Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree12Likes
  • 8 Post By ChristCenteredGirl
  • 1 Post By Blain
  • 1 Post By ChristCenteredGirl
  • 1 Post By Blain
  • 1 Post By ChristCenteredGirl

Testimonies

Have a testimony? Tell everybody what God has done for you!

Thread: Appreciating How God Made You

  1. #1
    Senior Member ChristCenteredGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2016
    Age
    24
    Posts
    137
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Appreciating How God Made You

    When I was little, my mom would make me sit at the table on evenings and solve math equations out of a workbook. Coming from an Asian background, academics was very important to my mom. She would often get frustrated and yell at me when I failed to do it correctly. I was always bawling my eyes out every time she got angry. The more I cried, the angrier she got. Growing up, I struggled a bit in school. I always needed help from teachers and other students because I couldn't do things right by myself. Thinking logically and rationally doesn't come naturally for me. My brain has a difficult time slowing down and processing thoughts. People would constantly tell me, "Think, Jennifer, think!" "Use your brain!" "Why are you always making this so difficult!" It was really frustrating every time I struggled or people assumed I wasn't trying when I was. Eventually I wore a mask called "apathy" and became very lazy. I felt so incapable, helpless, and weak. I convinced myself it was pointless to try. I cheated off of homework assignments from friends and let my teammates do most of the work during group projects and boss me around with doing easy tasks. In the meantime, people would compare me to my brother who was more natural at making good grades and didn't have to apply himself much. Some would say, "Seriously? You're his sister? You're supposed to be real brainy like him! What's wrong with you!" When someone would try to correct a fault I made, I'd get very angry or discouraged and walk away. Sometimes I'd lash out or throw an object at them or on the ground. I felt like I was constantly being attacked and looked down on. I became a victim of my own pity parties that I threw myself all the time. I started questioning God, demanding why He made me the way I am. It didn't seem fair to me that I struggled with this while everyone around me was more self-reliant, capable, intelligent, and strong. The hatred I harbored towards myself kept rising and the more I hated myself, the more I hated God.


    Just two weeks before my high school graduation, I tried to commit suicide. I didn't think I would be able to graduate from high school and head to college. I felt like the world was crumbling down on me. I wasn't sure how I was going to survive in the real world. It made more sense to take the "easier" way out. I feared being alone in my limitations and failures. I told God that it was pointless to keep me alive and He should replace me with someone more capable and strong to fulfill His grand purpose. However, my plan failed and I ended up staying in a mental health facility for a little while.

    If you're wondering why God made you the way you are, it's because He has a special, unique role for you! I don't know how it will unfold for you, but we all have the same purpose: To love God and share His love with others.






    "But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?"-(Romans 9:20). In 1 Corinthians 12, Paul illustrates the importance of everyone belonging to the body of Christ and how each part has a function. Verses 22-23 says, "On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts we consider less honorable, we treat with greater honor." I'm certainly not the strongest, smartest, wisest, most talented, and skilled person. I'm terribly weak, but because I'm so weak, I have to depend on God so that He could use my weaknesses to showcase His awesome strength. That's the only way I can positively impact people's lives through words of encouragement, insight, wisdom, and bridging the gap to resources and other people to help their spiritual growth. It's only THROUGH GOD I am capable of what I do. Instead of viewing my single-mindedness and utter dependence as a curse, I now consider them a blessing. Thus, like Paul, I will boast evermore in my weaknesses(2 Corinthians 12:9-10).


    That being said, whatever "flaw", "imperfection", "failing", or "weakness" you consider yourself having, I want you to embrace them as gifts to impact your calling in this life you were given. I heard a story about Amy Carmichael(1867-1951), who wished her eyes were blue instead of brown when she was younger. She hoped and prayed that God would change her eye color, but became disappointed when He didn't. Little did she know that many years later, God would use her to save countless lives of children and women from sex trafficking and rituals performed in Hindu temples in India. Her brown eyes allowed her to blend in as she disguised herself with mud to look like the Indians and help them escape. Many came to know Christ through her as a result.

    I want you to know and accept that who you are and how you were made is no accident. God didn't make garbage(Genesis 1:31). Just because you don't "feel" that way doesn't mean that it's not true. You are beautiful, adored, cherished, and dearly loved by God. And you each have something valuable to share with others. So celebrate that instead of feeling sorry for yourself. Feeling sorry for yourself only stifles your gifts. Don't let anyone (especially the devil) say otherwise.Everything will work out the way it's supposed to as long as You continue to trust Him and center your identity in Him.








    Romans 8:28, "And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose."

    Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."



    Psalm 139:14, "I will give thanks and praise to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well."



    Psalm 139:15-16, "My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."


    I've compiled two separate lists at the bottom to help you embrace how God made you and walk out your identity in Him. You can print them out, journal, or copy and paste them into Word, Evernote, OneNote, etc. Look at them and rehearse them out loud to yourself daily. Or just keep them somewhere where you can pull them up when you need them. There's no right or wrong way to do this. Just as long as they help you to see yourself in God's eyes. Because honestly, it's His opinion that truly matters.

    Who I Am In Christ Confessions


    True Identity In Christ Scriptures
























  2. #2
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,732
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    151

    Default Re: Appreciating How God Made You

    My friend your testimony is a sad and yet beautiful one and needs to be shared as much as possible. I too know what it's like to struggle in school and feel like you can't do anything I was convinced I was so dumb that I couldn't cook an egg. What you have gone through no one should have to deal with however it is because of all you have been through that you will be able to reach the hearts of others who have known the same.

    I don't believe in accidents or coincidences and I believe that it was no accident that you went through what you did, believe me I have seen the power that a ad and gruesome testimony can have on the hearts of people. People can relate to pain and sadness and even people who have never known pain and sadness on that level are often times impacted by such testimonies.
    Any kind of flaws we may have is not an issue for him because while we may be lacking he is not and he uses what we are lacking to show that he isn't and he uses our weakness to show his strength.

    Pain and sorrow are two of the most common things in this world and strangely enough they are some of the few things in this world that tie people together and create bonds, it is human to know and feel pain and sorrow and Jesus himself knew both of these very well more so than any of us. I myself still struggle with self esteem and I still cannot even stand to look at myself yet in my heart I believe what i have just written because I know that whatever I may see think of feel about myself doesn't matter because I am blind to all of this I do not truly see but he does.
    ChristCenteredGirl likes this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  3. #3
    Senior Member ChristCenteredGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2016
    Age
    24
    Posts
    137
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Appreciating How God Made You

    Blain, my eyes were filled with tears as I read this, literally. Hearing you say this is humbling and a blessing considered with what hardships you've been through. You are absolutely right when you say that pain and sorrow helps us to connect with others on a deeper level and that Jesus knew that better than any of us will comprehend. Honestly, I wish none of us had to go through pain and suffering, but God can take the most gruesome situation and turn it into a masterpiece.

    You're also correct about how we shouldn't rely on our feelings when it comes to self-worth. Since our worth comes from and will always be from God. It definitely is a struggle for many of us though, our finite and imperfect minds will never be able to fully grasp the bigger picture that God has put on display.

    Thank you for your kind words and encouragement, Blain. You inspire me and so many others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    My friend your testimony is a sad and yet beautiful one and needs to be shared as much as possible. I too know what it's like to struggle in school and feel like you can't do anything I was convinced I was so dumb that I couldn't cook an egg. What you have gone through no one should have to deal with however it is because of all you have been through that you will be able to reach the hearts of others who have known the same.

    I don't believe in accidents or coincidences and I believe that it was no accident that you went through what you did, believe me I have seen the power that a ad and gruesome testimony can have on the hearts of people. People can relate to pain and sadness and even people who have never known pain and sadness on that level are often times impacted by such testimonies.
    Any kind of flaws we may have is not an issue for him because while we may be lacking he is not and he uses what we are lacking to show that he isn't and he uses our weakness to show his strength.

    Pain and sorrow are two of the most common things in this world and strangely enough they are some of the few things in this world that tie people together and create bonds, it is human to know and feel pain and sorrow and Jesus himself knew both of these very well more so than any of us. I myself still struggle with self esteem and I still cannot even stand to look at myself yet in my heart I believe what i have just written because I know that whatever I may see think of feel about myself doesn't matter because I am blind to all of this I do not truly see but he does.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,732
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    151

    Default Re: Appreciating How God Made You

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristCenteredGirl View Post
    Blain, my eyes were filled with tears as I read this, literally. Hearing you say this is humbling and a blessing considered with what hardships you've been through. You are absolutely right when you say that pain and sorrow helps us to connect with others on a deeper level and that Jesus knew that better than any of us will comprehend. Honestly, I wish none of us had to go through pain and suffering, but God can take the most gruesome situation and turn it into a masterpiece.

    You're also correct about how we shouldn't rely on our feelings when it comes to self-worth. Since our worth comes from and will always be from God. It definitely is a struggle for many of us though, our finite and imperfect minds will never be able to fully grasp the bigger picture that God has put on display.

    Thank you for your kind words and encouragement, Blain. You inspire me and so many others.
    My friend if you only knew how much it meant to me that what i said impacted you so deeply however I cannot in any way take credit. All that i have spoken were not my own words, All i do is speak my heart he is the words that flow through. Just consider the post above a direct message from his lips to your heart
    ChristCenteredGirl likes this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  5. #5
    Senior Member ChristCenteredGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2016
    Age
    24
    Posts
    137
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Appreciating How God Made You

    Well, I can say that your heart for God is something to be admired. Your willingness to share His heart with others is something so many of us(myself included) should crave more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    My friend if you only knew how much it meant to me that what i said impacted you so deeply however I cannot in any way take credit. All that i have spoken were not my own words, All i do is speak my heart he is the words that flow through. Just consider the post above a direct message from his lips to your heart

  6. #6
    Senior Member student's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2010
    Age
    51
    Posts
    608
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Appreciating How God Made You

    Thanks for sharing. I'm old. I still don't fix my bed regularly or color or dust. I was screamed at for not doing it 'right' so often. Pick your battles, with others as well as to do what's good for you. My mother was a good woman but she dealt poorly with stress. I love her still, even as she looks down from heaven. I find solace in the Word and peace alone with God. About 5 years or more into the mental health regime, I noticed that others noticed I'd leave the room when the words heated up...same with my Mom. She stopped having rages when I was near. Compassion...loved that. Somedays I still cry. I lost my secular family, my children are not very close at this point. I'd love a 'real' sister to understand. Not going to happen... Just came looking for a proverbial 'hug'....God bless all! -student

  7. #7
    Senior Member ChristCenteredGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2016
    Age
    24
    Posts
    137
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Appreciating How God Made You

    I'm sorry to hear that and I understand. Every day is an opportunity to not let the past define you. You are loved by many, you have no idea. I really don't have very many "real" friends, even in church. But I'm thankful for the bonds I share with some people on FB and the encouragement I receive on CC. Do you have a FB?
    Quote Originally Posted by student View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I'm old. I still don't fix my bed regularly or color or dust. I was screamed at for not doing it 'right' so often. Pick your battles, with others as well as to do what's good for you. My mother was a good woman but she dealt poorly with stress. I love her still, even as she looks down from heaven. I find solace in the Word and peace alone with God. About 5 years or more into the mental health regime, I noticed that others noticed I'd leave the room when the words heated up...same with my Mom. She stopped having rages when I was near. Compassion...loved that. Somedays I still cry. I lost my secular family, my children are not very close at this point. I'd love a 'real' sister to understand. Not going to happen... Just came looking for a proverbial 'hug'....God bless all! -student

  8. #8
    Senior Member student's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2010
    Age
    51
    Posts
    608
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Appreciating How God Made You

    A favorite quote: "If you have one true friend, you have more than your share." I believe that's Jesus and it is definitely more than my share. Thank you for the kind words. Just a tough day. Hope you are well. You are a brilliant person, you know. You shine so brightly...God bless!

  9. #9
    Senior Member ChristCenteredGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2016
    Age
    24
    Posts
    137
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Appreciating How God Made You

    Amen. Those words ring true. I'm glad you are feeling better and that this post encouraged you. I can't take any credit for it is God shining through me. He's the reason why I wrote this. You are a very kind woman. May the Lord continue to shine His face on you and remind you of who He is.
    Quote Originally Posted by student View Post
    A favorite quote: "If you have one true friend, you have more than your share." I believe that's Jesus and it is definitely more than my share. Thank you for the kind words. Just a tough day. Hope you are well. You are a brilliant person, you know. You shine so brightly...God bless!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2014
    Age
    32
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Appreciating How God Made You

    Thank you for posting this, I've had a simular life to yours,
    I never knew how to share it publically. Praise Jesus you could share the pain
    I've felt growing up, I may have shared some things but this sums up my life experiance exactly.
    God bless you, I have no doubt this will be a great blessing and encouragement to others
    who have suffered greatly growing up and always wondering why.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristCenteredGirl View Post
    When I was little, my mom would make me sit at the table on evenings and solve math equations out of a workbook. Coming from an Asian background, academics was very important to my mom. She would often get frustrated and yell at me when I failed to do it correctly. I was always bawling my eyes out every time she got angry. The more I cried, the angrier she got. Growing up, I struggled a bit in school. I always needed help from teachers and other students because I couldn't do things right by myself. Thinking logically and rationally doesn't come naturally for me. My brain has a difficult time slowing down and processing thoughts. People would constantly tell me, "Think, Jennifer, think!" "Use your brain!" "Why are you always making this so difficult!" It was really frustrating every time I struggled or people assumed I wasn't trying when I was. Eventually I wore a mask called "apathy" and became very lazy. I felt so incapable, helpless, and weak. I convinced myself it was pointless to try. I cheated off of homework assignments from friends and let my teammates do most of the work during group projects and boss me around with doing easy tasks. In the meantime, people would compare me to my brother who was more natural at making good grades and didn't have to apply himself much. Some would say, "Seriously? You're his sister? You're supposed to be real brainy like him! What's wrong with you!" When someone would try to correct a fault I made, I'd get very angry or discouraged and walk away. Sometimes I'd lash out or throw an object at them or on the ground. I felt like I was constantly being attacked and looked down on. I became a victim of my own pity parties that I threw myself all the time. I started questioning God, demanding why He made me the way I am. It didn't seem fair to me that I struggled with this while everyone around me was more self-reliant, capable, intelligent, and strong. The hatred I harbored towards myself kept rising and the more I hated myself, the more I hated God.


    Just two weeks before my high school graduation, I tried to commit suicide. I didn't think I would be able to graduate from high school and head to college. I felt like the world was crumbling down on me. I wasn't sure how I was going to survive in the real world. It made more sense to take the "easier" way out. I feared being alone in my limitations and failures. I told God that it was pointless to keep me alive and He should replace me with someone more capable and strong to fulfill His grand purpose. However, my plan failed and I ended up staying in a mental health facility for a little while.

    If you're wondering why God made you the way you are, it's because He has a special, unique role for you! I don't know how it will unfold for you, but we all have the same purpose: To love God and share His love with others.






    "But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?"-(Romans 9:20). In 1 Corinthians 12, Paul illustrates the importance of everyone belonging to the body of Christ and how each part has a function. Verses 22-23 says, "On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts we consider less honorable, we treat with greater honor." I'm certainly not the strongest, smartest, wisest, most talented, and skilled person. I'm terribly weak, but because I'm so weak, I have to depend on God so that He could use my weaknesses to showcase His awesome strength. That's the only way I can positively impact people's lives through words of encouragement, insight, wisdom, and bridging the gap to resources and other people to help their spiritual growth. It's only THROUGH GOD I am capable of what I do. Instead of viewing my single-mindedness and utter dependence as a curse, I now consider them a blessing. Thus, like Paul, I will boast evermore in my weaknesses(2 Corinthians 12:9-10).


    That being said, whatever "flaw", "imperfection", "failing", or "weakness" you consider yourself having, I want you to embrace them as gifts to impact your calling in this life you were given. I heard a story about Amy Carmichael(1867-1951), who wished her eyes were blue instead of brown when she was younger. She hoped and prayed that God would change her eye color, but became disappointed when He didn't. Little did she know that many years later, God would use her to save countless lives of children and women from sex trafficking and rituals performed in Hindu temples in India. Her brown eyes allowed her to blend in as she disguised herself with mud to look like the Indians and help them escape. Many came to know Christ through her as a result.

    I want you to know and accept that who you are and how you were made is no accident. God didn't make garbage(Genesis 1:31). Just because you don't "feel" that way doesn't mean that it's not true. You are beautiful, adored, cherished, and dearly loved by God. And you each have something valuable to share with others. So celebrate that instead of feeling sorry for yourself. Feeling sorry for yourself only stifles your gifts. Don't let anyone (especially the devil) say otherwise.Everything will work out the way it's supposed to as long as You continue to trust Him and center your identity in Him.








    Romans 8:28, "And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose."

    Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."



    Psalm 139:14, "I will give thanks and praise to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well."



    Psalm 139:15-16, "My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."


    I've compiled two separate lists at the bottom to help you embrace how God made you and walk out your identity in Him. You can print them out, journal, or copy and paste them into Word, Evernote, OneNote, etc. Look at them and rehearse them out loud to yourself daily. Or just keep them somewhere where you can pull them up when you need them. There's no right or wrong way to do this. Just as long as they help you to see yourself in God's eyes. Because honestly, it's His opinion that truly matters.

    Who I Am In Christ Confessions


    True Identity In Christ Scriptures
























  11. #11
    Senior Member CherieR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    219
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Appreciating How God Made You

    That is good stuff, your testimony and the links.

  12. #12
    Senior Member ChristCenteredGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2016
    Age
    24
    Posts
    137
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Appreciating How God Made You

    Thank y'all. I'm just a vessel used by God to share this. All glory goes to Him.

Similar Threads

  1. Made it
    By Raok in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 9th, 2015, 01:32 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: February 21st, 2014, 02:07 AM
  3. YOU WERE MADE FOR WHAT?
    By richie_2uk in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 10th, 2013, 03:02 PM
  4. Appreciating Your Time in the Wilderness
    By Becky216 in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 10th, 2012, 05:25 AM
  5. This made me cry...
    By Love009 in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 13th, 2010, 08:10 PM