Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By Ugly
  • 3 Post By GaryA
  • 2 Post By Ugly
  • 2 Post By GaryA

Suggestions

Have a suggestion for Christian Chat .com? Post it here!

Thread: If The Truth Hurts; Do Continue to Delete My Thread

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2012
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    30

    Default If The Truth Hurts; Do Continue to Delete My Thread

    I reckon if you can't discuss His words to show how I am applying His words wrong, and the truth hurts, then there is no other choice than to delete my thread.

    2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

    You can't delete His words in the scripture nor the actual tradition that the early church has been taught..

    The truth remains as the reproof is that there is no receiving the Holy Spirit separate from salvation with the evidence of tongues which is why that tongue never comes with interpretation because it is not God's actual gift of tongues.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,940
    Rep Power
    157

    Default Re: If The Truth Hurts; Do Continue to Delete My Thread

    /totally lost
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2012
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: If The Truth Hurts; Do Continue to Delete My Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    /totally lost
    The thread "Paul Warned Against Receiving the Holy Spirit Separate from Salvation" was deleted.

    Tongue speakers did not really have an explanation for Paul's words as referenced in 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 in the OP as speaking against receiving the Holy Spirit separate from salvation with evidence of tongues since the tradition that we have been taught is that we had received the sanctification of the Spirit & the belief of the truth at the hearing of the gospel.

    In any event, pray that the Word of the Lord may have free course among this forum. Mayhap the Lord will inspire those astray to attempt to give an answer to what Paul was talking about in 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 as not applying to what they are preaching in how to get tongues that never comes with interpretation or any of those other sensational signs in the flesh by believing what Paul is saying is the lie that they can receive the Holy Spirit separate from salvation after a sign.

    But they cannot explain it away and so a mod deleted the thread. I forgive them for they know not what they do.

    1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

    It may be that the Lord is telling me that it was enough and that He is still Lord and that He will help me to let it go.

  4. #4
    GaryA
    Guest

    Default Re: If The Truth Hurts; Do Continue to Delete My Thread

    I think you totally "mesmerized" Ugly, and caught him off guard...

    Before that --- I am pretty sure that he was about to tell you that this forum is [ only ] supposed to be used for making suggestions to the site staff regarding improvement of the site.

    ( Or - perhaps - Ugly is simply tired of correcting people about the proper use of this forum... )


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2012
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: If The Truth Hurts; Do Continue to Delete My Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryA View Post
    I think you totally "mesmerized" Ugly, and caught him off guard...

    Before that --- I am pretty sure that he was about to tell you that this forum is [ only ] supposed to be used for making suggestions to the site staff regarding improvement of the site.

    ( Or - perhaps - Ugly is simply tired of correcting people about the proper use of this forum... )

    Then I was indirectly making a complaint that a mod should not delete a thread just because they have no answer for explaining 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 as speaking against those that preach that one can receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation with evidence of tongues which explains why it never comes with interpretation because it is not God's actual gift of tongues which is of other men's lips to speak unto the people and thus it will come with interpretation, unless otherwise understood by a foreigner.

    My suggestion is that mod cannot delete a thread, but can only close a thread AFTER addressing the scripture in the OP in explaining why the OP applied that scripture wrong and show what that scripture was actually talking about.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,940
    Rep Power
    157

    Default Re: If The Truth Hurts; Do Continue to Delete My Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Enow View Post
    Then I was indirectly making a complaint that a mod should not delete a thread just because they have no answer for explaining 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 as speaking against those that preach that one can receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation with evidence of tongues which explains why it never comes with interpretation because it is not God's actual gift of tongues which is of other men's lips to speak unto the people and thus it will come with interpretation, unless otherwise understood by a foreigner.

    My suggestion is that mod cannot delete a thread, but can only close a thread AFTER addressing the scripture in the OP in explaining why the OP applied that scripture wrong and show what that scripture was actually talking about.
    Did you ever consider setting your pride aside and thinking maybe there is another reason for deleting the thread besides you and how right you are and everyone else is wrong? Did a mod tell you the reasons you claim or is it just something you made as an excuse to get all riled up over nothing?
    And even 'if' your reason is true... if... you think creating a whole new thread on it, and also condemning the mods, is really the wisest decision?

    What's the point of addressing the post then deleting the thread? The portion that addresses the post will also be deleted. So it's a pointless suggestion.
    But since all you're doing is speculating to begin with this is all pointless. Ego and pride often dominate the BDF more than scripture anyways.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  7. #7
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,940
    Rep Power
    157

    Default Re: If The Truth Hurts; Do Continue to Delete My Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryA View Post
    I think you totally "mesmerized" Ugly, and caught him off guard...

    Before that --- I am pretty sure that he was about to tell you that this forum is [ only ] supposed to be used for making suggestions to the site staff regarding improvement of the site.

    ( Or - perhaps - Ugly is simply tired of correcting people about the proper use of this forum... )

    It may be a good idea not to attempt to speak for me, or assume to know what i'm thinking, considering you know almost nothing about me. And even what little you know is only a minor representation of me. So i'll thank you to let me speak for myself in the future.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  8. #8
    GaryA
    Guest

    Default Re: If The Truth Hurts; Do Continue to Delete My Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    It may be a good idea not to attempt to speak for me, or assume to know what i'm thinking, considering you know almost nothing about me. And even what little you know is only a minor representation of me. So i'll thank you to let me speak for myself in the future.
    It was only a joke - based on the expectation - based on your 'reputation' - for correcting people when they have posted something that does not seem to be appropriate for a particular forum. No offense was intended.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2012
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: If The Truth Hurts; Do Continue to Delete My Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    Did you ever consider setting your pride aside and thinking maybe there is another reason for deleting the thread besides you and how right you are and everyone else is wrong? Did a mod tell you the reasons you claim or is it just something you made as an excuse to get all riled up over nothing?
    And even 'if' your reason is true... if... you think creating a whole new thread on it, and also condemning the mods, is really the wisest decision?
    Since there are more than one mods, it seems addressing this issue of deleting threads after it was going for a couple of pages seems like it was done out of pride of one of the mods who did not have answer for the scripture in the OP.

    What's the point of addressing the post then deleting the thread? The portion that addresses the post will also be deleted. So it's a pointless suggestion.
    A vain attempt of correcting a mod indirectly for not having just cause for deleting a thread.

    But since all you're doing is speculating to begin with this is all pointless. Ego and pride often dominate the BDF more than scripture anyways.
    Yes and the mods can be guilty of that too, you know. I do not care to point him out. I know who did it. I was hoping the Lord would convict him by 1 Peter 3:15 in being a better mod rather than delete a whole thread just because he lost his cool in it, accusing me of insulting and calling names when I wasn't doing that and I told him so and had asked him to quote me to prove that; and he did not. He was wrong about that and I had asked him to explain the scripture of 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 if Paul was not reproving those who preach receiving the Holy Spirit separate from salvation with the evidence of tongues.

    That is the falling away from the faith as that iniquity was even at work in Paul's days, only now, it is happening in droves.

    So my suggestion is sound about NOT deleting a thread when it was done to hide a shortcoming when 1 Peter 3:15 commands all believers to address the scripture in the OP to prove that it is wrong in how I was applying Paul's words to reprove what I believe is a false teaching today where many believers are falling away from the faith by seeking to receive the Holy Spirit separate from salvation with the evidence of tongues or other sensational signs in the flesh.

    The attempt.. the whine, if you want to call it that, is to defend the faith which is the good fight by suggesting that no thread be deleted, but if it has to be closed, may the mod address the OP in how it is wrong in application of said scripture and not by going to other scripture WITHOUT actually applying the scripture of the OP for what it actually meant. I do not mind going elsewhere for scripture to prove that I was applying a certain reference wrong BUT they have to explain what the reference used in the OP is about so as to not leave it as appearing as scripture going against scripture, which can not be.

    As it is, it's not like they can undelete a thread. Just wish mods adhere to 1 Peter 3:15 and address the scripture reference in the OP before closing a thread if they do not like where it was going for whatever the reason.

    I will admit this is futile unless the Lord is behind this in spite of my shortcoming for doing it in this way.
    Last edited by Enow; June 18th, 2017 at 09:28 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,940
    Rep Power
    157

    Default Re: If The Truth Hurts; Do Continue to Delete My Thread

    /snoring
    Long, drawn out, excessively lengthy, defensive, self absorbed response.
    /snoring
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2012
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: If The Truth Hurts; Do Continue to Delete My Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    /snoring
    Long, drawn out, excessively lengthy, defensive, self absorbed response.
    /snoring
    Oh. So that's how you are.

    Well, you are right. It was wrong to assume that one of the mod had done it, because I have been hacked.

    Yeah. I know. It is wrong to assume that the hacker had done it too.

Similar Threads

  1. Do any one know how to delete a thread?
    By Prince2107 in forum Indian Christian Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 20th, 2014, 03:17 AM
  2. How to delete a thread?
    By Proverbs in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 20th, 2013, 09:43 AM
  3. Does anyone know how can I delete a thread???
    By Ery in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2013, 01:30 PM
  4. trying to delete a thread
    By sistersax in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 7th, 2013, 09:25 PM