To those to whom it is applicable, the 80's rule! I'm 40 years old and the 80s were my childhood realities. There were very specific rules to the happy existence of the 80's:
* Pope John Paul II was Pope (just as a reference, I'm not Catholic)
* President Ronald Reagan was the president
* Hulk Hogan was the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion
* NY Mets were the World Series winners of 1986
* NY Giants won the Superbowl of 1987
These were fond memories; maybe the world fell apart after President Reagan left office!
What are your fond memories of childhood?