Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree35Likes
  • 6 Post By Ugly
  • 11 Post By PennEd
  • 3 Post By Oncefallen
  • 6 Post By dcontroversal
  • 3 Post By dcontroversal
  • 1 Post By mj007
  • 1 Post By tourist
  • 2 Post By tourist
  • 1 Post By joefizz
  • 1 Post By tourist

Suggestions

Have a suggestion for Christian Chat .com? Post it here!

Thread: Need a complete overhaul on this website

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Need a complete overhaul on this website

    This website has the domain of Christian Chat, but by no means hold the principle of an actual Christian doctrine to the faith.

    This website has no overseer to even appropriately enforce Biblical principles on the forum, in so much, it's out of control.

    This website allows non-principle teachings to mix in with Biblical teachings and then allow users to dictate new believers in weird doctrines while they're on the mic cursing at their new born baby or dogs.

    My biggest offense to this website, in which, this website has plenty and I yet to hold NO offenses because God has called me to a higher calling. But in which I am offended, I am offended at this, a website proclaiming the name of Jesus, but yet, not having the holy Spirit. I reject such things; because those who call on the name of Jesus, should have the holy Ghost presented in their daily lives, walk, and talk. This forum should be no exception to this core.

    Please, instead of always spamming my folder for money, I rather have a website that loves Christ as Christ loves the church and start to actually work their way up on actually becoming a true bride of Christ. Rather it be online on a forum or real life. Let this be a representation of our walk. But I feel, this forum falls short of the grace of God.

    There has to be a major clean up in the house of the Lord, "And said unto them, Hear me, ye Levites, sanctify now yourselves, and sanctify the house of the Lord God of your fathers, and carry forth the filthiness out of the holy place." 2 Chronicles 5

  2. #2
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,068
    Rep Power
    164

    Default Re: Need a complete overhaul on this website

    "Always spamming my folder for money". That whole once a month? How dare they!
    Mods are unpaid volunteers. Using their free time to help monitor the site. They can't catch everything. If something happens in mic their Can't always be someone there to catch it.
    Doubtful that the site will accommodate Your Personal Expectations.
    As far as doctrinal issues nearly everyone in the bible discussion forums makes the same complaint. About each other.
    Funny how people only want the website to allow teachings that fit their view of things. Really there are so many complaints about what teachings are allowed on here, that are nothing more than doctrinal differences, it probably makes it difficult to locate the Real problems.
    All your complaining yet you're still a three year member. What does that tell us?
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  3. #3
    Senior Member PennEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2013
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,215
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    226

    Default Re: Need a complete overhaul on this website

    Ya know, yrs ago I was in the contract cleaning business. I learned very early on that with some people no matter how hard you worked, no matter how awesome of a job you did, you could always count on them to see the ONE thing you might have missed. Complaining is a natural feature of the fallen human condition.

    Way too often we hold back on our gratitude and thanks that can build others up.

    I want to thank this site, it's owners, it's operators, the volunteers and it's members.

    I am incredibly impressed with the patience, and timeliness of removing problem posters. To come here and learn, and grow, and get different perspectives has truly made this site a blessing for me.

    And NO I'm NOT a paid spokesperson! Lol

  4. #4
    Idiot in Chief Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,465
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Need a complete overhaul on this website

    To the OP:

    Most persons who think that a site is a terrible as you seem to think that this one is don't waste their time looking back at it again.

    As for the troublesome e-mails asking for persons to donate to support the work of this site, I'll make sure that you never again see one of them.

  5. #5
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,603
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    257

    Default Re: Need a complete overhaul on this website

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncefallen View Post
    To the OP:

    Most persons who think that a site is a terrible as you seem to think that this one is don't waste their time looking back at it again.

    As for the troublesome e-mails asking for persons to donate to support the work of this site, I'll make sure that you never again see one of them.
    For the record.....I love CC......and I am thankful I can get on here and discuss, argue, and post scripture as well as all the other things we cover.....and I agree...If one does not like it, or has issues with it...a simple solution don't came back.......problem solved.....

  6. #6
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,603
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    257

    Default Re: Need a complete overhaul on this website

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    Ya know, yrs ago I was in the contract cleaning business. I learned very early on that with some people no matter how hard you worked, no matter how awesome of a job you did, you could always count on them to see the ONE thing you might have missed. Complaining is a natural feature of the fallen human condition.

    Way too often we hold back on our gratitude and thanks that can build others up.

    I want to thank this site, it's owners, it's operators, the volunteers and it's members.

    I am incredibly impressed with the patience, and timeliness of removing problem posters. To come here and learn, and grow, and get different perspectives has truly made this site a blessing for me.

    And NO I'm NOT a paid spokesperson! Lol
    AMEN.......I agree 100%

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2017
    Age
    35
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    26

    Default Re: Need a complete overhaul on this website

    I read your post and thought, you're probably going to get battered and judged for it. I was wondering if you have any examples, or is this what you mean?

    To me it sounds like you've had some rough days, as it usually comes out in this way.

    Hope you are well :-)

    As for things being improved, yes I think there is a lot of scope for that, although not to an extreme.

    There could be more work on love, and how we choose to be more loving towards each other. I see little talk of such things, among typical discussion, debate, arguments, counter-arguments. A social site makes us all neighbours, whoever we are, however different and unique we are, whatever differing views we have, even different religion.

    There is, for example, on the front page a section for Arabs/Muslims, and yet there is a lot of anti-Muslim rhetoric on this site. And those who do so, it's as if they have immunity to doing it? If we are to bring people into the world of Jesus and Christianity, how do we do so by allowing such behaviour. It is the same with people who are troubled, they may say the wrong thing, they may say upsetting things, not meaning to offend, but just reacting out of torment or turbulence, as maybe you are here. But are we to reject and judge them? It is not love, and I see a lot of that too.

    As the owner states at the top of the Arab forum:

    This forum was requested by some of our Arab members who are former Muslims and who want to encourage and help each other and also reach out to other Muslims. We do get a fair number of Muslim members here in Christian Chat, and some are genuinely open and seeking, and some even get saved! Arab Christians typically face persecution and in some countries even martyrdom (e.g., beheading). Even in the most developed Arab country which has the closest relations with the USA -- Saudi Arabia -- the official penalty for one of their citizens to convert from Islam to Christianity is DEATH. But praise God, He is really working in these countries and His word still reaches people, and one way is through the internet!

    Another reason to have this forum is so that our Arab members can post and share in their own language.

    I hope and pray that it will be used for God's kingdom.

    One of our Arab Christian members will be moderating this forum. We may just replace my whole post here with his post, in Arabic.

    This is a small point about what appears to be allowed, or what is shunned on this site.


    I'm reacting to the body of your message, not so much the more reactive points (eg. why does the postman always wake me up by posting through my letterbox kind of thing). There is nothing to gain from reacting to those type of points, but some people, I don't know, enjoy looking for negative points in others? This is not love either. And most often these type of people have replaced love, with the importance of being right.



    Quote Originally Posted by aforgivensonofGod View Post
    This website has the domain of Christian Chat, but by no means hold the principle of an actual Christian doctrine to the faith.

    This website has no overseer to even appropriately enforce Biblical principles on the forum, in so much, it's out of control.

    This website allows non-principle teachings to mix in with Biblical teachings and then allow users to dictate new believers in weird doctrines while they're on the mic cursing at their new born baby or dogs.

    My biggest offense to this website, in which, this website has plenty and I yet to hold NO offenses because God has called me to a higher calling. But in which I am offended, I am offended at this, a website proclaiming the name of Jesus, but yet, not having the holy Spirit. I reject such things; because those who call on the name of Jesus, should have the holy Ghost presented in their daily lives, walk, and talk. This forum should be no exception to this core.

    Please, instead of always spamming my folder for money, I rather have a website that loves Christ as Christ loves the church and start to actually work their way up on actually becoming a true bride of Christ. Rather it be online on a forum or real life. Let this be a representation of our walk. But I feel, this forum falls short of the grace of God.

    There has to be a major clean up in the house of the Lord, "And said unto them, Hear me, ye Levites, sanctify now yourselves, and sanctify the house of the Lord God of your fathers, and carry forth the filthiness out of the holy place." 2 Chronicles 5
    SweetmorningDew78 likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    17,308
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    306

    Default Re: Need a complete overhaul on this website

    Why does this site need an overseer? Yes, there are disagreements on what the bible is actually saying in certain sections and passages but isn't debate and discussion a viable way to learn and grow? It takes money to run this website and there is certainly nothing wrong about asking for donations.

    Are you implying that since you believe that God has called you to a higher calling than that makes others on this site inferior? A higher calling from God could be as simple as a new assignment at work or something similar. Most people that humbly serve the Lord are not ministers or pastors but rather their present circumstances are their ministry.

    You say that your offended but yet have virtually written no posts since you have joined offering your insight or taking part in Christian fellowship. My advice is to avoid the chat rooms and start to frequent the forums with the members who choose to participate as part of the community.

    You say there needs to be a major clean up in the house of Lord. Perhaps you focus on your own housekeeping first before criticizing others. You appear to have a problem with arrogance.
    PennEd likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  9. #9
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    17,308
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    306

    Default Re: Need a complete overhaul on this website

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    All your complaining yet you're still a three year member. What does that tell us?
    As this member rarely posts the point is rather 'mute'.
    PennEd and joefizz like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  10. #10
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,828
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: Need a complete overhaul on this website

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    As this member rarely posts the point is rather 'mute'.
    just touring tourist,the word is "moot" not "mute" now I'll "tour" around somewhere else lol...!
    preacher4truth likes this.
    If you don't believe in true love then please don't tell me not to believe in it because I believe it to be real.

    You are perfect?
    self righteousness is as filthy rags the bible says.
    You might wanna reconsider that ideal.

    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  11. #11
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    17,308
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    306

    Default Re: Need a complete overhaul on this website

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    just touring tourist,the word is "moot" not "mute" now I'll "tour" around somewhere else lol...!
    I do believe that you are correct but I used the word 'mute' instead of moot because the OP rarely posts (speaks). In other words he is mute. You're kind cleaver Joe and your posts are always a good read.
    joefizz likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  12. #12
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,828
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: Need a complete overhaul on this website

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    I do believe that you are correct but I used the word 'mute' instead of moot because the OP rarely posts (speaks). In other words he is mute. You're kind cleaver Joe and your posts are always a good read.
    thank you for the kind words!
    If you don't believe in true love then please don't tell me not to believe in it because I believe it to be real.

    You are perfect?
    self righteousness is as filthy rags the bible says.
    You might wanna reconsider that ideal.

    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    17,532
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    308

    Default Re: Need a complete overhaul on this website

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncefallen View Post
    To the OP:

    Most persons who think that a site is a terrible as you seem to think that this one is don't waste their time looking back at it again.

    As for the troublesome e-mails asking for persons to donate to support the work of this site, I'll make sure that you never again see one of them.
    Wait! That's the "spam?" And it's monthly? I honestly thought it was seasonally. (Four times a year.)

    Ah, man! Now I don't know if that means my life is moving too slow or too fast! lol
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

Similar Threads

  1. God is complete
    By Depleted in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 21st, 2016, 09:20 AM
  2. Child mental health services 'face overhaul'
    By royalscot in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 17th, 2015, 09:00 AM
  3. HE WILL COMPLETE YOU
    By Joidevivre in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 31st, 2014, 11:47 AM
  4. Complete
    By rejoice83 in forum Christian Music Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 26th, 2012, 01:55 AM
  5. complete recovery
    By calvina in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2010, 03:48 AM