Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
Like Tree76Likes

Suggestions

Have a suggestion for Christian Chat .com? Post it here!

Thread: Chat system failed. Restore it.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2017
    Age
    37
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Chat system failed. Restore it.

    The current chat system does not work. This is why it is overwhelmed with negativity and has a poor reputation. The site has learned in the passed it seems that allowing financial supporters moderation duty will not work. Yet it still has not transgressed a pirate democracy. I think currently the biggest problem is that any three users can team up and ban someone from all chat rooms. This causes an override in corruption and makes all and any rules obsolete. I have been banned many times for simply having a different opinion, I have been banned for having a different denomination than another, I have seen others come in and just say "Hello" and get banned in the heat of the crossfire, And now I am banned by 3 people I have never met simply because I am new and they misunderstood a statement about my own beliefs. Any belief, even not believers or any faiths are supposed to be allowed here. Not that I care enough to try to fix it again, I only enjoyed talked to one or two people really. But what happened is the people everybody here complains about, those who sit home all day in some pure rage and sit online and insult people all day and make problems, these lost personality types are being the one put in charge when you allow corruption of a system to be done so easily. I advice not allowing any members to decide the fate of other members. If all faiths and opinions and creeds of people are welcome, there would be no reason to. The truly selected moderators always did a good job knowing the difference from somebody just angry cause they are psychopaths and somebody else has another opinion, or somebody actually making problems which is very rare. I find even the trolls are just trolls trying to avoid all the conflict, and people screaming are just offended. The true problem though is the moderators never enforced one rule, respect. If that happened all the people ruining it for everybody else would be banned instead of the people they are jealous of.
    JaumeJ and laura_charlotte like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    18,921
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    398

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    I rarely frequent the chats as I have found them boring as the topic is always Jesus, 24/7/365. I would enjoy chats more if it was just a series of typed messages. Seems like someone signs in and a few seconds later signs out. This inhibits the natural flow of the conversation, if any. The best conversations take place in the forums where you have the opportunity to real know and understand the members and genuinely have concern for their cares and burdens that they may be caring. Besides that, it's great Christian fellowship.
    seoulsearch, Willie-T and stand2 like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    22,421
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcanePrince View Post
    The current chat system does not work. This is why it is overwhelmed with negativity and has a poor reputation. The site has learned in the passed it seems that allowing financial supporters moderation duty will not work. Yet it still has not transgressed a pirate democracy. I think currently the biggest problem is that any three users can team up and ban someone from all chat rooms. This causes an override in corruption and makes all and any rules obsolete. I have been banned many times for simply having a different opinion, I have been banned for having a different denomination than another, I have seen others come in and just say "Hello" and get banned in the heat of the crossfire, And now I am banned by 3 people I have never met simply because I am new and they misunderstood a statement about my own beliefs. Any belief, even not believers or any faiths are supposed to be allowed here. Not that I care enough to try to fix it again, I only enjoyed talked to one or two people really. But what happened is the people everybody here complains about, those who sit home all day in some pure rage and sit online and insult people all day and make problems, these lost personality types are being the one put in charge when you allow corruption of a system to be done so easily. I advice not allowing any members to decide the fate of other members. If all faiths and opinions and creeds of people are welcome, there would be no reason to. The truly selected moderators always did a good job knowing the difference from somebody just angry cause they are psychopaths and somebody else has another opinion, or somebody actually making problems which is very rare. I find even the trolls are just trolls trying to avoid all the conflict, and people screaming are just offended. The true problem though is the moderators never enforced one rule, respect. If that happened all the people ruining it for everybody else would be banned instead of the people they are jealous of.
    If my voice carried any sway...... from this one post, I certainly would not object to you being banned.
    tourist, Monnkai and NotmebutHim like this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Monnkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,009
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    Its my firm belief that the moderators are just in there bannings. I dont think they ban with out a good reason. You get banned for making poor decisions as you should be
    Willie-T likes this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,837
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    406

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    I don't like the chat rooms. But here in the forums, I find that the 1 or 2 mods who do come in here are fairly lenient. Or maybe "patient" is a better word.. lol



    Blue ladybug, fearless leader of the orange kitty battalion! She loves orange tabbies and is innocent as decreed by Pottersclay who states that Scripture says that all people who love orange tabbies are innocent. Truthtalk says that God created the world, and then He created wonderful orange tabbies. Joefizz has elected blue ladybug as captain of the brave orange kitty ​army!



    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    ​ Orange kitties approve



  6. #6
    Senior Member AuntieAnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    3,180
    Rep Power
    135

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    I like going into the chat room when RoboOp is there. I feel safe because everyone keeps themselves in check knowing RoboOp is watching over the room. Otherwise, the chat room can unnerve me when two or three people judge someone who isn't exactly going with the flow of things. I usually log off because it's too sad to watch someone struggling to explain themsevles when a verdict is already placed against them.
    ArcanePrince likes this.

    I didn’t see a temple in the city because the Lord God All-Mighty and the Lamb are its Temple. The city didn’t have need for the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the Glory of God gave it light; the Lamb is the Light.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,707
    Rep Power
    213

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monnkai View Post
    Its my firm belief that the moderators are just in there bannings. I dont think they ban with out a good reason. You get banned for making poor decisions as you should be
    He's talking about the chats. The new chat system has different moderation. Three users can decide to ban an individual from chat, I believe temporarily. No mod required.
    ArcanePrince likes this.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    22,421
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    He's talking about the chats. The new chat system has different moderation. Three users can decide to ban an individual from chat, I believe temporarily. No mod required.
    Well, I have to admit that isn't a very bright idea.
    blue_ladybug and oldethennew like this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    18,921
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    398

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    Well, I have to admit that isn't a very bright idea.
    The people that do the banning should be banned. Of course, if that happened the chat room would be empty. Probably a good thing.
    oldethennew and stand2 like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,731
    Rep Power
    121

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    I just looked at chat. They turned the BS room into marshill.
    Strange.
    oldethennew likes this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  11. #11
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,707
    Rep Power
    213

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    OP talks like a seasoned user, but he's not been around that long.
    But the issue he misses, and if he were as seasoned as he pretends he would know this, is that mods are unpaid volunteers and they only log on during their personal free time. This created a void in chats, particularly over night, where mods may not be on for hours. This gave free reign to any disruptors to go hours on end with nothing to stop them.

    Also the chats are not "broken" they are new. And as with all new things it takes time to work the kinks out. The old chat site was more closely connected to the actually site itself. The new chats are separate from the site, just sharing accounts. Who knows what new challenges that presented. Changing formats like that.

    We hear your side of the story, where you naturally show yourself as an innocent victim. Maybe you are. Maybe you deserved the bans. We don't know. But most users banned from this site by mods all felt they were victims as well.

    It seems this post is nothing more than a pity cry and an attempt to elicit ill will towards the site. So far this is the only complaint I can recall if unfair bans.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    22,421
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    The people that do the banning should be banned. Of course, if that happened the chat room would be empty. Probably a good thing.
    We do have to stay conscious of the fact that there is an attractive underlying reason the Chat exists in the first place.
    posthuman, tourist and oldethennew like this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member AuntieAnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    3,180
    Rep Power
    135

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    We do have to stay conscious of the fact that there is an attractive underlying reason the Chat exists in the first place.


    I'm banging my head here trying to figure out what attractive underlying reason for the chat you're conscious of. All of a sudden, I'm wondering if there's like a covert operation I haven't been privy to. LOL

    Seriously though, I love hearing all the cheery voices when it's hoppin' in the chat room and sometimes a member will play music and take requests, too. It’s so much fun! Some chatters will type the lyrics as a song plays or will type fun keyboard characters to make it more colorful. ♥♪♩♫♬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♪♩♫♬♥ (That's usually me!) And I can name at least five people who are so blessed with hospitality, making people laugh and getting shy folks to relax and interact, too. There’s live Bible studies, prayer requests, weekend "parties", and lots of close fellowship. It gives another facet of CC that I appreciate.

    I only get anxious when unresolved conflict disrupts the room. I’m not a mod so I have no authority to settle disputes. Other than that, chat is great!
    tourist likes this.

    I didn’t see a temple in the city because the Lord God All-Mighty and the Lamb are its Temple. The city didn’t have need for the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the Glory of God gave it light; the Lamb is the Light.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,543
    Rep Power
    249

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieAnt View Post


    I'm banging my head here trying to figure out what attractive underlying reason for the chat you're conscious of. All of a sudden, I'm wondering if there's like a covert operation I haven't been privy to. LOL
    If you have to ask..... you'll never know


  15. #15
    Senior Member AuntieAnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    3,180
    Rep Power
    135

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    If you have to ask..... you'll never know

    Honest to goodness, now you got me concerned. What am I missing?? Is this like a private joke?
    NoNameMcgee likes this.

    I didn’t see a temple in the city because the Lord God All-Mighty and the Lamb are its Temple. The city didn’t have need for the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the Glory of God gave it light; the Lamb is the Light.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,543
    Rep Power
    249

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieAnt View Post
    Honest to goodness, now you got me concerned. What am I missing?? Is this like a private joke?


    im just teasin ya

    id have to ask too
    AuntieAnt likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    6,696
    Rep Power
    183

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    it's really hard for us to believe that (3) people can exact a ban on someone,
    if they disagree with them!
    unless the person's who have the power to ban are not in agreement...
    unless someone is blatantly 'rude' to the point of insulting in
    non-Christian Love and dis-respect:

    it doesn't make sense...after all, the complainers and whiners are, simple that...
    and really, who cares what others think, unless they are rogue and representatives
    of satan, which is also very prevalent in many 'chat sites' - satan loves to inter-mingle
    himself and his minions in especially chat sites that have a good/up-right agenda...

    we've been in a few where 'satan' was very welcome', it was good for business!!!

    and alas, let us not forget those who 'love' to play 'both' sides of the coin, they are
    usually very visible and apparent, although not to themselves...
    Last edited by oldethennew; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:03 PM.
    Willie-T and JosephsDreams like this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member AuntieAnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    3,180
    Rep Power
    135

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post


    im just teasin ya

    id have to ask too

    Oh ok, heehee!! I'm a ditz at times & am a good target for pranks. Ask my kids. They tease me a lot, too.

    Thanks for clearing that up, dear NoNameMcgee. :::hugs:::
    NoNameMcgee likes this.

    I didn’t see a temple in the city because the Lord God All-Mighty and the Lamb are its Temple. The city didn’t have need for the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the Glory of God gave it light; the Lamb is the Light.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    22,421
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    I'm not the only one who realizes. (Watch your INBOXES in a couple of days.)
    oldethennew and NoNameMcgee like this.

  20. #20
    Administrator RoboOp's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2008
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,343
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Chat system failed. Restore it.

    We've received a report about what Wille-T is doing. He is spreading the old lie that RoboOp is rich [quite the contrary], that he is greedy [God knows my heart], does everything for money [let God judge]...... anyway, I'd rather spend my time more productively than having to deal with such persons using our site to try to poison people's minds against our site. Not very cool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RESTORE ME
    By Joidevivre in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 5th, 2014, 12:57 AM
  2. Gently Restore.
    By Ramon in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 10th, 2011, 01:21 PM