Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Teshuva
  • 1 Post By CaptainGoat
  • 5 Post By Depleted
  • 3 Post By SecondHandHippie
  • 1 Post By SecondHandHippie
  • 1 Post By oldethennew
  • 1 Post By Depleted

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2017
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Exclamation Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    The Lord is coming soon. So is the Great Tribulation. Deception has weakened the modern church. Not only this has become apparent, so has the falling way from the Word of God. It is either being misinterpreted or being ignored, like with the erroneous teaching of replacement theology. I am worried that many Christians are being fed the 'feel good gospel' instead of the real gospel... and many, many 'christians' won't be prepared or make it to the kingdom. I don't want to stand infront of the Lord on judgement day and have him say - "I never knew you".
    Seekingfamily likes this.

  2. #2
    CaptainGoat
    Guest

    Default Re: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    Thank you for writing.
    Willie-T likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member WineRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2017
    Age
    15
    Posts
    2,475
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    The Discoverer of the Slightly Traumatised Italian Meatball Printers.

    "Thou shalt not troll on thy forum, lest ye shall be condemned."
    - WineRose

    ‚ÄčI deleted my testimony link, because people keep bumping it back up... :/

  4. #4
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,400
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    265

    Default Re: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teshuva View Post
    The Lord is coming soon. So is the Great Tribulation. Deception has weakened the modern church. Not only this has become apparent, so has the falling way from the Word of God. It is either being misinterpreted or being ignored, like with the erroneous teaching of replacement theology. I am worried that many Christians are being fed the 'feel good gospel' instead of the real gospel... and many, many 'christians' won't be prepared or make it to the kingdom. I don't want to stand infront of the Lord on judgement day and have him say - "I never knew you".
    Thankfully, there are plenty of churches that don't have End Times as the gospel. Try one, because it's pretty sad you're all of 31 and your big goal in life is to wait for Jesus to return. While you're worrying, I'm living in him. Very freeing.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,984
    Rep Power
    124

    Default Re: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    AMEN, sis and you to brother Will...

  6. #6
    Senior Member J0Hnnatcc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    584
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teshuva View Post
    The Lord is coming soon. So is the Great Tribulation. Deception has weakened the modern church. Not only this has become apparent, so has the falling way from the Word of God. It is either being misinterpreted or being ignored, like with the erroneous teaching of replacement theology. I am worried that many Christians are being fed the 'feel good gospel' instead of the real gospel... and many, many 'christians' won't be prepared or make it to the kingdom. I don't want to stand infront of the Lord on judgement day and have him say - "I never knew you".
    Sadly enough, I couldn't agree more...
    We must know our Bible and "test the spirits" (1Jn 4:1-2).

    Y'all gotta check this out:. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLWm48fhCGQ
    The good life is the one that's been laid down

  7. #7
    Member SecondHandHippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2017
    Age
    34
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    I am seeing a concerning trend in some contemporary churches. Psychotherapy is being promoted next to and even above the Word of God. I believe this new "Jesus" will be the one world religion the Bible speaks of. It will be peaceful, and "having a form of godliness" in the end times. It will be possible for even the elect to be deceived. This "Jesus" will go by the same name, but is actually the deceiver wearing a mask of light. This new "Jesus" will be trendy, appealing, and popular. Anyone taking a stand against this new "Jesus" will be ostracized and cast out. The world religion will claim to be the "real church". The followers of "new Jesus" will question nothing and follow blindly, like sheep to the slaughter.

  8. #8
    Member SecondHandHippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2017
    Age
    34
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    You do not need to choose between grace and doctrine. They go hand-in-hand. I have seen an alarming trend in modern churches where doctrine is no longer preached, and a new brand of doctrine-free Jesus is introduced. The focus becomes on grace and "embracing our flaws" because God will accept us as we are. There is truth to God's acceptance of us, but we are to strive to live Godly lives in accordance with doctrine, which we can only know through a thorough study of God's word. Doctrine without grace is dead, just as grace without doctrine is dead. You cannot separate the two of them.
    Calling sin a "habit or hang-up" lessens the severity of sin and what it means to our relationship with God. Sin divides us from that precious relationship. If we continue to live in sin (giving it a weaker label) we make it more permisable, common and less shameful. We find common ground and understanding with other people who also share in the same sin we participate in. When in these settings, it's harder to break free from the cycle of the sin we embrace.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,984
    Rep Power
    124

    Default Re: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    Brother and sister speaking here! well Stated!..
    SecondHandHippie likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,400
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    265

    Default Re: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    Quote Originally Posted by SecondHandHippie View Post
    I am seeing a concerning trend in some contemporary churches. Psychotherapy is being promoted next to and even above the Word of God. I believe this new "Jesus" will be the one world religion the Bible speaks of. It will be peaceful, and "having a form of godliness" in the end times. It will be possible for even the elect to be deceived. This "Jesus" will go by the same name, but is actually the deceiver wearing a mask of light. This new "Jesus" will be trendy, appealing, and popular. Anyone taking a stand against this new "Jesus" will be ostracized and cast out. The world religion will claim to be the "real church". The followers of "new Jesus" will question nothing and follow blindly, like sheep to the slaughter.
    45 years ago, hubby helped his then-BIL clear out BIL's mother's house when she died. His mother was born in the late 1800's. Hubby got to clear out a huge pile of tracts the mother kept. The earlier ones were from between WWI and WWII. Don't worry. It's not trending. It's been happening for at leas that long. And that line of reasoning for the "End Times" stuff has been changing nonstop every year, three times a years, specifically related to current world trends.

    So, serious suggestion. Stop wasting time keeping up with those trends. It serves no more purpose than keeping up with the latest celeb gossip.

    Find a church that teaches the Bible and teaches about God instead. Growing and living work out better than keeping up with NWO and other stuff I cannot believe is still being taught. (When I was in my 20's the NWO had to do with the USSR. See how well that worked out. lol)

    I'm sadden to see how many young people are spending their lives in fear over this junk.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2017
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    Thankfully, there are plenty of churches that don't have End Times as the gospel. Try one, because it's pretty sad you're all of 31 and your big goal in life is to wait for Jesus to return. While you're worrying, I'm living in him. Very freeing.

    Hey. There are not many in my country let alone my city. I have been to almost every church in my city/or spoken to the senior pastors/leaders and they aren't interested in it because it "scares people". I would have thought that the topic would excite people - he is coming back! I am referencing the issue to christians lacking a healthy fear of God.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teshuva View Post
    I have been to almost every church in my city/or spoken to the senior pastors/leaders and they aren't interested in it because it "scares people". I would have thought that the topic would excite people - he is coming back!
    Yes.. The tendency is for these churches to avoid scriptures and topic that will cause their congregants discomfort.. Their focus is on getting the biggest congregation they can so as to reach the mega church status and from that obtain more wealth in the form of donations from the larger congregations... The end result if a half baked, milk fed congregation of babes in Christ.. Who will not be able to stand against persecution or deception because they have not been prepared by their pastors to face either..

  13. #13


    jb
    jb is online now
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2010
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,516
    Blog Entries
    29
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?
    I did a few blogs on this subject, for those interested you can find them Here, Here, Here and Here...

  14. #14
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,400
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    265

    Default Re: Eschatology/Apostasy - Are any churches teaching it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teshuva View Post
    Hey. There are not many in my country let alone my city. I have been to almost every church in my city/or spoken to the senior pastors/leaders and they aren't interested in it because it "scares people". I would have thought that the topic would excite people - he is coming back! I am referencing the issue to christians lacking a healthy fear of God.
    My church doesn't talk about it because it's not biblical. The best we get is "no one knows the time." We're taught biblically, (verse by verse from beginning to end), not topically or trending.

    As for fear of the Lord? That is biblical, but again, not about "He'sa coming, and he be mighty mad."

    Another word for "fear." "Respect."
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

Similar Threads

  1. I'm looking for someone with knowledge of Islamic eschatology and Bible eschatology
    By LeeUK in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2016, 03:28 AM
  2. Which churches are teaching the ten commandments means nothing anymore?
    By atwhatcost in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: June 22nd, 2015, 04:28 PM
  3. Isaiah's Prophesy To the Apostasy In Churches Today
    By Enow in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 19th, 2013, 06:08 PM
  4. Churches in apostasy today
    By roaringkitten in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 30th, 2009, 09:17 AM

Tags for this Thread