Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 99
Like Tree257Likes

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: What was the greatest invention of all time?

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    7,335
    Rep Power
    205

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    who couldn't Love Galatea???
    tourist, Magenta, Depleted and 2 others like this.

  2. #42
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,228
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by La_Vie_En_Rose View Post
    ”Know thyself!”- Thomas Carlyle. Carlyle was a jerk, though. I sometimes wonder if he knew it.

    In case you did not hear the word on the street, I am the user formerly known as Galatea. I have been accused of being underhanded and deceptive by deleting my last profile, as well as promoting lingerie with this one.

    In other words, you may not want to respond to my posts considering my history of being a jerk to one and all.

    So that's who you are... hmmmm.

    Well, I don't really have energy to argue, so we'll just have to get along now.
    Ugly, Magenta, Tommy379 and 4 others like this.

  3. #43
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,053
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    535

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by La_Vie_En_Rose View Post
    ”Know thyself!”- Thomas Carlyle. Carlyle was a jerk, though. I sometimes wonder if he knew it.

    In case you did not hear the word on the street, I am the user formerly known as Galatea. I have been accused of being underhanded and deceptive by deleting my last profile, as well as promoting lingerie with this one.

    In other words, you may not want to respond to my posts considering my history of being a jerk to one and all.
    I don't think that you're a jerk at all.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  4. #44
    Senior Member La_Vie_En_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2017
    Age
    38
    Posts
    528
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    I've always been quite fond of shady women in lingerie.

    Do you have any dinner plans tonight?
    I am so utterly boring, I would bore you to tears. I am watching White Christmas and drooling over Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen’s clothes- designed by the great Edith Head.

    I could bore you with more trivia about the film. You’d go fast asleep.
    tourist, Magenta and NoNameMcgee like this.

  5. #45
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,053
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    535

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Now I'm back and forth between Big Block Chevy and Lingerie.
    I'm trending toward lingerie also.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  6. #46
    Senior Member La_Vie_En_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2017
    Age
    38
    Posts
    528
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldethennew View Post
    who couldn't Love Galatea???
    A face only a mother could love- and she is extremely near sighted.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    6,040
    Rep Power
    177

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by La_Vie_En_Rose View Post
    I am so utterly boring, I would bore you to tears. I am watching White Christmas and drooling over Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen’s clothes- designed by the great Edith Head.

    I could bore you with more trivia about the film. You’d go fast asleep.
    Rosemary Clooney was a beautiful woman.

    I could think of other ways to fall asleep.
    Magenta likes this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  8. #48
    Senior Member La_Vie_En_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2017
    Age
    38
    Posts
    528
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    So that's who you are... hmmmm.

    Well, I don't really have energy to argue, so we'll just have to get along now.
    Yes, I think I am rather draining. Just your friendly forum vampire.
    Magenta likes this.

  9. #49
    Senior Member renewed_hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    113

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    There are a bunch of women who would disagree.
    Eh! Women that do disagree have the feminist theology down pat and most likely have to be in charge of everything which is quite sad
    Tommy379, oldethennew and Angela_s like this.
    I choose to honor God by inspiring people. How do you honor him?........

  10. #50
    Senior Member La_Vie_En_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2017
    Age
    38
    Posts
    528
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Rosemary Clooney was a beautiful woman.

    I could think of other ways to fall asleep.
    Yes, she was. She had a beautiful voice. I like huskier, contralto voices. I prefer contraltos to sopranos. Light voices always seem a little “precious” to me. She said that Crosby could sing a song from any bar, and that is very rare. Usually, people sing from the beginning of a song, or from the refrain. He was a natural when it came to the right keys.
    Magenta, Tommy379 and oldethennew like this.

  11. #51
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    6,040
    Rep Power
    177

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by renewed_hope View Post
    Eh! Women that do disagree have the feminist theology down pat and most likely have to be in charge of everything which is quite sad
    Let's face facts. Feminist are taking over. I'm sure their plan is to make most men eunuch slaves, while a few fine specimens, like myself, will be used for breeding.
    Pipp, tourist, Magenta and 1 others like this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  12. #52
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    20,399
    Rep Power
    259

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by renewed_hope View Post
    Eh! Women that do disagree have the feminist theology down pat and most likely have to be in charge of everything which is quite sad
    Well, that's presumptuous and unfounded.
    I am neither a woman, not supported of feminism, but I don't believe people complete each other at all. It is not the job of people to complete each other, that's God's job. Once we rely on another person to do what inly God can we will see things fall apart.
    However men and women can compliment one another greatly. But picking up in an area where someone else is weak isn't completing them.
    Magenta, notmyown and Angela_s like this.
    What allures and arouses the heart we can't figure out
    But it's the quickest way to account for what we prize
    And are most proud about
    These gods make promises but always lie to us
    The kinds of lies that says they'll keep us safe and satisfy us
    We blame the lies outside of us
    But it's the lie that lies inside that captures the depth of desires and false messiahs

    ~Beautiful Eulogy - Messiah~


  13. #53
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,053
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    535

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Let's face facts. Feminist are taking over. I'm sure their plan is to make most men eunuch slaves, while a few fine specimens, like myself, will be used for breeding.
    I believe the lucky ones are referred to as one-percenters.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  14. #54
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,228
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Let's face facts. Feminist are taking over. I'm sure their plan is to make most men eunuch slaves, while a few fine specimens, like myself, will be used for breeding.
    You are one eunuch individual.

  15. #55
    Senior Member renewed_hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    113

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Let's face facts. Feminist are taking over. I'm sure their plan is to make most men eunuch slaves, while a few fine specimens, like myself, will be used for breeding.
    You are hilarious! Men need to be treated as men, not as a tool or anything else. They are people who deserve respect and not fear they will be arrested for sexual harassment or unfair treatment. Plus, if God created woman to be in charge then he would have created Adam out of Eve's rib...lol
    I choose to honor God by inspiring people. How do you honor him?........

  16. #56
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,228
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by renewed_hope View Post
    You are hilarious! Men need to be treated as men, not as a tool or anything else. They are people who deserve respect and not fear they will be arrested for sexual harassment or unfair treatment. Plus, if God created woman to be in charge then he would have created Adam out of Eve's rib...lol
    Yeah!
    I need to be treated with respect!


    Now if I could just get the rest of the world to agree...
    tourist, Magenta, Tommy379 and 4 others like this.

  17. #57
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    6,040
    Rep Power
    177

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by renewed_hope View Post
    You are hilarious! Men need to be treated as men, not as a tool or anything else. They are people who deserve respect and not fear they will be arrested for sexual harassment or unfair treatment. Plus, if God created woman to be in charge then he would have created Adam out of Eve's rib...lol
    I've been called a "sperm donor " and a "money bag" by two women I onced loved very much. Feminism spreads like a cancer.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  18. #58
    Senior Member renewed_hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    113

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    I've been called a "sperm donor " and a "money bag" by two women I onced loved very much. Feminism spreads like a cancer.
    Just know that not all women will treat you like that. In fact I believe women that do are people who are very insecure with themselves they have to bring other people down.

    Don't get me wrong, I am a very independent woman who doesn't want a man to come and take all of my problems away, but comfort and tell me it will all work out. For example my car is having to get a clutch replaced and my boyfriend has attempted to pay for the work...however, I told his friend not to accept payment as I don't want to be in debt to him, but he is there to be protective in ensuring I get it fixed right because he doesn't want me to break down like I was the other night
    Tommy379 and Angela_s like this.
    I choose to honor God by inspiring people. How do you honor him?........

  19. #59
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,481
    Rep Power
    206

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by renewed_hope View Post
    Goes back to the beginning when God created man
    Hmm... I believe it was Cosby who observed that when God created things, He called them good.

    Man invented a car, he called it AMAZING! God created a tree and called it good.

    Man invented a refrigerator, he called it FANTASTIC! God created a rabbit and called it good.

    Wheels fall off the car, fridge stops working... rabbit still running around trees. That is what God calls good.
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  20. #60
    Senior Member renewed_hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    113

    Default Re: What was the greatest invention of all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    Hmm... I believe it was Cosby who observed that when God created things, He called them good.

    Man invented a car, he called it AMAZING! God created a tree and called it good.

    Man invented a refrigerator, he called it FANTASTIC! God created a rabbit and called it good.

    Wheels fall off the car, fridge stops working... rabbit still running around trees. That is what God calls good.
    Yep and when the man is bald....it is even more wonderful
    Tommy379 and oldethennew like this.
    I choose to honor God by inspiring people. How do you honor him?........

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 145
    Last Post: January 24th, 2018, 08:13 PM
  2. Hank williams senior, the greatest gospel writer of all time
    By followjesus in forum Christian Music Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 19th, 2017, 11:54 PM
  3. Your greatest pain - your greatest ministry?
    By Mooky in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: November 14th, 2016, 12:08 PM
  4. The Greatest Artist Of All Time.
    By gia in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 28th, 2013, 11:33 PM
  5. Cool invention! What do you think, would YOU use it?
    By BlessedLovedByGod in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 8th, 2013, 09:20 PM