Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 104
Like Tree118Likes

Miscellaneous

Random topics from random people!

Thread: Should Christians Hunt?

  1. #41
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,175
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    509

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by hornetguy View Post
    Too much meat? A majority of North Americans? Who told you that?

    Who gets to make that decision? "YOU! OVER THERE!! DROP THAT TURKEY LEG!! YOU'RE EATING TOO MUCH MEAT!!"

    I mean, really?

    I suppose if you are vegan or vegetarian, ANY meat is too much.
    Actually, most Americans don't get enough meat.
    Tommy379 likes this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  2. #42
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,175
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    509

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    Well, if we're going to view things via natural selection, going after trophy animals would conform perfectly to the concept.

    Say SovereignGrace and I have our eyes on the same chick. We go out and hunt to prove our worth. I slay a giant trophy animal. He slays a squirrel.

    When I get home, I'll have more meat, more fur, and a babe on my arm. He has a squirrel and a few friends eyeing it at the next potluck dinner.

    Yeah, other species got hurt in our quest to survive and spread our genes, but hey! That's natural selection. Go eat a trilobite.
    Honestly? It depends on what your trophy is. If you bag a bear, I'm going to Sov's house for dinner. lol
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  3. #43
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,175
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    509

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry View Post
    I think I hit a nerve with some people. Again I will state, I was just getting people’s opinions, I’m not telling people they shouldn’t hunt, nor that God thinks you shouldn’t hunt, nor that you should be vegan. However, if you are going to misuse scripture I’m going to say this. When God ordained us chief steward of earth, it was the same time we were told we could eat of any of the plants. Remember when He said we could eat meat was right after He said, “Their years will be no more than one hundred.” After we became omnivorous, within a few generations our lives were shortened.

    For the record, too much meat is exactly how much meat you eat after your digestive juices are no longer able to breakdown the tissue into amino acids. This causes your intestines to be filled with rotting flesh instead of properly processed food. There are many adverse health conditions related to this. God designed our digestive tracks to be used as an either or fuel system. When plants are available, eat plants, during winter and vegetation is scarce, eat meat. Our stomachs aren’t designed to eat multiple varieties of foods at once (meals). Starches neutralize stomach acids causing incomplete digestion and disease. Do what you want.

    If God truly designed us to eat beef and deer, I think He would have made our teeth longer and jaws wider to make the kill. As well our digestive tracks would be more acidic and slower....like all of the other animals he designed to eat big game. That being said, I am fully equipped to attack the hell out of a cheeseburger.
    Adam and Eve used fig leaves. God was the one who clothed then in animal skins.

    You really are creating new laws to fit your predisposition and denying God's word to prove your point. If we weren't made to eat meat, then God's Law wouldn't have included the Levites eating the yearlings -- whether the yearlings were sheep, goat, or cattle. So much for your theory on teeth size.
    Tommy379 likes this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  4. #44
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,175
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    509

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry View Post
    You are correct it was supposed to be 120 years. I realize it had nothing to do with eating meat why it was stated. I was bridging that man’s loss of centuries of life coincided with the introduction of meat into the diet. Why do you assume that every usable piece of knowledge is only found in the Bible? That is how people advance technologically as a civilization, they make observations. It is an observation that every other animal is designed to kill what it eats, and digest it. As soon as you taste something it signals the stomach to prepare acidity for that item. When you eat meat it becomes acidic, carbohydrates, alkaline. When you eat them together, it neutralizes stomach acids to retard the digestion of meat. The more meat you eat in one sitting, the less digested it may become. If you drink water, the more diluted the acid. Eat what you want, I’m just sharing some info. There is a reason that people are dying with multiple pounds of undigested meat in their intestines. It creates many health problems.

    Nature has a way of weeding out the weak and genetically “ungifted”. The lions don’t try to kill the biggest and the fastest, they get the slower, strengthening the stock. If a lion has a deformity preventing it from hunting, it starves. You don’t need to find a passage on it to identify this is natural selection. Survival of the fittest is hardly a concept I pulled out of my imagination. God designed it this way, I assume. When we go hunting for a ten point buck (as a non-hunter I think this is a strong beast of good good genetic stock) we kill the strong and leave the less desirable scrawny? It was a question I was asking if it disrupts Gods design. I hope this answers your question.
    Most babies born in the US as of 2000 are likely to live to be 100, and yet, Americans still eat meat. There was a time in Europe when the only thing some peasants ate in their whole lives was vegetables. They tended to average dying of old age at about 40 years old. Again, you define God by what you think, rather than reality.

    If your family is going to be forced to eat by your standards, make sure you learn the reality of how to eat minus meat. My fear is your kids might come down with the first case of scurvy in decades.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  5. #45
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,175
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    509

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    I'm a pretty religious omnivore, but lean, protein-rich animal products have been a cornerstone of my diet for some five months now.

    Combine that with regular exercise and I'm in the best shape and health I've been in my entire life.

    Beef-it's what's for dinner...along with greek yogurt and a salad.
    Yup! Definitely headed for Sov's house for dinner. lol

    (Lactose intolerant, and had enough diets in my life that I can no longer face a salad without my stomach flipping.)
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  6. #46
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    7,555
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    297

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    True. Did you ever notice the end of that story? When Noah released the animals, God put something new into the animal's nature. He gave them fear--of-man. It was part of his covenant with Noah. (Genesis 9)

    Yes ive seen that, I assume they must have had similar fear before the flood?
    Maybe they went all “sheepish” and docile as they entered the ark.
    Tommy379 and hornetguy like this.
    He is God and we are not.


    Quote Originally Posted by notmyown View Post
    Miri, for being Mary Poppins. (inside joke, but no, really! she's kind and no nonsense!)

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    66
    Posts
    857
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    I thought scurvy was from lack of vitamin c?
    Hungry likes this.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Dino246's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,654
    Rep Power
    226

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    (Perhaps someone caught this already... apologies if so.)

    I find it humorous that someone with the nickname "Hungry" started this thread.

    Dude, grab your gun and get out there. Your supper awaits.
    Miri, Hungry and Tommy379 like this.

  9. #49
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,886
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Yes ive seen that, I assume they must have had similar fear before the flood?
    Maybe they went all “sheepish” and docile as they entered the ark.
    Now, that's funny! I can picture lions walking into the ark, blushing, scuffing their toes in the dirt, acting like Goofy, going "huh-huh-huh.... gorsh!"
    Miri and Tommy379 like this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    I've posted this before, man is specifically designed to eat meat, and pretty much only meat.
    Does Meat Rot In Your Colon? No. What Does? Beans, Grains, and Vegetables!
    Here is a little scientific article about smaller teeth is because of meat eating.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/nature16990
    I checked out the link and the website. It’s a blog, not a case study or medical journal. Everyone has an opinion. With the internet, now we can all be a pseudo authority. Believe what you want. I did years of research, hard research finding all sorts of credible sources and case studies. I maintain fantastic health and a muscular physique a twenty year old would be proud of. I don’t even need to hit the gym to sustain my twelve pack abs. Utilizing simple guidelines with food combinations being one of them this is easily achieved. I found and employ my truth.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    Most babies born in the US as of 2000 are likely to live to be 100, and yet, Americans still eat meat. There was a time in Europe when the only thing some peasants ate in their whole lives was vegetables. They tended to average dying of old age at about 40 years old. Again, you define God by what you think, rather than reality.

    If your family is going to be forced to eat by your standards, make sure you learn the reality of how to eat minus meat. My fear is your kids might come down with the first case of scurvy in decades.
    My kids are competitive athletes, but thanks for your concern. I don’t think you even read my posts, otherwise you would see I stated eat less meat than we do currently and increase our vegetables. If you think this will cause scurvy then we should have a chat about nutrition. FYI, lentils have just as much protein as meat. Much protein in cooked meat can’t even be synthesized to generate muscle. Arginine is high in cottage cheese with good bio availability.

    I define God from what I have researched, observed and experienced. In essence you are right it’s what I think, but I know the lengths I have gone to find Him and I trust my thoughts.

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    66
    Posts
    857
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    good tip on cottage cheese,
    thank you

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    Yeah, animal-based products are one of the few things you can expect to eat and remain healthy on a consistent basis.

    It's those over-processed grains and carbs that'll kill ya. Especially in our post-agrarian society.
    I agree GMOs and produce grown in vitamin leached soil are killing us slowly.

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by shittim View Post
    good tip on cottage cheese,
    thank you
    If you like cottage cheese, try it with avacado. It’s my favourite lunch.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,465
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    124

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    That does sound really, really good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry View Post
    If you like cottage cheese, try it with avacado. It’s my favourite lunch.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    But yeah, this idea that we're not created to eat meat has no scientific basis. Maybe we didn't snack on Bambi before the fall, but it sure seems as though God enabled us to do so after the fall.
    I get that everybody loves a juicy steak, so do I. I eat chicken two to three times a week and ground beef regularly. My whole premise was based on that God FIRST told us to eat vegetables. As natural predators we suck! We have no claws, small teeth, poor strength and comparatively slow. Our digestive track is not congruent with carnivorous mammals. God engineered us to be adaptive to all live in many types of environments. It doesn’t mean we will thrive in all types of environments.

    Here is an example I’m sure everybody is ready to beat me up about. Farmers wanted to increase the size of cattle, “beef” them up literally. They mixed in ground lamb with their food. It worked great because we know protein increases muscle. However, even though their systems tolerated it, and it bulked them up as expected, their three stomach digestive system unlocked something lying dormant in the sheep”s brain that initiated mad cow disease. Our dogs eat grain based kibble. They tolerate it but it’s not what they were designed to eat.

    People get so touchy here (not you Desdichado). Isn’t it possible to throw around ideas and learn as a group? Why because I make a few observations that should be obvious to most onlookers, I’m basically considered a heretic starting a vegan cult? Holy crap people, go shoot what you want and enjoy your 32 ounce ribeye. Be blessed

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    66
    Posts
    857
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    we were a totally separate creation from all other creation, made in the Creators image, that is why we don't have the
    claws , etc.
    Huckleberry likes this.

  18. #58
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,886
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry View Post
    I get that everybody loves a juicy steak, so do I. I eat chicken two to three times a week and ground beef regularly. My whole premise was based on that God FIRST told us to eat vegetables. As natural predators we suck! We have no claws, small teeth, poor strength and comparatively slow. Our digestive track is not congruent with carnivorous mammals. God engineered us to be adaptive to all live in many types of environments. It doesn’t mean we will thrive in all types of environments.

    Here is an example I’m sure everybody is ready to beat me up about. Farmers wanted to increase the size of cattle, “beef” them up literally. They mixed in ground lamb with their food. It worked great because we know protein increases muscle. However, even though their systems tolerated it, and it bulked them up as expected, their three stomach digestive system unlocked something lying dormant in the sheep”s brain that initiated mad cow disease. Our dogs eat grain based kibble. They tolerate it but it’s not what they were designed to eat.

    People get so touchy here (not you Desdichado). Isn’t it possible to throw around ideas and learn as a group? Why because I make a few observations that should be obvious to most onlookers, I’m basically considered a heretic starting a vegan cult? Holy crap people, go shoot what you want and enjoy your 32 ounce ribeye. Be blessed
    Now, now.... don't get your feelers hurt... nobody is really raggin on you, are they? I think some folks on here disagree with you, but that's just life.

    I like veggies. I like meat. I try to balance the different food types. I try to not eat too much red meat, but I don't really worry about it if it works out that I have it 5 nights a week. I like chicken, pork, salmon, tuna, venison, wild hog, turkey...

    I like eggs. I've actually learned to like oatmeal, except when I'm trying to limit carbs.

    I think that God designed us to eat and enjoy just about everything.... in moderation. I also think we modern humans have screwed that up in the name of "convenience" by over processing the good foods that God gave us to eat. The closer we get to un-processed, whole, natural/organic, the better it is for us.

    and, you have 12 pack abs? I got that beat.... I've got a pony keg ab thing going on! That beats a 12 pack any day!
    Huckleberry likes this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Quote Originally Posted by hornetguy View Post
    Now, now.... don't get your feelers hurt... nobody is really raggin on you, are they? I think some folks on here disagree with you, but that's just life.

    I like veggies. I like meat. I try to balance the different food types. I try to not eat too much red meat, but I don't really worry about it if it works out that I have it 5 nights a week. I like chicken, pork, salmon, tuna, venison, wild hog, turkey...

    I like eggs. I've actually learned to like oatmeal, except when I'm trying to limit carbs.

    I think that God designed us to eat and enjoy just about everything.... in moderation. I also think we modern humans have screwed that up in the name of "convenience" by over processing the good foods that God gave us to eat. The closer we get to un-processed, whole, natural/organic, the better it is for us.

    and, you have 12 pack abs? I got that beat.... I've got a pony keg ab thing going on! That beats a 12 pack any day!
    My feelings aren’t hurt, but yes I find it annoying when people choose to insult you and your ideas just because they are in opposition to their own. Often, like displayed on this thread, people are insulting a supposition because it’s not written directly in scripture then they pull a wilder supposition out of nowhere. It just makes it difficult to have an intelligent discussion, when some would rather attack than discuss. It’s a waste of time for everyone when you have to repeat continually what you originally stated because they are too busy formulating their opinion, instead of simply reading what you wrote.

  20. #60
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    6,046
    Rep Power
    177

    Default Re: Should Christians Hunt?

    Kill it, and grill it.
    Huckleberry likes this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TODAY GOD IS NOT ON A SIN HUNT
    By joaniemarie in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: January 26th, 2017, 10:13 PM
  2. Hunt is on for Jesus DNA
    By Sirk in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: March 25th, 2016, 07:13 PM
  3. Car Scavenger Hunt
    By Jullianna in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: March 28th, 2013, 10:31 AM
  4. treasure hunt
    By jessie_devin in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM