Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1575
Like Tree1418Likes

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: The Gun Thread

  1. #1541
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,559
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Glock is a double action pistol, they don't go off when you drop it.
    Deade likes this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  2. #1542
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,952
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    That's the reason why I carry one. The model is proven all around. Except the Gen 5. Why did they have to ruin a good thing?!

    Oh yeah, that's right. Army specifications. Of course the government is to blame!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Glock is a double action pistol, they don't go off when you drop it.
    Tommy379, EarnestQ and Deade like this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  3. #1543
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,559
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    That's the reason why I carry one. The model is proven all around. Except the Gen 5. Why did they have to ruin a good thing?!

    Oh yeah, that's right. Army specifications. Of course the government is to blame!
    I haven't seen the gen 5. I think nothing is better than my gen 3.
    Deade likes this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  4. #1544
    Senior Member Huckleberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,596
    Rep Power
    44

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Glock is a double action pistol, they don't go off when you drop it.
    I believe you about the drop thing, but Glocks aren't double-action, they're striker-fired.
    A double-action is hammer-fired and can fire whether or not it's been cocked.
    My beef with striker-fired pistols is that they're not safe to carry when racked and ready.
    I know people will argue it to the death, but the triggers on these guns are stupid and dangerous.
    Deade likes this.

  5. #1545
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,778
    Rep Power
    178

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Simple.... don't drop your pistol.

    JK... I know that anything can happen, at any time. I had not heard any reports about dangers with drop testing of Sigs. I need to do more searching on that. That might just rule out the P365, which would be a shame, because it's the slimmest of all the three pistols I'm juggling (bad choice of words in this discussion, right?)

    My PT111 is striker fired, with a manual safety. I carry it cocked and locked.

    The P938 is a mini 1911, so it could be carried the same way.

    The P365.... more research is needed.
    Deade likes this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  6. #1546
    Member Lightfoot77's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Hi and nice post I used to enjoy target shooting back home in Kansas but moved to Australia in 1999. First I pray that you will all fight to keep your guns. They have been banned since the 80's over here and guess what ... the criminals all still have guns, but honest folks do not.

    This is no surprise. I believe that it was just last year where at a restaurant where people sit out doors, two rival biker gangs had a shoot out among the patrons of the restaurant in broad daylight.

    Look I'm not advocating stocking up on guns and amo and shutting ourselves up in a bunker. Anyway the media in America is bent on painting a sad picture of you with your gun problems but people over here find ways to kill others with guns or machete's, knives, ... but blaming violence on guns is silly, the problem is a moral one, not a gun issue. Please, keep your guns ....

  7. #1547
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,778
    Rep Power
    178

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot77 View Post
    Hi and nice post I used to enjoy target shooting back home in Kansas but moved to Australia in 1999. First I pray that you will all fight to keep your guns. They have been banned since the 80's over here and guess what ... the criminals all still have guns, but honest folks do not.

    This is no surprise. I believe that it was just last year where at a restaurant where people sit out doors, two rival biker gangs had a shoot out among the patrons of the restaurant in broad daylight.

    Look I'm not advocating stocking up on guns and amo and shutting ourselves up in a bunker. Anyway the media in America is bent on painting a sad picture of you with your gun problems but people over here find ways to kill others with guns or machete's, knives, ... but blaming violence on guns is silly, the problem is a moral one, not a gun issue. Please, keep your guns ....
    Well, I predict a very bleak future for you in our main stream media. They would not EVER put your story on the air, because it proves exactly what would happen here, if we let the leftists try to limit/take our firearms.

    Not only have you not fallen for the "it will make a safer society" mantra, you have the audacity to point out the very obvious flaws in the plan.
    zeroturbulence and Deade like this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  8. #1548
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    66
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    I just shared his testimony with others, we will each need to do our best to counteract the media and communist propaganda.
    Thank you for sharing your experience.
    blessings
    Desdichado, hornetguy and Deade like this.

  9. #1549
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,952
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Every Glock up until Gen 4 is comparable in reliability and wear.

    I've seen tests with Gen 5 that jam wayyyy too fast because the Army wanted ridiculous modifications.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    I haven't seen the gen 5. I think nothing is better than my gen 3.
    Deade likes this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  10. #1550
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,778
    Rep Power
    178

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    Every Glock up until Gen 4 is comparable in reliability and wear.

    I've seen tests with Gen 5 that jam wayyyy too fast because the Army wanted ridiculous modifications.
    I was going to buy a G17, and really liked the Gen3 better than the 4..... I haven't seen the 5.

    Huck, I think the Glock is technically a double action, in that it both cocks and releases the internal hammer (striker) with one pull of the trigger. So really it is a DAO, because it cannot be "cocked", and fired with a trigger pull. I believe it is partially cocked when a round is chambered, and the trigger pull completes the cocking and releasing (firing).
    Huckleberry and Deade like this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  11. #1551
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,952
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    As much as I like my Gen 4 (backstraps), I think the company would've been better off sticking with Gen 3 and start working on designs outside their line of pistols.
    Deade likes this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  12. #1552
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,559
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I believe you about the drop thing, but Glocks aren't double-action, they're striker-fired.
    A double-action is hammer-fired and can fire whether or not it's been cocked.
    My beef with striker-fired pistols is that they're not safe to carry when racked and ready.
    I know people will argue it to the death, but the triggers on these guns are stupid and dangerous.
    Actually, glock is double action. I'm an armor for it at my job. The glock requires the trigger to be squeezed to the rear, at that point, the firing pin is then moved to the rear, until it comes to a point that the trigger bar drops, then the firing pin spring forces the firing pin forward. A striker fire pistol, such as the browning designs, the striker is reset to the rear, with each cycle of the slide. Glock is truely a double action only pistol.
    Huckleberry and Deade like this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  13. #1553
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    66
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Now I understand why the trigger is lousy.
    Deade likes this.

  14. #1554
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,559
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    It's got one of the best triggers I have ever felt.

    I know Glock has become a little long in the tooth, but I just can't justfy spending more money on something else. For combat, I couldn't think of any other pistol I'd have. There are only 37 parts to a Glock. Other pistols generally have over 100. Gaston Glock is a genius. There are pistols out there, that are pretty, but I just need it to send hot lead down range.
    Desdichado and Deade like this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  15. #1555
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    66
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    I have S&W and Colt revolvers with beautiful triggers.
    Glock feels like the old bumper jack. Glock is good at what it does
    and what it is for, all of mine are.
    best wishes
    Deade likes this.

  16. #1556
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,757
    Blog Entries
    21
    Rep Power
    251

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Glocks are great for launching grenades too..

    Desdichado, EarnestQ and Deade like this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point".
    - A Retired Minister
    ‚Äč
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Milk talk who in the land of taco are you posting to?

  17. #1557
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    66
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    that is interesting! ha!
    zeroturbulence and Deade like this.

  18. #1558
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,778
    Rep Power
    178

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    I just read on a website about testing of the P365. Apparently Sig has upped the drop testing to be quite a bit more intense than for the P320.
    Testing
    Based on their experience with the P320, SIG developed an entirely new, enhanced drop test protocol for duty handguns. They dropped the P365, 574 times in 26 orientations as well as five drops at 6 feet on concrete.
    This gives me a better feeling about the P365. I still need to hold one, to see how it feels.
    Desdichado likes this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  19. #1559
    Senior Member EarnestQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    Glocks are great for launching grenades too..



    It looks like the kind of thing I might consider for concealed carry. lol
    zeroturbulence and Deade like this.
    The best way to help others understand and experience God's love better is to understand and experience it better yourself.

    Understanding and experiencing God's love better everyday is the most important task for anyone who considers him/herself to be a Christian.


    Love without truth is deception. Truth without love is arrogance. God's love and God's truth balanced is God's wisdom.

    The more one promotes himself and/or his ideas, the less he cares about eternal life for others.

  20. #1560
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,952
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: The Gun Thread

    Oh c'mon. I'm a Glock man too, but nothing beats the pull of a well-tuned 1911.

    That said I think a good trigger will work well enough for self-defense purposes. So long as it doesn't have one of those New York pulls.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    It's got one of the best triggers I have ever felt.

    I know Glock has become a little long in the tooth, but I just can't justfy spending more money on something else. For combat, I couldn't think of any other pistol I'd have. There are only 37 parts to a Glock. Other pistols generally have over 100. Gaston Glock is a genius. There are pistols out there, that are pretty, but I just need it to send hot lead down range.
    Deade likes this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: January 9th, 2017, 06:09 PM
  2. People who follow you from thread to thread
    By ember in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: February 17th, 2016, 12:02 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 16th, 2013, 07:15 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: March 14th, 2013, 01:26 AM