Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BrittanyJones

Suggestions

Have a suggestion for Christian Chat .com? Post it here!

Thread: lost loved ones

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default lost loved ones

    it would be nice if there was a chat room with people that have lost someone they love,and they may be looking for answers or just communicate with people that can relate or have been in simular situations or maybe find someone that quotes a verse from the bible that they may not know about that could possibly help them.

  2. #2
    Senior Member PopClick's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,169
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    Usually they ask for prayer in the prayer requests forum. There are some really encouraging people there who will do their best to comfort the bereaved.
    I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    im sure,but having just people that have lost someone that want to talk to other people that may have been in simular situations would cut down on off topic subjects and probably be more constructive,dont you think?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,772
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    To create a new forum line it would have to be a subject that looks like it would get well used. If they create one and it doesn't get used much, then it would be taken down. From what i see, i just don't see enough threads coming up on the subject to warrant an entire forum. Of course, its not my call, but as a 2 year user of this site i'm giving my insight.
    "I really loved being with her. I never got tired of it" - my dad talking about my mom 17 years after her death


    We know His path is narrow, to follow Him requires more than bumper stickers and apparel. They will know us by our love, not by our celebrities.


  5. #5
    GRA
    Guest

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    Quote Originally Posted by rdk123 View Post
    it would be nice if there was a chat room with people that have lost someone they love,and they may be looking for answers or just communicate with people that can relate or have been in simular situations or maybe find someone that quotes a verse from the bible that they may not know about that could possibly help them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdk123 View Post
    im sure,but having just people that have lost someone that want to talk to other people that may have been in simular situations would cut down on off topic subjects and probably be more constructive,dont you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    To create a new forum line it would have to be a subject that looks like it would get well used. If they create one and it doesn't get used much, then it would be taken down. From what i see, i just don't see enough threads coming up on the subject to warrant an entire forum. Of course, its not my call, but as a 2 year user of this site i'm giving my insight.
    Ugly: ^^

    rdk123:

    In general - no subject matter in any room is "off topic" - because it is 'public'. Any 'private' subject matter is normally "handled" in PM or in an 'empty' room.

    If there were "a separate room for every purpose" - there would be 453 rooms...

    And, at any particular moment - no people like those being "searched out" may even be present in any of the rooms.

    What is important is the people - not the rooms. A bit of searching may have to be done.

    However - "the folks are pretty nice around here" - just go into a room and ask...

    You may be very pleasantly suprised at how many there are who will take the time to talk with you - or, maybe even - if necessary - just listen...



    .

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,772
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    Quote Originally Posted by GRA View Post
    Ugly: ^^

    rdk123:

    In general - no subject matter in any room is "off topic" - because it is 'public'. Any 'private' subject matter is normally "handled" in PM or in an 'empty' room.

    If there were "a separate room for every purpose" - there would be 453 rooms...

    And, at any particular moment - no people like those being "searched out" may even be present in any of the rooms.

    What is important is the people - not the rooms. A bit of searching may have to be done.

    However - "the folks are pretty nice around here" - just go into a room and ask...

    You may be very pleasantly suprised at how many there are who will take the time to talk with you - or, maybe even - if necessary - just listen...



    .
    My answer still applies, whether forums or rooms. So didn't really change anything.
    "I really loved being with her. I never got tired of it" - my dad talking about my mom 17 years after her death


    We know His path is narrow, to follow Him requires more than bumper stickers and apparel. They will know us by our love, not by our celebrities.


  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    have you been in the bible study chat lately?so many topics and opinions makes it extremely hard to stay on topic.i understand that prayer is great but for people like myself,to talk to specific people about certain things that they can relate to would be really helpful i think.ive waited a long time to hear things from people that have been or can relate to similar situations i have.i would really like to pass these words on to these people that really need to hear,them like i did.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    i can tell by your posts that you wouldnt be one of these people

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    im talking about devastating,life changing events

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    9,702
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    The prayer Chat room should be sufficient for that.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,772
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    Quote Originally Posted by rdk123 View Post
    i can tell by your posts that you wouldnt be one of these people
    It would help if you indicated who you are talking to.
    "I really loved being with her. I never got tired of it" - my dad talking about my mom 17 years after her death


    We know His path is narrow, to follow Him requires more than bumper stickers and apparel. They will know us by our love, not by our celebrities.


  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    239
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    To me the prayer room is great for this! Also, often if you just ask there are quite a few who will come forward. I also say this as someone who has lost someone.

    The bible study room is for bible, ummm studies...yeah. Well anyhow, other rooms are better for fellowship - prayer, youtube (for some great healing music!), or youedify!
    keep_on_smiling likes this.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    suppose to be yea,but cant tell sometimes.ive listened to people talk about their jobs,politics,and their dead bird for hours.it almost feels like their trying detour people from talking about the bible at times.if you say you havent witness this for yourself then you havent visited the bible chat as much as i have.im sure there are alot of people that will agree. peolpe should be kicked out of the chat room,not for talking about the bible,but talking about these things that dont apply
    Last edited by rdk123; January 26th, 2013 at 07:08 PM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member keep_on_smiling's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    665
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    As someone who has recently lost someone, I have found the people who frequent prayer forum (they are such a blessing) to be very helpful and though I don't visit the prayer chat room, I do go in the bible study and most people there are willing to talk if you need it.
    For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

    2 Timothy 1:7


    God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
    Psalm 46:1-3

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: lost loved ones

    i want try and make light of your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you,but people can lose loved ones in very different ways,some that are so devastating that it changes who we are.these are the people that im talking about that are searching for answers or other people that can relate somehow that may offer advice that other people just wouldnt understand. (keep on smiling)

Similar Threads

  1. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity!
    By Tommy4Christ in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 12th, 2013, 03:53 PM
  2. Please pray for those who have lost a spouse
    By sinnomorePTL in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 16th, 2012, 10:56 AM
  3. The Lost Sheep
    By von1 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 14th, 2012, 09:29 PM
  4. lost but am trying to find myself
    By openedmyeyes in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 13th, 2009, 06:26 PM
  5. Tribute to Loved Ones
    By Compassion in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 6th, 2009, 09:10 PM