Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 113 of 113
Like Tree161Likes

Suggestions

Have a suggestion for Christian Chat .com? Post it here!

Thread: Advice please about preachers.

  1. #101
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    6,919
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: Advice please about preachers.

    We are either influencing the world in every walk of life, (dominion), or we are fatalists. Let the devil have at it. The sooner this life is over, the sooner I'll (self center) be in heaven.
    Willie-T likes this.
    1Th 3:12 May the Lord greatly increase your love for each other and for all people, just as we love you.


    1Th 3:13 Then your hearts will be strong, blameless, and holy in the presence of God, who is our Father, when our Lord Jesus appears with all his saints.





    Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might.

  2. #102
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    22,282
    Rep Power
    310

    Default Re: Advice please about preachers.

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    We are either influencing the world in every walk of life, (dominion), or we are fatalists. Let the devil have at it. The sooner this life is over, the sooner I'll (self center) be in heaven.
    This is pretty much the commission that I understand we were given, both in the garden, and later by Jesus when He told us to get busy and convert as much of the world as we could manage to get to.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  3. #103
    Senior Member Laish's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2016
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,020
    Rep Power
    80

    Default Re: Advice please about preachers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    Oh, you don't believe there's going to be a surprise Rapture? I apologize, I thought you did.
    Surprise!
    Blessings
    Bill
    God's Grace is sufficient.

    God wants full custody of your children.
    Not just weekend visits.

    We are entertaining the goats while we should be feeding the sheep.
    Charles Spurgeon

  4. #104
    Senior Member vic1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2013
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,350
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Advice please about preachers.

    From my personal visits to most Calvary Chapel here in miami , it is evident these wolfs in sheep cloths have lead thee sheep , towards the ecumenical road. These suppose teachers "hiring" are not teaching the flock , who is Mystery Babylon in revelation . Something also to note they do not teach upon the reformation , the history of saints being persecuted for not abiding to RCC Vatican authority.

    These things are of certainly much importants , for those that seek .

    Galatian 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

    Shalom
    Last edited by vic1980; November 20th, 2017 at 01:30 AM.
    Speak2Me likes this.
    Very good reminder...

    1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

    &

    Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

    The carnal mind hates truth & judgement, and leans unto its own understanding. The mind of the spirit, loves truth and being decreased in the carnal, is to be increased in Christ.

  5. #105
    Senior Member Huckleberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,358
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Advice please about preachers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemaryx View Post
    Hi all

    I have just started reading the OT and finished Genesis today, but I am looking for a good preacher online I can watch who takes us through the books...I have seen a few but so many comments are made against them saying they are wolves etc, I just do not know who I can trust to help me in my study, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend to me someone who is trust worthy, I have been walking with our Lord for just over two years, so reading the OT is very new to me, and I do not want to fall into someone who preaches lies, I just want to take precaution, I hope someone can help me and thank you......xox...
    I'd recommend John MacArthur.
    Anybody who calls him a wolf is ignorant and should
    not be trusted concerning anything scriptural.
    https://www.gty.org/

  6. #106
    Senior Member Rosemaryx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    117

    Default Re: Advice please about preachers.

    Quote Originally Posted by oldethennew View Post
    Rose,

    when your Saviour is truly calling out of this carnal world, He will guide and lead
    you exactly where and when you are to go; always follow His precious guidance that He puts
    into your beautiful seeking heart!,..here's two huge hugs, just for you!!!
    Good morning oldthenew ...Thank you for your uplifting post and especially your hugs ...I have just started Exodus and I am at the part where God has given them Manna...
    I have decided to read through the OT with the guidance of the Holy Spirit and just spend quiet time with Him as He leads me...
    I go to the net if I am stuck on words so I get a meaning to them, someone said the other day on a different thread that it is not good to be an island by oneself, but somehow I feel this is how I have to be when reading, and I am not on my own because I have the Holy Spirit ...Also there are many spirit led people on here that I can always come to if I am stuck on something...There is beauty in a gentle spirit, and you are one of them... ((( Sent with love )))...xox...
    MarcR and Adstar like this.
    PSALM 107:20 He sends His word and heals me and rescues me from the pit and destruction.

  7. #107
    Senior Member Rosemaryx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    117

    Default Re: Advice please about preachers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adstar View Post
    I enjoyed the story of Joseph too. He reminds me of Jesus.. How Joseph was rejected by the others and how he was cast down into a pit as Jesus was also placed in the earth.. How Josephs brothers sold him into slavery for pieces of silver just as judas betrayed Jesus for silver pieces.. Also how Joseph suffered persecution in Egypt at first in the same way Christianity suffered persecution in the Roman Empire at first.. So many correlations between the story of Joseph and the Jesus..
    WOW yes you are correct, thanks for pointing that out, why could I not see that myself ...Does it mean I am missing the mark, I hope as I read further on I will get more understanding, your post really opened my eyes, how could I of missed that, it makes me feel sad...xox...
    PSALM 107:20 He sends His word and heals me and rescues me from the pit and destruction.

  8. #108
    Senior Member Rosemaryx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    117

    Default Re: Advice please about preachers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I'd recommend John MacArthur.
    Anybody who calls him a wolf is ignorant and should
    not be trusted concerning anything scriptural.
    https://www.gty.org/
    Thank you Huckleberry, I have book marked this ...xox...
    PSALM 107:20 He sends His word and heals me and rescues me from the pit and destruction.

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,427
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: Advice please about preachers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemaryx View Post
    WOW yes you are correct, thanks for pointing that out, why could I not see that myself ...Does it mean I am missing the mark, I hope as I read further on I will get more understanding, your post really opened my eyes, how could I of missed that, it makes me feel sad...xox...
    No it does not mean you are missing any mark.. What i found when i read the Bible is that i would often come to understand a passage later on. maybe days or weeks or months later.. I just kept on reading in Faith and often asked God to give me understanding.. I keep on asking God to give me more understanding.. I want to understand everything .. but God gives us all a portion of wisdom what ever He wills.. But there is no harm in keeping on asking, who knows what God is willing to do?

    This observation is not a necessary thing to understand when it comes to salvation.. Salvation is pretty basic really.. God made the Way of salvation simple even a child can understand it and accept it.. But there is a huge amount of knowledge and wisdom in the Bible beyond the simple faith that saves.. That knowledge adds a lot of strength to ones Faith.. Adds armor and gives you a great weapon to weld in spiritual combat.

    While it is good to accept and embrace the simple Way of salvation.. The enemy will attack babes in Christ seeking to undermine their simple faith.. So it is best to grow in deeper knowledge of the Faith so as to be more solid and deeper in ones confidence in the LORD.. That way you can brush off the attacks of the enemy which come to look pathetic when you have knowledge..
    Rosemaryx likes this.

  10. #110
    Senior Member Rosemaryx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    117

    Default Re: Advice please about preachers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adstar View Post
    No it does not mean you are missing any mark.. What i found when i read the Bible is that i would often come to understand a passage later on. maybe days or weeks or months later.. I just kept on reading in Faith and often asked God to give me understanding.. I keep on asking God to give me more understanding.. I want to understand everything .. but God gives us all a portion of wisdom what ever He wills.. But there is no harm in keeping on asking, who knows what God is willing to do?

    This observation is not a necessary thing to understand when it comes to salvation.. Salvation is pretty basic really.. God made the Way of salvation simple even a child can understand it and accept it.. But there is a huge amount of knowledge and wisdom in the Bible beyond the simple faith that saves.. That knowledge adds a lot of strength to ones Faith.. Adds armor and gives you a great weapon to weld in spiritual combat.

    While it is good to accept and embrace the simple Way of salvation.. The enemy will attack babes in Christ seeking to undermine their simple faith.. So it is best to grow in deeper knowledge of the Faith so as to be more solid and deeper in ones confidence in the LORD.. That way you can brush off the attacks of the enemy which come to look pathetic when you have knowledge..
    Thank you for your post Adstar, yes I see that, I want to learn so much but sometimes I run before I can walk, it`s a bad habit of mine, I want the meat but realise that I also need the milk to swallow the meat down ...

    It is nice to be reminded that it is God who will lead me in His way and me not lead myself, and right now although I know who I am in Christ, the evil one still comes at me and makes me wobble, I have to keep my mind set, this is hard sometimes, so I do understand this is why we need the word of God in us to strengthen us in times of weakness, and then I can use Scripture to fight him off when I raise my shield...

    Thank you for taking time to explain things in an easy way that I can understand ...Off to read the rest of Exodus to find some precious gems, yesterday when I got to the manna, I realised just how much God provides for our needs...xox...
    Adstar likes this.
    PSALM 107:20 He sends His word and heals me and rescues me from the pit and destruction.

  11. #111
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    22,282
    Rep Power
    310

    Default Re: Advice please about preachers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laish View Post
    Surprise!
    Blessings
    Bill
    Yes, it was. It seems a lot of people play their cards close to the vest.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  12. #112
    Senior Member MarcR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2015
    Age
    78
    Posts
    4,634
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Advice please about preachers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemaryx View Post
    WOW yes you are correct, thanks for pointing that out, why could I not see that myself ...Does it mean I am missing the mark, I hope as I read further on I will get more understanding, your post really opened my eyes, how could I of missed that, it makes me feel sad...xox...
    Rosemary,

    Reading the Bible under guidance of the Holy Spirit will never steer you wrong.

    You should not expect to get every truth contained in a passage from one reading.

    Many people have been reading through the Bible once or twice a year for decades and still find something new every time.

    Also there is no need to read through the Bible even once a year; though reading through it is certainly a good idea.

    Take it at a pace that works for you.
    MarcR



    Blessings on you! (Nu 6:24-26)


    Col 3:16-17
    16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
    17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

    KJV

  13. #113
    Senior Member Rosemaryx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    117

    Default Re: Advice please about preachers.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcR View Post
    Rosemary,

    Reading the Bible under guidance of the Holy Spirit will never steer you wrong.

    You should not expect to get every truth contained in a passage from one reading.

    Many people have been reading through the Bible once or twice a year for decades and still find something new every time.

    Also there is no need to read through the Bible even once a year; though reading through it is certainly a good idea.

    Take it at a pace that works for you.
    Thank you MarcR...I am glad you said that...I have enjoyed my reading today, I was much more relaxed as the Holy Spirit led me ...I am feeling as I read , it is becoming personal, today I fell into the scene of the wilderness, this is all new to me, and your right, I got things today that I read yesterday, and now I can meditate on them as I go to sleep, and have what I am being taught written on my heart, it`s exciting...xox...
    MarcR and oldethennew like this.
    PSALM 107:20 He sends His word and heals me and rescues me from the pit and destruction.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. TV preachers
    By Saved502 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: January 5th, 2017, 08:39 PM
  2. These preachers?
    By JesusMyOnly in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 31st, 2015, 01:11 PM
  3. Replies: 46
    Last Post: September 16th, 2014, 03:12 PM
  4. Women Preachers
    By Elijah19 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 15th, 2013, 12:09 PM
  5. preachers' infidelity
    By mcap in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: June 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM