Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54
Like Tree36Likes

Suggestions

Have a suggestion for Christian Chat .com? Post it here!

Thread: Comparative religion or interreligious section

  1. #1
    Senior Member Burninglight's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2017
    Age
    66
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Do we have a comparative religion or interreligious section on the forum where people of other faiths can chime in?
    CherieR likes this.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    27,517
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    Do we have a comparative religion or interreligious section on the forum where people of other faiths can chime in?
    Off the top of my head, no, but you can check the forums yourself. Or are you suggesting it would be a good idea?

    I don't personally know what benefit it would be having a forum for Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, and the like. We are Christians here. There is nothing the other religions can teach us that Jesus didn't teach us. I see nothing good that could result from having a forum for other faiths.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Burninglight's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2017
    Age
    66
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    Off the top of my head, no, but you can check the forums yourself. Or are you suggesting it would be a good idea?

    I don't personally know what benefit it would be having a forum for Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, and the like. We are Christians here. There is nothing the other religions can teach us that Jesus didn't teach us. I see nothing good that could result from having a forum for other faiths.
    Yes, I am suggesting that, but not for the reason that other religions can teach us anything, but for evangelistic purposes. We are Christians here who don't want to put our light under a bushel.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    41
    Posts
    18,620
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    They can chime in anywhere on the site. No need to create a section for non-christians on a Christian site. And such ideas have been shot down by mods and the site owner.
    This is, first and foremost a Fellowship site. For Christians.
    And people of other beliefs already try coming here to push their beliefs. Creating a room like you suggest would only open the door for more to do so. And therefore creating more works for mods. And very few if any would go there to listen only. The majority of people coming here to "learn" about our faith are dishonest about their intentions.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    27,517
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    Yes, I am suggesting that, but not for the reason that other religions can teach us anything, but for evangelistic purposes. We are Christians here who don't want to put our light under a bushel.
    Okay. I don't think a lot of people from other faiths come here to learn. Sometimes they come here to disrupt. And I can see some Christians being led astray by people from other faiths.



  6. #6
    Senior Member Huckleberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    Yes, I am suggesting that, but not for the reason that other religions can teach us anything, but for evangelistic purposes. We are Christians here who don't want to put our light under a bushel.
    Jesus sent the disciples forth in pairs to call people to repentance.
    We're supposed to get off our duffs and actually engage people personally.
    I'm amused by the notion that people want to "evangelize" from their couch.
    Seekingfamily likes this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Burninglight's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2017
    Age
    66
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Jesus sent the disciples forth in pairs to call people to repentance.
    We're supposed to get off our duffs and actually engage people personally.
    I'm amused by the notion that people want to "evangelize" from their couch.
    With the internet evangelism is actually possible from home.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Burninglight's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2017
    Age
    66
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    Okay. I don't think a lot of people from other faiths come here to learn. Sometimes they come here to disrupt. And I can see some Christians being led astray by people from other faiths.


    People can be led astray from those claiming to be Christians on this forum a lot easier. I welcome Muslims or cults like JWs and Mormons to come on here. I have joined Muslim forums and after thousands of posts I was banned, but they got the message of the gospel without misconceptions.

    Muslims told me "A Christian forum wouldn't put up with a fraction of what we Muslims do from Christians." I told those Muslims that would never happen on a Christian forum; we are more secure in our faith and we have more tolerance and I wouldn't ban you.

    I thought Christians thought like me, and would love to evangelize them, but when I hear comments from Christians like yours and others. I realize how wrong I was. I am disappointed at the lack of faith and security Christians have for themselves and others. It blows my mind!

    I was told the same thing I came to disrupt, but I came to win them to Christ.
    Last edited by Burninglight; June 30th, 2017 at 12:38 AM.
    Seekingfamily likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Burninglight's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2017
    Age
    66
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    They can chime in anywhere on the site. No need to create a section for non-christians on a Christian site. And such ideas have been shot down by mods and the site owner.
    This is, first and foremost a Fellowship site. For Christians.
    And people of other beliefs already try coming here to push their beliefs. Creating a room like you suggest would only open the door for more to do so. And therefore creating more works for mods. And very few if any would go there to listen only. The majority of people coming here to "learn" about our faith are dishonest about their intentions.
    There could be a section on the forum designated for comparative religion only; those who are weak in faith should stay out of that section, but those of us who have a burden for the sincere believers of other faiths should be welcomed.

    People of other faiths need to understand that they should abide by the forum rules and stay within the comparative religious section only. We either have a burden to reach lost souls or we don't. Loren Cunningham said, "You are either a missionary or a Mission field" He was right you know.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Burninglight's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2017
    Age
    66
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Many people have come to disrupt Christians and their belief system in many different venues only to find themselves converting to Christianity. I have read testimonies and know Muslims personally that converted to Christianity by trying to shake the faith of Christians. Even the apostle Paul was converted that way. Oh ye of little faith.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    27,517
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    People can be led astray from those claiming to be Christians on this forum a lot easier. I welcome Muslims or cults like JWs and Mormons to come on here. I have joined Muslim forums and after thousands of posts I was banned, but they got the message of the gospel without misconceptions.

    Muslims told me "A Christian forum wouldn't put up with a fraction of what we Muslims do from Christians." I told those Muslims that would never happen on a Christian forum; we are more secure in our faith and we have more tolerance and I wouldn't ban you.

    I thought Christians thought like me, and would love to evangelize them, but when I hear comments from Christians like yours and others. I realize how wrong I was. I am disappointed at the lack of faith and security Christians have for themselves and others. It blows my mind!

    I was told the same thing I came to disrupt, but I came to win them to Christ.
    I'm not saying I don't welcome people from other faiths here. I'm just saying I think it's a bad idea to change this site from a Christian site to an all-religion site. Instead of being "ChristianChat.com," it would be "Everybody.com." The Satanists would want their own forum, also.
    Ariel82 likes this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Burninglight's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2017
    Age
    66
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by resurrection33 View Post
    I'm not saying I don't welcome people from other faiths here. I'm just saying I think it's a bad idea to change this site from a Christian site to an all-religion site. Instead of being "ChristianChat.com," it would be "Everybody.com." The Satanists would want their own forum, also.
    I didn't say change the site; I said have a designated section on the site for interaction with non Christians. The rules are they have to stay in that section or they are breaking rules. Christianity or Christians shouldn't just be about feeding themselves and let the world starve.
    Last edited by Burninglight; June 30th, 2017 at 10:04 AM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Burninglight's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2017
    Age
    66
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    For God so loved the world... Jn 3:16 we ought to as well. We must be in the world but not of it.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Burninglight's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2017
    Age
    66
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    They can chime in anywhere on the site.
    Not without being banned for simply believing in other than Christianity.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    41
    Posts
    18,620
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    Not without being banned for simply believing in other than Christianity.
    Of that were true. I've been on here for years. Seen many non-christians last here. The reason so few last is because they start teaching and pushing their beliefs. That is not the purpose of this site.
    So before you spread that BS after s few weeks may want to make sure you're saying it to someone who doesn't know better.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  16. #16
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    41
    Posts
    18,620
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    I didn't say change the site; I said have a designated section on the site for interaction with non Christians. The rules are they have to stay in that section or they are breaking rules. Christianity or Christians shouldn't just be about feeding themselves and let the world starve.
    Wanting a place to get away from the world isn't starving the world. We live in and are constantly bombarded by sin and antagonists. Finding a place to get away from that for a while isn't a bad thing. On fact that was one of the original intents of going to church.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  17. #17
    Senior Member Burninglight's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2017
    Age
    66
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    Of that were true. I've been on here for years. Seen many non-christians last here. The reason so few last is because they start teaching and pushing their beliefs. That is not the purpose of this site.
    So before you spread that BS after s few weeks may want to make sure you're saying it to someone who doesn't know better.
    Okay, that is good to know, but from the feedback I was getting, you could've have fooled me. Even if they try to teach their believe, I wouldn't ban them. Because that is what I do with my Christian faith. As they try to teach their faith I teach mine. FYI, I am not sharing BS ugly!

  18. #18
    Senior Member Burninglight's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2017
    Age
    66
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    Wanting a place to get away from the world isn't starving the world. We live in and are constantly bombarded by sin and antagonists. Finding a place to get away from that for a while isn't a bad thing. On fact that was one of the original intents of going to church.
    Jesus hung around the lost and sinners dude. Besides there would be section for that on the forum and only one for what I am talking about. You're just wrong period.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    41
    Posts
    18,620
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    Jesus hung around the lost and sinners dude. Besides there would be section for that on the forum and only one for what I am talking about. You're just wrong period.
    Oh almighty wise one. So infallible. Thank you, in your great wisdom and giant ego for opening my eyes to You being right and feeble little me knowing nothing.
    Silly me I thought Jesus said "go into the world " not "thou shalt create non-christians sections in your Christian fellowship forum to the world".
    Arrogant tool can bark your oversized ego all you want. But the site owner has already knocked this idea down multiple times because when he created His Site with His Purpose for it, that was not the intent of the site. So how you think you're so superior in your pride that you know better is amazing. Don't see God directing you to make a site and how to run it, but obviously Robo did. So bark all you want angry puppy.
    GO INTO INTO INTO ALL THE WORLD. Verse says go into the world to preach, not being the world to your doorstep.
    Churches have been doing that for years. Now there are churches full of ignorant Christians, non-christians, fake Christians and baby formula messages. We invited the world to church and they took it over. So why not continue tgat trend here? Hmm. Great thinking.
    Great job, by the way, of arguing with people who can't do anything about it and being so egotistical. Is this "I'm right, you're wrong, because I said so" attitude the same one you use to minister?
    GO make your own site and quit throwing a tantrum because this one won't give you your way.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  20. #20
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    41
    Posts
    18,620
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Re: Comparative religion or interreligious section

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    Okay, that is good to know, but from the feedback I was getting, you could've have fooled me. Even if they try to teach their believe, I wouldn't ban them. Because that is what I do with my Christian faith. As they try to teach their faith I teach mine. FYI, I am not sharing BS ugly!
    I'm sure in all these Weeks you know better than my years of experience. And if you're making things up, which you are, it is BS.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. True Religion and False Religion
    By Dave713 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: November 14th, 2016, 08:41 PM
  2. Praise section and encouragement section
    By Blain in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 29th, 2016, 01:26 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: January 14th, 2014, 04:48 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 20th, 2013, 02:47 PM
  5. COMPARATIVE RELIGION
    By Digital_Angel_316 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 29th, 2011, 10:58 AM