Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
Like Tree116Likes

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: Phobias

  1. #1
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    19,894
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    414

    Default Phobias

    As I write this, the Eagles (ahem SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS ::coughcough: are headed to out Art Museum as the end of a huge parade.

    I live two blocks from parade route. I'm a huge fan. (Betcha couldn't tell, but I am.) I also over did the last couple of days, so couldn't go. BUT as I look at the crowds, I realize I couldn't go anyway. I have a strange case of claustrophobic. It's not sticking me in a closet that would do me in. Not even sticking me in a trunk that would do me i. (And stop enjoying that image of me in a trunk.) It's crowds! I feel panicky in huge crowds. Matter of fact, even watching it on TV has me a little bit hyper. (Not enough to not watch, but I feel like I've done 3-4 cans of Red Bull.)

    My other phobia is creatures with more than 4 legs. (Includes bugs, spiders and centipedes/millipedes.)

    So, make me feel better. What are your phobias?

    I'll be happy to shoo away a clown for you, if you could shoo away a crowd for me. lol
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,471
    Rep Power
    244

    Default Re: Phobias

    hmmmmmmmm

    sharing a drink with someone else

    (there is a story behind it)
    Last edited by NoNameMcgee; 1 Week Ago at 02:32 PM.
    Depleted, notmyown and joefizz like this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,794
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    402

    Default Re: Phobias

    Did the frosted flake particles taste good? LOL
    joefizz and NoNameMcgee like this.



    Blue ladybug, fearless leader of the orange kitty battalion! She loves orange tabbies and is innocent as decreed by Pottersclay who states that Scripture says that all people who love orange tabbies are innocent. Truthtalk says that God created the world, and then He created wonderful orange tabbies. Joefizz has elected blue ladybug as captain of the brave orange kitty ​army!



    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    ​ Orange kitties approve



  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2017
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,124
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Phobias

    I suffer from butterphobia and cheesephobia

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2015
    Age
    30
    Posts
    614
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: Phobias

    I'm afraid of a lot of things. Throwing up, the dark and roaches just to name a few.

    Sometimes I feel like I'm no more brave than Chuckie from Rugrats.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Monnkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    986
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: Phobias

    I'm terrified of spiders and the ocean. I could never go on a cruise
    Depleted, notmyown and joefizz like this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    19,894
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    414

    Default Re: Phobias

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    hmmmmmmmm

    sharing a drink with someone else

    (there is a story behind it)
    Did that workplace-crawdad do bad things to your drink?

    (Jut kidding with you. I know phobias aren't funny, but I keep remembering that wayward crawdad photo.)
    joefizz and NoNameMcgee like this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,471
    Rep Power
    244

    Default Re: Phobias

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    Did that workplace-crawdad do bad things to your drink?

    (Jut kidding with you. I know phobias aren't funny, but I keep remembering that wayward crawdad photo.)
    lol noooo

    blue saw the story before i edited it out

    it had to deal with an accidental waterbottle switch and frosted flake... uhhh

    left overs
    Depleted and joefizz like this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member MissCris's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,475
    Rep Power
    64

    Default Re: Phobias

    Bees. Wasps. Yellow jackets. I bailed out of my car at a stop sign once because a yellow jacket flew in my window.

    Cliffs and steep mountainsides, but only when I’m in the car. So...I’m unreasonably afraid of driving/rolling/sliding over the edge.
    7568106E-EF74-47BF-B1A8-AC31FCE48D9A.jpeg

    Not my photo- but Red Mountain Pass here in CO is basically my worst nightmare.
    Depleted, notmyown and joefizz like this.


    There's joy for the morning
    Oh sinner, be still
    Earth has no sorrow
    That Heaven can't heal
    -Crowder

  10. #10
    Senior Member MichaelOwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    636
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: Phobias

    Spiders give me the creeps.....about the only thing in this walk of life that will seriously draw a squeal from me....that's no joke
    Monnkai, joefizz and stand2 like this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,707
    Rep Power
    120

    Default Re: Phobias

    Snakes, they're evil creatures.
    joefizz and MichaelOwen like this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2015
    Age
    30
    Posts
    614
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: Phobias

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Snakes, they're evil creatures.
    Except this Snake. This Snake would protect you.


    Monnkai, joefizz and MichaelOwen like this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,991
    Rep Power
    115

    Default Re: Phobias

    I can deal with snakes, I fearlessly shoot weasels and little mousey creatures, I've picked up spiders barehanded before so I can kill them where it won't make grease spots, I have never met a bug I feared, but...I cannot, CANNOT, CAN NOT get anywhere near a frog/toad. Ugh! I can't handle the things, ever since the summer that they were everywhere and I killed one accidentally in a barefoot race...please don't imagine that any longer!

    I am also scared of man-made heights. Scaffolding, skyscrapers, roofs, airplanes = terrible. Hills, mountains, treetops = thrilling.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  14. #14
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,991
    Rep Power
    115

    Default Re: Phobias

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    lol noooo

    blue saw the story before i edited it out

    it had to deal with an accidental waterbottle switch and frosted flake... uhhh

    left overs
    It is called backwash, and it is the reason you never share a water bottle with a 3-year-old . I am from a family who shares glasses and water bottles all the time, but only with some people...there is a sibling or two...I'll say no more lol.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  15. #15
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    19,894
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    414

    Default Re: Phobias

    Quote Originally Posted by MissCris View Post
    Bees. Wasps. Yellow jackets. I bailed out of my car at a stop sign once because a yellow jacket flew in my window.

    Cliffs and steep mountainsides, but only when I’m in the car. So...I’m unreasonably afraid of driving/rolling/sliding over the edge.
    7568106E-EF74-47BF-B1A8-AC31FCE48D9A.jpeg

    Not my photo- but Red Mountain Pass here in CO is basically my worst nightmare.
    I hope you put the car in park before bailing out. lol
    MissCris and joefizz like this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  16. #16
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    19,894
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    414

    Default Re: Phobias

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOwen View Post
    Spiders give me the creeps.....about the only thing in this walk of life that will seriously draw a squeal from me....that's no joke
    Manly squeal, not girly squeal, right? lol

    (And that was a joke.)
    joefizz, MichaelOwen and stand2 like this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  17. #17
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    19,894
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    414

    Default Re: Phobias

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    I can deal with snakes, I fearlessly shoot weasels and little mousey creatures, I've picked up spiders barehanded before so I can kill them where it won't make grease spots, I have never met a bug I feared, but...I cannot, CANNOT, CAN NOT get anywhere near a frog/toad. Ugh! I can't handle the things, ever since the summer that they were everywhere and I killed one accidentally in a barefoot race...please don't imagine that any longer!

    I am also scared of man-made heights. Scaffolding, skyscrapers, roofs, airplanes = terrible. Hills, mountains, treetops = thrilling.
    I'm terrified of spiders, yet will not kill them, because they kill things I hate more -- bugs.

    As for barefoot races? Yeah, found a slug on my basement steps the hard way -- bare foot. I get the ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew of that.

    And I have my own weird-version of heights too. Climbing a step stool or ladder terrifies me. I have to be far from the railing if I'm walking through a mall with a second floor and can see down into the first floor. But jets? No fear of heights way up there. "It's not real."
    Tinuviel, joefizz and stand2 like this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  18. #18
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    19,894
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    414

    Default Re: Phobias

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    It is called backwash, and it is the reason you never share a water bottle with a 3-year-old . I am from a family who shares glasses and water bottles all the time, but only with some people...there is a sibling or two...I'll say no more lol.
    Hmmm, might be why the flu circles around.

    John and I won't even share the same toothpaste, because the tip of the tube touches the toothbrush every time.

    And yet, we have no problems letting the other one finish the food with our utensils.... or snogging. lol
    Tinuviel, joefizz and stand2 like this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  19. #19
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,991
    Rep Power
    115

    Default Re: Phobias

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    Hmmm, might be why the flu circles around.

    John and I won't even share the same toothpaste, because the tip of the tube touches the toothbrush every time.

    And yet, we have no problems letting the other one finish the food with our utensils.... or snogging. lol
    The funny thing is, the sister I share the glass with most often hasn't gotten sick, and a bunch of random non-glass-sharers have. Go figure
    Depleted and joefizz like this.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  20. #20
    Senior Member Laish's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2016
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Phobias

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    As I write this, the Eagles (ahem SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS ::coughcough: are headed to out Art Museum as the end of a huge parade.

    I live two blocks from parade route. I'm a huge fan. (Betcha couldn't tell, but I am.) I also over did the last couple of days, so couldn't go. BUT as I look at the crowds, I realize I couldn't go anyway. I have a strange case of claustrophobic. It's not sticking me in a closet that would do me in. Not even sticking me in a trunk that would do me i. (And stop enjoying that image of me in a trunk.) It's crowds! I feel panicky in huge crowds. Matter of fact, even watching it on TV has me a little bit hyper. (Not enough to not watch, but I feel like I've done 3-4 cans of Red Bull.)

    My other phobia is creatures with more than 4 legs. (Includes bugs, spiders and centipedes/millipedes.)

    So, make me feel better. What are your phobias?

    I'll be happy to shoo away a clown for you, if you could shoo away a crowd for me. lol
    Humm cool question. I have been thinking for the past hour or two , do I have any phobias? Yes I do like everyone have rational fears I just can’t think of a phobia. Not something I have been racking my head over . It just got me to wondering. Still I can’t think of one . This has me concerned. Is there a phobia of not having a phobia? Now if I realize I have a phobia of not having a phobia am I cured or better said am I better or am I at square one ?
    Blessings
    Bill
    Monnkai, notmyown, joefizz and 1 others like this.
    God's Grace is sufficient.

    God wants full custody of your children.
    Not just weekend visits.

    We are entertaining the goats while we should be feeding the sheep.
    Charles Spurgeon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do you have any unusual or uncommon phobias?
    By Stranger36147 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: September 14th, 2017, 09:16 PM
  2. Fears, Phobias and YouTube
    By danschance in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 19th, 2013, 02:41 PM
  3. Random fears and phobias :)
    By Biskers in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 24th, 2012, 04:13 AM