Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Prov910
  • 1 Post By blue_ladybug
  • 1 Post By Ugly
  • 1 Post By resurrection33
  • 1 Post By blue_ladybug

Suggestions

Have a suggestion for Christian Chat .com? Post it here!

Thread: Allow name changes and charge $$ for them

  1. #1
    Senior Member Prov910's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Allow name changes and charge $$ for them

    CC needs funds to operate. Posters sometimes want to change their username.

    Perhaps you could allow name changes for a fee--say $20 or so. Two birds with one stone.
    Desertsrose likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    55,417
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    282

    Default Re: Allow name changes and charge $$ for them

    They used to charge a $5 fee for a name change. But according to a mod, they discontinued doing that years ago. And CC gets funded by many members who contribute on a monthly/weekly basis.
    Desertsrose likes this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    LOL.. I'll use that defense the next time I get accused of something.. lol


    To read my cancer, depression, physical pain & suicide testimonies, go to the Blog tab in my profile.



  3. #3
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    41
    Posts
    18,611
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Re: Allow name changes and charge $$ for them

    Quote Originally Posted by Prov910 View Post
    CC needs funds to operate. Posters sometimes want to change their username.

    Perhaps you could allow name changes for a fee--say $20 or so. Two birds with one stone.
    Also there is no way to change the name, rather they start a new account.
    Desertsrose likes this.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  4. #4
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    19,636
    Rep Power
    219

    Default Re: Allow name changes and charge $$ for them

    Don't shame yourself under your present name to the point that you want to now be known as someone else, and you won't have that problem.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    27,517
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Allow name changes and charge $$ for them

    Quote Originally Posted by Prov910 View Post
    CC needs funds to operate. Posters sometimes want to change their username.

    Perhaps you could allow name changes for a fee--say $20 or so. Two birds with one stone.
    The money earned would just be a drop in the bucket, I suspect.

  6. #6
    Senior Member JasonNosneh's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2015
    Age
    34
    Posts
    110
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Allow name changes and charge $$ for them

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    Don't shame yourself under your present name to the point that you want to now be known as someone else, and you won't have that problem.
    Or maybe the person has been at CC for a very long time like as a teenager and their name is kiddie, so they want a change? Maybe they just didn't think much about their name because they wasn't sure they would stick around? Doesn't have to be such an overtly sinister reasoning.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Desertsrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,465
    Rep Power
    159

    Default Re: Allow name changes and charge $$ for them

    Actually someone in chat is being teased about their name. They still charge $5.00 to do this and yes, you get a totally new account so you start all over again.

    Jason, that's another good reason to change your name!

    He has told you, O man, what is good;

    And what does the Lord require of you
    But to do justice, to love kindness,
    And to walk humbly with your God?
    Micah 6:8




  8. #8
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    55,417
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    282

    Default Re: Allow name changes and charge $$ for them

    They stopped charging the $5 fee years ago. That's what a mod said.


    Quote Originally Posted by Desertsrose View Post
    Actually someone in chat is being teased about their name. They still charge $5.00 to do this and yes, you get a totally new account so you start all over again.

    Jason, that's another good reason to change your name!





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    LOL.. I'll use that defense the next time I get accused of something.. lol


    To read my cancer, depression, physical pain & suicide testimonies, go to the Blog tab in my profile.



  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    27,517
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Allow name changes and charge $$ for them

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    They stopped charging the $5 fee years ago. That's what a mod said.
    I suppose, Blue Ladybug, that if you changed your screen name, you might call yourself Orange and Black Ladybug, since I've never seen a blue ladybug.
    blue_ladybug likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    55,417
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    282

    Default Re: Allow name changes and charge $$ for them

    LOL.. Google "halmus chalybeus" and see for yourself. Blue ladybugs ARE real.


    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    I suppose, Blue Ladybug, that if you changed your screen name, you might call yourself Orange and Black Ladybug, since I've never seen a blue ladybug.
    resurrection33 likes this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    LOL.. I'll use that defense the next time I get accused of something.. lol


    To read my cancer, depression, physical pain & suicide testimonies, go to the Blog tab in my profile.



Similar Threads

  1. You are in charge of the world.
    By BillG in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 17th, 2017, 06:36 PM
  2. To charge or not to charge...
    By Yet in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: August 20th, 2016, 10:54 AM
  3. Who's in charge of your fellowship?
    By Yet in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 7th, 2014, 09:53 AM
  4. Who's in Charge? God or man?
    By Yet in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 3rd, 2014, 03:31 PM
  5. Husbands in charge.
    By jonathanbchristian in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: June 20th, 2011, 11:02 AM