Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
Like Tree75Likes

Prayer Requests

Have a prayer request, or want to pray for others? Here's the place.

Thread: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

  1. #21
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,218
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    375

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    I LOVE this picture..So pretty..


    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieAnt View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss, dear sister Happyface. I'm praying you find comfort in God's loving grace.

    AuntieAnt likes this.


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Imagine Blue Ladybug and an orange kitty army!!


    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  2. #22
    Senior Member happyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2009
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,466
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    Hi and I'm so touched by so many messages. It's true that We find a strength when needed throughout life's trials. I'm glad Rod is in peace now. Amen.
    Miri, PennEd, levi85 and 7 others like this.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Sherril's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2017
    Age
    62
    Posts
    168
    Blog Entries
    112
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    May Abba hold you in His loving arms, as you are lifted up and kept as He shows you His sweet peace, for He is your comfort..........{Ecclesiastes 3} To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
    3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
    8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
    9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
    10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
    11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: ........love in Christ Sherril...
    blue_ladybug and AuntieAnt like this.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    18,887
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    378

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    The wrestling is over for Rod. I still worry about you. Saw this today in Spurgeon's devotional, and thought of you.

    “And the LORD shall guide thee continually.”
    Isa. 58:11


    “The Lord shall guide thee.” Not an angel, but JEHOVAH shall guide thee. He said he would not go through the wilderness before his people, an angel should go before them to lead them in the way; but Moses said, “If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.” Christian, God has not left you in your earthly pilgrimage to an angel’s guidance: he himself leads the van. You may not see the cloudy, fiery pillar, but Jehovah will never forsake you. Notice the word shall-”The Lord shall guide thee.” How certain this makes it! How sure it is that God will not forsake us! His precious “shalls” and “wills” are better than men’s oaths. “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” Then observe the adverb continually. We are not merely to be guided sometimes, but we are to have a perpetual monitor; not occasionally to be left to our own understanding, and so to wander, but we are continually to hear the guiding voice of the Great Shepherd; and if we follow close at his heels, we shall not err, but be led by a right way to a city to dwell in. If you have to change your position in life; if you have to emigrate to distant shores; if it should happen that you are cast into poverty, or uplifted suddenly into a more responsible position than the one you now occupy; if you are thrown among strangers, or cast among foes, yet tremble not, for “the Lord shall guide thee continually.” There are no dilemmas out of which you shall not be delivered if you live near to God, and your heart be kept warm with holy love. He goes not amiss who goes in the company of God. Like Enoch, walk with God, and you cannot mistake your road. You have infallible wisdom to direct you, immutable love to comfort you, and eternal power to defend you. “Jehovah”-mark the word-”Jehovah shall guide thee continually.”
    AuntieAnt likes this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  5. #25
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    18,362
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    368

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    Quote Originally Posted by happyface View Post
    Hi and I'm so touched by so many messages. It's true that We find a strength when needed throughout life's trials. I'm glad Rod is in peace now. Amen.
    And know I pray for God's peace and comfort for you as well as you begin a new chapter your life's story. It may prove to be quite an adventure.
    AuntieAnt likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  6. #26
    Senior Member happyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2009
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,466
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    The wrestling is over for Rod. I still worry about you. Saw this today in Spurgeon's devotional, and thought of you.

    “And the LORD shall guide thee continually.”
    Isa. 58:11


    “The Lord shall guide thee.” Not an angel, but JEHOVAH shall guide thee. He said he would not go through the wilderness before his people, an angel should go before them to lead them in the way; but Moses said, “If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.” Christian, God has not left you in your earthly pilgrimage to an angel’s guidance: he himself leads the van. You may not see the cloudy, fiery pillar, but Jehovah will never forsake you. Notice the word shall-”The Lord shall guide thee.” How certain this makes it! How sure it is that God will not forsake us! His precious “shalls” and “wills” are better than men’s oaths. “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” Then observe the adverb continually. We are not merely to be guided sometimes, but we are to have a perpetual monitor; not occasionally to be left to our own understanding, and so to wander, but we are continually to hear the guiding voice of the Great Shepherd; and if we follow close at his heels, we shall not err, but be led by a right way to a city to dwell in. If you have to change your position in life; if you have to emigrate to distant shores; if it should happen that you are cast into poverty, or uplifted suddenly into a more responsible position than the one you now occupy; if you are thrown among strangers, or cast among foes, yet tremble not, for “the Lord shall guide thee continually.” There are no dilemmas out of which you shall not be delivered if you live near to God, and your heart be kept warm with holy love. He goes not amiss who goes in the company of God. Like Enoch, walk with God, and you cannot mistake your road. You have infallible wisdom to direct you, immutable love to comfort you, and eternal power to defend you. “Jehovah”-mark the word-”Jehovah shall guide thee continually.”
    Hi Lynn, I'm so touched by the power of your message to me. I continue to find ways of keeping my faith in God. Yes I have moments of crying and reaching out. But I know it's all part of grieving. Thanks Lynn fir your wonderful character I do notice the kind people on here. God bless you x

  7. #27
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    18,887
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    378

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    Quote Originally Posted by happyface View Post
    Hi Lynn, I'm so touched by the power of your message to me. I continue to find ways of keeping my faith in God. Yes I have moments of crying and reaching out. But I know it's all part of grieving. Thanks Lynn fir your wonderful character I do notice the kind people on here. God bless you x
    Moments of crying? I'd be bawling my eyes out!

    I had a moment of crying when I read the news. Feel free to bawl eyes out as much as you need to. Just make sure there's lots of tissues and a big bin to throw them in while doing it. (And then come up for air occasionally, because you still need to eat and sleep.)

    I'd be a big help, if I could be there with you. We'd be passing the tissues back and forth. (Not that I cry or anything. ) I really do hurt for you. Yes, Rod's finally okay, but you must keep going. And that hurts in a whole different way.
    AuntieAnt likes this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  8. #28
    Senior Member happyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2009
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,466
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    Moments of crying? I'd be bawling my eyes out!

    I had a moment of crying when I read the news. Feel free to bawl eyes out as much as you need to. Just make sure there's lots of tissues and a big bin to throw them in while doing it. (And then come up for air occasionally, because you still need to eat and sleep.)

    I'd be a big help, if I could be there with you. We'd be passing the tissues back and forth. (Not that I cry or anything. ) I really do hurt for you. Yes, Rod's finally okay, but you must keep going. And that hurts in a whole different way.
    Hi Lynn, your wit has always amused me alot. You really do make me smile even if you can't see it. It's a dry wit you have. Thanks Lynn for just be nice to me. X
    Depleted and AuntieAnt like this.

  9. #29
    Senior Member jenniferand2's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,408
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    Quote Originally Posted by happyface View Post
    Hi just to let Lynn and blue_ladybug know. My husband Rod passed away on 24th December. He's now in peace. Away from fear and pain. Amen
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is not easy hearing from people that he is in peace now etc. it is nice to hear that but it does not give you much comfort. You have lost a very important person in your life. I pray for you to heal from his death. I pray that you can now be at peace knowing he is not suffering anymore. I pray that you find the strength to know that you did what you could do for him and to slowly get through this and start to slowly enjoy life again as much as you can. God bless you I will pray for peace in your heart during this time of sadness
    Depleted likes this.
    Let He Who lives without sin cast the first stone.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,083
    Rep Power
    485

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    So sorry to hear of your loss, happyface.

    My condolences to you and all who loved Rod.

    The gift of love is the greatest blessing of all.

    Prayers for your healing, and for strength to face the days ahead.







    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2017
    Age
    48
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    Quote Originally Posted by happyface View Post
    Hi just to let Lynn and blue_ladybug know. My husband Rod passed away on 24th December. He's now in peace. Away from fear and pain. Amen
    I’m so sorry.

    God knows you are hurting and He will never leave you nor forsake you. I pray that His peace and comfort will be upon you as you go through this season.

    Thank you for sharing. God bless.

  12. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    i'm so sorry for your loss - my LH passed over 2 years ago...it still hurts at times and i miss him...what helped me, when you're ready, is griefshare.com...please check them out.

  13. #33
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,218
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    375

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    LH?

    Quote Originally Posted by CMarie View Post
    i'm so sorry for your loss - my LH passed over 2 years ago...it still hurts at times and i miss him...what helped me, when you're ready, is griefshare.com...please check them out.


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Imagine Blue Ladybug and an orange kitty army!!


    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  14. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    LH?
    ) LH means Late husband.
    blue_ladybug likes this.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    18,887
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    378

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    Happy? I'm not sure if I should ask this or state it emphatically, because I want it to be so, so very much, but please tell me you can continue to live in your new home... right? (I don't know if the council let you have it for Rod's sake, your sake, or both.)
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  16. #36
    Senior Member happyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2009
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,466
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    Hi Lynn, yes it's my own bungalow in my name because it's a disabled bungalow. It was for me and my disability. So thank the lord for looking out or me. Thanks for adding Lynn. X
    Depleted and notmyown like this.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    18,887
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    378

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    How are you doing today, Happy?
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  18. #38
    Senior Member happyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2009
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,466
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    Hi Lynn, I won't write on this anymore because it's unfair on people scrolling through it gets to long. But I'm OK Lynn. It's getting through things slowly and with God's help. You know the lady who gave me Rods death certificate today at the hospital, she knew me as soon as I walked through the door. She was a nurse and remembered me all those years ago when I worked at the hospital. I was really mixed up back then in the 80s and 90s I was drinking heavily and very neive, people used me. But Jeanette knew me for my caring ways. I felt so happy someone like that remembered me. Rod learnt me so much in life about myself, we was meant to meet really I know it. I hope I've explained to you a little of my life. I've always liked you Lynn and can sense you have been through alot yourself. I'm getting stronger and I know my strength is Jesus. X

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2017
    Age
    63
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: My husband passed away on Christmas eve

    My condolences,

    May God Bless you in your time of Great need.

    Amen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. please pray for my passed husband
    By Virginia123 in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: September 20th, 2017, 11:56 AM
  2. Replies: 135
    Last Post: December 26th, 2014, 09:51 AM
  3. my husband passed three weeks ago of 32 yrs how do i get through this
    By nanasmith in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: December 24th, 2013, 02:40 PM
  4. Boyfriend passed away </3
    By Megskelley in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: September 20th, 2013, 10:12 AM
  5. my husband passed away
    By miriam810 in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: March 4th, 2013, 04:41 AM