Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
Like Tree121Likes

Heavenly Recipes

Got a heavenly recipe - or just a healthy one - that you'd like to share? Post it here!

Thread: PB&J

  1. #21
    Senior Member J0Hnnatcc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Peanut butter on toast is fab and so is jam on toast (see above for jam).

    I don't think I have ever had both together either in sandwiches or on toast.

    Marmalade on toast is good too. Especially the lime version

    Lime Marmalade
    Yeah, and marmalade with Bacon makes an awesome sandwich itself. I don't know about lime and bacon combo though..
    BeyondET and Tabitha4thelord like this.
    The good life is the one that's been laid down

  2. #22
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,102
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    253

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Peanut butter on toast is fab and so is jam on toast (see above for jam).

    I don't think I have ever had both together either in sandwiches or on toast.

    Marmalade on toast is good too. Especially the lime version

    Lime Marmalade
    I'm down with the Lime Marmalade.
    Miri, BeyondET and Tabitha4thelord like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  3. #23
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,102
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    253

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondET View Post
    Ingredients:
    Two slices of bread,peanut butter, grape jelly, 2% milk

    Preparation:
    One slice spread the peanut butter on the bread.
    Second slice spread the grape jelly on the bread.

    Place the two slices together and serve on a plate.

    For added goodness serve with a side glass of 2% milk.

    Yummie as I don't do know what.

    enjoy
    Our vegan members may want to substitute distilled bottled water for the milk.
    Miri, JesusLives, BeyondET and 2 others like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,468
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    Our vegan members may want to substitute distilled bottled water for the milk.

    Bah ha ha

    7013.gif
    He is God and
    we are not.

  5. #25
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,027
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondET View Post
    Ingredients:
    Two slices of bread,peanut butter, grape jelly, 2% milk

    Preparation:
    One slice spread the peanut butter on the bread.
    Second slice spread the grape jelly on the bread.

    Place the two slices together and serve on a plate.

    For added goodness serve with a side glass of 2% milk.

    Yummie as I don't do know what.

    enjoy
    I've heard this is a really good recipe.

    I've never tried it myself...
    but I saw it on the Food Network.


    Question:
    When you put the 2 slices of bread together... does the jelly and peanut butter go on the inside or the outside?
    Sorry, but it just wasn't clear.
    Thank you.
    Miri, JesusLives, Magenta and 3 others like this.

  6. #26
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,102
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    253

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    I've heard this is a really good recipe.

    I've never tried it myself...
    but I saw it on the Food Network.


    Question:
    When you put the 2 slices of bread together... does the jelly and peanut butter go on the inside or the outside?
    Sorry, but it just wasn't clear.
    Thank you.
    Step by step instructions may be required to avoid a kitchen disaster.
    Miri, Magenta, BeyondET and 2 others like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    17,184
    Rep Power
    335

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    Our vegan members may want to substitute distilled bottled water for the milk.
    There is always almond milk, rice dream, or soy milk, etc

    milkalternatives.jpg


    tourist, mochi, BeyondET and 1 others like this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  8. #28
    Senior Member Desertsrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,451
    Rep Power
    154

    Default Re: PB&J

    Yum, good 'ol comfort food!
    BeyondET and Tabitha4thelord like this.

    He has told you, O man, what is good;

    And what does the Lord require of you
    But to do justice, to love kindness,
    And to walk humbly with your God?
    Micah 6:8




  9. #29
    Senior Member Desertsrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,451
    Rep Power
    154

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Peanut butter on toast is fab and so is jam on toast (see above for jam).

    I don't think I have ever had both together either in sandwiches or on toast.

    Marmalade on toast is good too. Especially the lime version

    Lime Marmalade
    ‚ÄčLemon Curd is the bomb!
    Miri, Magenta and BeyondET like this.

    He has told you, O man, what is good;

    And what does the Lord require of you
    But to do justice, to love kindness,
    And to walk humbly with your God?
    Micah 6:8




  10. #30
    Senior Member JesusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2013
    Age
    62
    Posts
    11,915
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    245

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertsrose View Post
    ‚ÄčLemon Curd is the bomb!
    I've never heard of a lemon curd bomb before but I have heard of blonde bombshells.
    Miri, BeyondET and Desertsrose like this.

  11. #31
    Senior Member JesusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2013
    Age
    62
    Posts
    11,915
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    245

    Default Re: PB&J

    All this talk of PBJ sandwiches made me go and get one of Tourist's lunch Sammy's now he will be short one for the week. Don't tell him o.k.?



    If I put it back do you think he will notice?
    tourist, Magenta, BeyondET and 1 others like this.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    17,184
    Rep Power
    335

    Default Re: PB&J

    foodbeans_on_toast430x3003.jpg
    Some people like beans on toast

    foodeggs-scrambed-toast.jpg
    Others like scrambled eggs on toast...

    foodgrilled-cheese-sandwich_770.jpg
    And still others will always opt for a grilled cheese

    foodAvocado-and-tomato-on-rye-toast.jpg
    One of my faves is avocado and tomatoes on toast...

    foodJesus-toast.jpg
    Some claim to have found Jesus on toast
    Miri, JesusLives, BeyondET and 1 others like this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  13. #33
    Senior Member JesusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2013
    Age
    62
    Posts
    11,915
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    245

    Default Re: PB&J

    Now I'm looking for the peanut butter jar.....see what you started......
    Miri, BeyondET and Desertsrose like this.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,468
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: PB&J

    I don't know if any of you have heard of

    Pilchards in tomato sauce on toast, with cheese on top. It's yummy.

    It might sound gross, but it's really nice. It's like having a mini pizza.
    Use whole meal bread and it makes a really healthy tasty snack.

    QWOP1131.jpg






    rufus-2527s-2Bfirst-2Bday-2Bat-2Bschool-2B153.jpg
    JesusLives and BeyondET like this.
    He is God and
    we are not.

  15. #35
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,102
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    253

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by JesusLives View Post
    All this talk of PBJ sandwiches made me go and get one of Tourist's lunch Sammy's now he will be short one for the week. Don't tell him o.k.?



    If I put it back do you think he will notice?
    Based on how well I notice things probably not.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2016
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,267
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    I've heard this is a really good recipe.

    I've never tried it myself...
    but I saw it on the Food Network.


    Question:
    When you put the 2 slices of bread together... does the jelly and peanut butter go on the inside or the outside?
    Sorry, but it just wasn't clear.
    Thank you.
    That's a very good question my friend, I have always assumed on the outside at least that's how I prepare the sandwich. Though you might be on to something because after eating the sandwich my hands seem to be always sticky and a mess. lol

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2016
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,267
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    There is always almond milk, rice dream, or soy milk, etc

    milkalternatives.jpg


    Uggg, I have never been able to drink these exotic flavors of milk.

    I mean really ugg my taste buds says to me, no way cow brain hahaha...
    Magenta likes this.

  18. #38
    Senior Member J0Hnnatcc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    There is always almond milk, rice dream, or soy milk, etc

    milkalternatives.jpg


    I actually prefer, almond milk to regular milk, it's so sweet! The drawback though, is that it's not great for building muscle.
    Magenta likes this.
    The good life is the one that's been laid down

  19. #39
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    17,184
    Rep Power
    335

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondET View Post
    Uggg, I have never been able to drink these exotic flavors of milk.

    I mean really ugg my taste buds says to me, no way cow brain hahaha...
    I am not a milk drinker, but tried almond milk and soy milk for a while for various reasons... however I am back to being totally milk free for some time now Even my cereal is so tasty, it does not need milk!

    Quote Originally Posted by J0Hnnatcc3 View Post
    I actually prefer, almond milk to regular milk, it's so sweet! The drawback though, is that it's not great for building muscle.
    They do fortify it with calcium and also Vitamin D

    It is great for people who are lactose intolerant...
    BeyondET and J0Hnnatcc3 like this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  20. #40
    Senior Member J0Hnnatcc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: PB&J

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    I am not a milk drinker, but tried almond milk and soy milk for a while for various reasons... however I am back to being totally milk free for some time now Even my cereal is so tasty, it does not need milk!

    They do fortify it with calcium and also Vitamin D

    It is great for people who are lactose intolerant...
    Blasphemy! How can you eat cereal without milk?!

    Jk.

    Seriously how?
    Magenta and BeyondET like this.
    The good life is the one that's been laid down

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast