Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 76
Like Tree85Likes

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: Should Christians Hunt?

  1. #21
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,936
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Well, if we're going to view things via natural selection, going after trophy animals would conform perfectly to the concept.

    Say SovereignGrace and I have our eyes on the same chick. We go out and hunt to prove our worth. I slay a giant trophy animal. He slays a squirrel.

    When I get home, I'll have more meat, more fur, and a babe on my arm. He has a squirrel and a few friends eyeing it at the next potluck dinner.

    Yeah, other species got hurt in our quest to survive and spread our genes, but hey! That's natural selection. Go eat a trilobite.
    Magenta likes this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Mel85's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2018
    Age
    32
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Genesis 1: 28

    And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
    Depleted and preacher4truth like this.


    “Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death”


    "For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for Him" - Philippians 1:29


  3. #23
    Senior Member JaumeJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2011
    Age
    73
    Posts
    12,062
    Blog Entries
    36
    Rep Power
    159

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    There is no difference between hunting and going to the market to buy meat.

    There is only fault in hunting simply for hunting's sake.

    God did not give us the earth, the seas, and all wildlife to waste it for our personal aggrandizement. If we love our Father, our Provider, we must receive all things from Him with thanksgiving. It is our due, we did not create a thing.
    Mel85 likes this.
    From the Mouth of our Lord, Jesus Christ, or do you call Him Yeshua?
    Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.


  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    I think I hit a nerve with some people. Again I will state, I was just getting people’s opinions, I’m not telling people they shouldn’t hunt, nor that God thinks you shouldn’t hunt, nor that you should be vegan. However, if you are going to misuse scripture I’m going to say this. When God ordained us chief steward of earth, it was the same time we were told we could eat of any of the plants. Remember when He said we could eat meat was right after He said, “Their years will be no more than one hundred.” After we became omnivorous, within a few generations our lives were shortened.

    For the record, too much meat is exactly how much meat you eat after your digestive juices are no longer able to breakdown the tissue into amino acids. This causes your intestines to be filled with rotting flesh instead of properly processed food. There are many adverse health conditions related to this. God designed our digestive tracks to be used as an either or fuel system. When plants are available, eat plants, during winter and vegetation is scarce, eat meat. Our stomachs aren’t designed to eat multiple varieties of foods at once (meals). Starches neutralize stomach acids causing incomplete digestion and disease. Do what you want.

    If God truly designed us to eat beef and deer, I think He would have made our teeth longer and jaws wider to make the kill. As well our digestive tracks would be more acidic and slower....like all of the other animals he designed to eat big game. That being said, I am fully equipped to attack the hell out of a cheeseburger.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    One more thing, now that I am on my health talk. Has anybody realized the relationship between fasting and closeness with our Creator. This vessel is a little more complex than you expect. When your digestive track is emptied for awhile (3 days) your immune system resets, and your body feeds on different sources. The brain supercharges on ketones. This might have greater reception from “on high”.

  6. #26
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,917
    Rep Power
    239

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry View Post
    I...misuse scripture..."Their years will be no longer than one hundred"...Our stomachs aren’t designed to eat multiple varieties of foods at once...
    lolzzz...

    Yes, you certainly do. You've utterly distorted the meaning of the text, and misquoted it, and I'm thinking you're referring to Genesis 6:3. It had nothing to do with eating meat.

    Also, God ordained that there be feasts where multiple foods were ingested, so, you're assertion is incorrect.

    You really should spend some time in the Word under a solid teacher to deprogram your false assumptions and abuse of Scripture (if possible.) You do realize Scripture is not a grouping of verses designed for you to take out of context as you do, correct? No?

    Anyhow, waiting on you to answer this Hangry:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry View Post
    we aim for the stronger, trophy worthy animals. This messes up God’s design of natural selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    How is the above true and proven by Scripture?????
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    Open Theism and Molinism, two inept theological camps, do err in this sense; God doesn't have an R&D department, He does all things perfectly.

    A god who can be fashioned by our own thoughts is no more a god than an image produced by our own hands. - Charles Spurgeon


  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    lolzzz...

    Yes, you certainly do. You've utterly distorted the meaning of the text, and misquoted it, and I'm thinking you're referring to Genesis 6:3. It had nothing to do with eating meat.

    Also, God ordained that there be feasts where multiple foods were ingested, so, you're assertion is incorrect.

    You really should spend some time in the Word under a solid teacher to deprogram your false assumptions and abuse of Scripture (if possible.) You do realize Scripture is not a grouping of verses designed for you to take out of context as you do, correct? No?

    Anyhow, waiting on you to answer this Hangry:
    You are correct it was supposed to be 120 years. I realize it had nothing to do with eating meat why it was stated. I was bridging that man’s loss of centuries of life coincided with the introduction of meat into the diet. Why do you assume that every usable piece of knowledge is only found in the Bible? That is how people advance technologically as a civilization, they make observations. It is an observation that every other animal is designed to kill what it eats, and digest it. As soon as you taste something it signals the stomach to prepare acidity for that item. When you eat meat it becomes acidic, carbohydrates, alkaline. When you eat them together, it neutralizes stomach acids to retard the digestion of meat. The more meat you eat in one sitting, the less digested it may become. If you drink water, the more diluted the acid. Eat what you want, I’m just sharing some info. There is a reason that people are dying with multiple pounds of undigested meat in their intestines. It creates many health problems.

    Nature has a way of weeding out the weak and genetically “ungifted”. The lions don’t try to kill the biggest and the fastest, they get the slower, strengthening the stock. If a lion has a deformity preventing it from hunting, it starves. You don’t need to find a passage on it to identify this is natural selection. Survival of the fittest is hardly a concept I pulled out of my imagination. God designed it this way, I assume. When we go hunting for a ten point buck (as a non-hunter I think this is a strong beast of good good genetic stock) we kill the strong and leave the less desirable scrawny? It was a question I was asking if it disrupts Gods design. I hope this answers your question.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,536
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry View Post
    I think I hit a nerve with some people. Again I will state, I was just getting people’s opinions, I’m not telling people they shouldn’t hunt, nor that God thinks you shouldn’t hunt, nor that you should be vegan. However, if you are going to misuse scripture I’m going to say this. When God ordained us chief steward of earth, it was the same time we were told we could eat of any of the plants. Remember when He said we could eat meat was right after He said, “Their years will be no more than one hundred.” After we became omnivorous, within a few generations our lives were shortened.

    For the record, too much meat is exactly how much meat you eat after your digestive juices are no longer able to breakdown the tissue into amino acids. This causes your intestines to be filled with rotting flesh instead of properly processed food. There are many adverse health conditions related to this. God designed our digestive tracks to be used as an either or fuel system. When plants are available, eat plants, during winter and vegetation is scarce, eat meat. Our stomachs aren’t designed to eat multiple varieties of foods at once (meals). Starches neutralize stomach acids causing incomplete digestion and disease. Do what you want.

    If God truly designed us to eat beef and deer, I think He would have made our teeth longer and jaws wider to make the kill. As well our digestive tracks would be more acidic and slower....like all of the other animals he designed to eat big game. That being said, I am fully equipped to attack the hell out of a cheeseburger.
    I've posted this before, man is specifically designed to eat meat, and pretty much only meat.
    Does Meat Rot In Your Colon? No. What Does? Beans, Grains, and Vegetables!
    Here is a little scientific article about smaller teeth is because of meat eating.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/nature16990
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  9. #29
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,936
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Judas hung himself. Go and do likewise.


    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    lolzzz...

    Yes, you certainly do. You've utterly distorted the meaning of the text, and misquoted it, and I'm thinking you're referring to Genesis 6:3. It had nothing to do with eating meat.

    Also, God ordained that there be feasts where multiple foods were ingested, so, you're assertion is incorrect.

    You really should spend some time in the Word under a solid teacher to deprogram your false assumptions and abuse of Scripture (if possible.) You do realize Scripture is not a grouping of verses designed for you to take out of context as you do, correct? No?

    Anyhow, waiting on you to answer this Hangry:
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,936
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Yeah, animal-based products are one of the few things you can expect to eat and remain healthy on a consistent basis.

    It's those over-processed grains and carbs that'll kill ya. Especially in our post-agrarian society.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    I've posted this before, man is specifically designed to eat meat, and pretty much only meat.
    Does Meat Rot In Your Colon? No. What Does? Beans, Grains, and Vegetables!
    Here is a little scientific article about smaller teeth is because of meat eating.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/nature16990
    Hungry, Tommy379 and hornetguy like this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,536
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    Yeah, animal-based products are one of the few things you can expect to eat and remain healthy on a consistent basis.

    It's those over-processed grains and carbs that'll kill ya. Especially in our post-agrarian society.
    I'm finding that grains and carbs are completely unnecessary in the human diet.

    Hungry wants to write about premature death, I can point him to several people and cultures that eat only meat. One in particular is an American couple, who has eaten nothing but the fattest cuts of beef for 20 years, and they appear 20 years younger than their age.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  12. #32
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,936
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    I'm a pretty religious omnivore, but lean, protein-rich animal products have been a cornerstone of my diet for some five months now.

    Combine that with regular exercise and I'm in the best shape and health I've been in my entire life.

    Beef-it's what's for dinner...along with greek yogurt and a salad.
    Hungry and Tommy379 like this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,936
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Grains and carbs made sense when we needed a fair deal of long-term fat storage to survive. Since most sit at a desk for more than half our lives, it's just not tenable.

    Honestly, I'm shocked by how easy it's been to dramatically cut the stuff from my diet and still enjoy my food.

    ex- taco salad is just as good as a taco. less messy too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    I'm finding that grains and carbs are completely unnecessary in the human diet.

    Hungry wants to write about premature death, I can point him to several people and cultures that eat only meat. One in particular is an American couple, who has eaten nothing but the fattest cuts of beef for 20 years, and they appear 20 years younger than their age.
    Hungry and Tommy379 like this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,936
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Whole grains can be really good for you though. You just have to be careful with'em.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,936
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    But yeah, this idea that we're not created to eat meat has no scientific basis. Maybe we didn't snack on Bambi before the fall, but it sure seems as though God enabled us to do so after the fall.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Huckleberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,592
    Rep Power
    44

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry View Post
    However, if you are going to misuse scripture I’m going to say this. When God ordained us chief steward of earth, it was the same time we were told we could eat of any of the plants. Remember when He said we could eat meat was right after He said, “Their years will be no more than one hundred.” After we became omnivorous, within a few generations our lives were shortened.
    This paragraph has revealed your profound lack of
    understanding and an obvious disregard for accuracy.

    You think eating meat is why people
    don't live to be 900 anymore?
    Wrong.

    The thing that's killing us the most is what
    they were protected from prior to The Flood,
    I.e., the sun's harmful radiation.
    Tommy379 likes this.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,936
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    That and socialism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    This paragraph has revealed your profound lack of
    understanding and an obvious disregard for accuracy.

    You think eating meat is why people
    don't live to be 900 anymore?
    Wrong.

    The thing that's killing us the most is what
    they were protected from prior to The Flood,
    I.e., the sun's harmful radiation.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    This paragraph has revealed your profound lack of
    understanding and an obvious disregard for accuracy.

    You think eating meat is why people
    don't live to be 900 anymore?
    Wrong.

    The thing that's killing us the most is what
    they were protected from prior to The Flood,
    I.e., the sun's harmful radiation.
    You drew that from where exactly? I was making an inferance, same as you. I’m willing to acknowledge that there is validity to your claim, based on your evidence. What proof do we have that there was less radiation? There may have been a different O2 level also. I just think from scripture the biggest difference or change made from a 1000 year to a 100 year lifespan was dietary.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    21,708
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    481

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Attachment 180685

    It worked for Noah!
    True. Did you ever notice the end of that story? When Noah released the animals, God put something new into the animal's nature. He gave them fear--of-man. It was part of his covenant with Noah. (Genesis 9)
    Miri likes this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  20. #40
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    21,708
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    481

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry View Post
    I don’t think slaughter houses are fine. I was just interested in everyone’s opinion. Christ said not to worry about what you eat. Our family is trying to eat more vegetables and less meat. A majority of North Americans eat too much meat.
    Actually, unless you eat a whole lot of beans, meat is essential in the diet. Protein! Protein rebuilds our bodies.

    Hubby got a very bad bedsore, and the nurses that worked on healing the 3-4 inch deep wound kept telling him to get plenty of protein every day. Hubby is to protein what I am to starch -- our favorite part of the food pyramid. If we don't eat meat, he adds protein in the form of powder. (Much less tasty, but if it combines well with the food, no taste at all.) It's two years since they opened up that bedsore to see how bad it was. Two years later, and it's still about an inch deep. (No scab anymore, but it takes that long for the body to rebuild.) Protein is what rebuilds our tissue when cuts, scraps, and accidents harm it. Or even when age causes it to die.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TODAY GOD IS NOT ON A SIN HUNT
    By joaniemarie in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: January 26th, 2017, 10:13 PM
  2. Hunt is on for Jesus DNA
    By Sirk in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: March 25th, 2016, 07:13 PM
  3. Car Scavenger Hunt
    By Jullianna in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: March 28th, 2013, 10:31 AM
  4. treasure hunt
    By jessie_devin in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM