Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
Like Tree11Likes

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

  1. #1


    88
    88 is offline
    Senior Member 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,389
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    39

    Default How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    1. Live for God Yourself. 2. Don' t bug the heck out of them. 3. Pray and believe God (there is a time factor). 4. Get others to agree with you for their salvation. **** I will share more later...
    Blain and Iamlearning like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,389
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    179

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Love is action not a hammering I believe that preaching and speaking the gospel is always good but I have seen people change most when they see an unusual living of kindness love and mercy. It's kind of scary how rare such a life is and why people are so amazed to see it
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  3. #3
    Senior Member Iamlearning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2017
    Age
    38
    Posts
    191
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    For the purpose of discussion! I have to share my experience as regards this, I did absolutely the opposite to my poor family, great shame on me, after I got seriously sick with OCD and anxiety in October. 1. I lived my life being continually stalked by my terrible doubts and obsessions. 2. I tortured my poor family with my malady, may God please forgive me please LORD I feel so ashamed. 3. I prayed in the midst of my suffering but they started praying too and very fiercely. They were lukewarm (I was also lukewarm before). 4. During my meltdowns shame on me I pestered them with my doubts, negative thoughts, terrors and scruples and the three of us have learned about endurance and sacrifice.

    I was arrogant and world ambitious before falling sick, my mum was indiferent and somehow sarcastic and she liked alcohol a little too much, and my husband was quite cold and aggressive and only cared about Warhammer. Now I can see that my illness has really changed my family, husband stopped being aggressive altogether and now he controls the Warhammer addiction, converted, started praying every day (he had been a dark heavy metal boy no less). My mother abandoned alcohol and sarcasm and started to pray with humbleness and mercy. And I sent my pride down the gutter where it still is with the rest of the world's cruop, being embraced by my new terrifying identity of suffering and sacrifice. We're learning a lot about humbleness and acceptance and trusting God instead of being lukewarm sarcastics. Even people like us may have hope to be touched by God for conversion via being pushed beyond our limits.

    What do you think, do you agree? Many many Blessings and Love
    Rosemaryx likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    4,984
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    well first off(no offense intended) your title of this thread implies that people can get people saved which is not true because getting saved is an individual,personal,and important conversation between you and God not something that anyone can just do nor can someone save anyone all we can do is encourage others to want to be saved by answering questions having compassion and not forcing them into any part of being saved nor baptism for then what is done is of no effect because if they don't truely want to be saved or baptized to serve God and accept Jesus as their savior,by willing choice then they are still lost and will need guidance from someone who actually cares for their soul enough to explain that being saved and baptized are both to be done willingly in order to serve the lord because if you don't have any thought to either one and go through some ceremony yet you don't want to then think on it,how can you care for God if what you do or believe is according to what others want you to do or believe? why doesn't this work?because even though these two things are important to salvation and working for God each must be acted upon willingly,not by force because anything based on lieing is of no use,because if you go through something just to satisfy others "supposedly" for God and not because you want to then after you go through it you have "lied" to God thereby making what you have gone through not actually done at all and in need of going through again by "true"choice because then it is "Real" instead of phony,remember to know about self righteousness,that it is as filthy rags,because anything of God that you have fooled your mind into believing that you have done when in reality you have not is "self righteousness" not "righteousness" because working for God all around is a choice that all must make on their own because what use is one who is spiritually blind to their wrong doings to God nor cannot honestly work for God,it's all about humbleness knowing that you sin and you want to be saved so you can change,not going around telling others to change because if you aren't different because of God's help then how can you teach others to come to God?!

  5. #5


    88
    88 is offline
    Senior Member 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,389
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamlearning View Post
    For the purpose of discussion! I have to share my experience as regards this, I did absolutely the opposite to my poor family, great shame on me, after I got seriously sick with OCD and anxiety in October. 1. I lived my life being continually stalked by my terrible doubts and obsessions. 2. I tortured my poor family with my malady, may God please forgive me please LORD I feel so ashamed. 3. I prayed in the midst of my suffering but they started praying too and very fiercely. They were lukewarm (I was also lukewarm before). 4. During my meltdowns shame on me I pestered them with my doubts, negative thoughts, terrors and scruples and the three of us have learned about endurance and sacrifice.

    I was arrogant and world ambitious before falling sick, my mum was indiferent and somehow sarcastic and she liked alcohol a little too much, and my husband was quite cold and aggressive and only cared about Warhammer. Now I can see that my illness has really changed my family, husband stopped being aggressive altogether and now he controls the Warhammer addiction, converted, started praying every day (he had been a dark heavy metal boy no less). My mother abandoned alcohol and sarcasm and started to pray with humbleness and mercy. And I sent my pride down the gutter where it still is with the rest of the world's cruop, being embraced by my new terrifying identity of suffering and sacrifice. We're learning a lot about humbleness and acceptance and trusting God instead of being lukewarm sarcastics. Even people like us may have hope to be touched by God for conversion via being pushed beyond our limits.

    What do you think, do you agree? Many many Blessings and Love
    *** God yearns for relationship*** a lukewarm state opposes fellowship with God***God allows our lives to be shaken so we can be stirred...
    Rosemaryx and Iamlearning like this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Iamlearning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2017
    Age
    38
    Posts
    191
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Quote Originally Posted by 88 View Post
    *** God yearns for relationship*** a lukewarm state opposes fellowship with God***God allows our lives to be shaken so we can be stirred...

    Thank you for your kind response, I was worried stating this fearing rejection but I want to be sincere in these forums. I will keep your words. God bless you always
    SparkleEyes likes this.

  7. #7


    88
    88 is offline
    Senior Member 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,389
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Quote Originally Posted by 88 View Post
    1. Live for God Yourself. 2. Don' t bug the heck out of them. 3. Pray and believe God (there is a time factor). 4. Get others to agree with you for their salvation. **** I will share more later...
    *** be persistent in prayer*** God is working...

  8. #8
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,405
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    265

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Quote Originally Posted by 88 View Post
    1. Live for God Yourself. 2. Don' t bug the heck out of them. 3. Pray and believe God (there is a time factor). 4. Get others to agree with you for their salvation. **** I will share more later...
    Did this. Isn't working. Time is now a factor. What's next?
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    826
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Just present facts and if needed do all of the homework for them in proving the facts,in my experience those that don't see for themselves after that probably never will,that's all that you can do really, because it is about the choice.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    826
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Just think practically, if it ain't my family then who's?

  11. #11
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,405
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    265

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Still waiting for Part 2 of this great plan, since Part 1 hasn't worked.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  12. #12


    88
    88 is offline
    Senior Member 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,389
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    Did this. Isn't working. Time is now a factor. What's next?
    *** my daughter left the Church and the things of God at 18*** she traveled with a bunch of crazy musicians playing in bars across the country***I started praying and after a year I asked God to "speed it up"*** Be said He was working and time was involved*** after 6 years she had a bad drug experience and turned totally back to God*** she has been Christian and right with God now for 3 years*** continue to believe*** if I told you how I got saved you would realize we need persistence to let God work*** through faith and patience we inherit the promises of God (Hebrews 6:12)...
    Rosemaryx likes this.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2016
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Well, we could see what God says about this in His Word...

    Praying for the Lost
    Use these scriptures to make prayers to pray over those that are lost.



    1) Matthew 12:29
    "Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house."

    We should bind the devil from working in their lives, and take authority over the enemy. In Luke 10:19 Jesus said "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power (authority) of the enemy". Jesus has given us authority to take authority over the enemy. We must exercise our authority by speaking out these scriptures against the enemy. God's Word MUST be declared over them in faith continually, and consistently if you ever expect to see the person(s) you're praying for come to Jesus.


    2) Matthew 16:19
    "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

    Declare (out loud) in faith that you are binding the devil's ability to work in their lives, and declare (out loud) in faith that the person you are praying for is loosed from the control of the devil and all carnal influences of darkness in the world.


    3) Mark 16:17
    "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues".

    Demand (out loud) in faith that you are casting the devil out of their life! Jesus has given us power and authority to do this, and He will see to it that this is carried out if we don't give up and quit standing on this promise.


    4) 2 Corinthians 10:4,5
    For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

    Speaking God's Word (promises of freedom) over someone's life is mighty through God for getting the results of pulling down strongholds (enemy activity) in people's lives.


    5) Luke 10:2
    Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth laborers into his harvest. (Also see: Matthew 9:38)

    Declare (out loud) in faith that laborers (witnesses of the Gospel) are continually coming into their lives to declare the goodness of Jesus and His desire to set them free from darkness.


    6) 2 Corinthians 4:4
    In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

    Declare (out loud) in faith that their minds are no longer darkened and the light of the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ is now shining on them, and in their minds (understanding, vision, ability to see what is right)


    7) Ephesians 1:17,18
    That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints.

    Declare (outloud) in faith that the eyes of their understanding (their mind, vision, ability to see) are now opened and declare that they have the ability to see what is right.


    8) Hebrews 1:14
    Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

    Declare (out loud) in faith that God's angels have already been sent forth to minister salvation (deliverance, freedom) to the person you're praying for by bringing witnesses of the Gospel to them, by protecting them from destruction, and by ministering thoughts of the promises in God's Word to their thoughts.


    9) 2 Timothy 2:24-26
    And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
    In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
    And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.


    When attempting to reach the lost, they are the ones who have to make the decision to turn away from darkness and become converted to the Kingdom of God thru Jesus Christ... we have to be gentle in our attempt to teach them the truth and we have to be patient (consistent)...and in faith ask the Lord to give them the vision (hope) needed to see that they need to repent and accept Jesus Christ as Savior and as Lord.








  14. #14


    88
    88 is offline
    Senior Member 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,389
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    well first off(no offense intended) your title of this thread implies that people can get people saved which is not true because getting saved is an individual,personal,and important conversation between you and God not something that anyone can just do nor can someone save anyone all we can do is encourage others to want to be saved by answering questions having compassion and not forcing them into any part of being saved nor baptism for then what is done is of no effect because if they don't truely want to be saved or baptized to serve God and accept Jesus as their savior,by willing choice then they are still lost and will need guidance from someone who actually cares for their soul enough to explain that being saved and baptized are both to be done willingly in order to serve the lord because if you don't have any thought to either one and go through some ceremony yet you don't want to then think on it,how can you care for God if what you do or believe is according to what others want you to do or believe? why doesn't this work?because even though these two things are important to salvation and working for God each must be acted upon willingly,not by force because anything based on lieing is of no use,because if you go through something just to satisfy others "supposedly" for God and not because you want to then after you go through it you have "lied" to God thereby making what you have gone through not actually done at all and in need of going through again by "true"choice because then it is "Real" instead of phony,remember to know about self righteousness,that it is as filthy rags,because anything of God that you have fooled your mind into believing that you have done when in reality you have not is "self righteousness" not "righteousness" because working for God all around is a choice that all must make on their own because what use is one who is spiritually blind to their wrong doings to God nor cannot honestly work for God,it's all about humbleness knowing that you sin and you want to be saved so you can change,not going around telling others to change because if you aren't different because of God's help then how can you teach others to come to God?!
    ***I wrote the thread (with 4 helps) based on experience and results*** after 40 years I have seen this work*** no, we can't save people or "help" God, but come into agreement with His Word and Spirit*** praying*** agreement***letting God speak to their hearts ect. does work...

  15. #15
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,405
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    265

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Quote Originally Posted by 88 View Post
    *** my daughter left the Church and the things of God at 18*** she traveled with a bunch of crazy musicians playing in bars across the country***I started praying and after a year I asked God to "speed it up"*** Be said He was working and time was involved*** after 6 years she had a bad drug experience and turned totally back to God*** she has been Christian and right with God now for 3 years*** continue to believe*** if I told you how I got saved you would realize we need persistence to let God work*** through faith and patience we inherit the promises of God (Hebrews 6:12)...
    So one or two examples is your proof? I've been following the Lord for 45 and asking him to save me family. Have friends who pray for them too. Nothing happens. You said you have a plan. what is it?
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  16. #16


    88
    88 is offline
    Senior Member 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,389
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    So one or two examples is your proof? I've been following the Lord for 45 and asking him to save me family. Have friends who pray for them too. Nothing happens. You said you have a plan. what is it?
    ***Hebrews 6:12***they could get saved this year, hang on...

  17. #17
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,405
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    265

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Quote Originally Posted by 88 View Post
    ***Hebrews 6:12***they could get saved this year, hang on...
    And, it is highly likely my dad will die this year too. Your point?

    So you don't really have a plan that works, huh? It worked once for you, so you're teaching it as doctrine.

    I really do know what my part is in salvation (very little part.) I will continue to ask God to save my family too, and will make sure not to take your suggestions and antidotes as doctrine.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  18. #18


    88
    88 is offline
    Senior Member 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,389
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    Still waiting for Part 2 of this great plan, since Part 1 hasn't worked.
    ***the rest of the plan comes from God, since we are in a personal relationship with Him, He shows the way***as in the testimony of my daughter's salvation (post #12)***When we get close to God, He tells us His secrets, and everybody has to hear for God for His direction...

  19. #19


    88
    88 is offline
    Senior Member 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,389
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Quote Originally Posted by 88 View Post
    1. Live for God Yourself. 2. Don' t bug the heck out of them. 3. Pray and believe God (there is a time factor). 4. Get others to agree with you for their salvation. **** I will share more later...
    ***James 5:16***the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much***heard a testimony about a man who tired of praying for his uncle, so he was getting indifferent***God gave him a vision of his uncle in hell***he started praying intensely and soon his uncle was saved...

  20. #20


    88
    88 is offline
    Senior Member 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,389
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: How to Get Your Family and Loved Ones Saved

    Quote Originally Posted by 88 View Post
    1. Live for God Yourself. 2. Don' t bug the heck out of them. 3. Pray and believe God (there is a time factor). 4. Get others to agree with you for their salvation. **** I will share more later...
    ***a focused life brings results***when we get down to business with God you would be surprised with the results...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Please pray for family and loved ones.
    By ILoveJesus12121212 in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 4th, 2016, 08:43 PM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: April 19th, 2011, 08:04 AM
  3. Separation from loved ones when you are saved
    By Traderjane in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: August 10th, 2010, 10:59 PM
  4. Found, Loved, Saved!
    By GreenDragon in forum Testimonies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 28th, 2010, 08:36 AM