Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree21Likes
  • 2 Post By TradCat4Christ
  • 1 Post By Willie-T
  • 1 Post By PJW
  • 4 Post By joefizz
  • 1 Post By TradCat4Christ
  • 3 Post By NoNameMcgee
  • 1 Post By blue_ladybug
  • 2 Post By NoNameMcgee
  • 1 Post By joefizz
  • 1 Post By Magenta
  • 1 Post By joefizz
  • 2 Post By Willie-T
  • 1 Post By TradCat4Christ

Testimonies

Have a testimony? Tell everybody what God has done for you!

Thread: Inspired

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2017
    Posts
    26
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Inspired

    God inspired me to get sober after ten years of addictive ridden Hell, 4 back to back pregnancies with a woman I didn't even know, heroin, alchohal, cocaine, everything I could use with needles and drink. I have been off drugs for 5 years and off booze for over a year and a half. I have four beautiful children and I married the woman I put through Hell. This was a direct result of my daily devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and daily recitation of the mysteries of the Rosary as requested by OUR Blessed Mother at Fatima Portugal in 1917. The 100th anniversary of the Miracle of The Son is on October 13th and if you do not know the story you should read The Devils Final Battle by Paul Kramer. This applies to all people who considers themselves Christians, Catholics or non-Catholics alike. Please check out more of my journey and other commentaries and confessions of a Catholic at my website http://tradcat4christ.com and look for my posts on this site [and how many people attack me ] God Bless you all!
    Willie-T and joefizz like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20,473
    Rep Power
    240

    Default Re: Inspired

    Considering the site you happen to be on, I have to say you certainly do have a set.
    blue_ladybug likes this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  3. #3


    PJW
    PJW is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2017
    Age
    63
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Inspired

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    Considering the site you happen to be on, I have to say you certainly do have a set.
    Is this site anti-catholic?
    Just wondering.
    joefizz likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20,473
    Rep Power
    240

    Default Re: Inspired

    Quote Originally Posted by PJW View Post
    Is this site anti-catholic?
    Just wondering.
    To a large extent, I'm afraid so. But, perhaps some people are learning a little.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  5. #5
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,516
    Rep Power
    76

    Default Re: Inspired

    Quote Originally Posted by PJW View Post
    Is this site anti-catholic?
    Just wondering.
    Well I'm not about to speak for everyone but let me try to put it this way,many of the things taught from the Catholic religion are not written in the bible,such as what you said about "the immaculate heart of mary" this is nowhere in the bible,Mary was Jesus's mother,and follower and at no time did Jesus tell his followers to praise nor pray to mary,but catholics revere her as something she never was,so this is a problem because this goes against God's word and so I myself cannot encourage catholic teachings for that reason,I don't despise catholics,I just wish they would "stick to God's word instead of adding to it",that's my take on things concerning the Catholic.
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2017
    Posts
    26
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Inspired

    Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name." Luke 1:48

    And also the verse, "And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women." Luke 1:28

    Here we have the written Word of God which states all generations will call the Blessed Virgin "blessed", and also an angel from heaven referring to the Blessed Virgin as "blessed" among all women as well. Note the term "blessed" refers that which is holy, heavenly, favored with blessings, or highly favored.

    Now consider the Blessed Virgin, a human being, was chosen to bear in Her womb God incarnate, a God who created all things and is infinitely perfect. "And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God." Luke 1:35.

    We know God would not have chosen a sinful person to bear an infinitely perfect, divine being like Jesus Christ. This fact alone makes her "blessed" without even having to read it elsewhere in Scripture. Though the fact that she is considered "blessed" does NOT make her divine, and does NOT make Her comparable in any way to Our Lord, since only Our Lord is the one who is divine. The Blessed Virgin was still a human being like you or I, but obviously a specially chosen one at that.


    Worship or adoration of the Blessed Virgin has always been FORBIDDEN by the Catholic Church, since She is NOT divine and since only the Holy Trinity may be adored. For proof of this, we can look in the Catholic Encyclopedia under "Devotion to Blessed Virgin Mary" at

    [url=http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15459a.htm]


    Instead, rather because Scripture tells us she is "blessed", the Catholic Church has always only allowed DEVOTION or VENERATION to Her, or simply put, a reverence and devoutness towards Her.


    We see many early Christian writings which spoke frequently of the Blessed Virgin, a sign of their veneration to Her. The Early Church Fathers venerated the Blessed Virgin and were profoundly devoted to Her as Catholics are today. St. Irenaeus (115 - 200), Bishop of Lyons and Father of the Church refers to the Blessed Virgin as "our most eminent advocate". St. Ignatius of Antioch (50-117) wrote to the Ephesians (c. 18-19) about mysteries of Our Lord's life being connected to those of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Elsewhere she is referred to more than once as the "antithesis of Eve". St. Justin and Tertullian both wrote about Her before the end of the 2nd century. She was included in the writings of countless Saints, always being referred to with the highest veneration, yet never worshipped. She was defended in the Council of Ephesus in 431 and the Council of Trent makes mention of Her under Justification. Pope Pius IX made pronouncements about Her as well among so many other writings. We also have miracles such as those repeated healings at Lourdes which are directly associated with Her. Simply put, if the Word of God refers to someone as Blessed or Holy, though worship is inappropriate, reverence and devoutness are quite applicable.


    Why do so many make a devotion to the Blessed Virgin? Simply to ask Her intercession and prayers as we see done elsewhere in Scripture. For example:

    "For the rest, brethren, pray for us, that the word of God may run, and may be glorified, even as among you; And that we may be delivered from importunate and evil men; for all men have not faith." 2 Thes 3:1

    "I beseech you therefore, brethren, through our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the charity of the Holy Ghost, that you help me in your prayers for me to God" Rom 15:30

    "Praying withal for us also, that God may open unto us a door of speech to speak the mystery of Christ (for which also I am bound)" Colossians 4:3

    "And another angel came, and stood before the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given to him much incense, that he should offer of the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar, which is before the throne of God. And the smoke of the incense of the prayers of the saints ascended up before God from the hand of the angel." Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:3-4

    As Christians, we believe in the Word of God found in Scripture, which refers to the Blessed Virgin as being called "Blessed for all generations". Why ignore or take a dislike to a creature God himself refers to as "Blessed"?

    Also note, Jesus loved His earthly mother above all earthly creatures and loves Her exceedingly to this day. As Christians we strive to imitate Christ, so why ignore or even take a dislike to the Blessed Virgin in direct opposition to Jesus? Is she to be disliked for some reason? If so, why?

    If Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary were still on earth, would Jesus encourage us to ignore and even dislike His Mother as so many Protestant denominations openly do?


    Jesus could have appeared on earth in any fashion of His choosing, but instead He chose to come through the Blessed Virgin to us. Why did He choose to come through the Blessed Virgin if there were not a reason? The reason is obvious; He came to us through Her, now God allows us to go through Her to Him in our prayers and requests.
    Last edited by TradCat4Christ; 1 Week Ago at 07:25 AM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2017
    Posts
    26
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Inspired

    http://www.traditionalcatholicsermon...08-07_2110.mp3

    Thank you for not being mean about it. We are all family right?
    NoNameMcgee likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,391
    Rep Power
    109

    Default Re: Inspired

    who dislikes her?

    the issue isnt if she was blessed or not

    its praying to her.... or to any saint

    1 Timothy 2:5

    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;


    another issue

    is the pope.....


    or teachings like purgatory
    Last edited by NoNameMcgee; 1 Week Ago at 07:30 AM.
    Willie-T, NotmebutHim and joefizz like this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    56,593
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    305

    Default Re: Inspired

    This belongs in Bible forum, not Testimonies.. Also, the rules here specify no self-advertising, as you did on another thread by posting a link to your website..
    joefizz likes this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2017
    Posts
    26
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Inspired

    We must first note here that it can readily be seen from the very beginning that Christians adorned their catacombs with paintings of Christ, of the Saints, and of scenes from the Bible, including parts of Our Lord’s Passion such as His crowning.


    Next we note many ancient writings which reference pictures and statues commonly used by Christians in the early centuries of the Church including St. Ambrose (d. 397) and St. Augustine (d. 430) each referring several times to pictures of our Lord and the saints in churches, St. Jerome (d. 420) also writes of pictures of the Apostles as well-known ornaments of churches, Gregory of Tours (d. 594) says that a Frankish woman, who built a church of St. Stephen, showed the artists who painted its walls how they should represent the Saints out of a book. St. Nilus in the fifth century blames a friend for wishing to decorate a church with profane ornaments, and exhorts him to replace these by scenes from Scripture. St. Cyril of Alexandria (d. 444) was also a great a defender of icons in the Church. These are just a few examples.


    The conclusion here is that the principle of adorning chapels and churches with pictures dates from the very earliest Christian times. Centuries before the Iconoclast troubles they were in use throughout Christendom. So also all the old Christian Churches in East and West used holy pictures constantly.

    Next we note the Council of Nicaea II (787) approved of veneration of images, and forbade adoration of them. The Catholic Church and Orthodox churches have always followed decisions of this Council since.


    As additional proof that Catholics do not "worship" or idolize such images, we can clearly see in the document "Veneration of Images" in the Catholic Encyclopedia (CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Veneration of Images) that the Catholic Church has always allowed ONLY veneration but never worship of pictures, statues and the like.


    Some non-Catholics may still somehow insist that veneration of a picture or statue is somehow idolatry or superstition regardless of the proof we provide above. To this we ask, do you have pictures of loved ones around your home as reminders of them? If so, do you love the actual pictures and frames they are in, or do you love who the pictures remind you of? And if you kneel to read a prayer from a prayer book, are you worshipping the prayer book or just using it as an aid? I think we all know the answers to these questions.


    Now let us consider the definition of prayer from "A Catholic Dictionary" (1958) which states that prayer is the "raising of our mind and heart to God”. Hence anything that raises our thoughts heavenward is prayerful.

    Let us now consider the average Christian home today. Many do not have a single symbol of Christianity in any room, but rather are filled with modern art that appeal to sensual rather than the spiritual side of our nature. The Catholic home (especially the devout Catholic home) will be filled with pictures and/or statues of Our Lord, or crucifixes instead of modern art. The result? Looking around a home such as this will constantly "raise the mind and heart to God" for everyone in the family, which is what prayer does. This is clearly not worship but rather an aid. While a family who owns a home filled with modern art will always be thinking on "earthly" levels and will scarcely give Our Lord a second thought throughout the day. Scripture tells us to pray often, so a prayerful home is much better than a non-prayerful home.


    In summary, statues, pictures and the like are a constant inspiration to pious thoughts. They are not ornaments or objects of idolatry or superstition, but prayer aids. Even a short look is an effective means of prayer! Not to have any pictures or statues is a denial that Jesus is master of our households. We all know what Our Lord thought of those who refused to publicly acknowledge Him. No amount of prayer aids is too many, and makes the task of raising our children in the love of God that much easier.

    If you wish to "kick" me from your website than please do so. I am not spam, I am a real Christian and the fact that I have been treated as less then human on this so-called "Christian" site has only affirmed the lack of charity this world has to offer toward someone who is merely defending their beliefs. I have attacked no one and am only sharing my experience, strength, and hope. Thank you for those who do take the time to read my blogs without making assumptions or judgements. All I have attempted to do was profess the truth in historical and rational ways. I am not here to sell a product or offend anyone. Every human being is a creature of God and should be treated as such. God Bless you.

  11. #11
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,391
    Rep Power
    109

    Default Re: Inspired

    Quote Originally Posted by TradCat4Christ View Post
    We must first note here that it can readily be seen from the very beginning that Christians adorned their catacombs with paintings of Christ, of the Saints, and of scenes from the Bible, including parts of Our Lord’s Passion such as His crowning.


    Next we note many ancient writings which reference pictures and statues commonly used by Christians in the early centuries of the Church including St. Ambrose (d. 397) and St. Augustine (d. 430) each referring several times to pictures of our Lord and the saints in churches, St. Jerome (d. 420) also writes of pictures of the Apostles as well-known ornaments of churches, Gregory of Tours (d. 594) says that a Frankish woman, who built a church of St. Stephen, showed the artists who painted its walls how they should represent the Saints out of a book. St. Nilus in the fifth century blames a friend for wishing to decorate a church with profane ornaments, and exhorts him to replace these by scenes from Scripture. St. Cyril of Alexandria (d. 444) was also a great a defender of icons in the Church. These are just a few examples.


    The conclusion here is that the principle of adorning chapels and churches with pictures dates from the very earliest Christian times. Centuries before the Iconoclast troubles they were in use throughout Christendom. So also all the old Christian Churches in East and West used holy pictures constantly.

    Next we note the Council of Nicaea II (787) approved of veneration of images, and forbade adoration of them. The Catholic Church and Orthodox churches have always followed decisions of this Council since.


    As additional proof that Catholics do not "worship" or idolize such images, we can clearly see in the document "Veneration of Images" in the Catholic Encyclopedia (CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Veneration of Images) that the Catholic Church has always allowed ONLY veneration but never worship of pictures, statues and the like.


    Some non-Catholics may still somehow insist that veneration of a picture or statue is somehow idolatry or superstition regardless of the proof we provide above. To this we ask, do you have pictures of loved ones around your home as reminders of them? If so, do you love the actual pictures and frames they are in, or do you love who the pictures remind you of? And if you kneel to read a prayer from a prayer book, are you worshipping the prayer book or just using it as an aid? I think we all know the answers to these questions.


    Now let us consider the definition of prayer from "A Catholic Dictionary" (1958) which states that prayer is the "raising of our mind and heart to God”. Hence anything that raises our thoughts heavenward is prayerful.

    Let us now consider the average Christian home today. Many do not have a single symbol of Christianity in any room, but rather are filled with modern art that appeal to sensual rather than the spiritual side of our nature. The Catholic home (especially the devout Catholic home) will be filled with pictures and/or statues of Our Lord, or crucifixes instead of modern art. The result? Looking around a home such as this will constantly "raise the mind and heart to God" for everyone in the family, which is what prayer does. This is clearly not worship but rather an aid. While a family who owns a home filled with modern art will always be thinking on "earthly" levels and will scarcely give Our Lord a second thought throughout the day. Scripture tells us to pray often, so a prayerful home is much better than a non-prayerful home.


    In summary, statues, pictures and the like are a constant inspiration to pious thoughts. They are not ornaments or objects of idolatry or superstition, but prayer aids. Even a short look is an effective means of prayer! Not to have any pictures or statues is a denial that Jesus is master of our households. We all know what Our Lord thought of those who refused to publicly acknowledge Him. No amount of prayer aids is too many, and makes the task of raising our children in the love of God that much easier.

    If you wish to "kick" me from your website than please do so. I am not spam, I am a real Christian and the fact that I have been treated as less then human on this so-called "Christian" site has only affirmed the lack of charity this world has to offer toward someone who is merely defending their beliefs. I have attacked no one and am only sharing my experience, strength, and hope. Thank you for those who do take the time to read my blogs without making assumptions or judgements. All I have attempted to do was profess the truth in historical and rational ways. I am not here to sell a product or offend anyone. Every human being is a creature of God and should be treated as such. God Bless you.
    im sorry if someone treated you as less than human

    i just believe the catholic doctrine and practices added to scripture are false


    i hope i dont offend you

    i have many family members who believe catholic doctrine or claim other "denominations" that i dont believe are biblical
    Last edited by NoNameMcgee; 1 Week Ago at 08:49 AM.
    Willie-T and joefizz like this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,516
    Rep Power
    76

    Default Re: Inspired

    Quote Originally Posted by TradCat4Christ View Post
    Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name." Luke 1:48

    And also the verse, "And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women." Luke 1:28

    Here we have the written Word of God which states all generations will call the Blessed Virgin "blessed", and also an angel from heaven referring to the Blessed Virgin as "blessed" among all women as well. Note the term "blessed" refers that which is holy, heavenly, favored with blessings, or highly favored.

    Now consider the Blessed Virgin, a human being, was chosen to bear in Her womb God incarnate, a God who created all things and is infinitely perfect. "And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God." Luke 1:35.

    We know God would not have chosen a sinful person to bear an infinitely perfect, divine being like Jesus Christ. This fact alone makes her "blessed" without even having to read it elsewhere in Scripture. Though the fact that she is considered "blessed" does NOT make her divine, and does NOT make Her comparable in any way to Our Lord, since only Our Lord is the one who is divine. The Blessed Virgin was still a human being like you or I, but obviously a specially chosen one at that.


    Worship or adoration of the Blessed Virgin has always been FORBIDDEN by the Catholic Church, since She is NOT divine and since only the Holy Trinity may be adored. For proof of this, we can look in the Catholic Encyclopedia under "Devotion to Blessed Virgin Mary" at

    [url=http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15459a.htm]


    Instead, rather because Scripture tells us she is "blessed", the Catholic Church has always only allowed DEVOTION or VENERATION to Her, or simply put, a reverence and devoutness towards Her.


    We see many early Christian writings which spoke frequently of the Blessed Virgin, a sign of their veneration to Her. The Early Church Fathers venerated the Blessed Virgin and were profoundly devoted to Her as Catholics are today. St. Irenaeus (115 - 200), Bishop of Lyons and Father of the Church refers to the Blessed Virgin as "our most eminent advocate". St. Ignatius of Antioch (50-117) wrote to the Ephesians (c. 18-19) about mysteries of Our Lord's life being connected to those of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Elsewhere she is referred to more than once as the "antithesis of Eve". St. Justin and Tertullian both wrote about Her before the end of the 2nd century. She was included in the writings of countless Saints, always being referred to with the highest veneration, yet never worshipped. She was defended in the Council of Ephesus in 431 and the Council of Trent makes mention of Her under Justification. Pope Pius IX made pronouncements about Her as well among so many other writings. We also have miracles such as those repeated healings at Lourdes which are directly associated with Her. Simply put, if the Word of God refers to someone as Blessed or Holy, though worship is inappropriate, reverence and devoutness are quite applicable.


    Why do so many make a devotion to the Blessed Virgin? Simply to ask Her intercession and prayers as we see done elsewhere in Scripture. For example:

    "For the rest, brethren, pray for us, that the word of God may run, and may be glorified, even as among you; And that we may be delivered from importunate and evil men; for all men have not faith." 2 Thes 3:1

    "I beseech you therefore, brethren, through our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the charity of the Holy Ghost, that you help me in your prayers for me to God" Rom 15:30

    "Praying withal for us also, that God may open unto us a door of speech to speak the mystery of Christ (for which also I am bound)" Colossians 4:3

    "And another angel came, and stood before the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given to him much incense, that he should offer of the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar, which is before the throne of God. And the smoke of the incense of the prayers of the saints ascended up before God from the hand of the angel." Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:3-4

    As Christians, we believe in the Word of God found in Scripture, which refers to the Blessed Virgin as being called "Blessed for all generations". Why ignore or take a dislike to a creature God himself refers to as "Blessed"?

    Also note, Jesus loved His earthly mother above all earthly creatures and loves Her exceedingly to this day. As Christians we strive to imitate Christ, so why ignore or even take a dislike to the Blessed Virgin in direct opposition to Jesus? Is she to be disliked for some reason? If so, why?

    If Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary were still on earth, would Jesus encourage us to ignore and even dislike His Mother as so many Protestant denominations openly do?


    Jesus could have appeared on earth in any fashion of His choosing, but instead He chose to come through the Blessed Virgin to us. Why did He choose to come through the Blessed Virgin if there were not a reason? The reason is obvious; He came to us through Her, now God allows us to go through Her to Him in our prayers and requests.
    actually this is quite an error,because from what you've said,catholics don't put Mary in the same respect as God or Jesus,yet you say,referring to Jesus,"he came to us through her","and God allows us to go through her to him in our prayers and requests",such statements referring to that Jesus is not the mediator between us and God and not our high priest,whom we confess sin to and pray to,this goes against scripture most definitely,for is it not written"none come to the father except through the son".
    Willie-T likes this.
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    18,199
    Rep Power
    370

    Default Re: Inspired

    Quote Originally Posted by TradCat4Christ View Post
    Why do so many make a devotion to the Blessed Virgin? Simply to ask Her intercession and prayers as we see done elsewhere in Scripture. For example:

    "For the rest, brethren, pray for us, that the word of God may run, and may be glorified, even as among you; And that we may be delivered from importunate and evil men; for all men have not faith." 2 Thes 3:1

    "I beseech you therefore, brethren, through our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the charity of the Holy Ghost, that you help me in your prayers for me to God" Rom 15:30

    "Praying withal for us also, that God may open unto us a door of speech to speak the mystery of Christ (for which also I am bound)" Colossians 4:3
    Asking for prayers from people who are alive, or praying for those who yet breathe air, is quite a different thing than asking dead people to intercede on your behalf. Scripture explicitly prohibits attempting contact with the dead. Catholics play stupid when it comes to such distinctions... or maybe they are not playing at it. Hard to tell, sometimes, though the fact that they are deceived in this as in many other issues is obvious. We are instructed to pray for others. This praying to Mary for intercession is idolatry, and blasphemous.

    As Christians, we believe in the Word of God found in Scripture, which refers to the Blessed Virgin as being called "Blessed for all generations". Why ignore or take a dislike to a creature God himself refers to as "Blessed"?
    Jesus called many people blessed, and openly and explicitly rebuked someone for claiming Mary was blessed for having borne and nursed Him.

    Jesus could have appeared on earth in any fashion of His choosing, but instead He chose to come through the Blessed Virgin to us. Why did He choose to come through the Blessed Virgin if there were not a reason? The reason is obvious; He came to us through Her, now God allows us to go through Her to Him in our prayers and requests.
    Were He not born of a woman, He would hardly have been accepted as human, nor could the writer of Hebrews have made the claim that He was tempted in all ways as we are. Catholics come up with outlandish explanations in vain attempts to rationalize and justify their heretical, blasphemous beliefs.
    Willie-T likes this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  14. #14
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,516
    Rep Power
    76

    Default Re: Inspired

    Quote Originally Posted by TradCat4Christ View Post
    Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name." Luke 1:48

    And also the verse, "And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women." Luke 1:28

    Here we have the written Word of God which states all generations will call the Blessed Virgin "blessed", and also an angel from heaven referring to the Blessed Virgin as "blessed" among all women as well. Note the term "blessed" refers that which is holy, heavenly, favored with blessings, or highly favored.

    Now consider the Blessed Virgin, a human being, was chosen to bear in Her womb God incarnate, a God who created all things and is infinitely perfect. "And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God." Luke 1:35.

    We know God would not have chosen a sinful person to bear an infinitely perfect, divine being like Jesus Christ. This fact alone makes her "blessed" without even having to read it elsewhere in Scripture. Though the fact that she is considered "blessed" does NOT make her divine, and does NOT make Her comparable in any way to Our Lord, since only Our Lord is the one who is divine. The Blessed Virgin was still a human being like you or I, but obviously a specially chosen one at that.


    Worship or adoration of the Blessed Virgin has always been FORBIDDEN by the Catholic Church, since She is NOT divine and since only the Holy Trinity may be adored. For proof of this, we can look in the Catholic Encyclopedia under "Devotion to Blessed Virgin Mary" at

    [url=http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15459a.htm]


    Instead, rather because Scripture tells us she is "blessed", the Catholic Church has always only allowed DEVOTION or VENERATION to Her, or simply put, a reverence and devoutness towards Her.


    We see many early Christian writings which spoke frequently of the Blessed Virgin, a sign of their veneration to Her. The Early Church Fathers venerated the Blessed Virgin and were profoundly devoted to Her as Catholics are today. St. Irenaeus (115 - 200), Bishop of Lyons and Father of the Church refers to the Blessed Virgin as "our most eminent advocate". St. Ignatius of Antioch (50-117) wrote to the Ephesians (c. 18-19) about mysteries of Our Lord's life being connected to those of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Elsewhere she is referred to more than once as the "antithesis of Eve". St. Justin and Tertullian both wrote about Her before the end of the 2nd century. She was included in the writings of countless Saints, always being referred to with the highest veneration, yet never worshipped. She was defended in the Council of Ephesus in 431 and the Council of Trent makes mention of Her under Justification. Pope Pius IX made pronouncements about Her as well among so many other writings. We also have miracles such as those repeated healings at Lourdes which are directly associated with Her. Simply put, if the Word of God refers to someone as Blessed or Holy, though worship is inappropriate, reverence and devoutness are quite applicable.


    Why do so many make a devotion to the Blessed Virgin? Simply to ask Her intercession and prayers as we see done elsewhere in Scripture. For example:

    "For the rest, brethren, pray for us, that the word of God may run, and may be glorified, even as among you; And that we may be delivered from importunate and evil men; for all men have not faith." 2 Thes 3:1

    "I beseech you therefore, brethren, through our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the charity of the Holy Ghost, that you help me in your prayers for me to God" Rom 15:30

    "Praying withal for us also, that God may open unto us a door of speech to speak the mystery of Christ (for which also I am bound)" Colossians 4:3

    "And another angel came, and stood before the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given to him much incense, that he should offer of the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar, which is before the throne of God. And the smoke of the incense of the prayers of the saints ascended up before God from the hand of the angel." Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:3-4

    As Christians, we believe in the Word of God found in Scripture, which refers to the Blessed Virgin as being called "Blessed for all generations". Why ignore or take a dislike to a creature God himself refers to as "Blessed"?

    Also note, Jesus loved His earthly mother above all earthly creatures and loves Her exceedingly to this day. As Christians we strive to imitate Christ, so why ignore or even take a dislike to the Blessed Virgin in direct opposition to Jesus? Is she to be disliked for some reason? If so, why?

    If Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary were still on earth, would Jesus encourage us to ignore and even dislike His Mother as so many Protestant denominations openly do?


    Jesus could have appeared on earth in any fashion of His choosing, but instead He chose to come through the Blessed Virgin to us. Why did He choose to come through the Blessed Virgin if there were not a reason? The reason is obvious; He came to us through Her, now God allows us to go through Her to Him in our prayers and requests.
    There is no reason to dislike Mary,she was earthly mother to Jesus and one of his followers,and she indeed was blessed,but as for praise or prayer there is no order to do so concerning her in either regard.
    Reverence assuming you mean respect her is welcomed just as with all God's followers,prophets,disciples and apostles,is no problem,as for devotion to her,there is once again no scripture ordering or encouraging such things from God or Jesus,and keep in mind as far as praise goes what I mean is that declaring she was blessed as one woman did is not a big deal in what could be classified as praise,I refer to that mary magdalene,is not to be praised in the sense of worshipping her or in the sense that she was on equal level with God/Jesus like when we sing praises we sing to God/Jesus not mary magdalene,now naturally songs with her mentioned in them is good bible education wise because it helps us to remember Jesus's birth and how great it was that he was born as saviour,but Glory goes to God alone for "he holds the power,glory and kingdom forever".
    Once again don't think that I am in anyway disrespecting or disliking mary,it's great that she decided to accept being impregnated of the holy spirit,as God desired of her,but one must remember that if she had declined,God could have simply chose another virgin woman,She was informed that she was blessed for being sought as a virgin that would give birth to a Saviour by the holy spirit,but remember as it is written "God is know respector to persons",God found favour in mary magdalene but remember not all who God chose for any role,did as he desired.
    For example Saul whom God chose as the first earthly king of Israel(God was the original heavenly king but Israel refused him as King)
    and eventually it repented God that he had made saul king,for twice he disobeyed him when given very important orders,and eventually decided to choose another King,one after his own heart which he found in David,so yeah mary should be remembered and respected for her choice to accept the blessing of giving birth to Jesus(otherwise named Immanuel,God with us)
    as well as for being a devout follower of Jesus,but God/Jesus should always be first in our minds,for if not for her being chosen by God to be impregnated by the holy spirit having Jesus,she would have been no different than other blessed virgins.
    Last edited by joefizz; 1 Week Ago at 04:20 PM.
    Willie-T likes this.
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20,473
    Rep Power
    240

    Default Re: Inspired

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    im sorry if someone treated you as less than human

    i just believe the catholic doctrine and practices added to scripture are false

    i hope i dont offend you
    i have many family members who believe catholic doctrine or claim other "denominations" that i dont believe are biblical
    And you are absolute correct and directly Biblical in believing so.
    Magenta and NoNameMcgee like this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    18,199
    Rep Power
    370

    Default Re: Inspired

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    as for devotion to her, there is once again no scripture ordering or encouraging such things from God or Jesus...
    It is a lie he has repeated here, since becoming a member. He wants us to devote our lives to Mary, and claims it is what Jesus has requested us to do

    Quote Originally Posted by TradCat4Christ View Post
    The ancient Pharisees thought themselves to be saved too. Just as they condemned and hated Christ everyone I meet, everyone in these types of forums condemns and has hatred for the traditional Catholic Faith as instituted by Our Lord. God Bless you all devote your lives to the Immaculate Heart of Our Blessed Mother as Christ as requested us to do so as proved in the miracle of the sun which had worldwide recognition in 1917, and the message of Our Lady of Fatima. Stop speaking for God in declaring yourselves saved and work out your own salvation through your saviour who is not only infinite in His Mercy but also His Justice. I am sure I will be banned from this forum too. Take care.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2017
    Posts
    26
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Inspired

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    im sorry if someone treated you as less than human

    i just believe the catholic doctrine and practices added to scripture are false


    i hope i dont offend you

    i have many family members who believe catholic doctrine or claim other "denominations" that i dont believe are biblical
    I am not offended, nor am I trying to offend anyone. I appreciate that, and keep everyone in my prayers as we all could use them!
    NoNameMcgee likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Inspired By God
    By NyKayAk in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: May 21st, 2016, 05:40 PM
  2. inspired
    By weirdoh in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 4th, 2015, 02:21 AM
  3. Inspired
    By Inspired in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 5th, 2013, 08:54 PM
  4. Must have hip hop album inspired by GOD-W.L.A.K.
    By BrownTheory in forum Christian Music Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 18th, 2013, 01:29 AM
  5. Who has inspired you?
    By Perk in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2012, 09:11 PM