Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree36Likes
  • 5 Post By notworthy901
  • 5 Post By Pemican
  • 7 Post By Pemican
  • 6 Post By tourist
  • 2 Post By Born_Again
  • 1 Post By notworthy901
  • 2 Post By tourist
  • 1 Post By notworthy901
  • 4 Post By Depleted
  • 1 Post By maxwel
  • 2 Post By hornetguy

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2017
    Age
    31
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    I mean no disrespect to this forum. I don't have many friends myself. I have a couple. But as Ive come here for a few years I have noticed much about this forum. I could be wrong but I feel like 85 percent of the people that come here, A) do not have any friends which is why they are here in the first place. 2) tend to be wrapped up in their heads, absorbed in their thoughts. And tend to overanalyze people and situations way too much. 3) exhibit a highly religious front and act overly spiritual to compensate for their short comings. 4) tend to be wise in their own eyes.


    You see. There is a difference between being spiritual and being religious. Religious people exhibit fake spiritual front to please man and gain the acceptance and recognition of man. Spiritual people are only out to please God.
    I say this not to say I am better than everyone here. Or that I am perfect myself. But I feel like the people here need to hear this.


    Go outside more often. There is a big world outside of this forum waiting for you to take advantage of it and enjoy life, build meaningful relationships, and even get married. I know its not always easy to make new friends. But go outside and talk to people more often. You will make friends if you trust God and live a humble and content life at the same time. Do not become desperate for friends or feel bad because you are alone. Follow the word and be content and humble and people will naturally be drawn to you.

    Go to church. Not just to worship God. Join a group. If the church doesn't have one go to another one.

    Keep coming to the forum. Just don't let this be your only outlet. I see a great amount of people here are wise in their own eyes as the bible says. And they aren't as wise as they think they are. I don't think of myself a wise. But I know that the majority here aren't either. At least not as wise as they think they are. Please don't take this as a disrespect to the forum. The bible says the bruises of a friend are better than the kisses of an enemy. Consider me a friend. I'm telling you to get off your computers and go outside. This may make you feel bad, it may not but its something many people here need to hear. I like coming here. But I realize many of the people are way to enveloped in this forum. And if they would just humble theirselves and go out and conquer their fears of the world then I think they would lead much happier and fulflilling lives. Sorry if I seem insulting. But I see way too many people here that need to hear this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pemican's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2014
    Age
    65
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    I tend to agree with this. There are a lot of people here with the wrong motivation. Then again there are some people here who are isolated or have serious illnesses that have no way to get out. This may be one of the few outlets they have.
    The Christian way of life is logical not mystical.

    "Do not be afraid any longer, only believe." (Mar 5:36)
    ... grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18)
    And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, ... (Rm 12:2)

    The eternal God is a dwelling place, And underneath are the everlasting arms; (Deu 33:27)

  3. #3
    Senior Member Pemican's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2014
    Age
    65
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    I find myself posting less and less because I stop long enough to check my own attitude and motivation about what I am saying and why. Is our focus on Christ or on ourselves?
    The Christian way of life is logical not mystical.

    "Do not be afraid any longer, only believe." (Mar 5:36)
    ... grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18)
    And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, ... (Rm 12:2)

    The eternal God is a dwelling place, And underneath are the everlasting arms; (Deu 33:27)

  4. #4
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    14,013
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    Were you here in the past as a member? There are a lot of reasons why people join and then stick actively around, sometimes for years. I have met many wonderful people on this site, including my wife and for me these people are real and not virtual.

    I agree with you in that people should not let their fears from hindering them from enjoying life. I believe that most of the members here who are active in the forums are also active in living out their lives with the best that God has given them. For some, participating on this site is a ministry from God and I certainly would not want to discourage anyone.

    Life is not easy at times and there are usually ups and downs. I'm a graduate of the school of Hard Knocks myself, I've been there, done that and got the T-shirt. This is true for the members that I know and have come to care about as well.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Born_Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,473
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by notworthy901 View Post
    I mean no disrespect to this forum. I don't have many friends myself. I have a couple. But as Ive come here for a few years I have noticed much about this forum. I could be wrong but I feel like 85 percent of the people that come here, A) do not have any friends which is why they are here in the first place. 2) tend to be wrapped up in their heads, absorbed in their thoughts. And tend to overanalyze people and situations way too much. 3) exhibit a highly religious front and act overly spiritual to compensate for their short comings. 4) tend to be wise in their own eyes.


    You see. There is a difference between being spiritual and being religious. Religious people exhibit fake spiritual front to please man and gain the acceptance and recognition of man. Spiritual people are only out to please God.
    I say this not to say I am better than everyone here. Or that I am perfect myself. But I feel like the people here need to hear this.


    Go outside more often. There is a big world outside of this forum waiting for you to take advantage of it and enjoy life, build meaningful relationships, and even get married. I know its not always easy to make new friends. But go outside and talk to people more often. You will make friends if you trust God and live a humble and content life at the same time. Do not become desperate for friends or feel bad because you are alone. Follow the word and be content and humble and people will naturally be drawn to you.

    Go to church. Not just to worship God. Join a group. If the church doesn't have one go to another one.

    Keep coming to the forum. Just don't let this be your only outlet. I see a great amount of people here are wise in their own eyes as the bible says. And they aren't as wise as they think they are. I don't think of myself a wise. But I know that the majority here aren't either. At least not as wise as they think they are. Please don't take this as a disrespect to the forum. The bible says the bruises of a friend are better than the kisses of an enemy. Consider me a friend. I'm telling you to get off your computers and go outside. This may make you feel bad, it may not but its something many people here need to hear. I like coming here. But I realize many of the people are way to enveloped in this forum. And if they would just humble theirselves and go out and conquer their fears of the world then I think they would lead much happier and fulflilling lives. Sorry if I seem insulting. But I see way too many people here that need to hear this.
    Dude, I've been saying this for a long time.... This isnt the first time this has been pointed out on here. I agree with this.
    tourist and notworthy901 like this.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2017
    Age
    31
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    I'm not much of a transparent person. I don't tell people my personal business. But I know what its like to be alone and not know how to break out of that prison. If anyone wants to hear my testimony feel free to pm me and I will share it with you. I do not post my personal business on forums for everyone to see however.
    Born_Again likes this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    14,013
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by notworthy901 View Post
    I'm not much of a transparent person. I don't tell people my personal business. But I know what its like to be alone and not know how to break out of that prison. If anyone wants to hear my testimony feel free to pm me and I will share it with you. I do not post my personal business on forums for everyone to see however.
    Unfortunately, that would make it quite hard to get to know the real you and would benefit no one.
    blue_ladybug and Depleted like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2017
    Age
    31
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    Unfortunately, that would make it quite hard to get to know the real you and would benefit no one.
    No. You misinterpreted what I was saying. I was saying that I do not post my personal business on the internet for the whole world to see. But I will share it with people if they pm me privately.
    Born_Again likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    14,013
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    As long as you don't give out your name, address, email account and phone number you should be OK. For instance, you could talk about your job but it perhaps it would be prudent not to name the business if it is a small business. I wish you well and hope that this site is edifying and uplifting for you.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    60
    Posts
    11,494
    Rep Power
    146

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by notworthy901 View Post
    No. You misinterpreted what I was saying. I was saying that I do not post my personal business on the internet for the whole world to see. But I will share it with people if they pm me privately.
    Well, if Tourist did misunderstand, (and I don't think he did), then I'm not misunderstanding. If this was IRL, it is sort of like you're in a corner at a gathering with a poster in front of you saying, "If you want to get to know me, invite me out for some coffee or a date."

    No one is going to do that until you say something that interest them enough. And that "something" has to be something that shows who you are... personally. (Because blaming this on everyone else rarely works.) Otherwise, we may even take the time to read your sign before going about our reason to be at the gathering.

    Oh, and yeah. I'm here because I'm disabled, so being out of my house for more than 1.5 hours is a big challenge to me. Doable, but in the doing, I get extra pain the next few days. I am fully aware there are people outside my little door. I'm just unable to spend the physical expense of creating friendships with them. It physically hurts more to do that, and I'm not big on extra pain. I'm not even big on the chronic pain, so I pick my battles.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  11. #11
    Senior Member Born_Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,473
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by notworthy901 View Post
    No. You misinterpreted what I was saying. I was saying that I do not post my personal business on the internet for the whole world to see. But I will share it with people if they pm me privately.
    This makes sense. Think about it... If you see someone you want to know do you think "Gee, I hope they start talking randomly so I can get to know them"? Noooo, you go up and ask them. Thats how social interaction works, people. I'm particularly dumbfounded that this was even challenged.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2017
    Age
    31
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Born_Again View Post
    This makes sense. Think about it... If you see someone you want to know do you think "Gee, I hope they start talking randomly so I can get to know them"? Noooo, you go up and ask them. Thats how social interaction works, people. I'm particularly dumbfounded that this was even challenged.
    Well, you don't have to have impeccable social skills or be incredibly confident to be sociable and make friends or associates. But you do need to be somewhat pleasant to be around and share something in common with the person you are talking to. But, thing is my post wasn't really aimed at people that are much much older than me. It was really aimed at people more in my age group and a little older. Because as you age its natural to get out less and be less sociable although its still good to go to church and socialize with others in many instances.

  13. #13
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    84

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by notworthy901 View Post
    Well, you don't have to have impeccable social skills or be incredibly confident to be sociable and make friends or associates. But you do need to be somewhat pleasant to be around and share something in common with the person you are talking to.

    These wise laws for communication are being kindly gifted to our lowly selves by a guy who's on this same forum begging for advice, because he's SO BAD AT COMMUNICATING, that he has no clue how to speak to a girl, call a girl, or even text a girl.



    Notworthy901,

    Give it a rest.
    blue_ladybug likes this.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2017
    Age
    31
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    Dear Mr. Pissed off internet troll,


    I am sorry to have angered you. Since I am so clueless on women why don't you post pictures of yourself and all the beautiful women that you have acquired. Since you are such a success. But if a post like this angers you I highly doubt that to be the case. Im thinking you couldn't get a woman to look in your direction if you were wearing a clown suit.
    Secondly, I was not giving advice on how to catch a woman. So what you said was completely irrelevant. I was giving advice on how make more friends. Which I don't claim to be an expert on making new friends. But I think it was sound advice. Nice try.

    thirdly, get off the internet. Do something to improve your situation, instead of hating on people on internet forums because you hate your own life. Love yourself more and do something to improve your own situation, so you don't have to attack people on the internet with more sense than you. Simply because what they said makes you feel bad.

  15. #15
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,693
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by notworthy901 View Post
    Dear Mr. Pissed off internet troll,


    I am sorry to have angered you. Since I am so clueless on women why don't you post pictures of yourself and all the beautiful women that you have acquired. Since you are such a success. But if a post like this angers you I highly doubt that to be the case. Im thinking you couldn't get a woman to look in your direction if you were wearing a clown suit.
    Secondly, I was not giving advice on how to catch a woman. So what you said was completely irrelevant. I was giving advice on how make more friends. Which I don't claim to be an expert on making new friends. But I think it was sound advice. Nice try.

    thirdly, get off the internet. Do something to improve your situation, instead of hating on people on internet forums because you hate your own life. Love yourself more and do something to improve your own situation, so you don't have to attack people on the internet with more sense than you. Simply because what they said makes you feel bad.
    Perhaps you should lurk a little longer and get to know people on this forum a bit better, before you start calling people names....

    Maxwell ain't no troll.... and he doesn't play one on TV, either.

    He's just pretty gifted at seeing things the way they are (even with only the one eye )..... and he usually displays a pretty sharp wit....

    So, let the buyer beware...

    Just sayin.....
    tourist and NotmebutHim like this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  16. #16
    Senior Member NotmebutHim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2015
    Age
    40
    Posts
    716
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    Hey Maxwel and Hornetguy,

    Y'all sure y'all ain't robots or shapeshifters?

    j/k


  17. #17
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    84

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by notworthy901 View Post
    Dear Mr. Pissed off internet troll,


    I am sorry to have angered you. Since I am so clueless on women why don't you post pictures of yourself and all the beautiful women that you have acquired. Since you are such a success. But if a post like this angers you I highly doubt that to be the case. Im thinking you couldn't get a woman to look in your direction if you were wearing a clown suit.
    Secondly, I was not giving advice on how to catch a woman. So what you said was completely irrelevant. I was giving advice on how make more friends. Which I don't claim to be an expert on making new friends. But I think it was sound advice. Nice try.

    thirdly, get off the internet. Do something to improve your situation, instead of hating on people on internet forums because you hate your own life. Love yourself more and do something to improve your own situation, so you don't have to attack people on the internet with more sense than you. Simply because what they said makes you feel bad.

    My previous post was just to point out some contradictions in your behavior.

    Here you are doing it again.


    1. You tell me to "get off the internet", because I should be out "doing something"....
    and yet here YOU are, wasting your time on the internet, instead of out "doing something."

    2. You rail on me about the evils of "attacking people on the internet"....
    and here YOU are, attacking me on the internet.

    3. You accuse me of being angry...
    but YOU are the one calling someone names, like "troll", and insulting someone's personal life, because you're unable to accept criticism.

    4. You claim to be "giving advice on how to make more friends"...
    but here you are, insulting someone, calling him names, and telling him to "get off the internet".



    Extraordinary.

    Last edited by maxwel; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:39 PM.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2017
    Age
    31
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Harsh words but loving words that people need to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    My previous post was just to point out some contradictions in your behavior.

    Here you are doing it again.


    1. You tell me to "get off the internet", because I should be out "doing something"....
    and yet here YOU are, wasting your time on the internet, instead of out "doing something."

    2. You rail on me about the evils of "attacking people on the internet"....
    and here YOU are, attacking me on the internet.

    3. You accuse me of being angry...
    but YOU are the one calling someone names, like "troll", and insulting someone's personal life, because you're unable to accept criticism.

    4. You claim to be "giving advice on how to make more friends"...
    but here you are, insulting someone, calling him names, and telling him to "get off the internet".



    Extraordinary.

    While you were on the internet trollfully crafting your next response, I was out chatting up a real woman. A beautiful one. So think about that while you live in your cave trolling and attacking people without using proper logic and without justifiable reason. Go make things happen. Take this as motivation. Not me defending my ego. I'm motivating you to do better. lol.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 29th, 2016, 08:55 AM
  2. The Effects of Harsh Scolding Words
    By RememberTheSabbathDay in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 24th, 2015, 10:52 PM
  3. Why do we cringe when we hear the words ....
    By violakat in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 23rd, 2015, 04:51 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 24th, 2013, 12:48 PM
  5. hear my words but do not keep them?
    By OwenHeidenreich in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: June 25th, 2013, 03:41 AM