Results 1 to 16 of 16

Prayer Requests

Have a prayer request, or want to pray for others? Here's the place.

Thread: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

  1. #1
    shedrach
    Guest

    Post A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    AM JUST LIKE A PROPHET WHO PRAY FOR OTHERS.WHEN IT WORKS FOR YOU .YOU CAN THANK ME WITH ANYTHING IN RETURN.
    WRITE YOUR NEEDS,YOUR NAME IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO ME AND WATCH THE MIRACLES OF GOD IN YOUR LIFE.

  2. #2
    Senior Member pickles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2009
    Age
    54
    Posts
    13,852
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    We need all the prayers that God Our Father calls.
    God bless, pickles
    Its really not that complicated, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life we are called to!
    The Joy of the Lord is your streangth!

  3. #3
    shedrach
    Guest

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    PLS EXPLAIN TO ME,I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

  4. #4
    shedrach
    Guest

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    pickles when it works what will you give me in return

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    985
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    I think she's basically saying we all need prayers, and God calls certain people forth to pray. You should be very careful in saying ''you can thank me with anything in return'' that comes across as being very prideful. Don't want to give off the wrong impression. We're to be humble in the Lord. We shouldn't expect, or want anything in return for praying for others. They should feel the desire to pray in return, but as the one who says ''I'll pray for you'' then actually prays, we shouldn't ask for anything in return.

  6. #6
    Aliciaforjesus
    Guest

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    Quote Originally Posted by shedrach View Post
    pickles when it works what will you give me in return

    are you a prophet that gets paid?
    a prophet who gets paid to be a prophet, is he really a prophet at all?

    Balaam would always want something in return for his word from the Lord.

    A true prophet serves God, not himself, nor is it for your Glory!

    You may not of meant it to sound like this, but I must warn you a prophet doesn't shout he's a prophet, He shouts what God tells him to shout,
    it has nothing to do with you and your Glory nor is it for a profit.
    Last edited by Aliciaforjesus; December 17th, 2009 at 02:48 PM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    985
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    Quote Originally Posted by Aliciaforjesus View Post
    are you a prophet that gets paid?
    a prophet who gets paid to be a prophet, is he really a prophet at all?

    Balaam would always want something in return for his word from the Lord.

    A true prophet serves God, not himself, nor is it for your Glory!

    You may not of meant it to sound like this, but I must warn you a prophet doesn't shout he's a prophet, He shouts what God tells him to shout,
    it has nothing to do with you and your Glory nor is it for a profit.
    AMEN! Exactly. People generally don't go around announcing things like that. They most certainly don't go around asking for anything in return...sounds more like those fortune tellers on t.v.. ''Call Spiritual sister'' or ''call Spiritual brother'' so and so, or ''call'' whomever, ''today for your free palm reading'' or ''for your fortune to be told'' craziness, that's NOT from God at all. The Bible warns us, many false people shall come in the name of the Lord...be VERY careful everyone.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2009
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,576
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    The bible says don't muzzle an ox, and give honor where honor is due. In other words, it's ok to receive something back for service rendered, even in the name of God. By the way Balaam's sin was not receiving something for a job well done but for receiving something in order to do evil. Your asking whether a prophet who gets paid is of God but look around you nearly every church pastor, even your church pastor, is getting a salary or something for what he does.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2009
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,576
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    But I agree this guy sounds like a fraud...like my Nigerian banker. I'll pray for you for free.

  10. #10
    igh
    Guest

    Thumbs up Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    Quote Originally Posted by shedrach View Post
    AM JUST LIKE A PROPHET WHO PRAY FOR OTHERS.WHEN IT WORKS FOR YOU .YOU CAN THANK ME WITH ANYTHING IN RETURN.
    WRITE YOUR NEEDS,YOUR NAME IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO ME AND WATCH THE MIRACLES OF GOD IN YOUR LIFE.
    What do you want?

  11. #11
    Aliciaforjesus
    Guest

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    Quote Originally Posted by MahogonySnail View Post
    The bible says don't muzzle an ox, and give honor where honor is due. In other words, it's ok to receive something back for service rendered, even in the name of God. By the way Balaam's sin was not receiving something for a job well done but for receiving something in order to do evil. Your asking whether a prophet who gets paid is of God but look around you nearly every church pastor, even your church pastor, is getting a salary or something for what he does.

    Just because all the churches do it, does not make it right!

    How much of that is based on the traditions of man?

    Balaam was a prophet for hire, and your right it does sound like most churches today.
    Hmmmm!




  12. #12
    Senior Member pickles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2009
    Age
    54
    Posts
    13,852
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    Quote Originally Posted by Stand_Up_4_God View Post
    I think she's basically saying we all need prayers, and God calls certain people forth to pray. You should be very careful in saying ''you can thank me with anything in return'' that comes across as being very prideful. Don't want to give off the wrong impression. We're to be humble in the Lord. We shouldn't expect, or want anything in return for praying for others. They should feel the desire to pray in return, but as the one who says ''I'll pray for you'' then actually prays, we shouldn't ask for anything in return.
    Thankyou, that is what I meant.The more that pray, the more that Our Lord God helps and is glorified.
    God bless, pickles
    Its really not that complicated, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life we are called to!
    The Joy of the Lord is your streangth!

  13. #13
    Senior Member pickles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2009
    Age
    54
    Posts
    13,852
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    Quote Originally Posted by shedrach View Post
    pickles when it works what will you give me in return
    You are already in my prayers.
    God bless, pickles
    Its really not that complicated, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life we are called to!
    The Joy of the Lord is your streangth!

  14. #14
    Senior Member Sharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,543
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    Lets all pray for the OP - he seems confused.

  15. #15
    FixYourWeave
    Guest

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    what is an op???

  16. #16
    Aliciaforjesus
    Guest

    Default Re: A PROPHET WHO PRAYS

    If you are a prophet, than maybe you are a young one in the Lord!

    A title is just a title.

    Pharaoh had a title,
    Nebuchadnezzar had a title, but what makes the difference is the testimony.

    John the Baptist had a testimony.
    Elijah had a testimony.

    Jesus had a testimony!

    All of which gave Glory to God, not themselves!

Similar Threads

  1. The Description Of A False Prophet
    By Baruch in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: March 20th, 2011, 10:21 PM
  2. Prophets, real or false
    By Jezreel in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: October 15th, 2009, 01:07 AM
  3. I need your prays I'm ill
    By lauraCA in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 16th, 2009, 02:33 AM

Tags for this Thread