Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 82
Like Tree68Likes

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

  1. #21
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,110
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeNChrist View Post
    Ummm, you put yourself on the list by knowingly denying the Trinity.
    I don't deny the Trinity. It is my belief that one God serves in all three capacities. One man can simultaneously be a father, son, husband, lawyer, singer … And so it is, one God can simultaneously be a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

  2. #22
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,110
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen63 View Post
    Yeeeah, like when Jesus was baptized by John God didn't say "this is me in whom I'm well pleased, hear me."
    Jesus Christ was God in flesh, I believe. Part of his mission was to set an example for us. Therefore, he did not run around saying, "I am God." Instead, he set an example for us to follow.
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

  3. #23
    Senior Member FreeNChrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    6,801
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    I don't deny the Trinity. It is my belief that one God serves in all three capacities. One man can simultaneously be a father, son, husband, lawyer, singer … And so it is, one God can simultaneously be a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
    Yes you do deny the Trinity, that is a denial of the Trinity.
    SovereignGrace likes this.

    “How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?”
    Gal 3:3



  4. #24
    Senior Member nowyouseem033's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2014
    Age
    23
    Posts
    527
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    I don't deny the Trinity. It is my belief that one God serves in all three capacities. One man can simultaneously be a father, son, husband, lawyer, singer … And so it is, one God can simultaneously be a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
    Oh your a Modalist? That the One God can operate many modes i.e father, son, etc etc. Yeah im sure that was rejected as heresy during the council of trent and nicea.
    SovereignGrace likes this.

  5. #25
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,110
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeNChrist View Post
    Yes you do deny the Trinity, that is a denial of the Trinity.
    I believe that I am right, but if I am wrong, God will teach me that. I don't feel the need to insult people that disagree with me.
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

  6. #26
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,110
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by nowyouseem033 View Post
    Oh your a Modalist? That the One God can operate many modes i.e father, son, etc etc. Yeah im sure that was rejected as heresy during the council of trent and nicea.
    Modalist? Are you one of those people who likes to put other people into categories?
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

  7. #27
    Senior Member nowyouseem033's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2014
    Age
    23
    Posts
    527
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    I believe that I am right, but if I am wrong, God will teach me that. I don't feel the need to insult people that disagree with me.
    The trinity FACT means One God in three divine persons.. That is the accurate definition of trinity in a nutshell. So aahhhhh no you dont believe that do you?
    SovereignGrace likes this.

  8. #28
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,110
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by nowyouseem033 View Post
    The trinity FACT means One God in three divine persons.. That is the accurate definition of trinity in a nutshell. So aahhhhh no you dont believe that do you?
    I believe that God is simultaneously a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. A person can be more than one thing at a time. A man can be a father, son, husband, banker, singer in a choir, etc.
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

  9. #29
    Senior Member nowyouseem033's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2014
    Age
    23
    Posts
    527
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    Modalist? Are you one of those people who likes to put other people into categories?
    Well yes because the belief you espouse says i believe in this and i dont believe in that. Gee if you get offended at that how are you ever going to cope being called a Christian because people categorize Christians as those weird folk who believe in the bible.

  10. #30
    Senior Member nowyouseem033's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2014
    Age
    23
    Posts
    527
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    I believe that God is simultaneously a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. A person can be more than one thing at a time. A man can be a father, son, husband, banker, singer in a choir, etc.
    at a time??? hhhmmmm this God was three in one before time?? time has no relevancy to who he is in nature. Before time God was three persons in one. The father, son, and holy spirit are God yes but are actually three different persons not aspects not roles, not modes but three different PERSONAGES. That is the trinity and you would agree with that right

  11. #31
    Senior Member nowyouseem033's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2014
    Age
    23
    Posts
    527
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    Modalist? Are you one of those people who likes to put other people into categories?
    Hey i dont mind being put in a category so what? Being a Christian means im being put in a category so yeah. I also have a category of gender and nationality and oh yes belief. Seriously... saying that you believe this and not that means you are seperating yourself from those who believe what you do not believe. Which means you are in a category seperate from those who disagree with you. Pork ribs and bbq sauce are different food categorys doesnt mean theyre not food? and man are they delicious when they are combined...mmmmmm

  12. #32
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,110
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by nowyouseem033 View Post
    Well yes because the belief you espouse says i believe in this and i dont believe in that. Gee if you get offended at that how are you ever going to cope being called a Christian because people categorize Christians as those weird folk who believe in the bible.
    I use labels sometimes myself (liberal, conservative), but they only tell you so much.
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

  13. #33
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,110
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by nowyouseem033 View Post
    at a time??? hhhmmmm this God was three in one before time?? time has no relevancy to who he is in nature. Before time God was three persons in one. The father, son, and holy spirit are God yes but are actually three different persons not aspects not roles, not modes but three different PERSONAGES. That is the trinity and you would agree with that right
    I believe in one God, not three. If I am wrong, the Lord will teach me that. It seems to upset you that I disagree with you. Is it my welfare you are concerned about?
    blue_ladybug likes this.
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

  14. #34
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    51,055
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    210

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?


    There IS only ONE God. Father, son, Holy Ghost/Spirit..


    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    Another Trinity argument? I can't believe there are three Gods. I believe in one who serves as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Father is the Creator, Jesus is the Son, and the Holy Spirit is God when he talks to us. But you don't believe that, and we could go round and round till the cows come home.


    God is father AND son AND Holy Spirit. The bible talks of ONE God, ONE creator. Not 3 separate gods..Yes, Jesus is Lord and Savior, but he is also God and the Holy Spirit. It's confusing but true. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeNChrist View Post
    If the Jesus you believe in is not God the Son, the second Person of the Trinity, then your Jesus is merely a figment of your own imagination who is not Lord and Savior, and who cannot save you, and we do not believe in the same Jesus at all. That is simply the truth. If you find it insulting, so be it.


    Resurrection didn't deny the Trinity, knowingly or otherwise. He knows who the Trinity is. It's YOU who seems to have trouble knowing who they are.. God is God, God is Jesus, God is the Holy Spirit.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeNChrist View Post
    Ummm, you put yourself on the list by knowingly denying the Trinity.
    Now everyone stop arguing. It's Christmas Eve, so let's have some eggnog.
    resurrection33 likes this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    LOL.. I'll use that defense the next time I get accused of something.. lol


    To read my cancer, depression, physical pain & suicide testimonies, go to the Blog tab in my profile.



  15. #35
    Senior Member nowyouseem033's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2014
    Age
    23
    Posts
    527
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    I believe in one God, not three. If I am wrong, the Lord will teach me that. It seems to upset you that I disagree with you. Is it my welfare you are concerned about?
    Well if thats what you believe i also believe that too. I believe in one God revealed as three distinctly different persons of that One God. Im glad we agree there.. Oh and no not really.. where not disagreeing right? we both believe in the trinity. That God is One being revealed as three persons so no disagrement here

  16. #36
    Senior Member FreeNChrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    6,801
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    I believe that I am right, but if I am wrong, God will teach me that. I don't feel the need to insult people that disagree with me.
    God is and has been teaching you, but you persist in denying Him.

    “How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?”
    Gal 3:3



  17. #37
    Senior Member FreeNChrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    6,801
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post

    There IS only ONE God. Father, son, Holy Ghost/Spirit.


    God is father AND son AND Holy Spirit. The bible talks of ONE God, ONE creator. Not 3 separate gods..Yes, Jesus is Lord and Savior, but he is also God and the Holy Spirit. It's confusing but true. lol


    Resurrection didn't deny the Trinity, knowingly or otherwise. He knows who the Trinity is. It's YOU who seems to have trouble knowing who they are.. God is God, God is Jesus, God is the Holy Spirit.


    Now everyone stop arguing. It's Christmas Eve, so let's have some eggnog.
    He knowingly denies the Trinity and knowingly tries to pervert what the Trinity means. Don't be naive.

    “How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?”
    Gal 3:3



  18. #38
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    51,055
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    210

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    The Trinity is made up of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and God/Jesus the Holy Spirit.. God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, are all one and the same entity..
    resurrection33 and Galatea like this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    LOL.. I'll use that defense the next time I get accused of something.. lol


    To read my cancer, depression, physical pain & suicide testimonies, go to the Blog tab in my profile.



  19. #39
    Senior Member MultilingualMessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2015
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,167
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    I believe that God is simultaneously a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. A person can be more than one thing at a time. A man can be a father, son, husband, banker, singer in a choir, etc.
    This is true, that a man can be both a father and a son, but not his own father and his own son. (I say this because a son requires a father and a father requires a child; a son in this case.)

    Same essence doesn't necessarily mean same person. Likewise, three persons doesn't necessarily mean three essences (or three different gods). They are all God (same essence), in three persons (but not three essences), who agree on everything and work toward the same purposes.

    God said, "let us make man in our image and likeness". (Note that the persons are plural and the image and likeness are both singular.)
    Last edited by MultilingualMessenger; December 24th, 2016 at 04:43 PM.

  20. #40
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,110
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: Did Jesus Create All Things At His Father's Command?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeNChrist View Post
    God is and has been teaching you, but you persist in denying Him.
    I pray to one God. When God talks to me, he never says there are three of them.
    blue_ladybug likes this.
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Things to ponder about our loving Father and our Lord Jesus
    By Grace777x70 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 28th, 2016, 11:04 AM
  2. ALL THINGS Part II: Will Jesus Fulfill the Will of the Father?
    By Socrates in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2015, 03:50 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: August 24th, 2013, 12:48 PM
  4. What did Jesus command us to do?
    By 1still_waters in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: June 23rd, 2013, 01:27 PM
  5. What are things we can do for our Heavenly Father this Father Day?
    By Beloved57 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 17th, 2012, 12:38 PM