Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
Like Tree71Likes

Suggestions

Have a suggestion for Christian Chat .com? Post it here!

Thread: Limit New Threads

  1. #21
    Senior Member Socreta93's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2015
    Age
    23
    Posts
    643
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    I'm not a fan of limiting people here, but that's just me. I understand why you want to limit some users but in the grand scheme of things, I don't a time to come where I need prayer or want to share a testimony and my limit is up. Wrong to limit God
    “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.”
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



    "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." - Leo Buscaglia

  2. #22
    HisHolly
    Guest

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Would be interesting to see what would be posted though... Since they'd be forced to choose between

  3. #23
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    13,020
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    226

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    Being a good and faithful capitalist... I will sell my 5 threads to the highest bidder each week.

    I may even builder a website for brokering other people's unused threads.

    : )
    I have been here for 539 days.

    539 days is equal to
    77 weeks. In that time I have started 2 threads.

    That means I have 383 threads to sell, based on five threads per week.

    How much will you give me for my 383 threads?
    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love




  4. #24
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,715
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    I have been here for 539 days.

    539 days is equal to
    77 weeks. In that time I have started 2 threads.

    That means I have 383 threads to sell, based on five threads per week.

    How much will you give me for my 383 threads?

    Message me privately,
    I'll send you a contract.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2016
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,205
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    I agree.

    I urge the mods to create a new "bureau of revelation",
    to test all threads for revelatory authenticity.

    If any threads are found NOT to come directly from God...
    well...
    ummm...
    I'm not sure really.

    I guess the authors have to be put to death.
    Oh, please, don't do this: I would be the only person left alive!! LOL!!
    maxwel likes this.

  6. #26
    LaurenTM
    Guest

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    On a Christian website, those making rules should pray to the Lord for guidance. That's what makes it a Christian website.


    and how is that working?

    trolls...mean anything?

    I disagree about what makes a website Christian

    you seem distracted...you forgot to answer the question I asked...never mind...it's a mute point anyway
    Last edited by LaurenTM; December 23rd, 2016 at 09:00 PM.

  7. #27
    LaurenTM
    Guest

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by Socreta93 View Post
    I'm not a fan of limiting people here, but that's just me. I understand why you want to limit some users but in the grand scheme of things, I don't a time to come where I need prayer or want to share a testimony and my limit is up. Wrong to limit God

    so anything goes means that God has His way?

    yeah...that'll work....

    let's remove all the stop signs on residential roads too...

  8. #28
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,655
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by LaurenTM View Post
    and how is that working?

    trolls...mean anything?

    I disagree about what makes a website Christian

    you seem distracted...you forgot to answer the question I asked...never mind...it's a mute point anyway
    You originally asked, “who is limited? God or the poster?”

    Well, if you put a limit on the number of threads a person can start, both are limited. I’m not saying it’s wrong to put a limit on the number of threads a person starts, but I’d suggest you be careful not to limit people not too much. The Lord certainly does try to speak on this website. If you set too strict a limit, not only do you limit trolls, you also limit the Lord.

    Your next question: “How is that working?” Well, I’d say this is a great website, so I guess it’s working well.

    Your next question: “Trolls … mean anything?” I hardly notice them. Maybe I'm naive. I take the original post of a thread at face value, comment, if I choose, and move on. Once in a while it occurs to me later that the poster might just be trying to stir up trouble.
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

  9. #29
    LaurenTM
    Guest

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    ok....people not posting nonsense and junk limit God

    funny how I never saw that

    and who said anything about what kind of site this is?

    are you trying to make it seem I said anything against the site?

    as usual, you are right off target

    let's just forget I even said anything before I get a rash from the inside out....

    BTW? the forum is not just about how you post or what you read...some people actually wonder how newcomers or young Christians view it...and THEREFORE we consider alternatives or perhaps not allowing trolls and trouble makers to go crazy with new threads

    somehow conceiving that God is blessed with spamming and trolling and trying to catfish people is beyond what I consider the norm for a Christian forum

  10. #30
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,655
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by LaurenTM View Post
    ok....people not posting nonsense and junk limit God

    funny how I never saw that

    and who said anything about what kind of site this is?

    are you trying to make it seem I said anything against the site?

    as usual, you are right off target

    let's just forget I even said anything before I get a rash from the inside out....

    BTW? the forum is not just about how you post or what you read...some people actually wonder how newcomers or young Christians view it...and THEREFORE we consider alternatives or perhaps not allowing trolls and trouble makers to go crazy with new threads

    somehow conceiving that God is blessed with spamming and trolling and trying to catfish people is beyond what I consider the norm for a Christian forum
    What is it people are saying that troubles you so?
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

  11. #31
    LaurenTM
    Guest

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    What is it people are saying that troubles you so?

    LOL!

    a little reverse psychology?

    you seem nice enough, but you are one of those people I just can't talk to

    must be my impatience.....
    blue_ladybug likes this.

  12. #32
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,655
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by LaurenTM View Post
    LOL!

    a little reverse psychology?

    you seem nice enough, but you are one of those people I just can't talk to

    must be my impatience.....
    Well, I treat you with respect.
    blue_ladybug likes this.
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

  13. #33
    Senior Member wwjd_kilden's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    34,365
    Rep Power
    113

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    I agree there should be a limit of nr of threads pr time period.

    and that isn't censorship, and it certainly isn't restricting God. If God suddenly tells me to remind CC-ers they are loved there are plenty of existing threads where I can share this messge without starting one thread named "God loves" , another called "God loves you" and a third called "the love of God"

  14. #34
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,655
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd_kilden View Post
    I agree there should be a limit of nr of threads pr time period.

    and that isn't censorship, and it certainly isn't restricting God. If God suddenly tells me to remind CC-ers they are loved there are plenty of existing threads where I can share this messge without starting one thread named "God loves" , another called "God loves you" and a third called "the love of God"
    As you grow older, hopefully you will grow wiser, and God will want to have you speak to the people on this website more and more often. If you make a rule saying that you can only start five threads a week, then you are telling God that he can only use you five times a week. I think he might want to use you more than five times a week, in some cases. I go for long periods of time without feeling I need to start even one thread. Then, all of a sudden, I feel the need to start several in a short period of time. I am just telling you that you should be careful about this.
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

  15. #35
    Senior Member wwjd_kilden's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    34,365
    Rep Power
    113

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    As you grow older, hopefully you will grow wiser, and God will want to have you speak to the people on this website more and more often. If you make a rule saying that you can only start five threads a week, then you are telling God that he can only use you five times a week. I think he might want to use you more than five times a week, in some cases. I go for long periods of time without feeling I need to start even one thread. Then, all of a sudden, I feel the need to start several in a short period of time. I am just telling you that you should be careful about this.
    If I have something to share, I can share it in speak your mind, miscellaneous or any thread with a topic that is related to my message. There is no need for me to make ten threads a day like some people here do. ... and why would God suddenly give me a whole load of separate topics within a few minutes in the same day? That sounds more like something someone would do from boredom, not divine intervention.

  16. #36
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,655
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd_kilden View Post
    If I have something to share, I can share it in speak your mind, miscellaneous or any thread with a topic that is related to my message. There is no need for me to make ten threads a day like some people here do. ... and why would God suddenly give me a whole load of separate topics within a few minutes in the same day? That sounds more like something someone would do from boredom, not divine intervention.
    If the Lord wants you to speak to the community, he's going to want you to start a thread. I doubt he'd have you start ten in a day, but we were talking about five in a week. I think there are times when the Lord would have someone start more than five in a week.
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

  17. #37
    Senior Member wwjd_kilden's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    34,365
    Rep Power
    113

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Well, what has been discussed here seems to be the people that do start 5-10 threads in a day.
    Often not with a real message, but with a sentence intended to spark provocation rather than good debate,
    and they are often hit- and run.

    There is also the problems with bots registering (here or elsewhere) and flooding the forums.
    A limit in threads pr day/ week would reduce such things. I.e. all these black magic threads that appear every now and then.

  18. #38
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    13,990
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    184

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    I have been here for 539 days.

    539 days is equal to
    77 weeks. In that time I have started 2 threads.

    That means I have 383 threads to sell, based on five threads per week.

    How much will you give me for my 383 threads?
    I have hundreds of threads also that I haven't started yet. Is there such a thing as roll over threads?
    Magenta likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  19. #39
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    13,990
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    184

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    I've started 2 threads this year and one of them got deleted. I'm not a prolific thread starter. I don't think that there should be any limit though.
    Magenta likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    13,020
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    226

    Default Re: Limit New Threads

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    I've started 2 threads this year and one of them got deleted. I'm not a prolific thread starter. I don't think that there should be any limit though.
    I was really sorry to see that thread get deleted
    tourist likes this.
    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Age limit?
    By bowharp in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 16th, 2015, 02:51 AM
  2. Time limit lock on threads
    By rachelsedge in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: November 27th, 2013, 12:52 AM
  3. Threads Per Week Limit.
    By JimJimmers in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: December 4th, 2012, 07:01 PM
  4. Why do we limit God?
    By pickles in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: February 6th, 2010, 07:02 AM