Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 80 of 80
Like Tree191Likes

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: Daily Adventure Journal

  1. #61
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,638
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    198

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Hey tourist a riddle for you.

    Spell out the word SHOP at least twenty times, do this before reading anything
    else.



    Then quickly answer the next question...







    What do you do when you come to a green light. St.......
    tourist likes this.
    He is God and
    we are not.

  2. #62
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,668
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    270

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    I've heard of people talking about running stop signs - what are they?

    Are they like traffic lights? I don't think we have many stop signs in the
    Uk. People just stop at junctions, give way signs, traffic lights etc.
    We are more likely to get caught out by speed cameras I think.
    Yes, they are like traffic lights and used on streets that with less traffic than a main thoroughfare. I did come to a stop but it was a rolling stop and not a complete stop. I almost always come to a complete stop but I guess not this time. I was fortunate that I was let go with just a warning. I will be more careful in the future. On some busy intersections we have traffic cameras also.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  3. #63
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,668
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    270

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Hey tourist a riddle for you.

    Spell out the word SHOP at least twenty times, do this before reading anything
    else.



    Then quickly answer the next question...







    What do you do when you come to a green light. St.......
    Well, the most prudent course of action would to keep going and not SHOP, er, STOP. That was very clever Miri, I almost typed STOP.
    Miri likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,638
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    198

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Who....me.....what did I do. Lol

    6269.gif
    tourist likes this.
    He is God and
    we are not.

  5. #65
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,668
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    270

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    It's starting to look like the hurricane is going to go right up the state of Florida sometime this weekend. I work Thursday through Sunday and it is highly likely that work will be cancelled for Sunday but I will find out more in the next couple days. While I hate missing work my wife and home come first. I probably could make up for the missing day by working an unscheduled day during next week providing the facility has power and the roads are passable. Lot of 'ifs' right now.

    The thing is that if the hurricane goes directly north through the state there is no where really to go and even if there were the main highways would be clogged with cars and would turn into a parking lot. We may be hunkering down here after all.

    I will be monitoring the storm very closely.
    '
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  6. #66
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,163
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    It's starting to look like the hurricane is going to go right up the state of Florida sometime this weekend. I work Thursday through Sunday and it is highly likely that work will be cancelled for Sunday but I will find out more in the next couple days. While I hate missing work my wife and home come first. I probably could make up for the missing day by working an unscheduled day during next week providing the facility has power and the roads are passable. Lot of 'ifs' right now.

    The thing is that if the hurricane goes directly north through the state there is no where really to go and even if there were the main highways would be clogged with cars and would turn into a parking lot. We may be hunkering down here after all.

    I will be monitoring the storm very closely.
    '
    If the storm hits, I don't think anyone will blame you for missing work.. .and if someone does... send them to me and I'll have a little "talk" with them....

    tourist likes this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point!!!"
    - A Retired Minister
    ‚Äč
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??



  7. #67
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,668
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    270

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    If the storm hits, I don't think anyone will blame you for missing work.. .and if someone does... send them to me and I'll have a little "talk" with them....

    Thank you my friend.
    zeroturbulence likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,311
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    263

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    It's starting to look like the hurricane is going to go right up the state of Florida sometime this weekend. I work Thursday through Sunday and it is highly likely that work will be cancelled for Sunday but I will find out more in the next couple days. While I hate missing work my wife and home come first. I probably could make up for the missing day by working an unscheduled day during next week providing the facility has power and the roads are passable. Lot of 'ifs' right now.

    The thing is that if the hurricane goes directly north through the state there is no where really to go and even if there were the main highways would be clogged with cars and would turn into a parking lot. We may be hunkering down here after all.

    I will be monitoring the storm very closely.
    '
    I don't know what you do for work, but I was a bookkeeper when Philly was shut down for a week from The Mother of All Storms. I had to do something with the books, (can't remember what anymore), so took them home with me for a weekend. Ended up working great. The factory was closed for the week, but I had enough work to do, (including sending out bills for jobs and creating a computerized invoice), during that week that I was paid the full week. (And, I didn't get interrupted by phone calls or bosses. Yippee!)

    Just a thought, if you can take work home.
    blue_ladybug and tourist like this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  9. #69
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,668
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    270

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    I don't know what you do for work, but I was a bookkeeper when Philly was shut down for a week from The Mother of All Storms. I had to do something with the books, (can't remember what anymore), so took them home with me for a weekend. Ended up working great. The factory was closed for the week, but I had enough work to do, (including sending out bills for jobs and creating a computerized invoice), during that week that I was paid the full week. (And, I didn't get interrupted by phone calls or bosses. Yippee!)

    Just a thought, if you can take work home.
    I work in a distribution center. Definitely don't want to take work home.
    Depleted likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,638
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    198

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    When I was a young un at school, we had "snow days" it was when the teachers
    couldn't get to school on time due to snow, so they sent the pupils home.

    We loved snow days. It snowed feet deep.

    Now we only seem to get a few inches of snow.
    tourist likes this.
    He is God and
    we are not.

  11. #71
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,668
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    270

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    When I was a young un at school, we had "snow days" it was when the teachers
    couldn't get to school on time due to snow, so they sent the pupils home.

    We loved snow days. It snowed feet deep.

    Now we only seem to get a few inches of snow.
    I grew up in Michigan and there were many snow day. I have found through the years that when things change it's usually for the worse and not better. Nothing like the good old days.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  12. #72
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,668
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    270

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Looks like the area where I live in Florida is going to take a direct hit from the hurricane. I pray for our safety and that our home and car make it through it OK. We will probably lose power for a few days and that's not a good thing living in Florida. Hopefully I will be able to get back to work next weekend. This storm has already impacted our financial situation but not yet adversely. I pray also for all of those in Florida that live on the Gulf coast. God help us all.
    JesusLives and oldethennew like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,638
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    198

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Praying for you.
    tourist and oldethennew like this.
    He is God and
    we are not.

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,964
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    North Florida, outside of Jax.

    last nite, we had intermittent 'down-pours', for about 4hrs., the very backyard is real flooded,
    and parts of the pasture have birthed ponds -

    we decided to 'board-in' our W-3small kitchen windows, which face the back yard:
    mind you, we have never, ever boarded up anything and just accepted that our two-open garages would flood,
    we have a lot of stuff up on bricks,
    including water--heater, it's on cinder blocks, just trying to give ya'll an idea of how & where we live
    down-heah...just sharing - anyway, since the backyards flooded, we have to treck back and forth through,
    maybe anywhere between 4 to 8in. of pure mud - I finally just kicked-off my boots, because they
    wouldn't stay on, and just walked in my socks; almost done - 'getting-up' that piece of rain-soaked,
    8x4 plywood, between the two-of us, (me, can't help very much, and him, worn-out and getting OLD', lol...


    the ladder kept sinking, our feet keep sinking, I dropped one end of the plywood, and it sunk, and it
    liked to have done me in pulling it out; guess what? we got it all done B&S's, and how did we do this???
    by His Grace and Love, He always makes a WAY, angels and all...
    JesusLives likes this.

  15. #75
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,668
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    270

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Praying for you.
    God bless you my friend.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  16. #76
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,668
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    270

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    We are still about 10 hours away from the worst of the hurricane. Before it hit Florida it shifted east about 20 miles which will make a major difference in the strength of the storm by the time it hits my area in Clearwater. Right now it is a Cat 2 but will probably be a weak Cat 2 or a Cat 1 by the time the eye, or what's left of it passes 20 - 25 miles to the east. Only about an inch of rain so far but 8 - 10 inches still predicated but the big thing is the wind speed that is dropping. The forward momentum has increased from 9 to 14 miles an hour and that is a good thing as it won't be lingering dropping a lot of rain. There will probably be some storm surge but we are about 7 - 8 miles from the gulf so there probably won't be any flooding from this. Hopefully there won't be any flooding at all. We still have power but expect to lose it in the next hour or two, maybe 3. Hopefully, it will be restored within a day as we live in a busy area that will probably receive priority in repairs and restoration of power. So far it hasn't been too bad here but that could always change.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  17. #77
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,668
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    270

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    We survived the hurricane intact. The only damage was to a slat in our fence which blew off. I fixed that in 2 minutes. No damage at all to our town home, car or possessions. In the complex where we lived just a few tree limbs were lost. Things are mostly cleaned up.

    We lost power at 8 PM Sunday and it was just restored 45 minutes ago. We didn't lose any food in the fridge or the freezer as we let our refrigerated food dwindle down before the hurricane to minimize loss. Yesterday we dropped some freezer items off at a friend who had power. Wife will pick up some of this today and leave him whatever he needs and she will stop off at the grocery store to pick up additional items.

    The plant where I worked reopened yesterday. I'm on a Thursday thru Sunday schedule but I will go to work a day early to partially make up for losing last Saturday and Sunday.

    We got a major break when the hurricane shifted 30 miles to the east before hitting Florida, otherwise it would have maintained strength before hitting St. Petersburg. If that would have happened there would have been major damage to our home, our possessions and possibly our car.

    There is still a gasoline shortage but we have 3/4 of a tank so we're be OK. A lot of stores are still closed but most stores and businesses will reopen later today or tomorrow.

    Things are returning to normal where we live in the Sunshine State. Thank God.

    Seriously.
    Miri, JesusLives, Magenta and 1 others like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  18. #78
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    17,901
    Rep Power
    360

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    We survived the hurricane intact. The only damage was to a slat in our fence which blew off. I fixed that in 2 minutes. No damage at all to our town home, car or possessions. In the complex where we lived just a few tree limbs were lost. Things are mostly cleaned up.

    We lost power at 8 PM Sunday and it was just restored 45 minutes ago. We didn't lose any food in the fridge or the freezer as we let our refrigerated food dwindle down before the hurricane to minimize loss. Yesterday we dropped some freezer items off at a friend who had power. Wife will pick up some of this today and leave him whatever he needs and she will stop off at the grocery store to pick up additional items.

    The plant where I worked reopened yesterday. I'm on a Thursday thru Sunday schedule but I will go to work a day early to partially make up for losing last Saturday and Sunday.

    We got a major break when the hurricane shifted 30 miles to the east before hitting Florida, otherwise it would have maintained strength before hitting St. Petersburg. If that would have happened there would have been major damage to our home, our possessions and possibly our car.

    There is still a gasoline shortage but we have 3/4 of a tank so we're be OK. A lot of stores are still closed but most stores and businesses will reopen tomorrow.

    Things are returning to normal where we live in the Sunshine State. Thank God.

    Seriously.
    Glad to hear that, Jerry!


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  19. #79
    Senior Member JesusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2013
    Age
    62
    Posts
    11,998
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    263

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Does it transform into a giant CGI robot?




    ....cause that would be even cooler.
    I'm not sure what Rogue does at night when he is on his own.

  20. #80
    Senior Member p_rehbein's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2013
    Age
    67
    Posts
    21,347
    Blog Entries
    40
    Rep Power
    198

    Default Re: Daily Adventure Journal

    14ab.gif

    Dear Diary:

    Remember to be thankful for invisible ink..........
    tourist and oldethennew like this.
    Hebrews 13:5 .) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
    6 .) So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Blain's journal
    By Blain in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2015, 09:18 PM
  2. My Personal Journal to God
    By Blain in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 16th, 2013, 04:32 PM
  3. Prayer journal
    By ShyForHim in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 21st, 2013, 10:01 PM
  4. Adventure
    By Swuavea in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 15th, 2013, 06:37 PM
  5. help with prayer journal
    By michaelcarter in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 21st, 2010, 12:27 PM