1 John 1 & the beginning of 2 is Not Saying the Reborn have sin.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 16, 2022
Under 16 minute video that will blow your mind:

Righteous are those that don't deliberately sin ...the Fully Repentant.

King David and the prodigal son became Righteous ...most of you are still in your sins ...not Righteous at all. No, JESUS didn't make your new sins Righteous.

JESUS Paid for The Way for you to stop your deliberate sins against GOD ...Not for you to kiss Him on the Cheek and keep doing them.

it's impossible to have Fellowship with those in darkness because they are still on The Death Side of The Cross excusing sin.

1 John 1 is to people that are not in Fellowship so they are walking in darkness ...meaning the ...if we say we don't sin we are a liar ... was Taking about ending their darkness by Fully Repenting. they wanted to say they were in Fellowship without Denying themselves future sins.

To add to the video ...i have this:

The Reborn don’t deliberately sin after Full Repentance …if they want to remain Saved:

This is Talking about Repentance before Rebirth/Adoption (Getting on The Cross with Him once: Romans 6):

[1 John 1:8-10 KJV] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.​
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.​
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.​

The Bible didn't have Chapters for a thousand years. Someone evil split 1 John 1 short to make the beginning of 1 John 2 look like a different subject. The SPIRIT, through John, was still Talking about Repentance before getting on The Cross with The Advocate! That's why The SPIRIT talks about the sins of the whole world.

Here It is continued without a gap:

[1 John 2:1-2 KJV] My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin ((the world)), we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:​
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.​

How does it make any sense for It to be Talking about sins of the whole world at that point in The Scripture ...if they want it to mean the Reborn are Forgiven for new sins?

Repentance for the world (any man) has an Advocate before Rebirth!!!
It's instructions on how to become Reborn (Repentance) which the whole world can do also. It's not Talking about sin after Rebirth at all!

The Advocate is not available on The Cross for The Reborn because they should be New Life on The Other Side of The Cross ...not needing His Blood from The Cross anymore.

[Heb 10:26 KJV] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

So ask this question: Can your future sins be forgiven from The BLOOD of The Advocate on The Cross after you have died with CHRIST and raised to New Life?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
[1 John 1:8-10 KJV] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Amen. The difference between a sinner and a saint is confession and repentance. Not a one-time thing.

Nov 26, 2021
India
As often as we sin, we can be forgiven when we confess and repent of that sin, as it says in 1 John.

Or as it says in the Old Testament, whoever confesses and renounces his sins will find Mercy from the Lord:

"Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy." (Prov 28:13)

But since we now know sin hurts and wounds the Loving Heart of Our Lord and Savior, we should strive to sin as little as possible. And once the Holy Spirit lives in us, it is possible to aim to live a blameless life, as some Bible Heroes have done.

We should strive for that, but if we do sin, as St. John clearly says, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous. He wrote that epistle, or God wrote it through him, so that we not go on sinning, but be able to overcome it.

Mar 4, 2020
This isn’t about sinless perfectionism, but rather walking in the light.

1 John 1
7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

1 John 2
9Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness. 10Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble. 11But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them.

And there’s so much more in the context. Sinning after salvation is forgivable. This is where grace and confession comes into action.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Under 16 minute video that will blow your mind:

Righteous are those that don't deliberately sin ...the Fully Repentant.

King David and the prodigal son became Righteous ...most of you are still in your sins ...not Righteous at all. No, JESUS didn't make your new sins Righteous.

JESUS Paid for The Way for you to stop your deliberate sins against GOD ...Not for you to kiss Him on the Cheek and keep doing them.

it's impossible to have Fellowship with those in darkness because they are still on The Death Side of The Cross excusing sin.

1 John 1 is to people that are not in Fellowship so they are walking in darkness ...meaning the ...if we say we don't sin we are a liar ... was Taking about ending their darkness by Fully Repenting. they wanted to say they were in Fellowship without Denying themselves future sins.

To add to the video ...i have this:

The Reborn don’t deliberately sin after Full Repentance …if they want to remain Saved:

This is Talking about Repentance before Rebirth/Adoption (Getting on The Cross with Him once: Romans 6):

[1 John 1:8-10 KJV] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.​
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.​
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.​

The Bible didn't have Chapters for a thousand years. Someone evil split 1 John 1 short to make the beginning of 1 John 2 look like a different subject. The SPIRIT, through John, was still Talking about Repentance before getting on The Cross with The Advocate! That's why The SPIRIT talks about the sins of the whole world.

Here It is continued without a gap:
[1 John 2:1-2 KJV] My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin ((the world)), we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:​
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.​

How does it make any sense for It to be Talking about sins of the whole world at that point in The Scripture ...if they want it to mean the Reborn are Forgiven for new sins?

Repentance for the world (any man) has an Advocate before Rebirth!!!
It's instructions on how to become Reborn (Repentance) which the whole world can do also. It's not Talking about sin after Rebirth at all!

The Advocate is not available on The Cross for The Reborn because they should be New Life on The Other Side of The Cross ...not needing His Blood from The Cross anymore.

[Heb 10:26 KJV] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

So ask this question: Can your future sins be forgiven from The BLOOD of The Advocate on The Cross after you have died with CHRIST and raised to New Life?
Well eternal salvation isn't a work contract where you can be fired for poor performance. It's Jesus eternally saving someone and dwelling in their soul thru the Holy Spirit.. and He will stay with that person through all their problems, sin and struggles. That is real relationship. He isn't dependent on our behaviour.

He does want us to follow Him, commands it.. but undergirds this with unlimited grace so we CAN follow Him.. otherwise it's impossible.

L

Locoponydirtman

The problem here is two things. One the writer is writting in the first person plural ie; "we", and no passage of the Bible is written to anyone other than the believers. Willful is the difference between repentant and unrepentant. The repentant person sins and grieves his sin and then conffesses and the willful sins and scoffs.

I will stick with a normal reading comprehension of the passage "exogesis" and reject any kind of extra special theological imposition of word definition changing, isogesis. There are mysteries in God's word but His word is not a mystery.

Nov 26, 2021
India
The bottom line is God loves us, and for believers, All will be well in the end. God is not going to scoff at sincere lifelong efforts to serve Him as best we can. He is going to bless us on Earth, even amidst trials and tribulations, and finally reward us in Heaven. Just believe in Jesus, invoke His Blood to wash away your sins, confess when you fall, and strive not to fall. By the Power of His Spirit dwelling in you, all things are possible. Live a life for the Glory of God and then leave the rest to Him.

God Bless.

Dec 16, 2022
David eventually Fully Repented ...most haven't.

[1Ki 15:5 KJV] Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

David Wrote this:
[Psa 119:11 KJV] Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

He turned to GOD with all his heart.

[Psa 18:19-24 KJV] He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
[20] The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
[21] For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
[22] For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me.
[23] I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity.
[24] Therefore hath the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight.

So you misinterpret
[1Jo 1:8 KJV] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Are you saying King David is deceiving himself and the truth is not in him? He turned from his old ways at this point.

[1Ki 11:38 KJV] And it shall be, if thou wilt hearken unto all that I command thee, and wilt walk in my ways, and do that is right in my sight, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as David my servant did; that I will be with thee, and build thee a sure house, as I built for David, and will give Israel unto thee.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Amen. The difference between a sinner and a saint is confession and repentance. Not a one-time thing.
right if we acknolwedge our sins and repent it’s showing that our sin isn’t willful because it bothers our conscience if it doesn’t bother us to sin to where we are moved to confess to the lord and deal with it it’s showing that our Will is to keep sinning freely without any hindrance.

when we get old and are looking back we can understand that no one is righteous no one one is without sin. And it starts to make sense why a perfect man was sacrificed on behalf of the imperfect ones. And reveals Gods true love for his creation that even though they are the fruit when he warned then not to , and we’re led astray and corrupted his creation

, he went from his throne in heaven all the way to flesh and blood born of a woman as we are born as subjects to Gods authority as we are , was tempted like we are by the world through his flesh , and u like us he never yeilded never obeyed sin never failed to walk upright before God never sinned.

The very thing no one else has ever done and so this actually makes sense because God loves us he’s trying to make available to us , to choose salvation and eternal life as his children instead of the end of sin which is death

“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the doctrine is “ never sin at all in any way “ but when anyone does sin Jesus has atoned for thier sin if they do what John is saying to do Jesus will do what John is saying he will do

The relevant question becomes “ what exactly is this light John is referring to ?”

“If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:6-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We can’t forget this part that if your dealing with a fellow believer they believe this first

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:14-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and we have this that goes with that

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Verily, verily, I ( the son ) say unto you,

He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22, 24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

what Jesus is talking about Moses and the serpent is to give us I understanding of the cross and where it becomes relevant to those who believe

“And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.

Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.

And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭21:6-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The children of Israel Had been rebelling and complaining as they always did in the desert those fourty years and so God sends a punishment and they repent and come to thier intercessor Moses in repentance asking for mercy so Moses thier intercessor , interceded and prays for them and so he gives him a pattern of the cross whereby those who have sinned could look to and still live though they had been condemned for thier sins.

Jesus when he comes then refers back to hat pattern so we can understand the place of the bloodstains left on the cross as a propitiation formoir sins and how we are saved by faith in Jesus and his atonement when we need it

awe need to make a decision and goal that we’re going to live right according to the gospel , and never forget that when we have failed him , if we don’t pretend we didn’t but acknowledge it and repent like David did He is always faithful and merciful Jesus dying for our sins should remind us of this truth , now we can repent and be washed clean and have our sins cast into the deepest sea never to be remembered again in hopes we will come to repentance and conform to the image of Christ in the gospel which is the Christian calling

repentance is a state of mind and heart and through our conscience Jesus teaches believers as we hear the gospel what to repent of and what to do it’s not Moses law that defines sin , it’s the gospel that creates Gods children we need to repent and believe

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
As often as we sin, we can be forgiven when we confess and repent of that sin, as it says in 1 John.

Or as it says in the Old Testament, whoever confesses and renounces his sins will find Mercy from the Lord:

"Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy." (Prov 28:13)

But since we now know sin hurts and wounds the Loving Heart of Our Lord and Savior, we should strive to sin as little as possible. And once the Holy Spirit lives in us, it is possible to aim to live a blameless life, as some Bible Heroes have done.

We should strive for that, but if we do sin, as St. John clearly says, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous. He wrote that epistle, or God wrote it through him, so that we not go on sinning, but be able to overcome it.
amen . an eternal sacrifice is made not because everyone is perfect or even going to be perfect moving forward but because no one is an atonement is made.

Amen brother that’s the new covenant mercy of David and only way we can be saved because all Of us have sinned according to Moses law we just don’t all recognize it yet

Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭55:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

david was chosen as a young man as Israel’s king and was a great king but he was far from perfect all along To name a few things , david coveted after a faithful Israelites wife , he instigated and committed adultery with her and impregnated her while Uriah was away

He then plotted lies and deceit trying to get them to lay together so he would think it was his child to cover his sin but Uriah was a faithful soldier and guarded the ark even at night . Finally David tells them to put him on the front line of war and for all e others to back away and leave him alone to be killed

This is the sure mercies of David and repentance working together

“Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven,

And whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭4:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no guile.

When I kept silence, my bones waxed old Through my roaring all the day long. For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: My moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

I acknowledged my sin unto thee, And mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; And thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: Surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.

( promise of the gospel )
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭32:1-6, 8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It’s those who acknowledge thier sin and repent as we learn in what he’s quoting from who receive remission of sin just as John is saying like David said “ when I didn’t say anything to God about my sin , it ate me up inside , it hurt and grieved my heart so then I acknowledged my sins and you forgave the iniquity everyone that is godly should hope and pray for this also “

psalm 51 is where you see David’s repentance and confession and requests for mercy and salvation from his sin

under the law david committed various sins requiring his death but long after David died because of the mercy God gave him God says this

“And it shall be, if thou wilt hearken unto all that I command thee, and wilt walk in my ways, and do that is right in my sight, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as David my servant did; that I will be with thee, and build thee a sure house, as I built for David, and will give Israel unto thee.”
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭11:38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“and rent the kingdom away from the house of David, and gave it thee: and yet thou hast not been as my servant David, who kept my commandments, and who followed me with all his heart, to do that only which was right in mine eyes;”
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭14:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If you take away Gods mercy, david sinned many times over serious deadly sins adultery , killing someone to cover his own sin , conspiracy to kill all are death sentences in the law. But God says “ David only did what is right and kept his commandments “

It’s because David acknowledged his sins in life and confessed they and repented over them he didn’t hide them as if God couldnt see he stepped onto the light and said “here I am lord I sinned “

Dec 16, 2022
GOD Gives you a way out of temptation ...so stop excusing it!

1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV — There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.