Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68
Like Tree117Likes

Suggestions

Have a suggestion for Christian Chat .com? Post it here!

Thread: The ignore function

  1. #1
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,564
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    92

    Default The ignore function

    How about if, when we put someone on ignore, not only can I not see their posts but they cannot see mine?
    Last edited by RickyZ; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:20 PM.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  2. #2
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,074
    Rep Power
    485

    Default Re: The ignore function

    If you put someone on ignore and they respond to one of your posts,
    you will never see it unless someone else quotes their response to you.

    I see one guy saying quite often, there goes another log on the fire,
    in regards to him putting people on ignore. I still read his posts,
    and sometimes put likes on them.

    Why should his choices affect what I am allowed to do?
    RickyZ likes this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  3. #3
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,218
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    375

    Default Re: The ignore function

    They can see yours, but you can't see theirs.. Unless you both have each other on ignore, in which case neither of you will see the other's posts..lol

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    How about if, when we put someone on ignore, not only can I not see their posts but they cannot see mine?
    SAS and Chester like this.


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Imagine Blue Ladybug and an orange kitty army!!


    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2011
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,544
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    84

    Default Re: The ignore function

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    How about if, when we put someone on ignore, not only can I not see their posts but they cannot see mine?
    What If I put someone on Ignore and then my curiosity about what they might be posting peaks my Interest to the degree that I view their post,I find then that putting them on Ignore Is not true because I'm not really Ignoring them anyway,so why bother?
    IF you do not realize that the rebirth took place in your spirit then it can be confusing to your mind worshiping GOD standing in front of a physical mirror.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,084
    Rep Power
    83

    Default Re: The ignore function

    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    What If I put someone on Ignore and then my curiosity about what they might be posting peaks my Interest to the degree that I view their post,I find then that putting them on Ignore Is not true because I'm not really Ignoring them anyway,so why bother?
    Yeah, I know, right?
    Rickyz is the only one I put on ignore, but I kept on hitting the "view post" and figured, "why bother?"
    Hehe
    Demi777 and Magenta like this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  6. #6
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,074
    Rep Power
    485

    Default Re: The ignore function

    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    What If I put someone on Ignore and then my curiosity about what they might be posting peaks my Interest to the degree that I view their post,I find then that putting them on Ignore Is not true because I'm not really Ignoring them anyway,so why bother?
    Piques Some people are rather consistently more often than not overly aggressive, critical, presumptive, slanderers, nasty, etc... why subject yourself to such a spirit? Some people may like to exchange barbs with such, but it is certainly not my cup of tea

    Cookie?




    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  7. #7
    Senior Member Prov910's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    823
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: The ignore function

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    How about if, when we put someone on ignore, not only can I not see their posts but they cannot see mine?
    I see your point. But that ignored person did not put you on ignore. So why should he be prevented from reading your posts? If you post something on an Internet message board, it's out there for the world to see. You can't pick and choose who gets to read it. Just sayin..
    ================================================== ===========
    10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. Prov. 9:10

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,496
    Rep Power
    190

    Default Re: The ignore function

    All they have to do is not sign in to read your posts.
    AuntieAnt likes this.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  9. #9
    Senior Member BillG's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,710
    Rep Power
    229

    Default Re: The ignore function

    Wound anyone who was placed on ignore be gutted to know they were?
    Lord

    Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

  10. #10
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,045
    Rep Power
    171

    Default Re: The ignore function

    Can you see this?
    SAS, Chester, BillG and 1 others like this.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    Open Theism and Molinism, two inept theological camps, do err in this sense; God doesn't have an R&D department, He does all things perfectly.

  11. #11
    Senior Member BillG's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,710
    Rep Power
    229

    Default Re: The ignore function

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    Can you see this?
    I can.

    Can you see mine?
    SAS and Chester like this.
    Lord

    Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

  12. #12
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,045
    Rep Power
    171

    Default Re: The ignore function

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    I can.

    Can you see mine?
    Only if I want to.
    Chester and BillG like this.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    Open Theism and Molinism, two inept theological camps, do err in this sense; God doesn't have an R&D department, He does all things perfectly.

  13. #13
    Senior Member BillG's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,710
    Rep Power
    229

    Default Re: The ignore function

    I sometimes try to ignore the wife.

    She assures me that's not an option.
    Lord

    Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Prov910's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    823
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: The ignore function

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    I sometimes try to ignore the wife.

    She assures me that's not an option.
    You push it too far and you might get banned! (The marital version of banned, that is. lol)

    ================================================== ===========
    10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. Prov. 9:10

  15. #15
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,573
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: The ignore function

    I know of one person with whom I share a mutual ignore...well possibly a couple, but one for sure

    if he can, he goes out of his way to dig at me and will even post things from months back if he thinks he can score points

    seriously?

    I don't read his posts...but did see what he did not long ago because another poster quoted his jibes at me

    I didn't answer

    ignore is best ignored

    so...some it seem use ignore to insult and some actually do ignore

    pick one
    kaylagrl and heartofdavid like this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,564
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: The ignore function

    A lot of the time (I believe) one person puts another on ignore because they just have bad chemistry, and that fosters animosity and arguing here in these pages. Since this is a 2-way street, if I know someone is just going to off on my posts for no other reason than I wrote it, I should be able in the interests of peace say I don't want that person reading my stuff. It keeps them from having that anger response, which really needs to be tamed down here. Like 7 seas exampled and Magenta said, why subject yourself (and others) to such a spirit?

    And is it really fair to allow them to continue responding to something I've indicated that I don't want to discuss with them?

    Yes seed time it is hard not to peek, isn't it? lol. So maybe the ignore should have an option to just remove all their posts from your feed. Instead of saying 'oh there's something here but you're gonna have to break your will to ignore to see it'. Lead us not into temptation, right ?

    If you ignore someone, they don't know; If I chose to block you from seeing my posts, of course you would know (response to BillG). And yes preacher I can see yours, but I can't see Tommys. Oops now Tommy knows.

    And wife is the very definition of 'one you can't ignore'

    I guess I could always just ask someone to put me on ignore, but I doubt Depleted or Roger would honor that request.

    Anyway, it was just a thought. If you know someone will instinctively respond aggressively to your thoughts, you should be able to keep them from hearing them. It would help keep the aggression down in these pages and keep such spirits at bay.





    Tommy379 and heartofdavid like this.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2017
    Age
    36
    Posts
    928
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: The ignore function

    It really is a lame function. lol
    Selesmonica and lightbearer like this.
    I am a Liberally Republican Democrat and I approve this message!

  18. #18
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,564
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: The ignore function

    It will always be a sieve, not a wall, but ya gotta do sumptin' right?
    heartofdavid and Speak2Me like this.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  19. #19
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,573
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: The ignore function

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    A lot of the time (I believe) one person puts another on ignore because they just have bad chemistry, and that fosters animosity and arguing here in these pages. Since this is a 2-way street, if I know someone is just going to off on my posts for no other reason than I wrote it, I should be able in the interests of peace say I don't want that person reading my stuff. It keeps them from having that anger response, which really needs to be tamed down here. Like 7 seas exampled and Magenta said, why subject yourself (and others) to such a spirit?

    And is it really fair to allow them to continue responding to something I've indicated that I don't want to discuss with them?

    Yes seed time it is hard not to peek, isn't it? lol. So maybe the ignore should have an option to just remove all their posts from your feed. Instead of saying 'oh there's something here but you're gonna have to break your will to ignore to see it'. Lead us not into temptation, right ?

    If you ignore someone, they don't know; If I chose to block you from seeing my posts, of course you would know (response to BillG). And yes preacher I can see yours, but I can't see Tommys. Oops now Tommy knows.

    And wife is the very definition of 'one you can't ignore'

    I guess I could always just ask someone to put me on ignore, but I doubt Depleted or Roger would honor that request.

    Anyway, it was just a thought. If you know someone will instinctively respond aggressively to your thoughts, you should be able to keep them from hearing them. It would help keep the aggression down in these pages and keep such spirits at bay.






    yes

    well

    I learned in grade school that haters gonna hate

    some people just don't like your face...or your post

    who knows what ticks some people off?
    kaylagrl likes this.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: The ignore function

    No point putting someone on ignore if you're not serious in ignoring them.. And yes it would be good if the one being ignored could not read your posts.. That would make ignoring more effective..
    RickyZ, blue_ladybug and kaylagrl like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Advanced Search function on CC
    By Prov910 in forum User2User Tech Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 4th, 2017, 06:37 PM
  2. Replies: 363
    Last Post: June 25th, 2015, 08:29 PM
  3. the function of the 144,000
    By kentappel in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: May 4th, 2013, 01:10 AM
  4. Ignore function to include listed threads?
    By wwjd_kilden in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 12th, 2012, 08:37 AM