Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By Desertsrose
  • 1 Post By Ugly
  • 2 Post By oldethennew
  • 3 Post By Willie-T
  • 2 Post By Desertsrose
  • 1 Post By Willie-T
  • 2 Post By Desertsrose

Testimonies

Have a testimony? Tell everybody what God has done for you!

Thread: Reminds me of......

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2017
    Age
    79
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Reminds me of......

    Remember J.F. Kennedy in his famous speech to the nation..."Ask not what America can do for you but what you can do for America"

    The days of the miraculous healings are gone. The scripture does talk about what God will do for the sick ."Jehovah will sustain him on his sickbed.”—PS. 41:3.

    Note: MY bible still uses God's name.

    Jehovah is not responsible for the sickness in the world, it is not one's "Cross to bear", sickness along with all the viciousness now seen by mankind and perpetrated by mankind is accountable to Satan.


    We read: “Be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them!” (Revelation 12:12)
    ... Terrible things happen to people “because the Devil has come down” and he has “great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time


    This is what the Bible says, not me, It is not my words but it is what I believe. I would be please to hear other opinions.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Desertsrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,756
    Rep Power
    182

    Default Re: Reminds me of......

    ​Hi Bronson, You already messed up.

    Here's the full verse in Psalm 41:3.
    The Lord will sustain him upon his sickbed;
    In his illness, You restore him to health.

    Sorry, but his proves nothing about the miraculous having ended. If anything, it proves the opposite.

    By why the OT, why not quote the new?

    In the NT we see Jesus healing. We also see the apostles afterwards healing people miraculously. Miracles have never ended. Our God is still working miracles today.
    SAS, Willie-T and oldethennew like this.
    Ezekiel 18:23 Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord God, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,925
    Rep Power
    156

    Default Re: Reminds me of......

    This section is for giving testimonies. Why start a debate thread here?
    SAS likes this.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2017
    Age
    79
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Reminds me of......

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertsrose View Post
    ​Hi Bronson, You already messed up.

    Here's the full verse in Psalm 41:3.
    The Lord will sustain him upon his sickbed;
    In his illness, You restore him to health.

    Sorry, but his proves nothing about the miraculous having ended. If anything, it proves the opposite.

    By why the OT, why not quote the new?

    In the NT we see Jesus healing. We also see the apostles afterwards healing people miraculously. Miracles have never ended. Our God is still working miracles today.
    When Jesus ascended into the heavenly realm and the apostles and disciples that had received the Holy Spirit from God had died out this ability to preform miraculous deeds died out with them. It was not passed on like some sort of inheritance, it just past into disuse. Imagine if the ability to cause things miraculous to happen the Dark Ages would never have transpired.

    In the first century, Jehovah anointed Christians with his holy spirit and gave some of them the ability to perform miracles. (Acts 3:2-7; 9:36-42) For example, they could heal people and speak in different languages. (1 Corinthians 12:4-11) But later those miracles ended, just as the Bible said they would. (1 Corinthians 13:8) So today we cannot expect a miracle from God to heal us or our loved ones.

    So think about your statement of me messing up and you just wanting to think that you are a beneficiary of God alone.

    PS: I refer to the scriptures as the Hebrew and the Greek, not the old and the new as all the Bible has meaning for mankind today. ut that is my privilege.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2017
    Age
    79
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Reminds me of......

    'cause I'm a newbe!!!!!! I will go to debates.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,219
    Rep Power
    133

    Default Re: Reminds me of......

    miraculous Spiritual and Physical Healings have definitely NOT ceased...

    I 'broke my neck and was so devastatingly bodily broken, but guess what?
    I was healed to the extent of 'non-paralysis', so FAR, but I know for sure that
    Jesus healed me of so many of my injuries, past, present...hub also!
    we both give Him all of the Glory due Him, and NEVER DOUBT that
    He is the SAME, yesterday, today, and forever'...

    if you have not been a witness to such things, one should keep their lack of knowledge
    to themselves in order to not make themselves look foolish or lacking in Pure Faith...

    we both have witnessed the miraculous and healings, many times...
    Last edited by oldethennew; July 28th, 2017 at 04:23 PM.
    SAS and Desertsrose like this.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2017
    Age
    79
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Reminds me of......

    Quote Originally Posted by oldethennew View Post
    miraculous Spiritual and Physical Healings have definitely NOT ceased...

    I 'broke my neck and was so devastatingly bodily broken, but guess what?
    I was healed to the extent of 'non-paralysis', so FAR, but I know for sure that
    Jesus healed me of so many of my injuries, past, present...hub also!
    we both give Him all of the Glory due Him, and NEVER DOUBT that
    He is the SAME, yesterday, today, and forever'...

    if you have not been a witness to such things, one should keep their lack of knowledge
    to themselves in order to not make themselves look foolish or lacking in Pure Faith...

    we both have witnessed the miraculous and healings, many times...
    Good for you, psychosomatic suggestion is a great healer at times and I have seen that in reality; however, if you are allowed to express your opinion, I would opine that my opinion is equal of even superior to your opinion, IMO.

    I suffered a spinal injury, the pain was excruciating at times. I spent many hours talking to doctors and surgeons until my mind came to accept that I could do nothing to change the condition. The mind took over and I became used to the pain to the point that I could handle it on a daily basis. Nothing miraculous there, just getting on with it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20,523
    Rep Power
    242

    Default Re: Reminds me of......

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Good for you, psychosomatic suggestion is a great healer at times and I have seen that in reality; however, if you are allowed to express your opinion, I would opine that my opinion is equal of even superior to your opinion, IMO.

    I suffered a spinal injury, the pain was excruciating at times. I spent many hours talking to doctors and surgeons until my mind came to accept that I could do nothing to change the condition. The mind took over and I became used to the pain to the point that I could handle it on a daily basis. Nothing miraculous there, just getting on with it.
    You've managed to find the God you expected to find.... and not a bit more. So, be happy, and let others believe they are healed..... as the God they believe in promised them.
    SAS, oldethennew and Desertsrose like this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Desertsrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,756
    Rep Power
    182

    Default Re: Reminds me of......

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    When Jesus ascended into the heavenly realm and the apostles and disciples that had received the Holy Spirit from God had died out this ability to preform miraculous deeds died out with them. It was not passed on like some sort of inheritance, it just past into disuse. Imagine if the ability to cause things miraculous to happen the Dark Ages would never have transpired.In the first century, Jehovah anointed Christians with his holy spirit and gave some of them the ability to perform miracles. (Acts 3:2-7; 9:36-42) For example, they could heal people and speak in different languages. (1 Corinthians 12:4-11) But later those miracles ended, just as the Bible said they would. (1 Corinthians 13:8) So today we cannot expect a miracle from God to heal us or our loved ones.So think about your statement of me messing up and you just wanting to think that you are a beneficiary of God alone.PS: I refer to the scriptures as the Hebrew and the Greek, not the old and the new as all the Bible has meaning for mankind today. ut that is my privilege.
    Well that's where I think you're mistaken as well. You misquoted an OT scripture to try to prove your point and now you're giving an opinion that's not substantiated with scripture.

    Each believer is baptized in the Holy Spirit and receive gifts from Him. Healing is not passed on from one believer to another. The person God uses to heal is filled with the Holy Spirit and the power comes from Him. It's not something you pass along from one human to another.


    So you must be JW?


    I think it's time to bow out of the conversation. We don't serve the same God, so there will be no agreement here.
    Willie-T and oldethennew like this.
    Ezekiel 18:23 Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord God, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2017
    Age
    79
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Reminds me of......

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertsrose View Post


    Well that's where I think you're mistaken as well. You misquoted an OT scripture to try to prove your point and now you're giving an opinion that's not substantiated with scripture.

    Each believer is baptized in the Holy Spirit and receive gifts from Him. Healing is not passed on from one believer to another. The person God uses to heal is filled with the Holy Spirit and the power comes from Him. It's not something you pass along from one human to another.


    So you must be JW? (Are you looking for a messenger to kill?) Bronson


    I think it's time to bow out of the conversation. We don't serve the same God, so there will be no agreement here.
    Allow me this question: who, amongst all mankind would be cured miraculously? Are there certain criteria for these cures? God created the human body with the ability to cure itself, and that happens on a daily basis without you actually knowing it is going on, but it is not the miraculous cure that you wish to be a part of, is it?

    The scripture in Paul's letter to the Corinthians is not from the OT as you call it, but from the Christian Greek Scriptures.

    You have the right of choice, even if your choice is not in line with the Word of God. I am not condemning you for exercising that choice.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2017
    Age
    79
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Reminds me of......

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    You've managed to find the God you expected to find.... and not a bit more. So, be happy, and let others believe they are healed..... as the God they believe in promised them.
    I wonder what would have happened if Jesus had said nothing, had not been full on in his ministry and just let everyone believe what they wanted to believe?

    With all the different dogma and tenets in religion one has to first decipher who the god is that they worship, is it the God of Creation or is it the god of the world?

    Even the god of the world could cause one to believe they have had some miraculous cure.

    Again: I am not denigrating people, I am trying to understand the concepts, and why they are so strong in some people and completely denied by others.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20,523
    Rep Power
    242

    Default Re: Reminds me of......

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if Jesus had said nothing, had not been full on in his ministry and just let everyone believe what they wanted to believe?

    With all the different dogma and tenets in religion one has to first decipher who the god is that they worship, is it the God of Creation or is it the god of the world?

    Even the god of the world could cause one to believe they have had some miraculous cure.

    Again: I am not denigrating people, I am trying to understand the concepts, and why they are so strong in some people and completely denied by others.
    Yet, He DIDN'T say "nothing." But, we have to listen to what He said, and believe it. ("What if's" really don't go too far.)
    Last edited by Willie-T; July 29th, 2017 at 09:22 AM.
    oldethennew likes this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Desertsrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,756
    Rep Power
    182

    Default Re: Reminds me of......

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Allow me this question: who, amongst all mankind would be cured miraculously? Are there certain criteria for these cures? God created the human body with the ability to cure itself, and that happens on a daily basis without you actually knowing it is going on, but it is not the miraculous cure that you wish to be a part of, is it?The scripture in Paul's letter to the Corinthians is not from the OT as you call it, but from the Christian Greek Scriptures.You have the right of choice, even if your choice is not in line with the Word of God. I am not condemning you for exercising that choice.
    Hi Bronson,
    God answers prayers as He wills, not as we will.

    I was referring to your first scripture in your opening post in Psalms. And your other scriptures you posted didn't help either, but instead you gave an opinion. I was speaking of your opinion you shared because even though you quote scripture, you don't use them correctly.


    Instead we are hearing an opinion from one man named Bronson who is a JW. And no, I'm not looking to kill anyone. You can't expect as a JW on a Christian forum that anyone would agree with you. I mention your JW belief for those who are new believers so that they are forewarned that you don't believe in Christian doctrine.


    You deny the Deity of Christ and you deny the Trinity. Jesus is simply God's first created being. The Holy Spirit is a force rather than the 3rd person of the Trinity.


    So that's why I'll back away. I know we won't agree on anything.


    I hope you come to the true faith.
    Willie-T and oldethennew like this.
    Ezekiel 18:23 Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord God, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2017
    Age
    79
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Reminds me of......

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertsrose View Post


    Hi Bronson,
    God answers prayers as He wills, not as we will.

    I was referring to your first scripture in your opening post in Psalms. And your other scriptures you posted didn't help either, but instead you gave an opinion. I was speaking of your opinion you shared because even though you quote scripture, you don't use them correctly.


    Instead we are hearing an opinion from one man named Bronson who is a JW. And no, I'm not looking to kill anyone. You can't expect as a JW on a Christian forum that anyone would agree with you. I mention your JW belief for those who are new believers so that they are forewarned that you don't believe in Christian doctrine.


    You deny the Deity of Christ and you deny the Trinity. Jesus is simply God's first created being. The Holy Spirit is a force rather than the 3rd person of the Trinity.


    So that's why I'll back away. I know we won't agree on anything.


    I hope you come to the true faith.
    Well now, I must answer your criticism with truth, something you might like to try. You are guessing at my status as a Christian, when in truth, you are not a Christian yourself if you take part in the pagan festivals of Christendom, and I assume you do.

    I might ask, what other beliefs do you preclude from these forums? Who gave you the right to Judge? Why do you resort to lies to denigrate the JWs?

    Obviously, you have not bothered to confirm your lies on the subject. So, on that note, the JWs have nothing to fear from your warning, instead they should look towards you in fear.

    To help you in your attack: Jesus is the only begotten son of God the creator, and the Holy Spirit is God the creator's active force, a force that he can bestow on others. God's active force builds up in the heart of those that pursue the Truth, so my lost friend, you had better do a turn around.

Similar Threads

  1. When An Awesome Song Reminds You of a A Lousy Past...
    By seoulsearch in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: May 19th, 2017, 05:51 PM
  2. Reminds me of C.C.
    By Willie-T in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 7th, 2016, 06:56 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 18th, 2014, 12:38 PM
  4. This reminds me of how I might feel
    By danalee in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 27th, 2014, 10:03 PM
  5. Who in your life reminds you of Christ?
    By thefightinglamb in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: June 21st, 2009, 04:47 AM