1 John 1:5

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shotgunner

Of course you will say something like that. People like you are simply unable to directly address the things I write. You have to either manufacture strawmen like "keep the law" or "saving yourself" or otherwise simply ignore everything I write. You have chosen the latter after an unsuccessful attempt at the former.

You are opposed to "heart purity" even though Jesus himself taught it, and instead argue in favour of perpetual wickedness.

In your mind, everyone is utterly wicked and thus anyone who claims to have been, or that it is even possible, to be cleansed of inward iniquity is utterly deceived.

I think it is very sad that people like you reject a faith that purifies the heart and instead argue in favour of remaining manifestly filthy. You perceive the blood of Christ as merely providing you with a cloak/cover by which God can pretend that the manifestly wicked are in fact righteous.

Your religion is barren of any transformative power resultant in inward purity which is why you, and your ilk, have no testimony if being redeemed from all iniquity and being made pure by which you would be truly zealous of righteousness.

A direct discussion on "heart purity" is a foundation destroyer for your entire house of cards and that is why people like you repeatedly will refuse to engage on the subject.

Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

An authentic new birth experience is inclusive of a pure heart out of which we love one another fervently. To reject that and argue in favour of ongoing perpetual wickedness it to utterly oppose God.

1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

You don't have a clue who I am or even what I believe, you don't even want to find out. You are too eaten up with your own self righteousness.

I am completely for heart purity, it comes by salvation and it is by grace through faith. I am also for sanctification which is yielding to the Holy Spirit and laying down our sins to be conformed to the image of Christ. I actually hate sin and all it stands for, which should be the attitude of all born again believers. I'm just not so arrogant to think that I would be able to stand before God without his grace and forgiveness.

You who profess to be without sin, can you not see your own self righteous attitude and judgment of others? Do you not see that it is a sin just as worthy of hell as any other? Can you not see your need for grace?

W

WoundedWarrior

You who profess to be without sin, can you not see your own self righteous attitude and judgment of others? Do you not see that it is a sin just as worthy of hell as any other? Can you not see your need for grace?
Most of the time, when they address me in a reply, I wish they were holding a mirror and addressing themselves instead.

S

shotgunner

Most of the time, when they address me in a reply, I wish they were holding a mirror and addressing themselves instead.
Maybe that's what God meant when he said, judge not, lest you be judged. Wow, think about that! Because of Christ, God isn't judging us ,yet we are judging ourselves.