Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
Like Tree121Likes

New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)

New to Christian Chat? Introduce yourself here! BUT BEWARE, you might get a lot of attention!!! :)

Thread: Hello from Queensland

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2018
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Hello from Queensland

    Hello everyone, new to the site. I am a KJV Bible believing Christian in regional Queensland. I got saved and converted from Roman Catholicism some years ago.
    ( Not looking to provoke any debate in my first post with those points, just providing some background) I look forward to meeting others on the forum and taking part in good conversations as I find it isn't easy to meet other bible believing Christians here. Thanks!
    tourist, danja, slave and 5 others like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member MichaelOwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerpaw View Post
    Hello everyone, new to the site. I am a KJV Bible believing Christian in regional Queensland. I got saved and converted from Roman Catholicism some years ago.
    ( Not looking to provoke any debate in my first post with those points, just providing some background) I look forward to meeting others on the forum and taking part in good conversations as I find it isn't easy to meet other bible believing Christians here. Thanks!

    It's a blessing to have you here! Your a child of God, and that's what matters the most. There are so many here who love the Lord and it's great to meet another fellow Christian. Greetings from the U, S, of A
    danja, Isny, joefizz and 3 others like this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    18,921
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    398

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    There are many members that rely on the KJV exclusively so you are not alone in that regard and many from Australia as well. There are many ongoing conversations in the various forums and threads. Feel free to create your own thread on any topic. Yes, at times there is heated debate, especially in the Bible Discussion Forum but generally, most members genuinely care for each other despite this not always being obvious. Bible believing Christians is what happens here. Glad to have you as a member of our community. Looking forward to your posts. Welcome to CC.
    danja, slave, Isny and 5 others like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2018
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    That's great to hear! Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    There are many members that rely on the KJV exclusively so you are not alone in that regard and many from Australia as well. There are many ongoing conversations in the various forums and threads. Feel free to create your own thread on any topic. Yes, at times there is heated debate, especially in the Bible Discussion Forum but generally, most members genuinely care for each other despite this not always being obvious. Bible believing Christians is what happens here. Glad to have you as a member of our community. Looking forward to your posts. Welcome to CC.
    tourist, Isny, joefizz and 2 others like this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    18,921
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    398

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerpaw View Post
    That's great to hear! Thank you!
    You're quite welcome. I pray that this site is as much a blessing to you as it is for me.
    slave, Isny, joefizz and 4 others like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  6. #6
    Senior Member danja's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 28th, 2014
    Age
    32
    Posts
    783
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    welcome sister

  7. #7
    Senior Member slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2015
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,714
    Blog Entries
    53
    Rep Power
    87

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Hello badgerpaw - Welcome to "CC." But more importantly welcome as a Sister in Christ! I love His word !! King James and all, and I love discussing and discovering God thru it with others, as equal parts of the Family of God. I hope to hear more of your testimony, grab a welcome snack over there and let's enjoy the fellowship. I hope to fellowship with you thru-out the hallways. Smile. May God richly Bless you here.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Isny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2017
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Hello, we are so happy to have you with us. We hope you find many friends here and good fellowship. We look forward to posting with you. Welcome to Christian Chat.
    danja, slave, joefizz and 5 others like this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    63
    Posts
    917
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Good day there Badgerpaw,
    greetings from the Barossa Valley SA

    A similar testimony I too was Roman Catholic all my life
    and then the full gospel of salvation came to me and I was
    converted to Pentecostal faith.

    Welcome aboard and enjoy the CC community.


    danja, slave, joefizz and 4 others like this.
    for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
    1Corinthians 9:16

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2018
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Thanks Waggles, good to know there are a few Aussies around here

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    Good day there Badgerpaw,
    greetings from the Barossa Valley SA

    A similar testimony I too was Roman Catholic all my life
    and then the full gospel of salvation came to me and I was
    converted to Pentecostal faith.

    Welcome aboard and enjoy the CC community.



  11. #11
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    63
    Posts
    917
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Yes we tell these foreigners all about the awesome power of Vegemite.



    The CIA have been after the recipe for years
    Deade and HisUnfailingLove like this.
    for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
    1Corinthians 9:16

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,402
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    Yes we tell these foreigners all about the awesome power of Vegemite.



    The CIA have been after the recipe for years
    Vegemite makes the venomous and big teeth creatures of the Australian outback come across friendly .
    Last edited by Susanna; 1 Week Ago at 06:02 PM.
    Isny, Deade, badgerpaw and 1 others like this.
    AWV

  13. #13
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,394
    Rep Power
    176

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!
    God I am but your servant to command have your holy spirit have me speak truth!
    If you don't believe in true love then please don't tell me not to believe in it because I believe it to be real.
    Jesus your sacrifice is worth more than everyone's works.
    satan ye vile tempter seek me as your target and I'll be waiting with a bible in hand,a song in my heart,and truth ringing in your ears forever.
    Derail,randomness and humor=Joefizz the king of fizzy randomness.


  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2018
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Yep had some this morning for brekky in fact!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    Yes we tell these foreigners all about the awesome power of Vegemite.



    The CIA have been after the recipe for years
    Isny, Waggles, Deade and 1 others like this.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Deade's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2017
    Age
    71
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Hello badgerpaw, glad to have you here at cc. I hope you'll enjoy you time here. I look forward to posting with you.



    Yum eat em up
    Romans 8:28: “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
    to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

  16. #16
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    28,038
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    362

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Peace mate from an American that loves AU...been there 11 times, spent over a year there in NSW in the Sydney area (PENRITH) and have spent 9 days in Port Douglas snorkeling the Great Barrier reef.....peace my AU friend and glad to have ya......

  17. #17
    Senior Member Isny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2017
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Australia is indeed a fine place to visit. I'm not surprised that decontroversal has been there so often.

    During our first trip we circled the country in rented cars plus Tassie. It took us 3 months staying as close as possible to the water. The best place in Queensland is Heron Island...the diving!

    Now for the food. Witchetty grubs are somewhat bland. They are best eaten slightly heated. They can also be eaten fresh (live). They have a nutty taste, a little like almonds. But the honey ants are quite delightful (usually found in the ground near Mulga bushes). Hold the front of the ant in two fingers, place the back part full of honey in your mouth and pull. Oh so delicious!

    I have never had the courage to eat vegemite. But I have thought about getting some to use as grease around small moving parts in my lawnmower engine. However I'm afraid it might dissolve the metal that it comes in contact with.

    Question: Do vegemite eating people in Australia live as long as normal people?

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2018
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up Re: Hello from Queensland

    Heron Island is THE place to be!


    Quote Originally Posted by Isny View Post
    Australia is indeed a fine place to visit. I'm not surprised that decontroversal has been there so often.

    During our first trip we circled the country in rented cars plus Tassie. It took us 3 months staying as close as possible to the water. The best place in Queensland is Heron Island...the diving!

    Now for the food. Witchetty grubs are somewhat bland. They are best eaten slightly heated. They can also be eaten fresh (live). They have a nutty taste, a little like almonds. But the honey ants are quite delightful (usually found in the ground near Mulga bushes). Hold the front of the ant in two fingers, place the back part full of honey in your mouth and pull. Oh so delicious!

    I have never had the courage to eat vegemite. But I have thought about getting some to use as grease around small moving parts in my lawnmower engine. However I'm afraid it might dissolve the metal that it comes in contact with.

    Question: Do vegemite eating people in Australia live as long as normal people?
    Deade likes this.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    63
    Posts
    917
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Quote Originally Posted by Isny View Post
    Question: Do vegemite eating people in Australia live as long as normal people?
    We outlive them plenty.

    This is me at 40 years of age due to the vitality and vitamins
    in every jar of Vegemite!!!


    Isny, Deade and HisUnfailingLove like this.
    for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
    1Corinthians 9:16

  20. #20
    Senior Member HisUnfailingLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2018
    Age
    50
    Posts
    431
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Hello from Queensland

    Hello

    Nice to meet you! I'm a newbie also. And I love Vegemite - and eat it almost everyday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hi from Queensland!
    By WhiteRose in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: November 3rd, 2017, 02:29 AM
  2. Northern Queensland braces for another tropical cyclone
    By royalscot in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 18th, 2015, 09:22 AM
  3. Hello from Queensland, Australia!
    By MelodyJoy in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 4th, 2013, 07:59 AM
  4. Hello from Yeppoon, queensland Au
    By PrayerWarrior4Jesus in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2011, 11:25 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2011, 06:13 PM