Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55
Like Tree50Likes

New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)

New to Christian Chat? Introduce yourself here! BUT BEWARE, you might get a lot of attention!!! :)

Thread: New here. Not a christian

  1. #41
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4,677
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    114

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    He brought the sword to earth and peace between God and his people.
    Have a fun time here

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoManGeo View Post
    Peace is not what brought Jesus here. See Mathew 10:35. I disagree with most of what the whole of Christianity teaches.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2017
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    So Geo - Hello my friend how are you? So, are you saying you are a believer and a follow of Christ? Or, if you prefer to label those meanings another way thats ok with me....I am discerning you have a lot to share with us, is that right? The reason I say that is because you seem like an intelligent person, so the title you used was to draw us in to the cause of your concerns over the term "Christian." Would that be fair to assess? What would you like to share, I will be quiet, and I invite you to share....I would love to hear your testimony. My name is Dan by the way.
    Hi Dan, I'm Geoff but Jeff's ok. Thanks for your polite words! Yes I'm a follower of Jesus and I have a lot to share. I just happen to realise how far Christianity has moved away from the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. The problem is its foundations that were not built on the teachings of Jesus but those of Paul. So I'll share this with whoever wants to listen.

  3. #43
    Member shakinah's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2012
    Age
    47
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    not saying you have but from previous experience the only so called Jesus followers i have come across that explicity reject all of pauls letters, have issues with there sexuality as paul speaks a lot on this. It will be interesting if you fit into this category, other minor issues you should find people that are happy to be called christian but fall into a certain number of denominations. Again no accusations here but will be interesting to find out. And i explicitly said those i have come across so there maybe other anti-pauline 'types' i havent as of yet come across.

  4. #44
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,203
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoManGeo View Post
    As much as I would love to be of "one mind" with every christian, I find that difficult because of what Christianity has become. If Christianity no longer teaches or does what Jesus taught, how do you expect us to be of one mind?
    youre confusing christianity with religion...

    ill follow Christ.... this makes me a christian

    not confroming to others
    Pipp and slave like this.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    27,517
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoManGeo View Post
    It's difficult to accomplish that verse if you subscribe to a faith that teaches you to disobey him.
    It would be silly to subscribe to a faith that teaches you to disobey the Lord. He created us, loves us, and knows what's best for us.

  6. #46
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    4,909
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    Lol,matt conspiracy has nothing to do with christianity nor the bible so why would I bother talking about anything christian there,when conspiracy is silly,if you actually think that talking about conspiracies has anything to do with God,Jesus,or the bible then you clearly shall stay in confusion forever,I know I've been playing in the conspiracy forum but I'll cut it out,as I said conspiracy is silly so I'll leave it to the silly people who like that sort of thing,have a ball and when you pull yourself away from such foolishness then you all that like conspiracy might actually accomplish something for God and believe in God and Jesus instead of question them forever,and yeah I like being silly every now and then but I prefer to treat God's word with respect and be serious when talking about it,not doubting and questioning because that is of no use to anyone,asking questions is great but only if you eventually learn by getting an answer to go with a question,talk about a novel idea,so please before you bug me about believing different toward conspiracy,consider if you actually believe God's Word yourself instead of treating it like some game or even some tool to provoke people,because those of us who actually believe whole heartedly in God's word the bible,which by the way is not some book(there I answered one question truthfully out of the millions that people may question about if it is true whoopee,and I didn't have to ask a thousand questions to find an answer,total mind blower huh?)don't find value in Going against God by not trusting in his word,the bible,for if all you do is ask questions and get no answers then you only inspire confusion and chaos and simply are unwittingly serving the devil,not God nor Jesus for it is written,"one cannot serve two masters" because if you try to warp God's word and teach it while claiming you believe then your works show you are trying to serve two masters because you want to have salvation but you don't want to give up your mischief,so please all you who delight in conspiracy make up your minds whom you serve before you end up with no question as to where you'll end up because God and Jesus are patient but the better "question" is...how much time do you need, to deliberate before you can decide on what you believe?,because if this stays unanswered then you can't work for God nor Jesus because you can't be"double minded"and expect that by default you'll just say lord lord at judgement day and you'll go to heaven,nope, because as it is also written "faith without works is dead faith" so the second death awaits you,and that is no speculation!

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2017
    Age
    60
    Posts
    721
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Lol,matt conspiracy has nothing to do with christianity nor the bible
    First of all, bro...you need to get some paragraph breaks. I'm going blind trying to read your post.

    Second of all, I'm not sure who you think you're arguing with. I don't follow "conspiracies" because I need and want to be involved in "conspiracies" - LOL. Nor do I follow "conspiracies" at all, really. I'm interested in Bible prophecy. We're living in the end times and Jesus had many specific instructions about the end times...every one of which you are disregarding, as far as I can tell.

    ,if you actually think that talking about conspiracies has anything to do with God,Jesus,or the bible
    Uh, you may want to crack open a Bible at some point. The Bible is absolutely replete with reports of conspiracies, predictions of conspiracies, descriptions of conspiracies, warnings about conspiracies. The Bible speaks volumes about the "conspiracies" (or "schemes") of the Devil...as just one of numerous examples. The Bible predicts satanic undercover agents will infiltrate the conservative Bible-believing church world in the last days...and if you were paying attention, you would have noticed this was happening. What?!...you think TobyMac plasters the covers of his CDs, his websites, his promo photos and materials with satanic symbols and signalings...for fun and games?

    No, it's a fulfillment of ancient Bible prophecies of the Lord Jesus from 2000 years ago. Time to wake up and smell the coffee. Not for nothing does the Bible warn about "wolves in sheep's clothing". You think the Bible is joking about these wolves? You think the Bible is a joke-book?

    I like being silly every now and then
    "Every now and then"?? Son, you're wall-papering that forum. You've got multiple threads over there.

    conspiracy is silly so I'll leave it to the silly people
    Yes, but not until you make one last insulting crack about "silly people" - LOL.

    you can't work for God nor Jesus because you can't be"double minded"and expect that by default you'll just say lord lord at judgement day and you'll go to heaven,nope, because as it is also written "faith without works is dead faith" so the second death awaits you,and that is no speculation!
    The "second death" awaits me? I'm going to Hell? All I did was suggest you not ridicule people who are posting comments in the "conspiracy" section. What in the world?

    Don't want to be too hard on you but.. man oh man...you're beating me senseless. Good grief.
    Last edited by MattTooFor; May 14th, 2017 at 10:16 PM.
    My 'e-booklet' - The Great Apostasy Plot

  8. #48
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    4,909
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    whoa now hold up a little I never said You in particular would share the second death I said those that focus their time on so many riddles and conspiracies instead of trying to actually understand the bible may end up with that end result not you just anyone in general,I get what you are saying I know the bible speaks clearly that there will be false prophets and ravenous wolves in lambs clothing deceiving people into following contrary to God,I just feel strongly that getting obsessed or over focused on things such as false prophets or the anti christ is about the same as giving glory to such evil ways,true we need to know how to recognize so we don't fall into their snares but I'm just concerned that if anyone analyzes such behaviours more than needed, then they too may be lost,besides in Ecclesiastes chapter 3 it states that God made the world set in their heart so that none may no what God hath created from beginning to end,so implying that we shall never know all that God has done nor what tricks the devil may try to pull,yet there are so many that are trying to act like they can know everything,and read the bible as a book,not spiritually,I just wouldn't want anyone to focus more on researching what we physically can know about the bible,instead of what the holy spirit can teach us spiritually of the bible,that's all,because it's easy in this world to focus more on what one shouldn't do instead of what one should and deceive oneself into being led astray yet believing they are not by way of habit(sorry about the paragraphs,I'm on a phone not a computer so it's not so easy to do proper paragraphs.) or as the bible puts it" having a reprobate mind",just a constant concern of mine.

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2017
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    After reading all this, I don't want to be a part of this at all. Thanks.

  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2017
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    Judgementalism is not attractive. Leave the guy alone.
    joefizz likes this.

  11. #51
    Senior Member slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2015
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,304
    Blog Entries
    53
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoManGeo View Post
    Hi Dan, I'm Geoff but Jeff's ok. Thanks for your polite words! Yes I'm a follower of Jesus and I have a lot to share. I just happen to realise how far Christianity has moved away from the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. The problem is its foundations that were not built on the teachings of Jesus but those of Paul. So I'll share this with whoever wants to listen.
    Geoff, sorry I called you Geo, I like to nickname people sometimes, subconsciously, as a gesture of camaraderie. But I was on board with you until you went to the very specific concerns of Paul. That was interesting...what experiences brings you to this conclusion? I'm not sure why you think Christianity has moved away from Jesus Christ more so than just people in the body of Christ, are not following Christianity which is the following of Jesus Christ?! We tend to sometimes micromanage a particular issue, and then conclude a broad band of over-reaching conclusions. But I am interested in your view.

    So, let me ask you two questions before you tell us those details: One - At the end of your reasoning (which came by way of happenstance), what are your emotional feelings about Christians then as a whole (just the end result, not the process of reasoning)? And second - what are your emotional feelings about people who wrongly believe mis-information( again, not based on the process of reasoning, but simply the end answer of how you feel)? And then ask yourself: "Is this the way God would have me feel about them both? (Again, unrelated to your process of reasoning in getting there).
    Last edited by slave; May 15th, 2017 at 01:15 AM.

  12. #52
    Senior Member slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2015
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,304
    Blog Entries
    53
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoManGeo View Post
    I have not met a christian who's not "lukewarm" and the problem is not the Christians but this so called Christianity they subscribe to. The best it can do is make its adherents lukewarm.
    Hello my name is Dan, I am not lukewarm and I am a Christian, which for me simply means a believer and I chose also to be a follower of Jesus Christ. (Disciple).

  13. #53
    Senior Member slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2015
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,304
    Blog Entries
    53
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    Geoff - wouldn't it be easier for us to know what you do believe versus what you don't? It makes for great debate material, but we have too much of that already, let's find our common grounds shall we and we can discuss and discover from there. What do you think?

  14. #54
    Senior Member Socreta93's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2015
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    I don't care what your beliefs are just hope you have an open mind about somethings and don't force your beliefs on others. With that said welcome to CC
    “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.”
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



    "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." - Leo Buscaglia

  15. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2017
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New here. Not a christian

    Hi, so happy to meet you here. I hope you are having a great time?☺

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. New Christian with social anxiety seeking Christian support team
    By Zelly541 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: March 6th, 2017, 10:24 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 7th, 2015, 10:11 AM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: February 4th, 2015, 03:43 PM