Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1639
Like Tree1567Likes

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: The Gun Thread

  1. #1301
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,801
    Rep Power
    665

    Default Re: The Gun Thread



    Bring your friends! Refreshments included Cats are welcome

    *In special honor of the NBW Thread, there will be LOTS of cake and lasagna!

    This will be a gun-free event
    Deade likes this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  2. #1302
    finaldesire
    Guest

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    With all these new members, I decided to revive an old topic. Just to see how many of y'all are also gun enthusiasts.

    So here is a thread for general talk about guns, gun accessories, and gun-related hobbies.

    Anybody have gun-related New Years resolutions?
    I have a reverse point of view gun and I am going to shoot you with it, then you'll see if owning weapons is a good idea.

  3. #1303
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,886
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by finaldesire View Post
    I have a reverse point of view gun and I am going to shoot you with it, then you'll see if owning weapons is a good idea.
    fire away!

    dodge.png
    mailmandan, Magenta and Deade like this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  4. #1304
    finaldesire
    Guest

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    [QUOTE=hornetguy;3456774]fire away!
    He he he.

  5. #1305
    Senior Member Endoscopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2017
    Posts
    2,011
    Rep Power
    40

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    Probably only half of them are gun haters. The other half are hypocrite gun owners that think they are the elite, and rules don't apply to them. Like Hillary.

    Love it.
    Now add text to keep the site happy.

  6. #1306
    Senior Member Endoscopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2017
    Posts
    2,011
    Rep Power
    40

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by finaldesire View Post
    I have a reverse point of view gun and I am going to shoot you with it, then you'll see if owning weapons is a good idea.
    In the US the states with the more liberal gun carry laws have fewer muggings etc. The criminals are afraid of taking on a gun toting victim.
    Deade likes this.

  7. #1307
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    66
    Posts
    857
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    That's what I have come to understand as well, and have heard it said, "An armed society is a polite society".
    Deade likes this.

  8. #1308
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    66
    Posts
    857
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    a S&W chrome model 15 followed me home, man bought it in 70's fired about 12 rounds through it, put it away, I have it soaking now for a shine up.
    zeroturbulence, EarnestQ and Deade like this.

  9. #1309
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,886
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shittim View Post
    a S&W chrome model 15 followed me home, man bought it in 70's fired about 12 rounds through it, put it away, I have it soaking now for a shine up.
    color me jealous..... those are wonderful revolvers.

    I used to work with a guy that loved S&W revolvers, nickel plated... he would buy two of each model.... 29, 19, 27, etc...
    He would use one of each pair to "shoot", and the other one was kept locked up in his safe.
    Deade likes this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  10. #1310
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,790
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    456

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hornetguy View Post
    color me jealous..... those are wonderful revolvers.

    I used to work with a guy that loved S&W revolvers, nickel plated... he would buy two of each model.... 29, 19, 27, etc...
    He would use one of each pair to "shoot", and the other one was kept locked up in his safe.
    I hosed up in 1984....I worked at "MCCRACKS" and my boss offered me a Dan Wesson 357 in a nice case that had 4 different length barrels, different colored sights and a few other things for $250.00 and I did not buy it.......
    Deade likes this.

  11. #1311
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    66
    Posts
    857
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    What's up with some of the decisions we made when we were younger and now regret?
    On the other hand where would we have put all the "stuff" we were offered on good deals
    and/or stuff we wish we had kept?
    I have two DW's right now, a 2" and a 6", and would be willing to make you the happy owner of one or both.
    I keep running into these deals, G-d is good to me and wants to be even better to me, and I am sure for all of us, and He delights in giving us the desires of our hearts if we will be His.
    Quite often we think of the choices between good and evil, He wants "best" not just good, it is the choice between the adversaries evil, we thinking what is good, when the Creator wants what is best which is found when we are in Him.
    Wish I knew how to post pictures.
    Deade likes this.

  12. #1312
    Senior Member EarnestQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,322
    Rep Power
    131

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    How are we to respond to the liberals over the new school shooting? They have their speeches ready for each crisis. Officers on campus didn't do a lot of good this time.

    The only thing I can think of is to arm teachers. The liberals will hate that, but what other realistic solution can we offer?
    Deade likes this.
    God's Wisdom coin:
    Truth on one side and love on the other. You can't truly have one without the other.

    Love without truth is deception.

    Truth without love is arrogance.

    Love and Truth in balance is God's wisdom.

  13. #1313
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,886
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shittim View Post
    What's up with some of the decisions we made when we were younger and now regret?
    On the other hand where would we have put all the "stuff" we were offered on good deals
    and/or stuff we wish we had kept?
    I have two DW's right now, a 2" and a 6", and would be willing to make you the happy owner of one or both.
    I keep running into these deals, G-d is good to me and wants to be even better to me, and I am sure for all of us, and He delights in giving us the desires of our hearts if we will be His.
    Quite often we think of the choices between good and evil, He wants "best" not just good, it is the choice between the adversaries evil, we thinking what is good, when the Creator wants what is best which is found when we are in Him.
    Wish I knew how to post pictures.
    Save the picture you want to post, to your desktop (or some other folder, if you prefer)

    Then click on the little icon at the top of the "reply/quick reply" box... it's the third one over from the right. The far right one is the "quotes" icon, the next icon is for inserting a video, and the third one is for inserting a picture. When you click on it, a window will pop up, giving you the option of selecting a file (picture) from you computer, or from a URL (website). Click on the "select files" button, and you will be allowed to pick whatever drive you want to select the picture from (like desktop). Find your picture in the list of files in that location, and "select" it, then hit "open" in your popup window. It will then place that picture in the popup window. Then just hit "upload" and it will place the picture in your reply/quick reply. When you post your reply, the picture will show up. It's very simple... takes longer to explain it than it takes to just do it.
    Magenta and Deade like this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  14. #1314
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,801
    Rep Power
    665

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hornetguy View Post
    Save the picture you want to post, to your desktop (or some other folder, if you prefer)

    Then click on the little icon at the top of the "reply/quick reply" box... it's the third one over from the right. The far right one is the "quotes" icon, the next icon is for inserting a video, and the third one is for inserting a picture. When you click on it, a window will pop up, giving you the option of selecting a file (picture) from you computer, or from a URL (website). Click on the "select files" button, and you will be allowed to pick whatever drive you want to select the picture from (like desktop). Find your picture in the list of files in that location, and "select" it, then hit "open" in your popup window. It will then place that picture in the popup window. Then just hit "upload" and it will place the picture in your reply/quick reply. When you post your reply, the picture will show up. It's very simple... takes longer to explain it than it takes to just do it.
    I have not been able to post images that way for some time, now
    Deade likes this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  15. #1315
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,886
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    I have not been able to post images that way for some time, now
    Really? That's odd.... I haven't had any luck posting a GIF file.... Either I'm too old to figure it out, or there's something weird in my account.. I've tried probably 10 or 15 times, and they never work.
    Magenta and Deade like this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  16. #1316
    Senior Member breno785au's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2013
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,118
    Rep Power
    106

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoscopy View Post
    In the US the states with the more liberal gun carry laws have fewer muggings etc. The criminals are afraid of taking on a gun toting victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by shittim View Post
    That's what I have come to understand as well, and have heard it said, "An armed society is a polite society".

    Yet there is massacre after massacre. How many school shootings so far this year? 18 I believe. Your children are paying the price.
    Earth awaken, all creation, open up your eyes again, alive again, for Christ has torn the veil of darkness away!
    Easter - Theocracy

  17. #1317
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,886
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by breno785au View Post
    Yet there is massacre after massacre. How many school shootings so far this year? 18 I believe. Your children are paying the price.
    There have only been 2 or 3 that are the type we are discussing. Many of those 18 "school shootings" involve suicides... one man killed himself in a car in a school parking lot. Another school kid killed himself in a school bathroom....

    Here are the reported shootings. If we are going to have an intelligent discussion about this type of thing, we should deal in facts. One school shooting is too many, but to lump all these "shootings" into a discussion of mass shootings in schools is disingenuous at best. A third grader pulling the trigger on a cop's gun is hardly a "school shooting" as we are discussing.

    [QUOTE]Updated: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 12:09 P
    There have been 18 school shootings so far this year, including one that claimed 17 lives at a Florida public school Wednesday.
    Jan. 3, St. Johns, Mich.
    The first school shooting took place just three days into the new year, at East Olive Elementary School in St. Johns, Mich.
    A 31-year-old man died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the former school’s parking lot.
    Jan. 4, Seattle, Wash.
    A gunshot was fired at the New Start High School in Seattle, Wash. The round entered an office window and ended up lodged in a three-ring binder. No one was injured.
    Jan, 10 Sierra Vista, Ariz.
    A teen was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in a Coronado Elementary School bathroom.
    Jan. 10, San Bernardino, Calif.
    At least one shot was fired, shattering a California State University classroom window. No injuries were reported.
    Jan. 10, Denison, Texas
    A bullet was accidentally fired through a classroom wall at the Grayson College Criminal Justice Center. No one was injured.
    Emergency crews respond to Marshall County High School after a fatal school shooting Jan. 23 in Benton, Ky. (Ryan Hermens/AP)
    Jan. 15, Marshall, Texas
    Gunshots rang out on the Wiley College Campus in Marshall. A bullet went through a residential hall’s dorm room. No injuries were reported.
    Jan. 20, Winston-Salem, N.C.
    A Winston-Salem State University football player was shot and killed at an event at Wake Forest University.
    Jan. 22, Italy, Texas
    A teenage girl was wounded at Italy High school after a 16-year-old suspect opened fire with a semi-automatic hangun.
    Jan. 22, Gentilly, La.
    A shooting outside The NET Charter High School injured a 14-year-old boy.
    Jan. 23, Benton, Ky.
    Two people were killed and another 15 were shot at Marshall County High School.
    Jan. 25, Mobile, Ala.
    Murphy High School student Jonah Neal fired a gun on campus. No one was injured.
    Jan. 26, Dearborn, Mich.
    Shots were fired from a car in Dearborn High School's parking lot. No injuries were reported.
    Jan. 31, Pa.
    Gunshots erupted as a fight broke out outside of Lincoln High School. A 32-year-old man was shot twice and later pronounced dead.
    Feb. 1, Los Angeles, Calif.
    An accidental shooting injured five children at the Salvador B. Castro Middle School in downtown Los Angeles.
    Feb. 5, Oxon Hill, Md.
    A teen was shot outside of Oxon Hill High School. The victim survived.
    Feb. 5, Maplewood, Minn.
    A third-grader pulled the trigger on a cop's gun, firing a shot at the Harmony Learning Center. No one was injured.
    Feb. 8, New York, N.Y.
    A teen was taken into custody after a shot was fired inside Metropolitan High School. No one was injured.
    Feb. 14, Broward County, Fla.
    A former student killed 17 people at Stoneman Douglas High.
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by hornetguy; February 15th, 2018 at 02:40 PM.
    Deade likes this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  18. #1318
    Senior Member breno785au's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2013
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,118
    Rep Power
    106

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    I sort of figured the 18 events didn't equate to massacres. Thanks for the info. Even so, 2-3 so far this year, 1 per month is still unacceptable, right?
    Earth awaken, all creation, open up your eyes again, alive again, for Christ has torn the veil of darkness away!
    Easter - Theocracy

  19. #1319
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,886
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by breno785au View Post
    I sort of figured the 18 events didn't equate to massacres. Thanks for the info. Even so, 2-3 so far this year, 1 per month is still unacceptable, right?
    Absolutely! ANY school shootings are unacceptable. Unfortunately, there are no easy answers... "just do THIS, and we no longer have to worry about it".....

    There are ways to minimize it, but it will take a LOT of common sense, and a willingness to compromise on both sides of the "gun issue".

    I used to be a fairly rabid "no infringement" kind of person. But I also see that we HAVE to keep criminals, and mentally unstable people from being able to access firearms. There needs to be some middle ground where we can all meet and solve this problem without taking away the constitutional rights of citizens, or endangering our schools.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  20. #1320
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,790
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    456

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hornetguy View Post
    Absolutely! ANY school shootings are unacceptable. Unfortunately, there are no easy answers... "just do THIS, and we no longer have to worry about it".....

    There are ways to minimize it, but it will take a LOT of common sense, and a willingness to compromise on both sides of the "gun issue".

    I used to be a fairly rabid "no infringement" kind of person. But I also see that we HAVE to keep criminals, and mentally unstable people from being able to access firearms. There needs to be some middle ground where we can all meet and solve this problem without taking away the constitutional rights of citizens, or endangering our schools.
    AMEN.....there is a balance to be struck......and really at the end of the end of the day someone set on mass murder will use whatever means are available.......with today's internet....kids can google how to make numerous things that can kill many people........you can go to the local drug store or market and buy the ingredients to make a bomb, poison etc.....and we have all seen how an auto can be used......at the end of the day there really is no way to keep society free and safe all the time and from everything......
    mailmandan, hornetguy and Deade like this.

Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: January 9th, 2017, 06:09 PM
  2. People who follow you from thread to thread
    By ember in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: February 17th, 2016, 12:02 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 16th, 2013, 07:15 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: March 14th, 2013, 01:26 AM