Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
Like Tree21Likes

Suggestions

Have a suggestion for Christian Chat .com? Post it here!

Thread: 3-40's or 40's and over room

  1. #1
    pinkbloom
    Guest

    Default 3-40's or 40's and over room

    I have been here for just over one week. I am not new to chat forums or christian dating sites, so I have seen the formats of various web sites. This site is very user friendly and of good design. I can see from just this short time on this site that it consist primarily of younger adults (17-29). I think it's great and awesome that these young adults are here on a safe site making friends and talking about our Lord. I have seen people in the Bible room but other than that everyone congregates in the lounge. I have noticed from going into the other rooms that there are never any people in theses rooms. That obviously speaks volumes as to the use of these rooms. Unfortunaltey it's a waste. I think that there could be better use of these chat rooms and they could serve a valuable ministry if the administrators of this site would respect the request of the individuals of this site. The individuals of this site know what their needs are, and they certainly know, like any consumer, when their needs are not being met. I have seen different requests for a "womens room" , "over 40"s room, etc. and the request seem to be ignored. I happen to believe that a "womens only room" would be a valuable ministry to the women who need solace and privacy concerning isssue that only women can understand. It is worth honoring this request. I certainly am not suggesting that every room request is valid as I do believe that if it does not honor God then it should not be.

    In regards to my own request. I would like to see a 30-40"s room or a 40's and older room. or both. I have been privately contacted by memebers in my age group who are just happy to connect with someone their own age group ( I am 47 years old). They have expressed this verbally to me and one member said to me they "wished they had a 40's over room". I agree! Many older people come into the chat room, just like myself and they just want to enjoy discussion with someone who is on the same age level. Now....you tell me with honesty if a 17 year old wants to converse with a 47 year old on a consistent basis. NOT! I have a 15 year old and I love him dearly but he wants to interact with kids his own age. I realize that the older generation can teach and instruct the younger, and I am sure that is happening on this site. The reality is that there is a generation gap, which is normal and acceptable. And sometime we older folk just want to connect with people of our own age.

    So administrators..please respect and consider the requests that the individuals are presenting. There is a reason for their requests and they are worth considerig..just as mine is. Thank you for your time. Anna

  2. #2
    danb
    Guest

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    An over 40 room would be nice.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Raeshelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 12th, 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    There are alot of chatters that are 30 and older, and once again we have so many rooms that are not used that to add more seems kinda silly. If you know of alot of older chatters that would like to have their own place to chat offer tog owith them to maybe the young adults or random room. They are empty alot of the time.
    willfollowsGod likes this.
    Keep Your face to the SUNSHINE and you cannot see the shadows. ~Helen Keller~

  4. #4
    pinkbloom
    Guest

    Question Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    Quote Originally Posted by Raeshelle View Post
    There are alot of chatters that are 30 and older, and once again we have so many rooms that are not used that to add more seems kinda silly. If you know of alot of older chatters that would like to have their own place to chat offer tog owith them to maybe the young adults or random room. They are empty alot of the time.

    If those unsused rooms are not being used wouldn't it make sense to at least "rename" one of those rooms to accomodate the older generation. I was not asking to create a new one just use the ones that are NOT being utilized. Being a new member I don't know many older members for me to invite them over to another room that alone seems like a taks in vain. Clear labelling of a room called 30-40' would make it so much simple, people would automatically know where to go with no constanct directing from other members. Simplicity and clarity are so much better.

    "There is no question from anyone that is a silly question"

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2014
    Age
    78
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    Seems to me that the more mature the speaker, the more the chat remains on focus. Works for me.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2014
    Age
    78
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    As an artist and art instructor, I just completed the tutorial workbook, "How To Draw A Portrait Of Jesus" based on the proportions of the Shroud of Turin.



    Would appreciate any input.
    Last edited by prodigal; April 18th, 2014 at 09:39 AM. Reason: advertising

  7. #7
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,795
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    Quote Originally Posted by gusstanthony View Post
    As an artist and art instructor, I just completed the tutorial workbook, "How To Draw A Portrait Of Jesus" based on the proportions of the Shroud of Turin.

    Attachment 68385

    Would appreciate any input.
    My input is to post this in the appropriate section of the forums. And this site is against soliciting, as it states in the posted rules. Also, this thread is from 2009.
    willfollowsGod likes this.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  8. #8
    Junior Member idahocntryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2013
    Age
    64
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    This is my first time ever being in a chat room and I must say it is not what I expected. To have a forties and older room would there lets say be a cut off of how old you can be. I visited one time a singles sight hoping to connect and women were looking for men who were not past 59 years old like sixty being the magic number of self destruction. Which to a dumb ole country boy like me I work just as hard at 61 bucking hay as I did when I was 18. I find it silly that women in those dating sights are carrying around with them mortality schedules believing once you turn sixty you are dead! So what would be the age cut-off here since I would be 13 to 14 years older?
    "A bible you see that is falling apart, belongs to someone who isn't". Charles Spurgeon

  9. #9
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,795
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    Quote Originally Posted by idahocntryboy View Post
    This is my first time ever being in a chat room and I must say it is not what I expected. To have a forties and older room would there lets say be a cut off of how old you can be. I visited one time a singles sight hoping to connect and women were looking for men who were not past 59 years old like sixty being the magic number of self destruction. Which to a dumb ole country boy like me I work just as hard at 61 bucking hay as I did when I was 18. I find it silly that women in those dating sights are carrying around with them mortality schedules believing once you turn sixty you are dead! So what would be the age cut-off here since I would be 13 to 14 years older?
    Currently you are using the forums, not the chat rooms. Chat rooms have to be entered separately and are real time.

    Far as an age cut off, that would be determined by the site owner, if he ever chooses to create such a room. But seeing as how this thread is from 2009 i don't think it's something he wants. And if i remember correctly i believe he didn't want a room like that to begin with.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  10. #10
    Senior Member A_Friend_In_Christ's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2013
    Age
    59
    Posts
    918
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    It's not silly. People are noticing that some of the older Christians are leaving chat. It used to feel good for all ages. But being with a few people over 40 and the majority being in their 20's or 30's it feels more like a chat room for younger people.

    There should be room for everyone. Amen. I have been away for awhile and now when I have been back a lot of the older regs are not here anymore. I feel kinda out of place like I am in the wrong room.

    There should be rooms for teens, young adults and the over 40 Christians if the rooms are going that in that direction. This is just my opinion. I hope we can all discuss this further.

    God bless.
    willfollowsGod and pastac like this.

  11. #11
    TashMeyer76
    Guest

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    This thread is from 2009???! What am I doing here? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    Currently you are using the forums, not the chat rooms. Chat rooms have to be entered separately and are real time.

    Far as an age cut off, that would be determined by the site owner, if he ever chooses to create such a room. But seeing as how this thread is from 2009 i don't think it's something he wants. And if i remember correctly i believe he didn't want a room like that to begin with.
    willfollowsGod, Ugly, SAS and 1 others like this.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2013
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,719
    Blog Entries
    102
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    Ok, ANNA!

    Let´s say they do it... Why not registering as a member? (u are only a guess)

    Then, as I have seen somewhere else, some would change it to "Males or female only). What for? As far as I have seen, kids sit and play around families and, believed or not, some have found fellowship and a virtual family on CC (though not many of US would be liked or accepted).

    Have a look on Men´s room ministry or the opposite (that´s for that gender) and Men´s seems to empty the moment I paid a visit (I´m not gregarious, however).

    Good to know you are 47, and older and never planned to visit teen´s room. Lo! (Just kidding) and I probably wouldn´t on a room where many feel sad, hurt or sick... Will you? ("Many older people come into the chat room, just like myself and they just want to enjoy discussion with someone who is on the same age level." )

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2013
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,719
    Blog Entries
    102
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkbloom View Post
    If those unsused rooms are not being used wouldn't it make sense to at least "rename" one of those rooms to accomodate the older generation. I was not asking to create a new one just use the ones that are NOT being utilized. Being a new member I don't know many older members for me to invite them over to another room that alone seems like a taks in vain. Clear labelling of a room called 30-40' would make it so much simple, people would automatically know where to go with no constanct directing from other members. Simplicity and clarity are so much better.

    "There is no question from anyone that is a silly question"
    May I say "Excuse me" for Rachel?

    I guess she never intended to say so, though she thought it useless (same way as a not registered guest act "demandingly").

    Private Chats can be held on PMs (but there is not actual privacy online, though)

    Hope you get registered and find the "felowship" you need to find, however I have seen manu need their anonimity and their things to "safely" or "comfortably" chat on CC.


  14. #14
    Idiot in Chief Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    47
    Posts
    4,203
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    Quote Originally Posted by secularhermit View Post
    Ok, ANNA!

    Let´s say they do it... Why not registering as a member? (u are only a guess)
    Quote Originally Posted by secularhermit View Post
    I guess she never intended to say so, though she thought it useless (same way as a not registered guest act "demandingly").

    Private Chats can be held on PMs (but there is not actual privacy online, though)

    Hope you get registered and find the "felowship" you need to find, however I have seen manu need their anonimity and their things to "safely" or "comfortably" chat on CC.

    For future reference, when you see a post by someone with the user title "guest" it means that they requested that their account be deleted. We do not allow non-registered users to post in the forums.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2013
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,719
    Blog Entries
    102
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncefallen View Post
    For future reference, when you see a post by someone with the user title "guest" it means that they requested that their account be deleted. We do not allow non-registered users to post in the forums.
    Oh! Thanks!

    Acknowledged.

  16. #16
    Junior Member Neverlandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2011
    Age
    48
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    I myself agree 100%, even in the church setting there are different sunday school classes for each age group.Many times a person who is 50 may come to the site for help or advice from others in thier own age bracket. From being here almost 3 yrs I on many occassions have witnessed in the adult bible study room when a good topic is being discussed a person of younger age will come in and start changing the topic into a topic which is suited for a teen and inturn disrupts the whole room.

  17. #17
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    13,963
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    183

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    I suggest a Romance Christian Singles Forum but this is not a dating site as that if frowned up by this establishment.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,795
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    I suggest a Romance Christian Singles Forum but this is not a dating site as that if frowned up by this establishment.
    There are already countless sites out there for that already. And the owner of this site has a separate Christian dating site as well.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  19. #19
    Senior Member A_Friend_In_Christ's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2013
    Age
    59
    Posts
    918
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    Hey, I am in the over 40's single room! Where is everybody? I am here waiting.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2017
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: 3-40's or 40's and over room

    Hello..I'm not yet sure how to use this chat sight. Testing..ok

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast