Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Amazing-Grace
  • 2 Post By Prov910
  • 1 Post By Susanna
  • 1 Post By Susanna
  • 2 Post By Susanna
  • 1 Post By Magenta
  • 1 Post By Depleted
  • 1 Post By Waggles
  • 1 Post By Lynx

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: Confession

  1. #1
    Senior Member Amazing-Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2016
    Age
    58
    Posts
    656
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    40

    Default Confession

    I have a confession to make...I cannot lie (apparently I can though) I just told a lie...I'm sick to death of the onslaught of mail order companies bombarding me with phone calls when I'm at home and usually in the middle of something - 3 times this week by the same company. They even offered me a deal on an item I didn't want and to get rid of them I said yes and so now I've had to return it. I find it very difficult to be rude to them and so when they phoned again today and I said I (by name) wasn't in. Am I a bad person???
    Prov910 likes this.












    “Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who sets the planets in motion.” - Isaac Newton

  2. #2
    Senior Member Prov910's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    823
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: Confession

    I get those too. I consider it very rude! Especially since it's often a machine, and they only send the call through to a person if you respond to them.

    When I get a telemarketing call like that I often set the phone next to the radio. Eventually the call gets routed to a telemarketer and they hang up right away. But at least it ties up their phone line for a minute or so.
    ================================================== ===========
    10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. Prov. 9:10

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    58

    Default Re: Confession

    I just say have a nice day, and hang up.

    That makes me rude in a nice and caring way.
    Amazing-Grace likes this.
    AWV

  4. #4
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,218
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    375

    Default Re: Confession

    I just hang up without saying a word...


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Imagine Blue Ladybug and an orange kitty army!!


    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    58

    Default Re: Confession

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    I just hang up without saying a word...
    Then I won the hypocrite contest.

    Maybe I'll get the Hypocrite award?
    Last edited by Susanna; November 24th, 2017 at 12:55 PM.
    Galatea likes this.
    AWV

  6. #6
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,218
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    375

    Default Re: Confession

    Huh?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    Then I won the hypocrite contest.

    Maybe I'll get the Hypocrite award?


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Imagine Blue Ladybug and an orange kitty army!!


    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    58

    Default Re: Confession

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Huh?????
    Yeah...don't you see? I'm pretending to be nice when I actually want to rip out their smooth talking speaking apparatus' and ship them off to NK.
    blue_ladybug and BillG like this.
    AWV

  8. #8
    Galatea
    Guest

    Default Re: Confession

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    Then I won the hypocrite contest.

    Maybe I'll get the Hypocrite award?
    No, that would be me. I don’t want to send anyone to North Korea, but I wouldn’t mind punching a few people. Fortunately, my desire to punch them does not last very long.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,083
    Rep Power
    485

    Default Re: Confession

    If you simply say, "She is not available to speak to you at this time," it would not be a lie If they press for details, ask them to remove you from their call list. They should never bother you again.
    Amazing-Grace likes this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  10. #10
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,083
    Rep Power
    485

    Default Re: Confession

    In fact, after they have identified them self as an intrusive unwanted caller, instead of answering their question as to whether they can speak to you or if you are home etc, why not just cut to the chase and politely request you be removed from the call list of any solicitors. Example: Hello this is an annoying telemarketer, may I please speak to Amazing Grace? You: Please remove me from your call list, thank you, good bye. *click*


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  11. #11
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    18,887
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    378

    Default Re: Confession

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazing-Grace View Post
    I have a confession to make...I cannot lie (apparently I can though) I just told a lie...I'm sick to death of the onslaught of mail order companies bombarding me with phone calls when I'm at home and usually in the middle of something - 3 times this week by the same company. They even offered me a deal on an item I didn't want and to get rid of them I said yes and so now I've had to return it. I find it very difficult to be rude to them and so when they phoned again today and I said I (by name) wasn't in. Am I a bad person???
    I was a telemarketer, so take this as expert advice.

    Please, PLEASE, hang up on us/telemarketers. It saves us the time and hassle of obeying the stupid orders from our bosses, (keep them talking, until they hang up, in hopes they'll buy something), so we can then make the phone call to the person who really wanted the item right now! They're the voices we want to hear. Not those poor souls who have no idea we hate being a pest as much as they hate us being pest. The item sells. We just need the right audience to sell it to. And selling X products we're working means we get bonuses or commissions. Talking to someone who definitely does NOT want it is as bad to us as it is to you.

    We're doing this job because we need the job that badly, but we're hoping for better money, and the only way to do that is to get off the phone from those who never wanted it anyway. Sadly, bosses tell us we have to keep talking, so hang up! PLEASE!!!

    (I got out of the job as quickly as I could. And I was one who only called businesses, but, man! The field has become ruthless since I've been out.)
    Amazing-Grace likes this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  12. #12
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    18,887
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    378

    Default Re: Confession

    Quote Originally Posted by Prov910 View Post
    I get those too. I consider it very rude! Especially since it's often a machine, and they only send the call through to a person if you respond to them.

    When I get a telemarketing call like that I often set the phone next to the radio. Eventually the call gets routed to a telemarketer and they hang up right away. But at least it ties up their phone line for a minute or so.
    Those are scammers. I have absolutely no problems playing along for a while and then asking, "How many people could you have scammed by now, if I hadn't just wasted your time?"

    Never get an answer. They hang up sometime during the question asked.


    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  13. #13
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    18,887
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    378

    Default Re: Confession

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    I just say have a nice day, and hang up.

    That makes me rude in a nice and caring way.
    Honestly? You would have made my day. I would have smiled a good five minutes over that one. lol
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  14. #14
    Senior Member BillG's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,710
    Rep Power
    229

    Default Re: Confession

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazing-Grace View Post
    I have a confession to make...I cannot lie (apparently I can though) I just told a lie...I'm sick to death of the onslaught of mail order companies bombarding me with phone calls when I'm at home and usually in the middle of something - 3 times this week by the same company. They even offered me a deal on an item I didn't want and to get rid of them I said yes and so now I've had to return it. I find it very difficult to be rude to them and so when they phoned again today and I said I (by name) wasn't in. Am I a bad person???
    Soft yes bad no.

    Have you registered with with TPS (if you have then companies can't call you and if they do then they fall foul so you can report them)
    Remind them of that.

    If it doesn't work and they ring back when they say "can I speak to xys" say "yes I will just get them for you"
    Don't hang up, out the phone down and go and do something else.
    Pick up the phone 5 minutes later and they won't be in the other end.
    Then they stop calling.

    Also be very careful when buying stuff on line.
    Unless you opt out of marketing by third parties you are fare game.
    Lord

    Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    62
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Confession

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazing-Grace View Post
    I'm sick to death of the onslaught of mail order companies bombarding me with phone calls when I'm at home and usually in the middle of something - 3 times this week by the same company.
    The scourge of the modern materialistic world, indeed.
    Telemarketers from both private businesses and charities, or worse election time robo calls.

    Get a landline that displays phone numbers when it rings.
    Program in the phone numbers of your family and friends (and local
    services; doctor clinic, library, school, garage)
    When your phone rings and you do not recognize the number on display
    do not answer it.
    You should be able to delete the list of called numbers through your phone menu.

    Same with your mobile phone - hate those private numbers.
    Unless I am expecting a call from a new person I do not answer
    unknown numbers.

    OR you could always say "while I have you on line I want to talk to you
    about Jesus and the gospel of salvation ..."
    Last edited by Waggles; November 24th, 2017 at 04:13 PM.
    Amazing-Grace likes this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Amazing-Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2016
    Age
    58
    Posts
    656
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    40

    Default Re: Confession

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    The scourge of the modern materialistic world, indeed.
    Telemarketers from both private businesses and charities, or worse election time robo calls.

    Get a landline that displays phone numbers when it rings.
    Program in the phone numbers of your family and friends (and local
    services; doctor clinic, library, school, garage)
    When your phone rings and you do not recognize the number on display
    do not answer it.
    You should be able to delete the list of called numbers through your phone menu.

    Same with your mobile phone - hate those private numbers.
    Unless I am expecting a call from a new person I do not answer
    unknown numbers.

    OR you could always say "while I have you on line I want to talk to you
    about Jesus and the gospel of salvation ..."
    What a great idea...I bet they will soon hang up if we all said that!












    “Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who sets the planets in motion.” - Isaac Newton

  17. #17
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,674
    Rep Power
    149

    Default Re: Confession

    I just don't answer the phone unless a NAME shows up on my phone's caller ID. If there's a name then it's somebody I already know. If there's no name it's always a scammer claiming that my computer is having trouble and he called me to help fix it. And usually the people I know will send a text instead of a call.

    I wonder why Socreta hasn't found this thread yet...
    Amazing-Grace likes this.
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  18. #18
    Senior Member Amazing-Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2016
    Age
    58
    Posts
    656
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    40

    Default Re: Confession

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    I just don't answer the phone unless a NAME shows up on my phone's caller ID. If there's a name then it's somebody I already know. If there's no name it's always a scammer claiming that my computer is having trouble and he called me to help fix it. And usually the people I know will send a text instead of a call.

    I wonder why Socreta hasn't found this thread yet...
    Yeah this is my landline I have the problem with, I have no called display.

    The problem is, I have bought from this company before and so it's not quite a "scam" just a darned nuisance because if I wanted something from them I'd buy it - I don't need constant offers of "discounts" or "special offers"especially when I just get home from work and am busy preparing a meal. It has the opposite effect actually, it makes me think twice about buying from them again.

    I've never before had to lie about being in and I don't want to have to pretend to be someone else again because I'm that bothered by a call.












    “Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who sets the planets in motion.” - Isaac Newton

Similar Threads

  1. Vote on Obsession with confession(1st John 1:9,sin confession)
    By seed_time_harvest in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 586
    Last Post: December 10th, 2017, 12:31 AM
  2. Obsession with Confession (1 John 1:9, sin confession)
    By BenFTW in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1339
    Last Post: January 21st, 2016, 03:11 AM
  3. Confession
    By Kefa54 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 13th, 2015, 08:28 PM
  4. CONFESSION
    By Huldah in forum Testimonies
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 15th, 2015, 11:04 PM
  5. My confession
    By Leftfield07 in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: December 8th, 2013, 11:34 PM