisins are the giveaway to the fermentation process which gives off CO2 or natural carbonation. The increasing carbonation used to be what blew up the bottles, not the alcohol. The alcohol part comes in where you keep adding sugar (or starches). The home made root beer blew up once in a while too.

  19. #19
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    55,038
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    275

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    Yuck.................

    LOL





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    LOL.. I'll use that defense the next time I get accused of something.. lol


    To read my cancer, depression, physical pain & suicide testimonies, go to the Blog tab in my profile.



  20. #20
    Senior Member shrimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,050
    Blog Entries
    10
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: Ginger beer recipe w raisins / why do you's call it root beer?o.0 come on now yal

    Plimoth_Pilgrim likes this.


    Whump!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I'd Like to Have a Beer With . . .
    By Utah in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: November 6th, 2015, 07:33 PM
  2. beer with jesus
    By lost1972 in forum Christian Music Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: January 21st, 2013, 07:48 PM
  3. How can I lose my beer belly???
    By Canadian36 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2012, 06:15 PM