Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
Like Tree67Likes

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: Where would you live?

  1. #21
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,600
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    According to this online quiz I should be living in Cape Town, South Africa because I want both the city and the Safari. Go figure.

    But, really, I wanna live in Tokyo. I wanna speak Japanese. I love the language, I love the place - so colorful and has everything I need. I wanna see the hot springs and Mt. Fuji. The food is GREAT. Not a sushi fan but the rest of their food is great. I LOVE DANGO. Ugh. And I wanna see cherry blossoms. And read lots and lots of manga and light novels.
    ok from cape town south africa to tokyo Japan,it will be a minute(takes abigail zekes computer,takes out hammer)
    Wham bam ding ping,New york Newyork,(get's out wrench and screw driver)
    click click,bzzzzzz,crank crank,Houston Texas,(throws tools into fire)
    hmmm,ah ha,(takes computer on roof and tosses computer)
    Crashhhhhhhh,Tokyo Japan!!!!!Tokyo Japan!!!!
    there you are all fixed!
    Last edited by joefizz; 1 Week Ago at 10:00 PM.
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Laish's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2016
    Age
    51
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    I really enjoy it here in Arizona. I live in Phoenix. Yes it gets hot but flagstaff is just a few hours north of here and it’s usaly 20 degrees cooler. Winter is not bad here , shoveling sunshine beats shoveling snow any time.
    Blessings
    Bill
    SweetmorningDew78 likes this.
    God's Grace is sufficient.

    God wants full custody of your children.
    Not just weekend visits.

    We are entertaining the goats while we should be feeding the sheep.
    Charles Spurgeon

  3. #23
    Senior Member slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2015
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,347
    Blog Entries
    53
    Rep Power
    61

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    I know this is a boring answer, but it is actually my answer: I would live right where I am living in the Northwest of America - currently, but not because it is the love of my heart (which it is), but rather because it is where God has placed me right now. Too many times I saw the light at the end of the tunnel in many areas of my life as I saw God begin to bless me, then all of a sudden I was not so blessed! And I thought, "Ok, I am not as much in God's favor anymore." But this is not always the truth, in fact, when we mature God does this to forge us into Himself all the more, in serving Him and His will aside from our will and God's blessings alone. So, it is right here today, and wherever else He decides to take me tomorrow! This is where I would live. What's so cool is that is where I do live! Smile.

    (2 Corinthians 6:10): ...New American Standard Bible (NASB)

    10 as sorrowful yet always rejoicing, as poor yet making many rich, as having nothing yet possessing all things.

    Last edited by slave; 1 Week Ago at 10:23 PM.
    Laish and SweetmorningDew78 like this.

  4. #24
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,583
    Rep Power
    85

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Ooooh I knew I heard the tardis crash in my backyard.

    (Tardis from Dr. Who the time / space machine)

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    ok from cape town south africa to tokyo Japan,it will be a minute(takes abigail zekes computer,takes out hammer)
    Wham bam ding ping,New york Newyork,(get's out wrench and screw driver)
    click click,bzzzzzz,crank crank,Houston Texas,(throws tools into fire)
    hmmm,ah ha,(takes computer on roof and tosses computer)
    Crashhhhhhhh,Tokyo Japan!!!!!Tokyo Japan!!!!
    there you are all fixed!
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8

    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4

    www.abigail.pro

  5. #25
    Senior Member SweetmorningDew78's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2017
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,096
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    48

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Giethoorn the Netherlands There are no roads in this town just waterways ❤ giethoorn-netherlands-typical-dutch-county-side-houses-gardens-63727824.jpg (the image is not mine)
    Last edited by SweetmorningDew78; 1 Week Ago at 10:36 PM.
    Mooky, AbigailZeke, Laish and 2 others like this.
    Smiling
    is my
    Favorite
    exercise!



    Luke 10:27 So he answered and said,"You shall love the LORD your GOD with all your heart,with all your soul,with all your strength,and with all your mind,and your neighbor as yourself."

  6. #26
    Senior Member Laish's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2016
    Age
    51
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    Ooooh I knew I heard the tardis crash in my backyard.

    (Tardis from Dr. Who the time / space machine)
    Cool now it’s time for fish fingers and custard.
    Blessings
    Bill
    God's Grace is sufficient.

    God wants full custody of your children.
    Not just weekend visits.

    We are entertaining the goats while we should be feeding the sheep.
    Charles Spurgeon

  7. #27
    Senior Member Amberlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2016
    Age
    50
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Mmm custard.

  8. #28
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,583
    Rep Power
    85

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Fish custard! Anything but pears.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laish View Post
    Cool now it’s time for fish fingers and custard.
    Blessings
    Bill
    Laish likes this.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8

    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4

    www.abigail.pro

  9. #29
    Senior Member Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,202
    Rep Power
    108

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    I'm always troubled about going to Florida due to hurricanes.
    I already live in a place that experiences hurricanes. They are old hat to me. I was due to be born during one of the worst hurricanes our area ever experienced, so I have a kinship with them.
    Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

  10. #30
    Senior Member jenniferand2's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2016
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,318
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    I would live on many acres of land with an old 1800's farmhouse that I would totally renovate. I would open my business to help care for unwanted animals. Mostly Dogs and horses. Dogs and horses are my passion.. Kitty's are as well but I am allergic to them .. this is and has been a dream of mine for a long time so I most likely will end up doing it someday anyways.... Just will have to hire some people to help me out seeing how my back and neck are majorly messed up but it will not keep me down that is for sure lol..
    Galatea likes this.
    Let He Who lives without sin cast the first stone.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Joidevivre's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2014
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,555
    Blog Entries
    456
    Rep Power
    133

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    I've traveled to a lot of places - both in the States and Europe. But the only place I wanted to hang out for a long long time was the Coast of Spain. I would like a villa overlooking the beach.

    Spain is so colorful - beautiful tiles everywhere - and there are enough people who speak English to find a friend or two. And the food!
    Huckleberry, Galatea and joefizz like this.

  12. #32
    Member HannahA's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetmorningDew78 View Post
    Giethoorn the Netherlands There are no roads in this town just waterways ❤ giethoorn-netherlands-typical-dutch-county-side-houses-gardens-63727824.jpg (the image is not mine)
    i also want to live in Netherlands
    the view is breathtaking
    SweetmorningDew78 likes this.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,998
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcubed View Post
    Just couriousess am I the only one who would live in the ocean? This any any where in the world? My sons says space... Not a fan... I would only prefer the ocean though if I can drive my private submarine to the surface any time I wanted...
    Too hard to garden in a sub.

    I'd miss the cycle of a day too much too.
    SweetmorningDew78 likes this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  14. #34
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,998
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetmorningDew78 View Post
    Giethoorn the Netherlands There are no roads in this town just waterways ❤ giethoorn-netherlands-typical-dutch-county-side-houses-gardens-63727824.jpg (the image is not mine)
    How do you get across "the street?" I fear I'd feel like a 5 year old again, and need special accommodations just to leave my block. lol
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  15. #35
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,998
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Quote Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
    I already live in a place that experiences hurricanes. They are old hat to me. I was due to be born during one of the worst hurricanes our area ever experienced, so I have a kinship with them.
    My cousins are in the path of Nate. They've lived in MS most of their lives. (Only time they left was to go to college, where each one met a Yankee, and then talked that Yankee into marrying them, and moving to MS. lol)

    They've lived in Gulfport growing up, so live through Camille. Never left their house, but she knocked down their chimney. My cousin did drive north to Jackson (to her brother's house) for Katrina, but Katrina just knocked out a garage wall, which, fortunately had termite damage, so it wasn't "an act of God." Insurance covered it.

    Last time I saw them they came to a family reunion in Charlottesville, VA. To get there, they drove. And they drove through a Cat 1 hurricane. (Can't remember that hurricane's name, because it was "only" a Cat 1. lol)

    It seems to me that people who live in hurricane prone areas are often too complacent. On the other hand, having come close to a tornado once when I lived in IL? I know I'm too cautious. (I was cuddled in the proper corner in the basement, just because the sky turned sea-green. lol)
    Galatea likes this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  16. #36
    Senior Member SweetmorningDew78's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2017
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,096
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    48

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    How do you get across "the street?" I fear I'd feel like a 5 year old again, and need special accommodations just to leave my block. lol

    Hi! Lynn They travel by boats if it is quite far...They use bicycles and they have footpaths and small bridges for the people to cross over to the other side

    Here is another beautiful picture yayy ❤ the picture is not mine



    W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzL2U5NzU0OWRjZTAxNDUwNWMxMl8xMTA1Mjc0NTE1NV83M2JmNDc0NDZlX2Iu.jpg
    Depleted, Laish and Galatea like this.
    Smiling
    is my
    Favorite
    exercise!



    Luke 10:27 So he answered and said,"You shall love the LORD your GOD with all your heart,with all your soul,with all your strength,and with all your mind,and your neighbor as yourself."

  17. #37
    Senior Member Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,202
    Rep Power
    108

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    My cousins are in the path of Nate. They've lived in MS most of their lives. (Only time they left was to go to college, where each one met a Yankee, and then talked that Yankee into marrying them, and moving to MS. lol)

    They've lived in Gulfport growing up, so live through Camille. Never left their house, but she knocked down their chimney. My cousin did drive north to Jackson (to her brother's house) for Katrina, but Katrina just knocked out a garage wall, which, fortunately had termite damage, so it wasn't "an act of God." Insurance covered it.

    Last time I saw them they came to a family reunion in Charlottesville, VA. To get there, they drove. And they drove through a Cat 1 hurricane. (Can't remember that hurricane's name, because it was "only" a Cat 1. lol)

    It seems to me that people who live in hurricane prone areas are often too complacent. On the other hand, having come close to a tornado once when I lived in IL? I know I'm too cautious. (I was cuddled in the proper corner in the basement, just because the sky turned sea-green. lol)
    We were in the path of Nate. It was no biggie. The power went off at 1:00 and stayed off until 7:30. I slept like a baby and the power came on in enough time to make coffee without having to go out looking for some. We are complacent about category 1s and 2s. I don't get upset unless it is a 3.
    Depleted likes this.
    Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

  18. #38
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    24,682
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    227

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Yeah it would be cool to watch kangaroos go at it from a distance!
    Hahha they hop right by ya.....like deer in a state park in the U.S. prolific
    joefizz likes this.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,202
    Rep Power
    108

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcubed View Post
    Just couriousess am I the only one who would live in the ocean? This any any where in the world? My sons says space... Not a fan... I would only prefer the ocean though if I can drive my private submarine to the surface any time I wanted...
    You need to see a silly movie called Hello, Down There with Tony Randall and Janet Leigh. He is a scientist who builds a house under the ocean and his family are subjected to living there. A young Richard Dreyfuss is in it as well as Roddy MacDowall as a groovy record executive. It reminds me of Disney movies in the 1960s.
    mcubed and SweetmorningDew78 like this.
    Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

  20. #40
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,998
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Where would you live?

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetmorningDew78 View Post
    Hi! Lynn They travel by boats if it is quite far...They use bicycles and they have footpaths and small bridges for the people to cross over to the other side

    Here is another beautiful picture yayy ❤ the picture is not mine



    W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzL2U5NzU0OWRjZTAxNDUwNWMxMl8xMTA1Mjc0NTE1NV83M2JmNDc0NDZlX2Iu.jpg
    Oh, the water looks bigger that time. And sidewalks!

    Okay, I'm convinced. When do we move? lol
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: September 14th, 2017, 04:45 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 12th, 2015, 08:54 PM
  3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
    By zeroturbulence in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: September 12th, 2014, 07:02 PM
  4. Same Sex Marriage Doesn't Lead To Live And Let Live
    By 1still_waters in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: September 29th, 2013, 09:50 AM
  5. "LIVE OR LET LIVE QUEERS"
    By zeejaywild in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 11th, 2010, 04:07 PM