Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62
Like Tree69Likes

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

  1. #1
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,313
    Rep Power
    66

    Default why every american should stand and Honor the Flag





    Millions of americans Have fought and died FOR this country and its ideals. The civil war was fought to end slavery, we fought against tyranny Known as Hitlers riech. it began in the revolutionary war. How many american Mothers, Fathers, sisters and Brothers Have saw the flag draped over thier Loved Ones coffin?


    They absolutley did not fight for " the right to protest against the american flag, the symbol of america and what it stands for. Those red stripes are painted with the blood shed for freedom, Honor and EQUALITY. america Has come from a nation as most nations are founded on terrible things Like slavery, slaughter of indigeanous tribes ect...But people are missing that we fought those wars and Have reached a plase where in Our Law, in our constitution all people are equal. the flag represents first and foremost those who have given the sacrifice of thier Lives so that you and I can Live as free people and Have such a thing as democracy.

    find another act to display in protest of racism and police brutality, whether you intend to or not, those flags come from those coffins and are handed to widows, Mothers, fathers it is what they get back from the soldier they send off to war that gives His or here Life. sure.....we have a " right" to protest the flag......its offensive to americans who have suffered the greatest loss for this place we call the Land of the free.....it didnt become free at no cost. think it through before you side with someone Kneeling when americans unwritten rule has always been to stand, together in Honor of those who have given far more than you or I.


    every sports figure doing this should apologize and find a different protest its offensive to americans who consider where we have come from and How we got there. And is it trump dividing us over this? or when we all stand is it a thing of unity? One of the very few things we do that doesnt matter who you are, what color, what gender, old, young.....we used to take it as an honor to Live Here. there will always be idiots that march and say ignorant things, refusing to stand during the presentation of the flag and national anthem should be condemned by every american. if you dont like it Here, try going to syria, North Korea, china, russia and you may then understand How far we have come and How free we really are thanks to every soldier who has Given thier Lives, even those who didnt die in war, still they fought because of Love of God and country...


    I agree with trump its disgraceful if thats the protest one chooses, listen carefully " We stand to Honor those who fell and will fall tomorrow to keep us free"

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2017
    Age
    35
    Posts
    559
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    I personally do not understand American pride, because that is what it is. When you look at North Korea and the way it brings up it's citizens, it is not so different. Hitler's Youth, same thing. They use the past as a way to reinforce patriotism and exceptionalism. And they teach these things from a very young age, because that is when childrens' minds are developing.

    And yes America is a more developed (or just rich) country, but I find the overt patriotism and exceptionalism somewhat crazy.

    We live in one world, all people born equal under God. No country is better, no country sets the only example. Do you also honor the Russians who put down their lives to end WW2? Probably not.

    But I get it, it's nice having something to believe in, with some kind of theatre to it, some kind of ritual. A bit like in Britain you have the Queen and the royal family. Although I don't really know anyone who is crazy about it except from other countries. I think less patriotism is a good thing.

    You make it sound so fairytale, which is just how these things are taught as children. It's so wonderful and magical, you know such horrible monsters of the past overcome and vanquished, little do children know that they will grow up to regard their country as better than all countries. So when some news about Russia comes along, or North Korea, lo and behold the public say 'they are the enemy' 'bomb them to hell' 'NATO must take action'. This gives little regard for all the civilians deaths America is responsible for, and yet, this will just be some magical collateral of a greater cause. No, it's human life, like me and you.

    Who caused the great depression that lead to WW2? Sometimes I wonder, was the outcome foreseen, and therefore intentional? Weapons make a lot of money, some men would kill for the money it makes, and have little regard for human life, including for the cannon fodder who are propagandised into believing they are fighting for good, fighting for justice, fighting for world peace. But of course, soldiers don't kill do they? Soldiers who are human beings don't get PTSD from such a thing, do they? To me, America seems to be at the centre of the lack of peace in the world. But then I get it, new weapons need testing grounds. That's not so far from the truth if you think deeply about it.

    While North Korea tests it's nukes, America would love to test its nukes on North Korea (you know, people dying kind of test).
    laura_charlotte likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Innerfire89's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    It's about respect for the men who fought and died for our freedom and our roots. America is not perfect, but where is perfect on this fallen earth?
    It's just silly to live in a country and enjoy it's freedom while disrespecting what sybolizes that freedom, and for what? A bunch of unfounded BLM nonsense?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Innerfire89's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by mj007 View Post
    I personally do not understand American pride, because that is what it is. When you look at North Korea and the way it brings up it's citizens, it is not so different. Hitler's Youth, same thing. They use the past as a way to reinforce patriotism and exceptionalism. And they teach these things from a very young age, because that is when childrens' minds are developing.

    And yes America is a more developed (or just rich) country, but I find the overt patriotism and exceptionalism somewhat crazy.

    We live in one world, all people born equal under God. No country is better, no country sets the only example. Do you also honor the Russians who put down their lives to end WW2? Probably not.

    But I get it, it's nice having something to believe in, with some kind of theatre to it, some kind of ritual. A bit like in Britain you have the Queen and the royal family. Although I don't really know anyone who is crazy about it except from other countries. I think less patriotism is a good thing.

    You make it sound so fairytale, which is just how these things are taught as children. It's so wonderful and magical, you know such horrible monsters of the past overcome and vanquished, little do children know that they will grow up to regard their country as better than all countries. So when some news about Russia comes along, or North Korea, lo and behold the public say 'they are the enemy' 'bomb them to hell' 'NATO must take action'. This gives little regard for all the civilians deaths America is responsible for, and yet, this will just be some magical collateral of a greater cause. No, it's human life, like me and you.

    Who caused the great depression that lead to WW2? Sometimes I wonder, was the outcome foreseen, and therefore intentional? Weapons make a lot of money, some men would kill for the money it makes, and have little regard for human life, including for the cannon fodder who are propagandised into believing they are fighting for good, fighting for justice, fighting for world peace. But of course, soldiers don't kill do they? Soldiers who are human beings don't get PTSD from such a thing, do they? To me, America seems to be at the centre of the lack of peace in the world. But then I get it, new weapons need testing grounds. That's not so far from the truth if you think deeply about it.

    While North Korea tests it's nukes, America would love to test its nukes on North Korea (you know, people dying kind of test).
    Government is government. An evil necessary to regulate evil. I just look at what good there is in my nation and aim to vote against the bad.

    Hitler and the evil axis were the cause of WW2, or we could have let the master race and much more genisde happen.

    No, America does not want to test nukes on living targets, what makes you think that? North Korea isn't even a threat, their bluffing with all their military power but a war would demolish their economy.

    To disrespect the national anthem is to disrespect the veteran who is still in pain from fighting for that nations freedoms.

  5. #5
    Senior Member notmyown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2016
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,846
    Rep Power
    182

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    i heard a veteran say he fought for freedom, including the freedom to 'take a knee'.

    i thought that was incredibly generous.

  6. #6
    Senior Member WineRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2017
    Age
    15
    Posts
    2,650
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    I'm Singaporean...so what do I do? Do I sit? :/
    zeroturbulence likes this.
    The Scout hailing from the Stolen Cookies tribe, located in the land of the braised crab cakes.

    This is not a dating site, that is not a dating site, the cat over there is not a dating site, I am not a dating site, my phone is not a dating site, NOTHING IS A DATING SITE!!!!!

    ‚Äč:P

  7. #7
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,505
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    183

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by mj007 View Post
    I personally do not understand American pride, because that is what it is. When you look at North Korea and the way it brings up it's citizens, it is not so different. Hitler's Youth, same thing. They use the past as a way to reinforce patriotism and exceptionalism. And they teach these things from a very young age, because that is when childrens' minds are developing.

    And yes America is a more developed (or just rich) country, but I find the overt patriotism and exceptionalism somewhat crazy.

    We live in one world, all people born equal under God. No country is better, no country sets the only example. Do you also honor the Russians who put down their lives to end WW2? Probably not.

    But I get it, it's nice having something to believe in, with some kind of theatre to it, some kind of ritual. A bit like in Britain you have the Queen and the royal family. Although I don't really know anyone who is crazy about it except from other countries. I think less patriotism is a good thing.

    You make it sound so fairytale, which is just how these things are taught as children. It's so wonderful and magical, you know such horrible monsters of the past overcome and vanquished, little do children know that they will grow up to regard their country as better than all countries. So when some news about Russia comes along, or North Korea, lo and behold the public say 'they are the enemy' 'bomb them to hell' 'NATO must take action'. This gives little regard for all the civilians deaths America is responsible for, and yet, this will just be some magical collateral of a greater cause. No, it's human life, like me and you.

    Who caused the great depression that lead to WW2? Sometimes I wonder, was the outcome foreseen, and therefore intentional? Weapons make a lot of money, some men would kill for the money it makes, and have little regard for human life, including for the cannon fodder who are propagandised into believing they are fighting for good, fighting for justice, fighting for world peace. But of course, soldiers don't kill do they? Soldiers who are human beings don't get PTSD from such a thing, do they? To me, America seems to be at the centre of the lack of peace in the world. But then I get it, new weapons need testing grounds. That's not so far from the truth if you think deeply about it.

    While North Korea tests it's nukes, America would love to test its nukes on North Korea (you know, people dying kind of test).
    America is perhaps the most corrupt and sinful country there is which often is paired with richness and power because sadly that is how the enemy works in this world, if you want richness and power it often times comes with corruption and sin. But that is beside the point with FJ. Trump really needs to learn to filter his open gaping mouth but I do not agree with the people who took a knee. They took a knee for the racism and disrespect from Trump however the American flag doesn't stand for Trump it stands for our country but more importantly it stands for the blood and the sacrifice that was made for this country. So many people gave up their lives and lost so many people in the protection of their home and so many mothers had to deal with the utter heartache of losing their children, have you ever lost a child? I cannot bear to imagine the pain those mothers must have felt I mean I once had a kitten and it was eaten alive by a dog completely shredded in piece and in my pain and sorrow all I could was shriek and cry imagine how much more a mother is affected by losing their children to war?

    The flag is more than a representation of the country and in kneeling and refusing to honor the flag these people even though I am sure their intentions were pure were then disrespecting all those mothers who lost their children who defended their home and disrespected all the blood and pain and sorrow that was payed just so that we could live our daily lives that we constantly complain about and take for granted. That flag is more than a piece of parchment blowing in the wind it represents the cost of our freedom just as the cross represents the blood and pain and sorrow that was payed for our freedom in God's kingdom.
    followjesus likes this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,228
    Rep Power
    133

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    we both have great thankfulness for our God-given-home-land', as a Spiritual-God-given-gift...
    but we only 'kneel to One Flag', and ya'll know what it is...'Christ's Holy Banner'...
    followjesus and Innerfire89 like this.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2017
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by followjesus View Post
    They absolutley did not fight for " the right to protest against the american flag, the symbol of america and what it stands for.
    Soldiers fight for numerous different reasons, and they all have different opinions on what people should do with the flag. Some soldiers believe the flag should be respected, honored, and even praised. Others believe the flag is a symbol that doesn't demand respect, taking no offense to those who don't respect the flag.

    The American flag is a symbol that represents many different things. It represents America, but that's quite broad. It can represent American civilians, American athletes, American soldiers, the American government, etc.. Some people view the flag as a symbol of the government, and oppose the flag for that reason. The American anthem is about the flag enduring war, so it is related to the soldiers who fought and died for the flag, but refusing to honor the flag does not necessarily mean someone doesn't honor the soldiers who died for the flag. To suggest that there are only only specific ways in which the flag can be honored is narrow minded.

    Many people who stand for the anthem do so only so they are not scrutinized for sitting, which means they aren't being sincere when they do stand. If a person isn't being sincere, then they may as well not stand at all. But are these people disrespectful? Not necessarily. Many people would rather keep their respect to the soldiers who died for them private. Standing to honor the flag, to some people, is flashy and they'd prefer to honor soldiers by thanking them personally instead.

    if you dont like it Here, try going to syria, North Korea, china, russia
    You mean places where honoring the flag is mandatory and showing disrespect for the flag is treason that can land you in prison?

    I would never burn the American flag as a sign of protest. That is, I wouldn't unless the American government made a law making it illegal to burn the flag. Any government that can't give their citizens the freedom to disrespect the flag does not deserve to have their flag respected. I can only respect the flags of nations that allow flag burning, because THAT is the level of freedom I demand. It's not because I condone flag burning, but because I support an incredibly high level of freedom - even if it means other people can do things I disagree with.

    Remember, respect is about intent. Those people kneeling, they aren't trying to disrespect soldiers, they're trying to send a message about the government. If you want to say their actions are disrespectful, then that's your opinion. Since they're the ones kneeling, one has to acknowledge their reasons for kneeling, not your reason for wanting them not to kneel. If you hang up a flag in your yard, you're the one who gets to dictate the meaning of your flag. If someone calls you a fascist who supports everything the government does, you can say to them, "No, I wave this flag because I love the troops who died for it and I support the freedoms America promises, not the freedoms our government is taking away."
    Last edited by Liber; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:05 PM.
    Galatea likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,414
    Rep Power
    114

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by WineRose View Post
    I'm Singaporean...so what do I do? Do I sit? :/

    sit?..... you aint american?


    you gotta stand lil lady


    WOOOO 'MERICA



    (jp... i take no pride in where im from... but i AM very thankful God has put me in a place where i can at least have a roof and eat.... and have more than i even need)

  11. #11
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,313
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Innerfire89 View Post
    It's about respect for the men who fought and died for our freedom and our roots. America is not perfect, but where is perfect on this fallen earth?
    It's just silly to live in a country and enjoy it's freedom while disrespecting what sybolizes that freedom, and for what? A bunch of unfounded BLM nonsense?

    amen bro. its also about supporting the soldiers still fighting to end things Like isis, bokoharam, and islamic terror and madmen like kim jung hitlers ideals in the World. all those of the past who have suffered the cost of our freedom, and those who tomorrow will fall paying that price so we can continue to Live in the Land of the free.

    were not perfect because we do have freedom, in america individuals need to be held responsible for thier actions Not the ideals which are based on the constitution and the belief that all men are created equal and have certain inaliable rights. it wasnt always that way, Our soldiers earned that for us. truly people is they are anti american should go elsewhere and should be called out by americans. people would find that we really are the place to be if you care about freedom.


    there will always be evil in the world, idoits who think someones skin color matters or makes them less than thier own skin color, that will never change, it has nothing to do with american values and is actually contrary to Our constitution. people should protest the Ones at fault rather than the country. and to refuse to stand for the enthem and presentation of the flag is absolutely a protest of the flag and country itself. just the act is saying " i refuse to stand for the flag because some small fraction of the people hold racist beloiefs or disagree with my own views. its ridiculous to then claim the protest has nothing to do with the military or the flag thats the thing they are protesting with the act, the anthem is a military song, and the flag is the symbol that represents america itself.


    I too am against police brutality and racism whether a white person is racist towards another color, or another color racist toward whites. we need to care about the red inside of us and understand God made people no matter thier color. Police brutality is a bad thing but thats what happens when we give imperfect people, so much power and then dont Hold them accountable. by far More whites have been killed by police than Blacks its not a race issue its a power and lack of accountability matter.
    Innerfire89 likes this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,313
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Liber View Post
    Soldiers fight for numerous different reasons, and they all have different opinions on what people should do with the flag. Some soldiers believe the flag should be respected, honored, and even praised. Others believe the flag is a symbol that doesn't demand respect, taking no offense to those who don't respect the flag.

    The American flag is a symbol that represents many different things. It represents America, but that's quite broad. It can represent American civilians, American athletes, American soldiers, the American government, etc.. Some people view the flag as a symbol of the government, and oppose the flag for that reason. The American anthem is about the flag enduring war, so it is related to the soldiers who fought and died for the flag, but refusing to honor the flag does not necessarily mean someone doesn't honor the soldiers who died for the flag. To suggest that there are only only specific ways in which the flag can be honored is narrow minded.

    Many people who stand for the anthem do so only so they are not scrutinized for sitting, which means they aren't being sincere when they do stand. If a person isn't being sincere, then they may as well not stand at all. But are these people disrespectful? Not necessarily. Many people would rather keep their respect to the soldiers who died for them private. Standing to honor the flag, to some people, is flashy and they'd prefer to honor soldiers by thanking them personally instead.



    You mean places where honoring the flag is mandatory and showing disrespect for the flag is treason that can land you in prison?

    I would never burn the American flag as a sign of protest. That is, I wouldn't unless the American government made a law making it illegal to burn the flag. Any government that can't give their citizens the freedom to disrespect the flag does not deserve to have their flag respected. I can only respect the flags of nations that allow flag burning, because THAT is the level of freedom I demand. It's not because I condone flag burning, but because I support an incredibly high level of freedom - even if it means other people can do things I disagree with.

    Remember, respect is about intent. Those people kneeling, they aren't trying to disrespect soldiers, they're trying to send a message about the government. If you want to say their actions are disrespectful, then that's your opinion. Since they're the ones kneeling, one has to acknowledge their reasons for kneeling, not your reason for wanting them not to kneel. If you hang up a flag in your yard, you're the one who gets to dictate the meaning of your flag. If someone calls you a fascist who supports everything the government does, you can say to them, "No, I wave this flag because I love the troops who died for it and I support the freedoms America promises, not the freedoms our government is taking away."

    is everything about " what i feel or you feel"? it doesnt matter if thier " intentions" arent to disrespect the flag and country the very act is saying i refuse to stand and Honor the flag and anthem. what about the millions of americans who lost loved Ones fighting for freedom that are represented by that flag and our constitution? you know the one that declares all men are created equal? the flag doesnt represent individuals who may be racist or police who are violent towards people. it represents the ideals and things in our constitution. individuals are who do bad things to people and hold stupid ideas like im better than you because im a different color........whoile that is part of the past, the thing that changed it , is those who believed and fought for equality.


    There are white soldiers. Black soldiers, native american soldiers, hispanic soldiers, male soldoers , female soldiers who gave thier Life defending america, its people and ideals, its freedom. I think if people are anti american that are american, they probably should go check out europe or asia where they will find injustice just the same as you will find in america, only Here you will find a constitution that declares euqality and freedom. you cant Hold a country responsible for what individuals do. thats true anywhere why not protest earth? or Humans in general lol


    d=the fact is the flag represents the constitutional ideals and the constitution is a great thing that clearly promotes equality. People will never agree 100 percent on anything, because people have freedom to think and come to thier own conclusions. the Ideals and values are what the flag represents, not the idiots who come up with contrary beliefs and act on those things.


    id rather Live in the United states than any country on earth, and if i disliked the countries values and disagreed with its constitution id move elsewhere. every person here should be thankful they are Here and should understand that everyting isnt about your self, but that the good we have available to us was not given freely but was paid for by the Lives given to reach a point where all are equal in the eyes of the Law, protest the Ones who oppose what america stands for which One main thing is equality regardless of skin tone, gender or whatever other difference we have.


    those standing are those who appreciate and honor thos ideals that are represented by the flag and constitution it waves for.

  13. #13
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,313
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    America is perhaps the most corrupt and sinful country there is which often is paired with richness and power because sadly that is how the enemy works in this world, if you want richness and power it often times comes with corruption and sin. But that is beside the point with FJ. Trump really needs to learn to filter his open gaping mouth but I do not agree with the people who took a knee. They took a knee for the racism and disrespect from Trump however the American flag doesn't stand for Trump it stands for our country but more importantly it stands for the blood and the sacrifice that was made for this country. So many people gave up their lives and lost so many people in the protection of their home and so many mothers had to deal with the utter heartache of losing their children, have you ever lost a child? I cannot bear to imagine the pain those mothers must have felt I mean I once had a kitten and it was eaten alive by a dog completely shredded in piece and in my pain and sorrow all I could was shriek and cry imagine how much more a mother is affected by losing their children to war?

    The flag is more than a representation of the country and in kneeling and refusing to honor the flag these people even though I am sure their intentions were pure were then disrespecting all those mothers who lost their children who defended their home and disrespected all the blood and pain and sorrow that was payed just so that we could live our daily lives that we constantly complain about and take for granted. That flag is more than a piece of parchment blowing in the wind it represents the cost of our freedom just as the cross represents the blood and pain and sorrow that was payed for our freedom in God's kingdom.

    anywhere ther is freedom there will be corruption, sin and corruption exist anywhere on earth, the flag represents the constitution and the constitution represents the people. its as if people are unaware of whats happening in the world outside our boirders. Look at syria? Look at myanmar ? ethnic cleansing no different from the nazi's. straia own government is slaughtering its own people because the people are sick of the oppression. Look at northern africa, look at north Korea, Look at russia, Iran and many other places. America is not so bad when you consider the majority of the World.


    there will always be bad People whether they are american or asian, european, german but there are al;so good people in those places. Our constitution is a representation of what ameoirca believes and stands for, and the flag represents those things. if we are going to protest something, it should not be the flag that waves for the things people died to secure and win for us who came after. they should possibly protest the thing they are against. Like maybe if its racism, they should protest those groups. if they wish to protest the police, maybe protest the police. when we protest the flag its a protest agains what america stands for.

  14. #14
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,313
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by WineRose View Post
    I'm Singaporean...so what do I do? Do I sit? :/

    um im not sure what you should do are you an american citizen? if so id say either denounce your citizenship if you are against the american constitution, or be willing to stand and honor ameoircans who died to progress to where we are now. if you are a singapore citizen and Love your country id follow the customs there regarding your flag. if your contitution is unfair or government slaughers its citizens then id probably protest the flag, in ameirca though the constitution reads " all men are created equal and have certain rights regardless of race. thats something people should be willing to stand up for

  15. #15
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,313
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by notmyown View Post
    i heard a veteran say he fought for freedom, including the freedom to 'take a knee'.

    i thought that was incredibly generous.

    is that really a "right" we suppose soldiers fought and died for? do you think americans were fighting so we could then later take a knee during the presentation of our flag and national anthem?


    sure we do have the " right" to do many things even burn a flag, but people should understand that when you do something it is making a statement. what does it say really the act of " Kneeling when americans all stand for the purpose of honoring the flag that represents our country and its constitutional ideals, that includes " all men are created equal" ? that sends a message the message says i refuse to stand for those ideals that those men have fought and given thier Lives for. do i agree they do have the " right" sure. do I see the message it sends to protest the flag and what it represents, yes its not a hard message to see.


    its the act it says " I refuse to stand and Honor those sacrifices that Got us to where we are now, and i assure people, we have come a long, Long way from the 1700s we still have a ways to Go, but we would not be a free nation without the things that flag represents, Most among them, the Blood of those who died. war is ugly, but it has brought us a long long way fron the oppresion that begun the revolutionary war. and then the civil war opainted american soil red for the purpose of ending slavery.


    I Honestly dont see trumps " racism" that so many talk about i think its more what the democrats do and have done since the 60s during the civil rights movement. and the Modern day media is more of a propoganda machine with networks Like cnn and msnbc. democrats have a history of labeling republicans racist because it wins votes of minorities to do so.

  16. #16
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,313
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Innerfire89 View Post
    Government is government. An evil necessary to regulate evil. I just look at what good there is in my nation and aim to vote against the bad.

    Hitler and the evil axis were the cause of WW2, or we could have let the master race and much more genisde happen.

    No, America does not want to test nukes on living targets, what makes you think that? North Korea isn't even a threat, their bluffing with all their military power but a war would demolish their economy.

    To disrespect the national anthem is to disrespect the veteran who is still in pain from fighting for that nations freedoms.

    and also every widow, mother, father, son or daughter who received that folded flag after the funeral of thier beloved reletive who died in service to the american ideals the flag represents. i dont have an issue with protesting things, that is a right and freedom, i take real issue with the act because it is disrespectful to those who have suffered died, fought, and will die in the future defending our rights. im not sure it should be considered a " right" to refuse to Honor the american Flag and anthem. its not a jailable crime or anything, but it sure is something thats offensive to Military men and women who have died, given limbs, suffered ptsd and will do those things in the future and it doesnt change anything to then say " it has nothing to do with the flag or military. its a protest directly against the flag and the anthem is a military song lol = flag and military.


    whats even the idea i often wonder. they say " were using our platform to speak out" yet you rarely even Hear them speak these famous men who could call a weekly press conference and say whatever they wish and people would at least Hear them. it doesnt make any sense and is infact a protest of the flag, and military simply by the action itself one you say " I refuse to stan with all the other fellow americans to honor the flag because it represents american ideals and those who earned the rights we possess, and two it protests the military based national anthem that again honors the connection between the military and Our freedom just by simply reading the lyrics.
    Innerfire89 likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,228
    Rep Power
    133

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    how many who call themselves 'Christians', KNEEL DOWN to Him/Jesus Christ',
    spiritually and physically, first and fore most???

    this is a 'personal TEST', for He already KNOWS all who truly serve Him from their hearts,
    even before they were given 'life on earth'...

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2017
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    You're not listening to anyone's comments that disagree with your own. Someone gave you an example of a vet who fought for the freedom to disrespect the flag, then you dismissed the reason he risked his life for you. So only soldiers who fight for the rights you agree with count?

    Furthermore, it doesn't matter why a soldier fights for the U.S., we don't have to adopt the same political views as them. If a U.S. soldier fought for conservative values, I'm not going to suddenly become a conservative to please them. If they fought for liberal values, I'm not going to become a liberal just to please them.

    If you're not going to consider other people's viewpoints, why discuss this topic in the first place? Not trying to be mean, but you're not listening to anyone who disagrees.
    Galatea likes this.

  19. #19


    jb
    jb is online now
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2010
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,538
    Blog Entries
    29
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    why every american should stand and Honor the Flag
    Even disabled persons in wheelchairs?
    Galatea likes this.

  20. #20
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,313
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: why every american should stand and Honor the Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Liber View Post
    You're not listening to anyone's comments that disagree with your own. Someone gave you an example of a vet who fought for the freedom to disrespect the flag, then you dismissed the reason he risked his life for you. So only soldiers who fight for the rights you agree with count?

    Furthermore, it doesn't matter why a soldier fights for the U.S., we don't have to adopt the same political views as them. If a U.S. soldier fought for conservative values, I'm not going to suddenly become a conservative to please them. If they fought for liberal values, I'm not going to become a liberal just to please them.

    If you're not going to consider other people's viewpoints, why discuss this topic in the first place? Not trying to be mean, but you're not listening to anyone who disagrees.

    "vet who fought for the freedom to disrespect the flag,"


    you honestly think there is one vet who fought for that right?????? i saw the same story. i think people are forgetting democracy, the will of the people, majority for any vet who now wishes to say they fought for the right to " disrespect the flag" there are thousands who died for the Love of the country the flag represents.


    listen no country will ever have 100 percent agreement on any issue. i honestly dont care if there are vets who say they fought for such a " right" and thats nopt even the issue. i said before sure thats i guess a " right" though i wouldnt consider kneeling a right, more of a freedom of expression that is protected by the constitution. My point is that it is contradictory because the flag represents that constitution that assures freedoms and rights. its not a matter of freedom we have the freedom to do many disgusting and repulsive things things Like the freedom for those kkk marches as long as they are peaceful those too are protected. i find thier views ridiculous and ignorant, couldnt disagree woith white supremacy more, or black power more. yet they do have the " right" to express thier beliefs.


    people can burn the flag if they choose, could use it for toilet paper if they choose, it doesnt change the fact that the flag represents the freedom and equality the constitution makes clear. and to protest the flag, is to protest what is the symbol of that constitution, and a representation or reminder of everyone who has fought and suffered, even died to uphold the values it represents.


    the act of protesting the flag is disgraceful, just as much so as a kkk march where they are chanting disgraceful things. to protest america and the One symbol our nation has should be met with condemnation and shame upon thopse who do it. i say protest something else sucjh as the symbols of racism or whatever a person is against. the american flag represents too much that is sacred, to too many who have sacrificed. do they have the "right" sure, is it repulsive to myself, and many many many american families who have suffered Loss for the sake of Our country, yeah it is and should be to any american. do i think 100 percent of people agree....obviously not.


    the flag is too sacred to too many people for very clear reasons and is disrespectful in every way. do neo nazis have the right to march and chant peacefully even though thier message is morally reprehensible??? sure, just like its reprehensible for those who burn and refuse to Honor the flag that represents american Lives, Liberties, and values upheld by the constitution. does someone have the right to marry a person ofthe same sex? yea these days they do, it doesnt mean its right.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 75
    Last Post: June 24th, 2014, 05:48 PM
  2. Iraq Veteran Asked to Remove American Flag
    By moment_of_faith in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2012, 10:39 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 12th, 2012, 08:06 PM
  4. AMERICAN FLAG
    By shirley in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 29th, 2012, 03:12 PM
  5. Sow a little pitcher of Jesus on the American flag
    By peterT in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 31st, 2012, 09:59 PM