Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
Like Tree16Likes

Suggestions

Have a suggestion for Christian Chat .com? Post it here!

Thread: Younger women, wiser women.

  1. #1
    djness
    Guest

    Default Younger women, wiser women.

    I got a suggestion, and maybe for the more mature ladies on the site. I noticed when some the teen girls are on here lately they have those mirror shots of themselves.
    Some girl just joined today and starts talking to me that I don't even know. Said something about she knows a guy who lives in my state. Anyway her picture....was just another one of those teen mirror shots with some barely covering top.
    I told her she should change it for two reasons.
    1. She was inviting guys to hit on her like that.
    2. She is causing guys to stumble by that.

    Anyway maybe some of the ladies who are in chat could try to start policing this? Help us guys out who aren't looking but it's being ut in our faces.
    The response I got from this girl was "my mom says its not a good picture either but IDC."

    Thanks.
    just-us-2 and EmilyNats like this.

  2. #2
    TDWP22
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Quote Originally Posted by djness View Post
    I got a suggestion, and maybe for the more mature ladies on the site. I noticed when some the teen girls are on here lately they have those mirror shots of themselves.
    Some girl just joined today and starts talking to me that I don't even know. Said something about she knows a guy who lives in my state. Anyway her picture....was just another one of those teen mirror shots with some barely covering top.
    I told her she should change it for two reasons.
    1. She was inviting guys to hit on her like that.
    2. She is causing guys to stumble by that.

    Anyway maybe some of the ladies who are in chat could try to start policing this? Help us guys out who aren't looking but it's being ut in our faces.
    The response I got from this girl was "my mom says its not a good picture either but IDC."

    Thanks.
    people stumble for there own business...its not evil or anything, thats just how teens dress...its like me wanting tattoos and piercings...i were black most of the time chains and stuff

  3. #3
    Senior Member Jordache's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,829
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    But we are called to mentor those younger than us... we are our brothers/sisters keeper.
    just-us-2 and SparkleEyes like this.

  4. #4
    See_KING_Truth
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Quote Originally Posted by TDWP22 View Post
    people stumble for there own business...its not evil or anything, thats just how teens dress...its like me wanting tattoos and piercings...i were black most of the time chains and stuff
    People can cause other people to stumble and it is evil, whether people are aware of it or not. That is like saying that somebody trying to tempt you into sin is not doing evil, which is obviously not true, that is evil in every way.
    just-us-2 likes this.

  5. #5
    Member jhspy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2009
    Age
    22
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Romans 12:2

    New International Version (NIV)

    2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

    1 John 2:15

    New International Version (NIV)

    On Not Loving the World

    15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father[a] is not in them.
    1st Timothy 2:9 ESV

    Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,
    Last edited by jhspy1; June 24th, 2011 at 02:42 PM.
    just-us-2 likes this.
    But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear ; do not be frightened."
    Take Courage
    1 Peter 3:14

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    October 23rd, 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Romans 13:11-13
    11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

    Mathew 6:31-34

    31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
    just-us-2 likes this.

  7. #7
    rainacorn
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Quote Originally Posted by TDWP22 View Post
    people stumble for there own business...its not evil or anything, thats just how teens dress...its like me wanting tattoos and piercings...i were black most of the time chains and stuff
    I thought the verse was 'your body is a temple.'

    Not, 'your body is a dungeon.'

    lol

    sorry that really made me laugh

  8. #8
    TDWP22
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Quote Originally Posted by See_KING_Truth View Post
    People can cause other people to stumble and it is evil, whether people are aware of it or not. That is like saying that somebody trying to tempt you into sin is not doing evil, which is obviously not true, that is evil in every way.
    but the reason they do is because of there own weakness...i agree they shouldn't dress to openly at church but on the streets. -the reason is a temptation its because its your weakness...people ask me if i smoke weed, or if i want a cigarette, i say no, i wasn't tempted because i never had the urge to in the first place....yes we should watch out to who we show what we do so those who are weak wont stumble but dont critizie those who are string for doing ex: you criticizing me because i play many heavy metal song on the guitar, im not tempting you into listening heavy metal am i?

  9. #9
    Whyllow
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Quote Originally Posted by TDWP22 View Post
    but the reason they do is because of there own weakness...i agree they shouldn't dress to openly at church but on the streets. -the reason is a temptation its because its your weakness...people ask me if i smoke weed, or if i want a cigarette, i say no, i wasn't tempted because i never had the urge to in the first place....yes we should watch out to who we show what we do so those who are weak wont stumble but dont critizie those who are string for doing ex: you criticizing me because i play many heavy metal song on the guitar, im not tempting you into listening heavy metal am i?
    I used to dress the way you do. (I still listen to heavy metal so I can't complain there!) But you also have to understand that society looks at you by the way you dress. If you dress goth. You're put into the goth category. It doesn't matter if you are a Christian or not, you're put into it. If you dress hoochie, you're automatically easy and will get hit on by a ton of slime balls. We as Christians don't need to be labeled as hoochie, or slutty. That brings dirt onto Christ's name. Making non Christians think that hey, Christians are just like us, so why should we get saved in the first place?

    Now I'm not saying go and change your attire. I still wear black gamer shirts, and when I can fit into them, my pants that I got from Hot Topic.

    But understand that in the eyes of the Lord, "Hoochie" isn't very godly. God doesn't want us to create stumbling blocks for people. He wants us to help them get over the stumbling block and to guide them to a better place.
    EmilyNats likes this.

  10. #10
    See_KING_Truth
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Quote Originally Posted by TDWP22 View Post
    but the reason they do is because of there own weakness...i agree they shouldn't dress to openly at church but on the streets. -the reason is a temptation its because its your weakness...people ask me if i smoke weed, or if i want a cigarette, i say no, i wasn't tempted because i never had the urge to in the first place....yes we should watch out to who we show what we do so those who are weak wont stumble but dont critizie those who are string for doing ex: you criticizing me because i play many heavy metal song on the guitar, im not tempting you into listening heavy metal am i?
    The bold is what I was saying. The flesh is weak and does not want to edify the spirit. The flesh is against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh. Remember, everybody is in a different area of their walk with Christ. I don't want to do anything that might cause my brother to stumble, because I might be held accountable to a degree...

    Romans 14
    21It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

  11. #11
    TDWP22
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whyllow View Post
    I used to dress the way you do. (I still listen to heavy metal so I can't complain there!) But you also have to understand that society looks at you by the way you dress. If you dress goth. You're put into the goth category. It doesn't matter if you are a Christian or not, you're put into it. If you dress hoochie, you're automatically easy and will get hit on by a ton of slime balls. We as Christians don't need to be labeled as hoochie, or slutty. That brings dirt onto Christ's name. Making non Christians think that hey, Christians are just like us, so why should we get saved in the first place?

    Now I'm not saying go and change your attire. I still wear black gamer shirts, and when I can fit into them, my pants that I got from Hot Topic.

    But understand that in the eyes of the Lord, "Hoochie" isn't very godly. God doesn't want us to create stumbling blocks for people. He wants us to help them get over the stumbling block and to guide them to a better place.
    like i care what everyone thinks about how i dress, i have an objective in life and that's to prove people wrong of their stupid assumptions making assess of themselves (assume= making an ass out of "u" and me) hoochie and slut means dressing in a way to attract men or women for sexual relationships....weren't Adam and eve naked in the first place?? who was the one who made nakedness evil, us, and we keep doing so with other things....i've seen so many girls that show a lot of skin that it really doesn't bother me, i can talk to a girl with a mini skirt and i wont think about sex, this generation is used to alot of things the elderly still can get into their heads, like seeing lesbians kissing in school, i see it everyday, does it bother me? no, is it a sin? yes...i will keep dressing the way i do because i like how i look

  12. #12
    djness
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Quote Originally Posted by TDWP22 View Post
    like i care what everyone thinks about how i dress, i have an objective in life and that's to prove people wrong of their stupid assumptions making assess of themselves (assume= making an ass out of "u" and me) hoochie and slut means dressing in a way to attract men or women for sexual relationships....weren't Adam and eve naked in the first place?? who was the one who made nakedness evil, us, and we keep doing so with other things....i've seen so many girls that show a lot of skin that it really doesn't bother me, i can talk to a girl with a mini skirt and i wont think about sex, this generation is used to alot of things the elderly still can get into their heads, like seeing lesbians kissing in school, i see it everyday, does it bother me? no, is it a sin? yes...i will keep dressing the way i do because i like how i look
    Your a guy. This isn't really about you at all. This is about girls coming to a christian site dressing less then modestly and using those pictures on their profiles. I could honestly care less what you wear unless you are on cam with your fly unzipped or something lewd.

  13. #13
    TDWP22
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    an we all could care less if a girl takes a mirror pic it aint a sin so yeah...your the one who started with me anyways

  14. #14
    TDWP22
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    my point is simple, dont blame others for your weaknesses and falls

  15. #15
    See_KING_Truth
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    I notice how you keep saying "your weakness(es)"....

  16. #16
    TDWP22
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Quote Originally Posted by See_KING_Truth View Post
    I notice how you keep saying "your weakness(es)"....
    point?????

  17. #17
    See_KING_Truth
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Just seems to me by this that you're implying that you have no weaknesses or that you hold yourself higher than others, see how arrogant that makes you look?

  18. #18
    TDWP22
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Quote Originally Posted by See_KING_Truth View Post
    Just seems to me by this that you're implying that you have no weaknesses or that you hold yourself higher than others, see how arrogant that makes you look?
    1. Who ever said i don't 2. Whether i use "your" or "Are" doesn't really alter my point. 3. Never assume, it makes you look stupid 4. If you think that was disrespectful; you earn my respect 5. since when do we have the same weaknesses? 6. your not the first who ever said that to me and i know, mediocrity is my weakness 7. in the end, the smartest and Wisest prevail
    Last edited by TDWP22; June 27th, 2011 at 01:01 AM.

  19. #19
    Sweetheart1987
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Quote Originally Posted by djness View Post
    I got a suggestion, and maybe for the more mature ladies on the site. I noticed when some the teen girls are on here lately they have those mirror shots of themselves.
    Some girl just joined today and starts talking to me that I don't even know. Said something about she knows a guy who lives in my state. Anyway her picture....was just another one of those teen mirror shots with some barely covering top.
    I told her she should change it for two reasons.
    1. She was inviting guys to hit on her like that.
    2. She is causing guys to stumble by that.

    Anyway maybe some of the ladies who are in chat could try to start policing this? Help us guys out who aren't looking but it's being ut in our faces.
    The response I got from this girl was "my mom says its not a good picture either but IDC."

    Thanks.

    I have to say,I actually agree with you. I've seen this very often and to be quiet frank with you about it I stop and literally say to myself out loud "where is the parenting here?". I mean this girl is the perfect example,her mom said it's not a good picture either,yet she allows the girl to dress this way and post the pic online of all places? MAKE her wear a tank top, or cami(which is an undershirt just for this type of thing).

    I don't feel any girl and/or woman should complain at all if men are hitting on them,flirting,etc. if they come on here with pics like that. I have to say,I appreciate not only your concern but how true it seems to be and you looking out for the younger ones on here.I can see your point,although I'm not a man. I've seen how they can't seem to help at times but to look when these girls and women whom are beautiful and have a figure are flaunting themselves to the world.

    It makes me sick and feel disgusted when I hear them saying things like ''work it if you got it'' or ''why not flaunt it if you got it'' because God says NOT to do such things. Women shouldn't tempt men,and men shouldn't tempt women. I hear so many complain about ''equal rights/treatment'' issues yet they...oh sigh...I'll just stop there with that.

    While I won't go looking for the pics of these girls on here like that,should one pm me and I see it,then I would be willing and glad to warn them,explain things to them,pray with them, and hopefully convince them to change that picture...not only on here,but on social networks as well. Myspace,facebook, tweeter,etc. as I'm sure they have them all over those sorts of things.The older ones are to instruct the younger ones,and sometimes the younger do have to instruct the older ones lol but anyways...you get the point.

    I support you and agree here completely. It's about time someone steps up to the plate so to speak,and handles matters God bless.
    Mo0448 and EmilyNats like this.

  20. #20
    Sweetheart1987
    Guest

    Default Re: Younger women, wiser women.

    Oh and also,I meant to say...when I was growing up...had I dressed the way these girls today oh Lord help me I wouldn't have stepped foot out of my room,let alone the house lol! I'm grown now,and will be 24 soon,and let me tell you I'm still NOT allowed to dress in such a manner nor would I want to. My grandparents brought me up with morals,respect,and decency. You don't go around with a skirt hiked up way up your thighs,or shirts so short they don't cover your stomach, or so low cut they show your ''upper area'' so to speak. If you choose to wear make up,you do NOT cake it on,but use it in a modest way.I don't even bother with that either honestly. I'm saddened and heartbroken, as well as sickened and disgusted by the way people allow their children to dress these days and how most young women dress.I was in Pigeon Forge,and Gatlinburg TN back in February of this year,and I tell you what... I saw little girls maybe 5 years old,some younger who were dressed like teens and things. Make up,fake eyelashes,their cheer leading outfit so skimpy,and t-shirts if they had them on,tied up in a knot showing their body off. I wanted to yank those ''parents'' up and give them a piece of my mind lol,but I knew I couldn't....and at the same time I wanted to just tell them,look how you're exposing your child/children to the world...for men to lust over, and all the perverts out there,pedophiles, etc to possibly snatch up before and without you knowing it. Show them the foundations of God's word and bring them up right!
    Mo0448 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. feminism and Christianity
    By lexieydoodle in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: May 11th, 2011, 09:03 PM
  2. What women REALLY want!!!
    By Ramon in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 6th, 2011, 03:44 AM
  3. Is the entire Bible the infallible inerrant Word of God?
    By mcubed in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: March 6th, 2010, 01:39 PM