1 Chr 18:6-8

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
[h=1]1 Chronicles 18:6-8 King James Version (KJV)[/h] [SUP]6 [/SUP]Then David put garrisons in Syriadamascus; and the Syrians became David's servants, and brought gifts. Thus the Lord preserved David whithersoever he went.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]And David took the shields of gold that were on the servants of Hadarezer, and brought them to Jerusalem.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Likewise from Tibhath, and from Chun, cities of Hadarezer, brought David very much brass, wherewith Solomon made the brasen sea, and the pillars, and the vessels of brass.

[h=1]1 Chronicles 18:6-8 Common English Bible (CEB)[/h] [SUP]6 [/SUP]David stationed soldiers in Aram of Damascus, enslaved them, and required payment. The Lord gave David victory wherever he went.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]David took the gold shields carried by Hadadezer’s servants and brought them to Jerusalem. [SUP]8 [/SUP]From Tibhath and Cun, Hadadezer’s cities, David took large amounts of bronze, with which Solomon made the bronze basin, the pillars, and the bronze equipment.

Common English Bible (CEB)
Copyright © 2011 by Common English Bible

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

6 David because God was with Him overtook the Syrians and by them serving him it help build up his nation. Whatever David God was with him this was because David seeked to serve the Lord first and he was a righteous king because of this. The taxes that were made to be paid were so that they could continue to live in their homes instead of David making them move else where, it would bring wealth to Israel.

7 Jerusalem was the city that his throne would be in and it would also become the city that the temple was to be built.

8 We see here how David is getting things together for Solomon to build the temple. David even though he was not allowed to build the temple he did everything he could for his son who would be building it instead of getting discouraged, he kept serving the Lord who he wanted to build the temple for.

G

Galahad

David killed Goliath. He was younger at the time. He was loyal to the Lord while sought by king Saul. Was as a brother to Jonathan.
Became King over Israel.
He committed adultery and sent the woman's husband to frontlines of battle. Adultery and murder, essentially.
Wanted to build the house of the Lord. Prohibited.

His preparing the temple for Solomon was like "I want a part in this." Wonder if David rehearsed his life and recognized how much he was a part the temple's establishment.

And the Lord promised that David's kingdom would be with no end. Everlasting!

The physical or material contributions we make in our life that are in harmony to the will of the Lord, are much greater than we realize. David's faithfulness to the Lord resulted in more than David would realize while here on earth.

G

Galahad

David killed Goliath. He was younger at the time. He was loyal to the Lord while sought by king Saul. Was as a brother to Jonathan.
Became King over Israel.
He committed adultery and sent the woman's husband to frontlines of battle. Adultery and murder, essentially.
Wanted to build the house of the Lord. Prohibited.

His preparing the temple for Solomon was like "I want a part in this." Wonder if David rehearsed his life and recognized how much he was a part the temple's establishment.

And the Lord promised that David's kingdom would be with no end. Everlasting!

The physical or material contributions we make in our life that are in harmony to the will of the Lord, are much greater than we realize. David's faithfulness to the Lord resulted in more than David would realize while here on earth.
Galahad,
What is your point? I tend agree with everything you say, but this time, I don't know.

G

Galahad

Galahad,
What is your point? I tend agree with everything you say, but this time, I don't know.
That's fine. I'm right. David's contribution to the nation of Israel was spiritual. That was not realized by him at the time, but it is certainly by us.

Do you have a problem with that, Galahad?

G

Galahad

That's fine. I'm right. David's contribution to the nation of Israel was spiritual. That was not realized by him at the time, but it is certainly by us.

Do you have a problem with that, Galahad?
No. And thank you. I'm done.

Jenizona

Aug 8, 2015
Geeze, I wish you guys wouldn't flame each other so much on these threads. :cool::cool: